What's new

[Complete - Full] Crystal Fantasy

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Yeah iv actually noticed a lot of seemingly missing sound files too.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alright... Well what exactly is the problem with the sounds? Is is sounds effects? Music? All of the above? I didnt change any of the audio for these patches.

I have been messing with the music since I saved the patch files and set them aside to post. But even then I havent changed existing music for the game... just adding new music for new maps and scenes.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is it sound effects during H-Scenes? Battles?

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Is it sound effects during H-Scenes? Battles?
Well, I can confirm that applying the patch makes -at the very least- the battle voice effects go into hiding - probably something with the scripts?

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
there are no sound effects during battle rape scenes and during actual sex scenes there is virtually no sounds as well. Idk if thats how the game is or if something went wrong in patching. Id assume thats just how it is with the game but zip above had said the patch broke it. idk

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
With every type of battle? Standard and boss battles... and boss battles with convo text in them?

It doesn't on mine and i havent changed anything that would do that. The only thing I could think of is a possibility we are using different versions of the game and something minor got over written. I'll over write my files with the ones from my hard mode patch tomorrow to re-test just in case. The hard mode patch because that's the one i assume most of you are using. Pussies ;) I'll let you know tomorrow if I find anything.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There isn't alot of sound effects in the h-scenes. There is some but it is random. Same with the voices in h-scenes. It is supposed to be that way. I'll double check the battle stuff though.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
My attempt at translating the opening text. Not sure about the 2nd line...

調和を司る神 コスモス
混沌を司る神 カ才ス
The God of harmony, Cosmos
The God of disorder, Chaos

次元のかなたに君臨する二柱の神は
数多の世界から招いた戦士たちを率いて
熾烈な戦いを繰り広げていた

The Gods who reign over multiple world <---probably wrong
led warriors from all the worlds to
fight in a fierce war.

コスモスとカオスの力は等しく...
闘争は果てしなく続く...
The power of Chaos equaled that of Cosmos...
The struggle was endless...

はずだったが...
That is until...

永劫の過去より続けられた闘争
今その均衡が破られようとしている
The eternal struggle of the past was about
to be broken because of a shift in power.

このままではカオスのカで世界は裂かれ、混沌の渦に沈む
The world that was already torn apart,
was about to sink into a whirlpool of chaos.

Last edited:
OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Very good. I do like it japanese... but I could add the english into the screens as well... as subtitles. That would look good too.

Back to the battle rape sound effect issue though. I overlaid my files with my hard mode patch and found no issues. Im wondering now if someone who installed the patch could confirm that everything is working correctly for them?

Maybe the people who are having an issue could narrow down the one file that is causing the issue. Tell me what version of the "rpg_managers.js" file came with your game. The one with the patches is rpg_managers.js v1.3.1

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If anyone else was annoyed like I was by that stupid MP recovery sound that plays every time a character attacks, copy this into your js/plugins folder and overwrite.

#!JPRWWT4b!ZUCbyvxukDK0YxY83ePS8uXZdVyGly5sLjGP0yJrcgU

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That function has been removed from both of my patches.

(- Gain MP back from attacking in battles? WTF??? Removed)

Is it still active for any of you? nnfs_gainmp was the file I modded for that. Or at least one of the files.

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The sound still played in the background every time you used attack skill...

Even though characters didn't recover MP, you could still hear that stupid sound in the background for recovering MP every freaking time you attacked a mob.
That's what I removed.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alright. The recovery sound doesn't play on mine...

Any thoughts on that? Do you have your original files backed up? If so, what version of rpg_managers.js did it come with?

trannon1

Lurker
Reputation score
Can I ask exactly how the scenes in recollection are supposed to work? For example, after clearing the caves, I have only one scene of Terra, but there are supposedly one scene before that. I have tried losing to mobs and the boss and exploring around but no scenes appear. Am I missing something?

I am asking this here instead of the main thread because I am under the assumption that this has to do with the "no more 100% success runs".

Last edited:
OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
- Run no longer 100% successful
Refers to the run command in battles no longer being 100% successful.

The first item in Re-collection is acquired when you complete the game.

Jackson16

Lurker
Reputation score
After checking around, the sounds work in the 1.0 version of the game, but not in the 1.06, guessing the patch was for the 1.0

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
With every type of battle? Standard and boss battles... and boss battles with convo text in them?

It doesn't on mine and i havent changed anything that would do that. The only thing I could think of is a possibility we are using different versions of the game and something minor got over written. I'll over write my files with the ones from my hard mode patch tomorrow to re-test just in case. The hard mode patch because that's the one i assume most of you are using. Pussies ;) I'll let you know tomorrow if I find anything.
I actually haven't played the game (yet... lol) apart from the very beginning, but -after the prologue, when you get control of the ladies in the snowy area- at the first random battle there are no exclamations from Tifa and Lightning (like: "Ohh. We are ambushed?!" or something lol) and no "I'm gonna attack the shit out of you!!" voice-overs when...attacking. Or doing any other action during battles. And such.

Which are present in the original unpatched - v1.6... Guess the same applies for h-scenes and battle raipu sound effects?

EchSeeker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After checking around, the sounds work in the 1.0 version of the game, but not in the 1.06, guessing the patch was for the 1.0
...so when the patch is applied to the 1.0 version, the voices work. but when the patch is applied to 1.06 version (which is the latest), the voices don't work? that's strange. and of course, I confirmed this by testing out zipetya's partial patch (along with kingearl's system and plugin patches) and kingearl's partial trans and hard mode patch on 1.06. the voices worked with zipetya's partial, but not kingearl's partial. I wonder what happened here.

edit: I may have found the root. the problem is with replacing the rpg_managers.js file. once that is replaced in the 1.06 version, no voices were played. leave that alone and the voices work.

Last edited: