What's new

[Unity] Trial of the Erect Sword, Incubus' Thrall

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: [GameMaker Studio 2] Sidescroller H-Game

There is no valid answer to that question. It's similar to hollywood deals between producers and actors. The contractor creates an offer with the actor, which either means the actor has an asking price or the contractor lays down an offer. And the payment can either be a single sum for the whole job or incremental payments for each voice line that might also vary in price depending on the length. This is similar to how Overwatch does it, each voice line recorded is money in the VA's pocket, with a signed deal that they will make themselves available for future recordings when the need arises.

The value the VA earns can vary vastly, depending on their quality, reknown, and the scope of the project. Therefore there is no normal rate, unless you'd want to fish the average between what every VA in the world makes, and that would be a terrible source of reference as the results can easily be skewed one way or the other, between Triple A VA's and indie VA's like the Singer from Transistor or the narrator from Bastion.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fair point, as I didn't state that I was asking about h-game VA which I should have.

I'd think the market would work the same way as commissioned art in that regard, as in that one could expect to pay within a certain price range given what level of skill they were looking for.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's a safe bet for now to say that I won't have the budget in the future to add VA to my game.

While my game document is still being fleshed out, I was working on a couple costume designs I want to add to my character. The game is planned to feature different costumes (depending on the appropriateness to story and environment) and costume break phases. This is kinda hard to think over because I'm sure everyone has different tastes when it comes to "what" the character wears when their costume deteriorates.

This is a "snow" outfit I quickly thought over. The gif shows the progress of costume break I imagined for it. My current system plan for costumes is to make them prevent enemy attempt to grab her and have sex, until the costume breaks two times. In this case, they would be able to grab her when she's left with only her gloves and boots. However, this can be subject to change. The restriction can be removed entirely, but that would increase the effort needed to layer my sex animations, ESPECIALLY if I'm planning to add 4 or more costumes.

Kiwi&Melon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

These visuals look fantastic, I can't wait to see more!

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Update for this week! While I got a little slow with the sprite works, due to other projects, I've recently spent hours on fleshing out my plan for the game's general environment visual and sketched over 20 enemy concepts!

Combat Run Animation in full form

One of the enemy concepts, the Mobile Tentacle Fertilizer. This is an example of a "futuristic" influence, which will be mixed with fantasy.

I should tell everyone that I've sketched over 4 mechanized enemies, but there will also be plenty of organic monsters and humanoid. I tried to cover as many fetishes as I can, but tell me what kind of enemies / fetish everyone is expecting! If I've covered a particular one, I'll reply with an answer!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, Futanari succubus/omnibus. Since you're asking.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let's see, spritework, CGs, coding, posibility for VA (volunteer/amateur) only things left are SFX and BGM

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bestiality and Egglaying/pregnancy are big ones for me. Though I understand how, from a game design perspective, anything that alters artwork or a sprite can make things much more difficult which is why any kind of permanent inflation is avoided.

Sucks really.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@super_slicer: I do have a futa, but she's in a snowy area. :p

@MAF: Actually, I have planned for inflated bellies for a long time, but I haven't tried layering them over my basic animations yet. I'll think very hard on the integration with my original gameplay plan. I'm gonna be spriting an enemy soon to get to the enemy behaviors. I covered "one" bestiality, but I wonder if you count "fantasy monsters" as well. :confused:

Also, I posted a Game Design Document (rough draft) for 5$ patrons or more. It's spoiler territory, so I wanted to limit who looks at it. But currently, I'm looking for suggestions everywhere on the naming of my project! Once I decide on it, it's gonna stick to everyone, but that doesn't mean it's not subject to change even after a while. I can give a quick summary of what to expect, however:

- There are people and monsters who are filled with lust, obviously

- The main story is about a conflict between 2 Incubuses.

- The main character's quest is to see through the conflict, because one Incubus is stuck on her til the end.

- The world is a mix of fantasy and futuristic. There will be monsters, elves, demons, magic and advanced human technology everywhere.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, non-human stuff in general I'd consider bestiality.

I wonder if the inflation and what-not would factor into gameplay? Parasite in City had just the fly enemy, but that (to me) was easily the hottest level/enemy in the game. Even only if in part because you had to walk around with a thick belly full of fly eggs for a bit while they gestated inside of her.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, that was serious fap-bate XD .

Title suggestion: The Technomancer's Erotic Quest

Took me like an hour to come up with that, sorry :/

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I created a Discord channel for my project! Check it out if everyone wants to stay connected to our development!

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Could go hard on brand recognition and call it LustFire

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [GameMaker Studio 2] Incubus' Thrall

I had a couple ideas from my Discord community and got a temporary name! Check out the front page, too! It's gotten a major make-over of information.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Man! It's been a long time since I came back to this thread. Several things have happened over time, and unfortunately my original idea is going to be pushed back as a later project. However, I would like to bring to you guys a new game project! It is currently titled Trial of the Erect Sword. This will be my first game project I am intending to release before Incubus' Thrall, because it will be noticeably smaller in scale.

I have attached a public document describing what to expect in the project:

I didn't feel like deleting and making a new thread, since my older project is still planned for development, just that I'm developing something else first. If anyone haven't been seeing my activity, I got a couple previews I can show about Trial of the Erect Sword (TOTES). These can also be publicly found on my Patreon.

The GIF below uses an outdated outfit. I'm currently in the process of producing all the character animations I need for a demo release.