What's new

[Complete - Full] Crystal Fantasy

Neosuduno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Could you post a full translation WITHOUT hard mode? I do not like it at all. Some people like challenges, but not me.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Neosuduno Is it really that hard for you? After 10 minutes i completely forgot that this was supposed to be a "hard" patch cause i was breezing through every fight without any problems. There were of course some moments where i had to stop and think about when to heal etc but it's still nothing. From the top of my head i can point you to a couple of harder H-games out there.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry, no I won't be wasting my free time reverting all my files to cancel out all the changes I've made that make the game more entertaining and less pointless. Can you do it yourself? The files that have been changed are listed in the readme. Compare them to the original game files and change the differences back.

My expansion on the game will add a crap ton of content and will ONLY be in expert mode. It's taken more then enough of my spare time translating a full RPG... then modding it to be more playable for real gamers... Twice.

I'm not in the best mood right now for unrelated reasons... but ya, please dont bother asking me that question anymore.

besggk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry, no I won't be wasting my free time reverting all my files to cancel out all the changes I've made that make the game more entertaining and less pointless. Can you do it yourself? The files that have been changed are listed in the readme. Compare them to the original game files and change the differences back.

My expansion on the game will add a crap ton of content and will ONLY be in expert mode. It's taken more then enough of my spare time translating a full RPG... then modding it to be more playable for real gamers... Twice.

I'm not in the best mood right now for unrelated reasons... but ya, please dont bother asking me that question anymore.
Hello and thanks for the translation! If you don't mind me asking what would the expansion contain. Thanks!

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Your welcome. Thanks for saying so. Sure, these are the details... though I wont go any further into details for spoiler sake:

Changes
-------
- Translate last option and game intro screen flashes to english
- Dozens of glitches and game issues fixed
- Wedge, Biggs now soldier sprites
- World drop points from Cosmos's base now exitable along all borders
- Trees in "Moore's Great Forest" no longer walk through
- Some soldiers in "South Figaro" walk around
- FF4, FF5 and FF6 world maps expanded
- FF6 "Tower of Fanatics" full screen width at base
- All boss areas that have been completed are now accessible after completion (instead of being forced back to where you came from)
- Locked and unusable doors in towns now accessible
- Some unused game maps from original game files now utilized

Add-ons
-------
- Interactions with Moogles and Chocobos
- When each world is completed a new hidden area is unlocked in that world (map expansion, dungeons, towns)
- A new story driven Final Fantasy NPC integrated into the game
- Eight (to twelve) new nostalgic bosses
- One major story objective
- Original Final Fantasy musical scores added to all new locations
- One completely new world added

When it's done I would like to post a link to it for real final fantasy fans to add the content... though I am not 100% sure yet that I will do that.

besggk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Your welcome. Thanks for saying so. Sure, these are the details... though I wont go any further into details for spoiler sake:

Changes
-------
- Translate last option and game intro screen flashes to english
- Dozens of glitches and game issues fixed
- Wedge, Biggs now soldier sprites
- World drop points from Cosmos's base now exitable along all borders
- Trees in "Moore's Great Forest" no longer walk through
- Some soldiers in "South Figaro" walk around
- FF4, FF5 and FF6 world maps expanded
- FF6 "Tower of Fanatics" full screen width at base
- All boss areas that have been completed are now accessible after completion (instead of being forced back to where you came from)
- Locked and unusable doors in towns now accessible
- Some unused game maps from original game files now utilized

Add-ons
-------
- Interactions with Moogles and Chocobos
- When each world is completed a new hidden area is unlocked in that world (map expansion, dungeons, towns)
- A new story driven Final Fantasy NPC integrated into the game
- Eight (to twelve) new nostalgic bosses
- One major story objective
- Original Final Fantasy musical scores added to all new locations
- One completely new world added

When it's done I would like to post a link to it for real final fantasy fans to add the content... though I am not 100% sure yet that I will do that.
Fantastic! Goodluck and thanks!

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
How do you apply this patch/translation ? Version that i have only includes exe file fro game. So there nothing to replace with files in patch.
I tried putting patch files in same folder as exe of gmae but that dosen't work.
I think this should have been put on the first page but I believe what I did was use that virtual packages extractor from the link to get the data folders and all that in a folder called www put that in the game folder merge the patch with that folder and then use EnigmaVBUnpacker to get a 44 mb exe that will be the translated game. It should have placed the exe in a folder callled %DEFAULT FOLDER%

Virtual package extractor gave no exe despite that link saying enigmavbunpacker doesn't work.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I think this should have been put on the first page but I believe what I did was use that virtual packages extractor from the link to get the data folders and all that in a folder called www put that in the game folder merge the patch with that folder and then use EnigmaVBUnpacker to get a 44 mb exe that will be the translated game. It should have placed the exe in a folder callled %DEFAULT FOLDER%

