Spam bots strike back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam bots strike back

Spam bots are shitting all over our RP forums.

Like this one

NUNU, YOU HAVE TO STOP THEM
    Spoiler

Re: Spam bots strike back

I am so glad you did that in such a way so that i can't help you.

all in all i think this is a problem for the big boss, provided we can wake him from his torpor...
    It's hard to take the high ground when you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

I had one of them the other day that I deleted as spam from one of my RP threads. I hope that was the right way to do it so that you could help, if not just let me know what would be better, Nunu. Though it probably is more of the big bosses problem.

Comment

any way that solves the problem ronny. things might be a little better tied off if i can ban their profile but that wont happen as quickly as it has to go through the reported posts stuff.
        It's hard to take the high ground when you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

Getting rid of the individual spam bots won't help any of us either way. They make one spam post, you ban that account, they make another account, rinse and repeat.

The solution I was thinking of was making them go away entirely, not telling each copy of the same bot to bugger off.
          Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Mamono Assault Force View Post
            Getting rid of the individual spam bots won't help any of us either way. They make one spam post, you ban that account, they make another account, rinse and repeat.

The solution I was thinking of was making them go away entirely, not telling each copy of the same bot to bugger off.
            Any ideas for how to do that?
            "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

For truly it is written, RTFM.

Comment

Actually, I still don't get the point of these bots Oo ? It's true... It doesn't give anything to their authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Hentaispider View Post
                Any ideas for how to do that?
                If you're trying to suggest I should have shut up because I have no idea how to stop them myself, I'm going to drown you.
                Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Mamono Assault Force View Post
                  If you're trying to suggest I should have shut up because I have no idea how to stop them myself, I'm going to drown you.
                  I am, because I've yet to see a way to completely stop spam without some pretty draconian measures that would make more work for Nunu.
                  "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

For truly it is written, RTFM.

Comment

We absolutely dont' want to make the people like nunu who run things around here work, you're absolutely right.

Nunu, shut off all security.
                    Spoiler

Comment

RJ you're being dramatic, I shall attempt to tweak our verification a bit more and see if i can wrangle another 1% out of it.

Comment

But Nunu, I'm always dramatic.
                        Spoiler

Comment

There's another method of banning that can be used on people who know how to circumvent ip bans, it's not the ultimate solution but it will keep those people quiet for a longer period of time. Probably not a good idea to share that info here as they may become wise to it, I'll send a pm to Nunu about it.

List of Adult Flash Websites
                          http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27441

List of websites providing fake downloads
                          http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26002

The PM system is broken on this account so if you need to contact me, send it to my alt AceofWindPMOnly, I will check it every so often.

Comment

I still see the bots though.

Besides the main reason you are seeing them is because i've been working 14 hours days and am tired when i get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunu View Post
                              I still see the bots though.

Besides the main reason you are seeing them is because i've been working 14 hours days and am tired when i get home.
                              Okay then, try not to strain yourself.

List of Adult Flash Websites
                              http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27441

List of websites providing fake downloads
                              http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26002

The PM system is broken on this account so if you need to contact me, send it to my alt AceofWindPMOnly, I will check it every so often.

Comment

Working...
                              X