What's new

Subterranea Interest Check

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You are an elite assassin/bounty hunter. Your objective: Infiltrate the quarantined subterranean city of Dolvehk and assassinate all leading members of its corrupt government and its leader. Dolvehk is completely underground and isolated from the outside world. The city is warmed by artificial sunlight and no-one gets in or out... except for you of course, with the help of some explosives inside an adjacent abandoned mineshaft.

The city itself consists of two domes, one on top and one on the bottom, pressed against each other to form a large biosphere. The lower dome of the subterranean biosphere is consists of the slums and as you get lower, the sewage and waste processing plants. The upper dome contains the towering metropolis of Dolvehk. The lower levels of it consisting of lower-class appartments and family-owned businesses; this area rampant and wide-spread with crime. The higher up one makes it up the large inter-connecting towers, the more urbanized and clean the city will appear. In the center of Upper Dolvehk towers the largest and tallest skyscraper, the upper levels of which house its corrupt government and its officials. Your will start of by breaking into the lowest level of the biosphere.

The mission seems quite straightforward, right?

Wrong. Dolvehk is a sybiotic society, sustained and supported by sybiotes, parasites, and various other biological organisms. This will prove difficult to blend in with the native citizens and navigate/interface with biological structures and methods of transportation.

Any questions?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Subterranea Interest Check

*raises hand*

Can you go into more detail about the biological aspect of the city, please?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*raises hand*

Can you go into more detail about the biological aspect of the city, please?
Why certainly. Starting with basics, there are many large biological organisms that help regulate many services and utilities throughout the entire sphere. The vast majority of these organisms are housed in the lower dome. For example, there are organisms capable of performing all of the tasks of waste disposal, electrical generation, furnace, water purification, and livestock milking. In the slums and lower levels of Upper Dolvehk, prostitution has been ruled out as being obsolete. Why have a one-time prostitute when you can have a pleasure symbiote that will attach to you and please you constantly in exchange for protection/warmth/sustainence/etc...

I won't go into too much detail to avoid spoilers...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well that's all well and good, but what about the non-smutty bits? I'd like to think that's the more important parts, after all...

EDIT: I mean, those other parts you already mentioned seem quite interesting, but I don't see why any of that would give us trouble fittin gin, is all.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well that's all well and good, but what about the non-smutty bits? I'd like to think that's the more important parts, after all...

EDIT: I mean, those other parts you already mentioned seem quite interesting, but I don't see why any of that would give us trouble fittin gin, is all.
Well, think of it this way. Lots of people are going to be walking around wearing pleasure symbiotes, combat/defense symbiotes, and your character will stick out like a sore thumb, wearing her outlandish clothing and carrying her outlandish equipment/weaponry.

Also, I think it's same to mention that your character's skin/scales/feathers/etc have been modified scientifically to withstand acidic corosion.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Some interest shown... we'll see how school goes and when this starts up.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Acidic corrosion? Why is that? And how hard would it be to just pick up a couple of these new toys, and just tell them to stop fidgeting, so we fit in better? Wouldn't be hard to gank a few people when we first get there and take theirs, i bet.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Acidic corrosion? Why is that? And how hard would it be to just pick up a couple of these new toys, and just tell them to stop fidgeting, so we fit in better? Wouldn't be hard to gank a few people when we first get there and take theirs, i bet.
Well, there's bound to be acidic biological fluids in some of these organisms. Some of them might have acid for blood and there's also the possibility that your character could be swallowed by one of the waste treatment symbiotes, which use acid to disolve garbage and waste. And another challenge is to remain undetected. I mean, how do you think the government would react to finding out that an outsider made their way into a quarantined city?

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, he said there was gonna be vore... Don wanna see your character all melty now do we?

But the real question is: Freeform or Stat-based, And if Stat based how dice reliant...?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, he said there was gonna be vore... Don wanna see your character all melty now do we?

But the real question is: Freeform or Stat-based, And if Stat based how dice reliant...?
I'm glad you asked. This game is going to be more free-form roleplay. You post what your character attempts to do and I'll reply with the results. Each player will have their own thread.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, good enough, count me interested.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I generally follow Shrike's judgement, her taste is good. So interest shown

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Next round, what would be allowed in character creation?

also... Era our character be from: past, present, or future?

Or would that be part of character customisation

That would also raise the queston as to equipables, weapon, armour/clothing.. Unless just about everything is gonna be symbiote equips

Then magics... How and what: how is it gonna be handled... If at all... And what types of it can we expect to see?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The current time era of this PBP would be like a modern-future tech level.

You can bring whatever weapons and armor you can carry on your character while remaining stealthy. As for pick-ups, yeah, they're pretty much only going to be symbiotes. As far as characters are concerned. You can be anything you want within reason (You can't be a blue whale, Time Lord, arbiter, avatar of a god, etc...). Preferably, I would like to urge you to play as a humanoid character as most non-humanoid characters would be rejected.

As for magic, I'm going to make a bullshit excuse by saying the biosphere is imbued with mana nullifying stone that radiates throughout the entire biosphere. So, no magic for you!

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Huh. Why not? I'm going to make a character that is about making others be ducks!

Interest shown.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's a basic character sheet. Go nuts guys. Start making characters:

Name:
Species:
Personality:
Appearance:
Bio:
Equipment/Inventory:
Notes:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Character, heavy work in progress, too tired to think anymore, so i'm just putting it here to save it.

Name: Rasp
Species: Argonian (*shrugs* Closest I could come up with, and a cop-out for description)
Personality: Quiet, practical, and maybe a bit cruel. Takes his job far too seriously.
Appearance:
Bio: In progress, probably will wait till a history thread goes up, or something of the sort. I tend to need something to work off of.
Equipment/Inventory: Somewhere in between a traditionalist and a tech junkie. Utilizes nanobots to give him stealth capabilities and some degree of armour against attacks. The nanobots can replenish from as little as a single bot be being 'fed' any metal object, but such a thing takes time. He relies on a pair of punching daggers as his main weapons, preferring the stealth and stab approach over any sort of direct conflict. When such a thing occurs, he prefers to get in close, disabling one and using it's body as a shield, and it's weapons against any comrades.
Notes: Whee!

Last edited:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interest shown only if you're going to be doing multiplayer threads by request. Also if there's no gender restriction.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Interest shown only if you're going to be doing multiplayer threads by request. Also if there's no gender restriction.
There will be multiplayer threads on request, but only if all members can post regularly. There's also no gender restriction, despite the pronouns used.

Last edited: