What's new

I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Sloppy making out , licking the protagonist pussy with her flat tongue, anal eating but after she sniffs the main character's ass first.

I remember that first picture! That was one of the first images I ever saw of a Furry persuasion ^^

Thanks for the suggestions and the references man, I like the police woman idea actually, I'll have to try and incorporate that somehow...

Aand to Captainstarfish, you're right actually xD I thought they meant feral, I think because I refer to the feral one as the dog in coding; she will be the next enemy to get some work done on her once I've put this version out more publically, just want to quash all the bugs I can before I think I can call it an alpha of sorts ^^ or at least a proof of concept!

And KiWolfGirl, patience ;)

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Looking pretty solid from the GIFs I saw. Seems like you're really investing yourself into this. Keep up the good work!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Looking pretty solid from the GIFs I saw. Seems like you're really investing yourself into this. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Very much appreciated, I do hope this pays off but I think I'd be doing it regardless xD

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey everyone!

I've got a link and a question, in that order:

That is what I'm tentatively calling the 'alpha' or 'proof of concept', it's a bug riddled mess currently and I'm working on all the kinks people on FA pointed out, but I wanted to ask anyone who knows about game maker or just game mak-ing (haha) in general; a lot of people seem to be getting problems with this link, with their anti-virus software flagging it up and making it impossible to run!

I'd like to ask if anyone was kind enough and had the time to see if they experienced the same problem, or if anyone has ideas/experience in solving this kind of issue what I could do to remedy this?

I'm assuming it's because the game is just a .exe file in a compressed folder, which would look pretty suspect under most circumstances, but at the same time I've played others' games on here and around and I don't think my AV has really bothered with any of them; is there something I'm missing here? Or perhaps I should say to people to try adding it to an exceptions list, but then I don't want to make more work for people who are trying this out and, agh xD

I guess this is the kind of thing that occurs when you sprint into this sort of thing without prior experience!

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I didn't have a problem downloading the file. My av didn't warn me either. I suppose sometimes av can be very paranoid. So, maybe you can advise the players to disable their av just for a minute or use it blacklist, I don't know. (?)

Maybe you can try adding proper identification data for the file itself. Btw, sometimes I had a crash with an object called Light_Controller.

Even so, nice graphics, its really taking good form :D

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Didn't have a problem downloading and unpacking it. The moment I tried to open it? Avast ate it.
I think it might be because you have it packed as a single .exe file. Have you tried exporting as a ZIP with the multiple files in it instead? From what I know, the single file .exe pack tends to trigger antiviruses

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Not sure what everyone else did, because it ran just fine for me.
Also, gonna post the following just in case you're interested in feedback. Pretty sure none of this will be new, but I didn't want to assume either and just keep my mouth shut. If nothing else, take this as a sign someone actually played your demo and was paying attention to it. :p

Bug Zone:
* Re-entering the main area results in the intro box popping up again. Might wanna set a flag for that wherein if seen set true, if true, don't show again kinda dealio.
* Most notable bug imo is that if the dog pins you while you're down and goes ironically enough for doggy position, it doesn't work correctly. The dog will teleport to the right upon you breaking free, it starts over from ejaculation ending otherwise, and your lust actually slowly goes down, not up, despite being boned repeatedly. Additionally, the animation cycle rapidly tries to finish. Most easily testable by pressing Q near a dog and hoping it doesn't b-line for the crotch lick scene instead.
* Jumping in general needs to be refined. They're barely hops, and jumping while running is like trying to play flappy bird with a stone and a max of two crappy flaps.
* Enemies can grab you (mostly the dogs), even if you're not within range and initiate an H maneuver. I've had moments while jumping on the light fixture wherein I'm teleported down by a dog that's initiated an H maneuver.
* Enemies can grapple you the instant a grapple has ended which is annoying...
* The stamina bar seems to run out a bit too quickly, and sometimes even runs out before it hits full zero. If you've recovered recently and immediately began running and jumping, I've noticed plenty of blue in the bar still but it'll crap out regardless.
* When I punched the caution sign by the pit, it produced multiple objects..?
* I was able to realign a dog by crouch kicking it to the right wherein it's new path was the same but massively to the right. This kind of alignment issue could turn into a game breaking bug, and could really mess stuff up for you later on.
* To mention this more directly, while crawling through a vent, a dog was able to h maneuver my character. While not an outright issue in the long run, that's only if you intend for them to follow you into the vents (which I'm all for). However, in this instance it bugged things out a bit and started a crotch licking maneuver from a crawling maneuver and allowed me to momentarily walk and attack in the crawlspace. Additionally, now there's a floating dead dog in the crawl space.

