What's new

Countdown from 1,000,000

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
963 580

Nah, I do live in a single room + bathroom small apartment. And I wished I could sleep in the plane, but just can't no matter what I try. Would have made my Japan trips better if I could just nap the 9-hour flights away '.'

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
963 579

I'll probably end up doing that. No reason not to, really. In my current room, I already use a piece of furniture to partition my room a little.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
963 577

Yeah, the flight from Dubai to Osaka was so weird, like at least half of the passengers were Japanese, quite some of them with those masks in front of their mouthes, and the just fell asleep minutes after departure. And their heads would lean into the walking corridors between the seats, and I'd have to gently push through with my butt sometimes, but I think they didn't even wake up from any of that. That was awkward. XD
I managed to fall asleep on my flight back though, but simply because I was completely exhausted.

Here's a Japan pic, because Japan talk. ^^

*gives plmnko a cookie and Byz a Renamon plushie*

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
963 576

I can barely muster a passing grade for politeness in American culture because of certain problems. Like eye contact, knowing when to talk, that kind of stuff, hard for me. I don't know what I'd do in one of the Asian countries. I'd probably offend everyone everywhere.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
963 575

I can barely muster a passing grade for politeness in American culture because of certain problems. Like eye contact, knowing when to talk, that kind of stuff, hard for me. I don't know what I'd do in one of the Asian countries. I'd probably offend everyone everywhere.
I'm very careful and reluctant when meeting new people myself, I only get more comfortable with talking over time. Still, over the years it became easier for me to leave a good first impression, my politeness and respect towards the person(s) I talk to apparently gives me a good advantage, as I can't really tell if I ever had some sort of enemy in my life.
It sure was a great experience though, when I managed to buy something from a souvenir shop in Shirakawa-go speaking Japanese. I had the shop owner come over to me, get the thing I wanted, and did the transaction with a farewell. I felt so proud, even though I only used like five words. :D

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
963 574

Whenever I think about that kind of thing, I always think about the blooper takes of Rush Hour 2. Chris Tucker has to say, I think, 3 sounds for words in Chinese (Shi shi ni or something). It takes him many, many tries. After a while, Jackie Chan turns to camera and says "See! It's not so easy speaking another language!"

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
963 573

:eek: is that Mt. Fuji? Good composition right there Stuffie ^_^ *cuddles plushie because IT'S SO FLUUUUFFY*

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
963 566

Whenever I think about that kind of thing, I always think about the blooper takes of Rush Hour 2. Chris Tucker has to say, I think, 3 sounds for words in Chinese (Shi shi ni or something). It takes him many, many tries. After a while, Jackie Chan turns to camera and says "See! It's not so easy speaking another language!"
Hahaha! I actually took a sneak-peek session for a private school for japanese before my vacation, because I always loved the sound of it, and figured I might as well take a deeper look into it. After the session, I was both amazed and shocked at how much work it is going to be until you are actually able to "function" among Japanese using their language. Grammar is ridiculously easy (especially compared to german), but the words and obviously the tons of signs....urgh.
For the purchase at that shop, I mildly shouted "summimasen" for the owner's attention, then pointed at what I wanted (hand-made cooking apron) saying "Kore kudasai" ("I want this, please."), and after she fetched it and I payed for it, I bid her farewell with "domo" (the allrounder-word for "hi", "goodbye", "thank you" and probably more).

:eek: is that Mt. Fuji? Good composition right there Stuffie ^_^ *cuddles plushie because IT'S SO FLUUUUFFY*
Yush, Fuji-san covered by cherry blossoms. Beautiful, isn't it? ^^ I also call among my best from my trip to Japan.

*Stuffie plushie *

Yush, because thicc Rena butt! :O Seriously though, the corridors on that Boeing airplane were really tight, no way to pass two sleepy Asian-heads leaning in without a bit of pushing and "summimasen".

Too bad Zonkpunch stopped working on animations.
I know right? His last animation was unbelievably hot. *.*

Last edited: