Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... Wait so is there a search function buried somewhere in the new forum UI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Wait so is there a search function buried somewhere in the new forum UI?

If there is one, I can't find it. And that makes me sad.

there's no global search yet (it's probably in the works somewhere), just per-thread search, but there's always google: site:ulmf.org (search topic) e.g. site:ulmf.org maidensnow eve

Comment

That leads to a dead end for me. Was trying to find RJ200725 Miko Fight Kanna

Comment

There is a search funcion on the site, but its not yet enabled. ( https://ulmf.org/advanced_search )
        Also lot of functions aren't enabled in the new engine. I think they will be in the future...

Edit:

Wait, i think a break the engine, to make it work.

Copy to url bar, but edit the parameters before.
        Code:
        https://ulmf.org/search?searchJSON=%7B"ignore_protected"%3A1%2C"prefix"%3A%5B""%5D%2C"keywords"%3A"XXXXXX"%2C"title_only"%3Afalse%7D
        So, where you see the XXXXXX is what are you looking for.

If you want to use any prefix then you need to paste it to YYYYYYYY, otherwise leave it blank (delete the Y's) (need to use correct prefix names!!!)

Code:
        https://ulmf.org/search?searchJSON=%7B"ignore_protected"%3A1%2C"prefix"%3A%5B"YYYYYYY"%5D%2C"keywords"%3A"XXXXX"%2C"title_only"%3Afalse%7D
        If you want to search only in titles then change the end from %3Afalse%7D to %3Atrue%7D
        Last edited by Hantaboy; 1 week ago.

Comment

Missing human verification.

Comment

MHU mostly caused by not login in, or using incognito/private beowsing.

Try this then: go to the hgames alforum, then click on any prefix. You will get a resoult of the prefix, then edit the url. Remove the prefix between "s, and put what are you looking for in the end, like in the example. Also there is a 15 sec waiting time between searches.

Comment

Thanks, worked. Thread must have been deleted.

Comment

If that workaround is indeed the only way to search right now, then I think there should be a sticky or banner or something somewhere telling people how to do it. Not having a search function is a nuisance that I think could potentially frustrate people and discourage them from joining/remaining in the community.

Comment

Eh, the search was disabled by Aika to reduce the lag that was crippling the site; the function is still there, it's why this method of bypassing authorization works.

Also, please don't break the forum, it's still being repaired, slowly...
                  Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
                  Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
                  Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                  X