Suggestion Zone:
* Focus on gameplay first, refine what you have, maybe make just a general test area before defining the map. For the dogs I might suggest the lunging pin be a first entry fix. The pin currently doesn't usually do anything, and instead of initiating a proper tackle to sex animation, b-lines straight for crotch licking when it does work. I'd suggest potentially doubling or at least adding 50% more to the distance of the lunge as well.

* Will it be possible to H maneuver downed enemies?
* Will there be more boob exposure?
* Will the shower ever do anything? If so mind the door to shower "action" hit box or you'll accidentally kick people out.

P.S. Out of curiosity, are you the one doing all the spritework? A part of me was curious to see if I could poke at a sprite or two. I'm not aiming to do much but I'm the sort who likes poking around with other people's sprites and sometimes posting suggestions on spritework as well.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I DLed it, unpacked it, tried to run it, Virus alert went off, I said make exception, but it still says "Virus detected" and won't let me run it :(
Can you say what the big differences between this and the 11/23 build are?

Last edited:

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I DLed it, unpacked it, tried to run it, Virus alert went off, I said make exception, but it still says "Virus detected" and won't let me run it :(
Can you say what the big differences between this and the 11/23 build are?
Enemies can now be killed from what I could tell, rather than just infinitely rebounding. The dead end at the far right was ever so slightly expanded upon, some of the stuff I listed off in my post, some slight cleaning up and a few general improvements, and jumping off of rope is no longer a nightmare... I think that was about it..?

Odd that so many people can't run it. Might I suggest momentarily turning your anti-virus off? Most have a 1 hour cooker timer on them just in case someone really trusts a developer and needs to run something that otherwise fails the pass. You can also submit a false positive report sometimes to try and help them narrow down good versus bad applications and overall add to their program efficiency.

Sometimes it's sadly down to "did you use this particular dll when packaging your product? If yes, then auto-virus assumption." Anti-viruses can either be very analytical and actually break down coding on executables to some margin or look for run-time activities, whereas some are dumb and can do something as stupid as "oh, it's a zip archive, instant delete it and don't notify the user without even looking at the contents." Some anti-viruses can have false positives, and some anti-viruses 'are' false positives. While working as a security technician, I noticed that the rules and guidelines that determine if something is a virus could also be applied to both Apple and Microsoft's operating systems, as well as most commercial anti-virus programs. Kinda creepy when you think about it...

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
I had to open and extract mine with 7zip for it to actually run, otherwise it just deletes itself. I made sure to turn off my AVG and everything and I'm pretty certain that it just deletes itself for no reason.

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I had to open and extract mine with 7zip for it to actually run, otherwise it just deletes itself. I made sure to turn off my AVG and everything and I'm pretty certain that it just deletes itself for no reason.
AVG and Avast are both known last I checked as of probably sometime in 2014 to not really listen to a lot of their own system functions. Even if they're off, they've been known to still be on in secret - so I'd check the quarantine folder or activity log. I was able to download, open the rar file, and use it just fine with no self deletion or obscure activity aside. Can everyone else post what anti-virus they're using? Avast and AVG are on here so far, I've used Malwarebytes and Windows Defender while poking around at this. Going to guess one of you has ESET or Norton..? Honestly been hard to find a good reliable antivirus since around 2015...

I should probably note as well, I couldn't even fully run some Steam games with Avast about two years ago, and that was with it on full shutdown. It wasn't until I uninstalled it that I was able to multiplayer on those games, Borderlands and L4D2 being on that list.Some of the firewall settings and executables are borderline viruses themselves - they don't need the main program running or initialized to impact your system... It can be a good thing, if you don't do much with your computer...

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
AVG and Avast are both known last I checked as of probably sometime in 2014 to not really listen to a lot of their own system functions. Even if they're off, they've been known to still be on in secret - so I'd check the quarantine folder or activity log. I was able to download, open the rar file, and use it just fine with no self deletion or obscure activity aside. Can everyone else post what anti-virus they're using? Avast and AVG are on here so far, I've used Malwarebytes and Windows Defender while poking around at this. Going to guess one of you has ESET or Norton..? Honestly been hard to find a good reliable antivirus since around 2015...

I should probably note as well, I couldn't even fully run some Steam games with Avast about two years ago, and that was with it on full shutdown. It wasn't until I uninstalled it that I was able to multiplayer on those games, Borderlands and L4D2 being on that list.Some of the firewall settings and executables are borderline viruses themselves - they don't need the main program running or initialized to impact your system... It can be a good thing, if you don't do much with your computer...
Well the thing is once I unpacked the downloaded exe file and unzipped it like a zip or rar file, I started the executable and the game ran.

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well the thing is once I unpacked the downloaded exe file and unzipped it like a zip or rar file, I started the executable and the game ran.
Oh, I see what you mean. I didn't even realize the EXE was a package, normally that part is encrypted... Hmm...
Hey, hope I don't step on any toes, but if anyone had issues with the file before, try the package I'm making now. I doubt it, but it might be the key here depending on what each antivirus is looking at...

Edit: I'm gonna just remove this old out dated link now, yeah~?

Last edited:
OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh, I see what you mean. I didn't even realize the EXE was a package, normally that part is encrypted... Hmm...
Hey, hope I don't step on any toes, but if anyone had issues with the file before, try the package I'm making now. I doubt it, but it might be the key here depending on what each antivirus is looking at...

Edit: Yeah, must be a false positive because it's encapsulated. A lot of anti-viruses don't like even trying to examine compressed architectures, especially if they're disguised as executables and can run like executables. That's just bad coding antivirus wise. Alright, I guess I'll leave this link up for anyone interested in trying it out. :confused:

Thanks so much for trying out some stuff dude, I really appreciate it! And you're right completely yeah the problem seemed to be that I was sending out everything as this encapsulated .exe rather than a compressed package; I suppose that shows my inexperience really, I saw I could export it as a single application and thought 'ooh, that'll save on clutter!' without realizing the error of my ways xD Won't be making that mistake again!

However, I've now got a new version up that has so far seemed to be working for people whom it triggered alerts for before; it's now packaged with the data for the game seperately after I found that to be an option in game maker, so it shouldn't (with luck) have those issues; furthermore, for any that did make it to being able to play it, the errors in the previous version have now been straightened out a bit more; the enemies were the most evidently game breaking so I've make some changes and fixes, and for the purposes of testing I've left the hitboxes visible this time; by the next version they'll be back to invisible but I thought it best for the moment when things still aren't 100% stable.

Similarly there are still a couple of game-breakers I can't seem to squash, most notably ones that occur when you try and start the game (Light_Controller issues with that) or a bug that I've hopefully fixed involving when the Rat enemy begins an animation of his; oh and unfortunately I haven't tackled the whole 'welcome to the game' text box repeating itself every time you walk in and out of a room yet I'm afraid. The knowledge I'd need to tackle that effectively is, I believe anyway, in the same ballpark as learning about how save systems work and how that data is stored and written; this is something I want to add in next to give some purpose to the safe room (you'll be able to save the game when you lie on the bed, you see) but from what I've seen I'm going to have to spend a few days getting to grips with the way it's done before I'll feel confident enough to begin implementing it.

Anyway though, without further ado:

Hope that works for everyone! As usual anything you spot or want to suggest or anything like that, I'd love to hear your feedback ^^

----

Oh one last thing too, I have a patreon now for the game's development:

I realise it's a little premature to be putting it up now but I honestly don't expect people to want to help out until I have more concrete stuff down; I just wanted to mention it now that I've made it so that I can say I have done and get back to work!

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh no worries really, that should have occurred to me sooner, frankly speaking half the thread beat me to the punch on the theory - I just rendered the link and ran a one-off test. Had I been a bit less of a blur I'd have noticed it a heck of a lot sooner, I assure you (That's a fairly common issue, in all honesty.). Really it's a major fault with most security companies this day, a quick fix presumption that wouldn't really fit the bill in most any other profession by its margin short of perhaps a janitorial position. The whole "slap a bandage on it" maneuver~

If I'm not mistaken you should be able to set an immediate flag value within the game to fix the introduction dialogue box. Really it can be almost anything, you just create a sum and a checksum to determine if it should play. Once it loads, either add value, or set value to a boolean or something of that margin and then check for equal to or greater than (≥). If you can establish hit points, you should be able to establish something of this margin. For example, you could create a Boolean "Introduced" with a value of True or False. When you first load up the map that value would be checked, and would ring in as "False." As a result, it would then proceed to call the dialogue and display it. Otherwise, you'd establish if it checks and see the value to be "True", it would presume to either auto skip the dialogue (simpler but buggier method), or it would presume to not load it at all. All of this needs to be programmed, as it won't natively presume any of it, but it shouldn't require a save log tier fix. A save log would simply be a more permanent fix, wherein you wouldn't need to deal with it - even when closing out the application and running it again, or when starting a new game.

Make sense?

Just in case, here's some quotes from Barrey when I mentioned it to him...
* "Make a global list/array of booleans and refer to it in the conversation engine"
* Basically, the idea is: "get one list/array that can be accessed from anywhere"
* It can be done in a multitude of ways (okay, I can only think of like, two right now).
** Having a persistent container object that holds the array, or having a global variable that holds the array.
** There's the variation where a list or a map is used instead of an array, but that's more on the functionality side.
* Other than that? Yeah, every part is up to whoever has to implement it

Last edited:

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
The control of your character feels a lot smoother than it did before, good job.
As for the intro dialogue, you should be able to code a flag in the dialogue that tells the game that it doesn't need to play the message anymore once it's already been played once.

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The control of your character feels a lot smoother than it did before, good job.
As for the intro dialogue, you should be able to code a flag in the dialogue that tells the game that it doesn't need to play the message anymore once it's already been played once.
Thanks Weird Guy! xD

Yeah it should be a pretty simple fix shouldn't it; I honestly just started hitting F whenever it showed up when I started the level and it faded from my mind as something to fix! I'd attempted something of a similar nature to what you suggest on it but I think I made it dependent on variables which themselves reset with the room, and I'm still on the fence about whether to make rooms a persistent thing or essentially just restarting the level from a different position whenever you enter back into it, you know? If I did make it persistent I'd then need to learn about what's involved in the doing of that and such, not encountered that area yet in my learning!

But that is one of the features I want to have in the next big update, sorting all of that out and also giving a couple more rooms and area transition sorta things, so it'll be a great time to get that all down now that the movement and enemy AI is... passable, at least! I'm familiar enough with how it works programming wise now to be able to refine it at will at least, which is a good enough point to start focusing on other areas until I come back and sure it up with a new enemy!

===

I wanted to ask everyone a question too, O fellow forum-goers; at what point do you think I should consider making a post on the main 'Hentai Games' part of the forum? I'd like to do so at some point, and I mean a lot of those aren't finished games at all but contain some content to look at, but I don't know if what I've got thus far really constitutes enough to start making a fuss about it over there?

Most probably I'll try and wait until another larger update, like more of the level or another enemy or two added in, but... well in all honesty I'm excited, I wanna show people what I've been up to xD

But that's why I wanted to ask you guys, your advice has never failed me before!