What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ201363]Civilian Justice League 2 (民間正義会社2)

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is a partial English patch for version 1.09 of Civilian Justice League 2, a sequel to the fan-favorite first in the series. Look forward to a translated introduction (up to about the first talk show appearance), tutorial, UI, items and equipment, names, choices, and ~60 image edits including in-game adverts, news broadcasts, and other fun bits. The intro, the art, the possible scenarios: they got me so hyped I just had to share how I experienced it. I'm just sorry I can't go further with it.

Game Thread

*Installation*
To install this patch, extract the contents of the Game.rgss3a file in the game folder, rename/delete Game.rgss3a, then drop the contents of this 7zip file into the game directory.

I'd like to acknowledge Rrezz as an inspiration as I lifted some terms from his partial, such as the video vault (better than film archive as I had it) and the first few level names. Also, to the many purists out there with high expectations for image tl's: if you'd like to make your own modifications, I'd be willing to upload the base templates I used for mine but only so long as you agree to share your work with the public. Whether you want those or the raw rpgmtrans files to build off this work, all you need do is ask.

Lastly, please support the developers if you're able, so we can see more from them in the future. You can purchase it .

I hope you enjoy this patch, and the game.
(slash) v/2mWB3lFI/file.html
Pass is AnDJu5t1c3f0R4ll

Last edited:

Darkbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thank you so much! Here's hoping we'll get a full translation some day soon :3

elevown

Reputation score
Many thanks for working on this :)

I am however having trouble getting machine translation to work on this, so I can read the rest. I am using VN reader, but I am getting repeated sentences, which can be fixed but comes right back, and also it putting into text all the menus - which games don't normally insert with dilaouge, like they are in the same text stream. Not only is that very annoying and messy when trying to use menus, some menus like those in maintenance, crash the game.

So, I just wanted to ask has anyone had any luck with machine translating this game without these issues?

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thank you so much! Here's hoping we'll get a full translation some day soon :3
Glad to do my part. I'll wish for the same.

Many thanks for working on this :)
I am however having trouble getting machine translation to work on this[...]
My pleasure.

So I booted up VNR just now, and found it works flawlessly under these setting.
Text Encoding: UTF-16
(No other checkboxes enabled)
Text thread: GetGlyphOutlineW f611 UTF-16

Can you try that?

elevown

Reputation score
Thanks for the help - that did seem to cure the repetition of dialogue so far, but still getting the issue of it translating all menus. If I talk to the guy on the right in maintenance, after his dialouge I get-
PenetratorAmmoIncendiaryAmmoFlashpointAmmoCancel敵クワルに有効な特殊弾。現在の弾数は2発です。作成にはコアパーツ:緑を9個消費します。コアパーツ所持数[赤:0青:3緑:2]

Does this not happen for you? It happens with all menus, like inventory and lifts, and some of them cause it to crash. All 3 text outputs vnr sees seem to have the same menu entries go into them.
It's weird because normally menus are not in the same place as dialogue - no idea what might cause this.

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I'm glad to have inspired you. Hopefully I can inspire more people to translate Civilian Justice League 2. Maybe it'll get a full translation like Nobleman's Retort and Ariadne did.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
But yes, it IS there. I effed up with the link address at first, too. (and thought "wow, taken down in 15 minutes?! lol")
Look again! ;)

Thanks Etory !

Freddeboy166

Reputation score
Thanks alot!
...I suck at technical stuff. How do i extract the Game.rgss3a file? Z-zip and winrar doesen't work and there ends my knowledge:rolleyes:

Edit: Thanks for the answer, ironically i already found a program, about 1 min after posting the comment, "All Decrypter", worked flawlessly, no installation needed or anything. Very nice.

Last edited:

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thanks alot!
...I suck at technical stuff. How do i extract the Game.rgss3a file? Z-zip and winrar doesen't work and there ends my knowledge:rolleyes:
Press the back button on your browser and click on the Stick thread named How to apply a partial it's all explained there step by step.

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The patch is there, check the link again. Pay attention to the numbers after www.

Thanks for the patch Etory.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I needed some photoshop practice, so here's an alternative title screen you can use. Likely would have made something similar for ewn were that still happening...
The full "Civilian Justice League 2" ended up getting a bit cramped, so it's been shortened to a title with near-identical meaning. If anyone's exceptionally disappointed I'll give it another go.

Just save the pic as "tt1.png" and drop it in the [Game]\Graphics\Titles1 folder to use. Use a backup to revert back.

Kaiserkreuz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Keep getting this error message when using the partial translation but it works fine when playing the non-translated one seems my decrypted fails to get all the picture files since tried it several times. Can someone share the picture folder in their working partially translated game.

OP
Etory

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Keep getting this error message when using the partial translation but it works fine when playing the non-translated one seems my decrypted fails to get all the picture files since tried it several times. Can someone share the picture folder in their working partially translated game.
Can't seem to view your pic at all, but check your pm's.

NorzZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Anyone working on a full translation of this game?

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Care to elaborate? o_O
I've heard people speculate that ewn's patreon was shut down because of picking Civilian Juctice League 2. I was considering this game, but after that I wouldn't touch it. I think it has been licensed for Steam anyway so you'll get a DMCA notice.