What's new

Automated text string replacer tool for translated lines??

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I need a tool that searches the game files and replaces japanese strings with the translated ones.
I already have the japanese and translated lines ordered in a text file and could easily format into a .xml or whatever format if need be.

Does anyone know of a tool like that?

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Depends what engine your game uses.

OP
D

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Isn't there a generic one? Just replace from a dictionary the exact string text? Like I said I have things setup so that I can create a dictionary from scratch easily.

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It's like saying that all games use one engine and the same coding. But they don't, and thus you need either to know what engine game uses, most relevant of them here being RPG Maker and Wolf RPG, or make such tools yourself to open game archives, rip and insert text back in case if it's some engine that don't have them.

OP
D

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's like saying that all games use one engine and the same coding. But they don't, and thus you need either to know what engine game uses, most relevant of them here being RPG Maker and Wolf RPG, or make such tools yourself to open game archives, rip and insert text back in case if it's some engine that don't have them.
I already depacked the files,that is not the problem, the engine is kirikiri2 if you must know.
I just need a way to replace the japanese strings in the files with the translated ones.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I already depacked the files,that is not the problem, the engine is kirikiri2 if you must know.
I just need a way to replace the japanese strings in the files with the translated ones.
You're going to need a program which can parse kirikiri2 files (which I think are a dialect of XML once they've been extracted from the XP3 file, but could be wrong), extract the strings, translate them and then insert the translated strings. The first and last steps are specific to Kirikiri2, so there's not going to be a generic tool which does the entire thing for any game engine.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that no such tool exists presently, so I think you either have to make/commission your own or... well, give up. I don't think there's any other way of putting it.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm pretty certain he's already got the extractor/inserter. I think he's wondering if there's something that can do bulk translations....

although maybe you're right and he's also asking about specifically replacing the text inside the XML?

Last edited:
OP
D

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
nd then insert the translated strings.
Here is precisely where my problem is. I already have the japanese string and translated line but I need a tool that looks through the files and actually inserts it where it finds a match.

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score
the engine is kirikiri2 if you must know.
Yes, you must know, because different engine have different approaches, if any. In case of Kirikiri it's quite simple: you can use , make script, drag newgame.ks into browser, and once it done you open newgame.ks with text editor and paste there translated content from browser. I tested it few times myself and it worked.

For example:
In case of Firefox you need to install Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey first (and it doesn't work with Greasemonkey).

Last edited:
OP
D

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yes! Something like that!