What's new

[WIP - Full] Lilium Union

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So I've mentioned a mystery project that I've been working on to keep my translation skills sharp while I'm mainly focused on getting JapeTrans finished, and here it is (I actually mentioned this on Hongfire some time ago). It's me getting back into my first project that I stopped work to focus on VPM, Lilium Union.

Screenshots (Horribly out of date, but I am still working to fix my tools to be able to use my current WIP patch)

Game Link:
ULMF Thread: Link (thanks to imnotapervert /AngleBoi7)
Download link (Horribly out of date version):

It should be noted that I made a fair number of what I would consider errors in my original work, as one would expect from a first effort at translation. I'm fixing these up; the errors include the following:
  • Names of many characters come from Shakespeare, so should use English names from Shakespeare where appropriate (e.g. the three sisters, Regan, Cordelia and Goneril from King Lear, Katherina from the Taming of the Shrew, Nerisa/Portia from the Merchant of Venice - I could go on)
  • My translations of the days of the week in the current release version are a complete mess - am now changing it to use old English.
  • I had chosen to localise the game as if it were in Japan; all things considered, especially with the Shakespeare character names and Western style castle, I don't think that this is a defensible position anymore.
  • And a good chunk of general translation errors

Hence no-one should expect the current patch to reflect what the final version will look like.

I am currently sitting at approximately 58% complete, and this is rising fairly rapidly. I'll post more when I have something new to release (remember: until I get JapeTrans released, I can't release work that utilises JapeTrans features. This project is even using a feature I haven't completely implemented, fragmentation, which greatly speeds up the translation of H-scenes with lots of SFX/moans).

Last edited:

KairiFactor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
AWESOME! I remember playing the first part of this a long time ago with your translation. Glad to see it(might) come out in English!

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ohh jeez how many years have passed already since i first played this game. I'm glad that you are picking it up again, especially after Arunaru got my hopes up on the hongfire.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well, I don't think there's much worry of me dropping it now. I feel like I'm in too deep this time, and having the go-ahead from T.O.D (the public face of Tsuki-no-mizu, the authors) makes me much happier doing this as I know there's minimal possibility of messy legal issues now. Of course there's a bit of a question mark on how many people are going to be interested in the translation of a nearly 5 year old H-game... But whatever.

I'm also investigating the possibility of a relatively small mod to the game, where the goal would be to expand Laurel/Iris's chats a bit. One of the reasons I was interested in this game as a demo was that Laurel/Iris's chat in the demo did reference game events - a system which was not really used too much in the full version of the game. However, I'm still working out how to do this with JapeTrans (which is still primarily meant to be a translation software, so modding support is really pushing against what it's designed to do. That said, game agnostic modding support would be an incredibly cool feature). In any case, I would support people wanting to play the vanilla version of the game somehow (either with two versions of the patch, or an option to disable the customised content).

KairiFactor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I really liked the art style to this game, and the small details to the cg it has. Well maybe after this, since you have their full go ahead; we can see their next game sometime! 8D

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Just letting people know an interesting development on Hongfire. Arunaru showed up, and after a brief discussion, it seems that we're now combining forces on this game. Or kinda, anyway; he's released his mostly complete translation patch, and I will be combining it with my own work / editing / technical improvements. This should hopefully result in a much better translation than I would be able to do on my own (as Arunaru has much more experience translating than I), and better presentation than Arunaru would be able to do on his own (as I'll be converting the patch to use decent fonts and the like, as well as applying another layer of polish to the characters). So a win-win all round.

I'm not sure how this effects the prospects for getting a release out soon; I'm still working on JapeTrans after all, which is a pre-req for the technical aspects that need to be improved, but suffice to say that any estimated release date has moved forward now.

Merry Christmas all!

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oh wow i didn't expect that plot twist :p. Thanks for the news, i'm excited to finish this game after all this time.

maliman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I bought this game because it was on sale and in anticipation of this patch. Thanks much for this and the Virgin's Protection Magic one.

Serous

Lurker
Reputation score
Which version of the game should I buy? The Jap site has version 1.10 while the english one has version 1.04

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The difference between 1.10 and 1.04 is there's an additional mini-game bundled with 1.10. However, I'm pretty certain that both ENG/JP Dlsite actually have the same version, with ENG DLSite's description being out of date, because if you scroll down to the file data you'll see both offer a file which is exactly the same size. So it's very likely it doesn't matter which one you get - and in terms of the translation, like all my work, it'll apply to any version of the game.

Incidentally, ages back a Hongfire user named Danielson translated the bonus game and uploaded it in it's entirety. .

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I am so much more hype for this than VPM, I know this is secondary to that but this is great news. Wasn't expecting you to pick this back up hoo-rah.

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Any news on the progress? Or, news worth sharing considering VPM is your main project if I'm correct. This is one of the translations I'm looking forward to the most at the moment.

Konb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So did you ever hear back from the dev on weather it was lilum or limum or whatever?

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
prinnydood123 No, because I haven't sent that e-mail yet. Too much on my plate at present.

My suspicion is that T.O.D originally intended it to be called "Lilim Union", but is also unaware of the actual definition of the term "Lilim" i.e. that it refers to the children of Lilith, who in mythology are more like bogeymen (i.e. they drew more from Lilith the child killer/witch than Lilith the Succubus) and, importantly, also include dudes. The confusion is probably not helped by the fact that yuri (百合) i.e. "comics about female homesexuality" also translates as lily i.e. the flower, which probably doesn't help the comprehension of native Japanese speakers who aren't particularly fluent in English (as Lilim written in Japanese is リリム, which starts with リリ i.e. Lily).

Of course, all speculation at the moment. I will ask eventually, but first I'll try to clear a few other items off my todo list beforehand.

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I remember asking you about this game like 1 year ago, its great to see that you return to finish the translation, thank you!

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I thinnk when it comes to translation habisain is still primarily focusing on Virgin's Protection Magic - #588

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Huh. This didn't show up on my notifications for some reason.

At the moment, yes, I'm primarily focusing on VPM, and technically, my job in real life which has been eating up a lot of time as of late. Once VPM is done I'll switch to this, and I'm fairly confident of being able to turn it around quite quickly - but that solely depends on the amount of free time I have. As I said, my job's gotten quite busy as of late, and that's slowed everything down to a near crawl.