Virtual package extractor gave no exe despite that link saying enigmavbunpacker doesn't work.
Sweet merciful! What is this nonsense! :)

I can assure you, both EnigmaVBUnpacker_v0.41a and Virtual Packages Extractor_v1.1 work as intended and without a hitch; just read the instructions in the OP over at libellule's thread...
Well, the only other thing you need to watch out for (and not mentioned there), is to run the game in Japanese locale if you want to use the Virtual Packages Extractor - else it will skip the files with Japanese characters in it during the extraction process...

With EnigmaVBU it's just as easy as drag&dropping the big unboxed .exe -in this case 'CRYSTAL FANTASYver1.6.exe' into EngmaVBUnpacker's box, and wham! in a few seconds, you've got the unboxed (extracted) game in '%DEFAULT FOLDER%'. Which you then need to rename, though. And that's it!

el0d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for the translation.

I am using the Hard Mode but I can only save at the crystals, even though that's supposed to be only for Expert Mode.
If possible I'd like to be able to save anywhere. Could you please look into the issue?

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for the translation.

I am using the Hard Mode but I can only save at the crystals, even though that's supposed to be only for Expert Mode.
If possible I'd like to be able to save anywhere. Could you please look into the issue?
Ok... from my end it looks as if you are correct. I'm kinda surprised nobody mentioned that until now. The patches have again been updated. They both also now have the last option in the options menu in english. The problem is if you apply the new patches and try to continue using the same save game files (just in hard mode) you wont be able to save EVER. Its not easy to explain but there is no work around for this. You'll have to start a new game... again. Sorry for the inconvenience. If your close to finishing the game I would recommend not updating the patch until your finished.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Further more I would like to quickly explain that issues like this pop up because there are so many files that have been changed from the original game that I forget when I update something that the changes may not be compatible with both versions of the patches. There are multiple changes in some files on one patch and single changes in the same files on the other patch. It's kinda confusing and annoying. Thanks for your patience... but it's reasons like this why I wont continue to support the hard mode patch into the future with my add-on content.

drakanth

Reputation score
Any idea on this error?

Error: Failed to load: img/titles1/%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB.png
Function.ImageManager.isReady (rpg_managers.js:900:19)
Scene_Title.Scene_Base.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:33:25)
Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1832:48)
Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1799:18)
Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1723:14)

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ya, hard and expert modes dont save the same way.

Updated hard mode again just now. Apply it if you want to. On your save file, go to any "save crystal" and it will fix the problem instantly. You will now be able to save anywhere in the game.

glassofwater

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Save

Gold:800k
99 blue and red, crystals and fragments
99 megaelixers
charm bangle (1/2 encounter rate)
suicide and temptation skills
and "improvement" item( can add or subtract levels)

let me know if i uploaded the right save.

edit:

you might need to overwrite an existing save to get the file to show up.

Last edited:

drakanth

Reputation score
Not sure why the text was hidden last time but I get this error:

Error: Failed to load: img/titles1/%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB.png

Function.ImageManager.isReady (rpg_managers.js:900:19)

Scene_Title.Scene_Base.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:33:25)

Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:1832:48)

Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1799:18)

Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1723:14)

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
somehow there are no sprite of female chara on combat screen. is this normal?

also the h scene turn black when it zoom out.

Last edited:
OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
drakanth - are you still having an issue? Is it during the title screen? Did you try both patches? Which one?

markyansuki - you dont see the heroes on the battle screens? No animations at all? Just their voices? Which patch, hard or expert? try an un-altered game (original files) and see if this is still the case.

The H-scenes going black sometimes is normal. happens around 20 percent of the time for me.

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
drakanth - are you still having an issue? Is it during the title screen? Did you try both patches? Which one?

markyansuki - you dont see the heroes on the battle screens? No animations at all? Just their voices? Which patch, hard or expert? try an un-altered game (original files) and see if this is still the case.

The H-scenes going black sometimes is normal. happens around 20 percent of the time for me.
im using hard patch, i tried the unaltered game and the problem are still there.

i tried running it on xp compatibility and the problem was solve, but the game run very slow too.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
thanks for letting me know. sorry i wont be able to help with that. good luck

though in the back of my mind im wondering if you extracted the largest option from the exe. just a thought.

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
thanks for letting me know. sorry i wont be able to help with that. good luck

though in the back of my mind im wondering if you extracted the largest option from the exe. just a thought.
what do you mean largest option? i downloaded 1.6v with 1.4gb size.