What's new

Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

i've been thinking about it a bit and i don't actually think there would be a huge amount of code in jungle girl. Of course its more code than most people are willing to do but not much really.

maybe a total of a few thousand lines.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

as far as code goes, a few thousand lines isn't much. some of those lines will be empty and some of them might only have a character or two. my other project right now is probably about 10 thousand lines and its no where near finished.

i can do a deal with wallpaper though, if she does art, i can probably build the game for her.

however i need to be sure she knows just how much art is necessary. In the original we have a walk cycle, he uses the animation cleverly i think so there are 2 lots of 2 frames and then another lots of 3 frames for the legs, the 3 poses, then the 3 enemies, each having 2 frames, then there is the rape scenes which will require a 2 frame loop and about 8 frame climax. Then there is any extra art like ending pictures or such.

all in all thats somewhere in the region of 30 pictures.

i dont see a point in remaking it unless we want to do it better than that. The obvious way of making it better is by giving more. more rape styles more frames for each animation. other things might be exotic things like an adventure mode or something. its not a project to be taken on lightly.

Last edited:

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Definitely not, hence why I'm not sure I have time for it just now (I imagine it'd be a summer or even year-long project, and I already have a couple on the go right now; remaking a hentai game is kind of backburner stuff for me at the moment!)

I'd probably do some basic animations first in order to get a better idea of how to make things go -- I haven't done a lot of animating in the past, just some really basic stuff. X3 Maybe some fanart-animations would be nifty!

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

If only I could draw... Maybe over the summer I'll crack out the sketchbook again.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

I have been watching this thread with great interest. In fact, it rekindled my desire to recreate this game, or make one similar to it.

Indeed, there is no point in re-making this game unless you plan to add in more. Jungle Girl could be improved with a bit more variance, a few more animated images. It could be improved with multi-rape partners. It could be changed to a platform game rather than a simple side-scroller. Of course, while this last option sounds nice, the beauty of Jungle Girl is the simplicity in itself.

If you guys are on-board for a re-make mission at any point, give me a ring. I am experienced with flash and drawing... interesting things.*belly laugh*

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Arts, or it didn't happen. XD

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Heh... I've burnt or tosses all of my dirty pics, but I can reference you to my clean stuff

My archives page. I believe that page does not have links to my other doujin: (Stock Market).

Most of that stuff is rather old... um... I'll see to it that I upload some of my newer stuff in the Blank Page. Until then, back to the main topic!

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

(Great thing about this forum is that you can upload images to it, so the dirty stuff stays in one place. :p)

As to Jungle Girl, if anyone has updates, I hope to see 'em. o.o I love that the community's always striving to make more and better from what came before. XD

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Well I am better at drawing landscapes then people (unless you want "stick girl" lol), so if anyone gets this thing off the ground, I might be able to help in that capacity...

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

thats a good thing gator but from the looks of it we wont be building this cos there just isn't a reason to. jungle girl is good enough.

OP
Cole

Cole

Lurker
Reputation score

True, true, but a remake isn't necessarily an improvement, but possibly just a reconstruction by fans. Who knows, in the end?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

sure it is within our capability to reconstruct it, but if we dont plan on doing anything more then why bother?

OP
Cole

Cole

Lurker
Reputation score

Wasn't refering to us, per-say. Meant on a broader spectrum. As in, anyone who wants to, like this (unlikely real) remake.

InfernoStyle

Lurker
Reputation score

If this remake is carried out, let's not let it become Frankenstein's Monster shall we? I seem to have misplaced my torches... and pitchforks... damn.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After Mystic Girl, I don't think I could ever love again. :(

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

What happened with Mystic Girl, by the way? I don't know much about it save the name!

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

What happened with Mystic Girl, by the way? I don't know much about it save the name!
Line Marvel lost all the work to it or something cause his computer crashed then he forgot his password to his blog for like six months or something and when he came back he said he lost all interest in making it and isn't going to most likely.

Sorry for being so blunt =P

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Line Marvel lost all the work to it or something cause his computer crashed then he forgot his password to his blog for like six months or something and when he came back he said he lost all interest in making it and isn't going to most likely.

Sorry for being so blunt =P
Not quite correct.

I read the part of his blog detailing the lack-of-information period, when LM showed up briefly on the Haven.

According to that, he had been working on a project in his offline life that ended up bombing. Depression set in, and it took quite some time before that was dealt with. Everything since has show that LM wishes to continue and attempt to finish MG, but lacks the crucial component known as "free time" in which to do so.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Not quite correct.

I read the part of his blog detailing the lack-of-information period, when LM showed up briefly on the Haven.

According to that, he had been working on a project in his offline life that ended up bombing. Depression set in, and it took quite some time before that was dealt with. Everything since has show that LM wishes to continue and attempt to finish MG, but lacks the crucial component known as "free time" in which to do so.
unfortunately I don't stalk LineMarvel like SOME members of this board.

:p