What's new

Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Hi there. I'm willing to give a hand with the beta test. Hopefully I'm still on time, if not.. oh well.

KuroN3ko

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm willing to help out with testing :)

Got to use my grammar nazi skills somehow :p

Yaranaika

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

oh look a rpg game...what is the genre?e.e what the game contains,why you don't post the link of the game so everyone can beta test it e.e

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Which type of space did you use?

Also, I've changed the entrance to the last part of the cave, so It should be much more visible now. And casting the fireball before getting the staff will be solved xD
After some considderation, I'm not sure about the fire thing actually. Seing as it's not necesarry to even take the staff it's more of a small introduction, saying you are a mage.
The free and public one. Didn't want to spend any money on my game besides the VX purchase, figure that I'm spending enough of my time already. I don't remembered what I selected for toolsets as they were all in greek to me.

The free space should be fine. It's public, so anyone can view it (although not edit it) and the support options are limited to online searches. And they'll only laugh apologetically if they lose your data, but I've never seen that happen.

For the fire thing, you could simply put in a textbox 'As the skeletons shamble toward you, ancient words spring from the depths of your memory. Your hands light and an arc of fire streaks toward the closest skeleton.' right before the battle. You now know you're a mage!

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

One question can you post what you have right now in a zip here? Would like to see it.

iBLookinATu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you'd like another beta tester, I'm available, if you'd send the link to me...

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Quari; The necromancer quest is an unofficial one, and not the end of the game. I will fix the exit.

To the ones who wants to test, I still could use a couple of testers, so I'll send you a link shortly. Crossbow1701 And Yaranaika, I'm not posting the links because I don't want it to be public testing ;)

UrineOnU; sorry didn't notice that section. No, It's unfortunately not original artwork ^^

Quari, I can't seem to find where they walk into the wall?

Last edited:

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

soo what should i do, back up and not accept that quest, so that i can move on or wait for the update :p?

*btw if you dont pressure the one girl into doing the squid thing, is there any other girl you can get besides the blond one?

ehmm i seem stuck, what do i do if i skip the necromancer quest..

Last edited:
OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

soo what should i do, back up and not accept that quest, so that i can move on or wait for the update :p?
Yea, the quest is also impossible to complete untill you reach a much higher level xD So, yes ;P An update will be coming later today, fixing all the issues you've found. Also, did you by any chance start the quest for the farm? Where you need to find a girl-girls for them? :p

Because of my stupidity I'm making a private blog for the beta testers to keep themselves updated on, instead of assembler xD Sorry, but I only had a 30 day trial where I could keep it private ;)
And so, I'm just double checking the rules for any restrictions on posting a blog before linking it here, but in there the beta testers will be able to check it out. Though I'll need your emails to add list of permitted viewers. So send it in a private message, since I don't think you want everyone to see your email ^^

Also, quari, the main quest will still proceed even after you've defeated the orc leader. Talk to the priest again after completing that quest.

And again, where in gods name is that thing where he walks into the wall? xD

Last edited:

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hmm i guess ill try some stuff :p

* and where you can walk into the wall, is the house on the left right above the inn, if you walk in the wall on the right in the left room :p, at the height of the painting, bags etc
and ill start testing again in a bit btw, in an hour or so i think.. so i will see if i get any further :p

Last edited:
OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

hmm i guess ill try some stuff :p

* and where you can walk into the wall, is the house on the left right above the inn, if you walk in the wall on the right in the left room :p, at the height of the painting, bags etc
and ill start testing again in a bit btw, in an hour or so i think.. so i will see if i get any further :p
Lol, will be fixed on the next update xD

If all the testers would please send me their email in a private message, I'll add them to the blog.
Also, quari, did you get acces yet?

Last edited:

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes i did, and posted my first comment :)

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

well okay, so first things...
I really think you need real bosses.. I just finished defending against the orc attack, and fighting hordes of enemies is not fun, just tedious.
it was the same thing with the skeleton boss...

I'd probably suggest for the skeleton boss, maybe have the summoner in the battle, and she's able to summon more skeletons, attack, or cast magic. Just fighting a stagnant number of enemies is the easiest thing in the world, since every time you kill something, you take less damage... not to mention how easy and time consuming it is to kill a bunch of orcs after sleeping them...

anyways i'll review more later... also the huge size of the town bugs me a bit, considering there's only a few points of interest on each screen.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

well okay, so first things...
I really think you need real bosses.. I just finished defending against the orc attack, and fighting hordes of enemies is not fun, just tedious.
it was the same thing with the skeleton boss...

I'd probably suggest for the skeleton boss, maybe have the summoner in the battle, and she's able to summon more skeletons, attack, or cast magic. Just fighting a stagnant number of enemies is the easiest thing in the world, since every time you kill something, you take less damage... not to mention how easy and time consuming it is to kill a bunch of orcs after sleeping them...

anyways i'll review more later... also the huge size of the town bugs me a bit, considering there's only a few points of interest on each screen.
Well, it is an army that is attacking ;) The size of the town is because it's a farming community. So houses are normally far apart. The skeleton thing I'll look at ;)

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

well there might be something you can do with the orcs too, although I'm not sure if it's possible because I don't know the limitations of the RPG maker very well.

you can make it so there's like a 5-10% increase in damage of the remaining orcs each time one is killed. As i said before, sleep makes this battle super easy, so there has to be some sort of risk factor. Or maybe if there's a critical attack type of thing you can use, maybe increase the chance of a critical hit by an orc. I'm not sure what you can do with the RPG maker, but something along those lines will probably make it a lot more interesting.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

well there might be something you can do with the orcs too, although I'm not sure if it's possible because I don't know the limitations of the RPG maker very well.

you can make it so there's like a 5-10% increase in damage of the remaining orcs each time one is killed. As i said before, sleep makes this battle super easy, so there has to be some sort of risk factor. Or maybe if there's a critical attack type of thing you can use, maybe increase the chance of a critical hit by an orc. I'm not sure what you can do with the RPG maker, but something along those lines will probably make it a lot more interesting.
That is extremely easy to do, basically in the troops arrangement when one Orc is defeated(when one of the 1-8, 8 is max in troops unless you have a script edit for more) a buff spell (multiple or single or state like berserk that increases the attack of the orcs) is cast. Also even better would be they transform make several sets of orcs different attack powers hp ect... I haven't played the game yet,but I have moderate experience in rpgmaker. I'm sure this would work and make the battle a tad more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

*btw if you dont pressure the one girl into doing the squid thing, is there any other girl you can get besides the blond one?
Hummm which blond girl are you talking about? I've seen so many and none of them talks about the squid quest.

KuroN3ko

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hummm which blond girl are you talking about? I've seen so many and none of them talks about the squid quest.
Ditto. Also, have gotten to the point where I have acquired my estate, and *erhem* servant, talked to the queen but she won't give me what she promised, talking to the high priestess = go speak to servant regarding estate, and travelling to the noble's island shows an unfinished castle (no entrance)
is this where the game is up to atm? Or is there more?

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ah yes, i had a bit of a problem with that as well at first, but you just have to look for (2) girls (as far as i know only 2) that you can talk about to take the job. They are a bit hidden away you could say, dont want to give it right away but they are in the first town. :) One of them is even a bit tricky to get to (that being the blond one :p), i'll give you one more hint, she is in the part of town where the inn is.

Last edited: