What's new

I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

Acac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

Dude, that attack animation is really, really good! :)

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The way she put her tail between her legs to cover for any peeks while she's crouching is so cute! :D

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Evening friends!

I thought I'd make a progress update to let you all know what's happening vis a vis the game, and I'm pleased to say a lot of progress has been made!

I've not got too much to show you guys in terms of animations or content like that, because this past month I've been learning how to code the game itself! I'm using the Game Maker Standard edition and using the coding system they utilize to create the game.

If you're familiar with GM at all you'll know that you can choose between writing the code yourself and using pre-coded blocks to build the game's functionality, but I decided to go the code route so I could have more control over the variables of the system and am learning the main facets of coding as a very cool bonus! With the help of a lot of tutorials I've really, really grown to enjoy the game making aspect of this process, and I hope that will translate into the quality of the game xD

So far, the player can walk, jump, crouch, punch, kick, hang from ledges and (until I get the climbing animation set) jump up to them, or drop down based on key presses.
There is also a very basic 'goomba' type enemy slowly moving back and forth in my test level who reacts to your attacks, jumping back and away from the player, and on top of that I've also implemented the GUI to an extent, with the main health and stamina bars hooked up and working!
Most recently, this morning in fact, I finished off the animation and coding for the 'struggle' mechanic which I'm sure everyone's familiar with (you know, tap < and > repeatedly to get up)

Oh and on that subject I've also worked out the code for enemies knocking the player down and triggering that 'get up!' state!

---

So, TL;DR I've made a lot of progress when it comes to -actually- making the game rather than just designing assets, and for the space of time in which I've done so I'm very pumped about what I can accomplish in the future!

Assets have been designed too of course; in fact a lot of the day has been spent working out how to sync background tiles pixel perfect and making little adjustments accordingly, but it's getting there!

My hope is that once I've gotten enough assets and basics watertight in the next few weeks, I'll be able to upload a test level for you all to have a go with! Constructive criticism very much welcome for it when it happens of course ^^

Just to make it so this post isn't entirely text, here's a NSFW animation I've been working on for an enemy I plan to include in the test demo, along with a (feral) dog; enjoy!

One last thing, I made a blogspot about the game that I've not updated since making it, mostly because I wanted to get the info out on here primarily, but considering the progress on the game I think I might start putting updates on there too!

Here it is, if anyone's interested:

check it out, company name and everything :p

have a good day everyone!

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Evening friends!

I thought I'd make a progress update to let you all know what's happening vis a vis the game, and I'm pleased to say a lot of progress has been made!
Huzzah!

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

I'll be hoping for some sort of breeding but either way shall waited with baited breath.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

bated breath ;)

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm, looks interesting.

You might want to change image hosts, most of them aren't showing - looks like the site is 403/blocking ulmf.

By the way, why do the gas mask mooks remind of the security force of a certain space plasma research station?

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

Season's greetings and all that; as a pseudo Christmas present I've made a proof of concept of the Game Over CG you can expect to see in the game, only the final product will (hopefully) be of a better quality:

I've only recently picked up the pen (lol) again and started to get my drawing instincts back, so I'm hoping that with more practice I'll be able to make something of a better standard; as you can imagine though there are a lot of different things to master while making a game by your lonesome!

Enjoy, and once again Merry...what ever it is you celebrate!

Last edited:

Mr.Walrus

Reputation score

Looks really interesting so far, and I'm liking the animations even when they're still just WIPs!

I can't see the animations here on the posts though, but through the FA link in the blog worked.

Best of luck with the project!

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I have found a software which may help you to do animation easier, its called "spriter" and it is free (There is a Pro version on steam, but you can go through the page to its homepage to grab the free version).

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have found a software which may help you to do animation easier, its called "spriter" and it is free (There is a Pro version on steam, but you can go through the page to its homepage to grab the free version).
spriter isnt especially good for pixel art. its more like a bone animation thing... itd be a shame to see these excellent pixel abilities go to waste

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

spriter isnt especially good for pixel art. its more like a bone animation thing... itd be a shame to see these excellent pixel abilities go to waste
Well to be fair you can always to make blank animation strips and cover the blank body with character and shades afterwards.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Wow... this is definitely something worth following. I can't wait to see how this turn out.

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks really interesting so far, and I'm liking the animations even when they're still just WIPs!

I can't see the animations here on the posts though, but through the FA link in the blog worked.

Best of luck with the project!
Thanks very much for the support Mr Walrus!
I'm not too sure what's up with the animations, as I can see them all clearly when I take a look, but I'll certainly try and clear up the problem; if anyone has any ideas themselves let me know!

Thanks Saviliana, I took a look at 'Spriter' as you suggested and it certainly looks like an interesting program; would probably be something I'd consider for another game though, what with the way you construct them there; certainly cool but the modular method gives a bit less flexibility when it comes to the kind of thing I want to do.

Really appreciate the suggestion though, will keep it in mind for another project!

Wow... this is definitely something worth following. I can't wait to see how this turn out.
Thanks TWGWWH! Really glad you like it so far, hope I don't disappoint!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Another update for everyone, just to show I'm still plugging along happily!

I have a couple of images for your perusal, the first being the line-work for a story scene, and the other being a preview of another game over CG i've been working on, which will feature in the demo!

Enjoy, more updates of sprite stuff soon!

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I can't see any picture you have posted except for those in the first post :confused:

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well then, I'm not a major fan of furry contents (I do like a thing or two), but this is just wow... It might be the third thing :p
Echoing Mistix. Definitely looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just from the animations, I'm already hooked~