What's new

I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

I suppose I could try to pass it off as purposeful irony that I took so long to respond on here? Maybe? xD

Just wanted to let everyone know, everything's fine now but I got knocked back a little bit in development the other day when I uh... think I forced my PC to shut off during an update when I was half asleep and it destroyed the boot process, had to reinstall windows from a boot flash drive and wipe my hard drive completely in the process; luckily all of my game data is backed up 3 times (6 now!) and, though I lost about a week/half a week's work in the game maker file, all the animations were secure and up to date so thank god I don't have too much catching up to do, but of course it's going to mean a bit more silence while I make up the lost work and carry on!

My plan, to make the whole thing more substantial on the whole, is to implement another enemy to bring the total to two in the level; the feral Dog enemy and the Anthro Rat Subway Worker Dude, tentatively titled.

Apologies for the wait and everything, I hope I can work to make it worth it!

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

That must be really frustrating, good thing you had some backups of your sprites.

Waiting for that Anthro Rat Subway Worker Dude.

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh Shit, we're back are we? Nice one, whoever fixed that!

Though this new slick format is worrying my HTML 2.0 sensibilities xD

Anyways! I've been gone for a while even apart from the outage, and I wanted to show off some of the progress I've made including the semi-finished Anthro Rat Subway Worker Dude animation, getting in at 136 frames (that was a tough couple of weeks xD), but I've been trying to upload my .gif animations to my personal gallery and it appears the site can't support them anymore :(

Which is weird, considering it says it can, but not matter what files I try to upload so I can link them in my forum posts, it simply won't let me; this might present a problem if the site doesn't allow for .gifs at all anymore, as they're the only ones that support animation that I know of, unless I load up a .swf version that would take up a huge chunk of space comparatively.

So that sucks; it appears none of the pictures in my gallery made it through the outage either sadly, so none of my previous image posts are now applicable aside from the ones that link to FA.

In light of these problems I figure the best thing I can do for everyone that wants to see the new stuff is get on with implementing it into the game ASAP and posting up a link to that version when I'm happy with it! This will take a little while unfortunately, but hopefully not as long as it's taken me to finish off all the animations for the new enemy; if anyone has any suggestions about the images I'd be very grateful, I like showing stuff off here and it'd be a shame to only be able to do so in links now!

And also I hope this doesn't come off as a complaint at the folks who run the site, I'm very glad it's back up and hopefully these problems can be ironed out at some point ^^

See y'all soon!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey everyone!

I'm not dead, again!

And to prove that...

BAM.

New Demo.

Lemme know what you guys think!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey everyone!

I'm not dead, again!

And to prove that...

BAM.

New Demo.

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey everyone!

I'm not dead, again!

And to prove that...

BAM.

New Demo.

Mr.Walrus

Reputation score
That's pretty good progress! Actual menus and hints, and I really like the effect of the added lighting. Still excited to see how this plays out in a more complete state!

I couldn't figure out how to jump off from the rope to reach the upper floor to say hello to the rat guy though.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Great start, lighting fx are nice and all, but somehow movement is even worse now. The jumps are completely terrible with height, your character falls even faster now, and moving the character back and forth seems like a chore now.

Also the restart doesn't put you back at the beginning and once you jump from the rope you can't move left or right.

Last edited:

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
yes, i cant get off the rope and jump to the left, she ONLY let go and falls as soon as i press space EVEN when im pressen shift left and space or only left and space
cant reach the upper floor......

edit: finaly got it to work, JEEZ the jumping is frustating..i onyl got it to work by jumping right...when i was trying to jump left she just falls down

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Dunno what's up with the jumping, but it's quite hard to control and barely gives any airtime. You should look into that.
Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Mr.Walrus

Reputation score
Climb up to about the mid-point, then hold shift and left when you jump, seemed to work for me. Meeting rat dude is worth it, btw.
Thanks, that helped! Tried again holding left while climbing and then I could jump off the rope to the upper floor.

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Just had a quick look. Game has a lot of potential. If the already mentioned bugs are fixed and more content is added i have a good feeling this might be a real jewel. :)

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey everyone!

I'd quote everybody that said about the movement but... yeah I think we can all agree it was shit without me having to say so :p

I was messing about with a momentum system with that and hadn't (still haven't) figured out the kinks; hopefully this next version will be more fun:

not much in the way of new-ness, but hopefully those jumping issues and the rope and everything are a bit easier to handle now, as well as more stable enemies I think!

jumping while at 0 momentum is still a problem that I'll be working on tonight though; I really appreciate everyone giving their feedback on it, hopefully I can hammer out all these teething problems soon enough!

I'm just waiting for the lesbian dog girl enemy.
Lesbian dog girl enemy eh? Give me some interesting things she could do and I might just consider it ;)

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Lesbian dog girl enemy eh? Give me some interesting things she could do and I might just consider it ;)
Sloppy making out , licking the protagonist pussy with her flat tongue, anal eating but after she sniffs the main character's ass first.

Last edited:

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
No no no she should force the protagonist to go down on HER. This is what happens when guys try to come up with female dom! ;)