What's new

Corruption Tournament OOC discussion and planning

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Corruption Tournament OOC discussion and planning

Alright, be aware that with that high level of weakness she is instantly defeated by anyone using light or darkness control on her, if thats fine by you then go ahead, Approved. Also see below.

Woods witch:
Not how elemental control works, you have a pool of 1d8 total which you can split as you desire, (though you CAN rp flavour it any way you want and ad you did) but you may want to go for special attacks instead. Don't forget that you get a pet-wolf from animal affinity, dun have to if you don't want but figured I'd point it out.

Musubi:
Same for her, please re-review the elemental control ability.
The way I read it was that you got the tier and anything lower. Origionally I had it as just a solo 'ability' but when I went back and re-read it I got confused and thought it was the teir up to where you were kinda thing. (As it is on rereading right now that is still the interpretation I kinda get so might want to clarify there.) Have changed both though, but might keep the 'teirs' as RP flavour but removed the effects.

As for the wolf pack, thought I mentioned it in the Wood Witch's bio. Do I need to draw up stats for the wolf/wolves? As for switching to special attack, might do that for the woods witch.

As for Clllyyy I figured it's just sunlight (instead of sunlight and darkness) now, and yeah figured she could be badly hurt by light users for now, so just needs to stay operating at night! Was unfortunately the only way I could make the powerset work out for now without having more weaknesses then special abilities.

Edit: Switched Wood's Witch's Elemental Control to a special ability. Switched Musubi as well, need you to check her over because I am not sure if I read the description right. (Misread, ignore what used to be here)

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

As far as I've understood the elemental control power, it essentially gives you a number of "elemental dice points" to spend over the course of a combat. So if you have fire control 1d8, it's probably easier to think of it like having "8 fire mana", which can be converted to dice at a one-to-one basis. So you could blast out a 1d8 immediately, or split it into some 1d6 and 1d2 shots over different turns. After that I'm under the impression that it's spent for the fight. (spare regen at rank 3 and 6)

Correct me if I've misunderstood anything.

There's one other power that I've been unsure of how to interpret myself, which is Power Defence. It mentions pairing it with an attribute, but then mentions pairing it with another power in the example. Does that mean it has to be assigned to one attribute like Physical/Mental, or can it be used with any? And does it get paired with one specific power upon being picked, or can it adapted to any suitable at use? Eg, using it with secret world one turn, and telekinesis the next?

And one more question, can taking a drawback for a special power negate the base 3 point cost of taking it in the first place, or is it only for extras built onto it?

Am currently working on finding a picture for my characters pet. Struggling a little. May have to use references images rather than a literal representative image.

[edit]
By the way Raffa, there must be something wrong with your image's hosting location. It isn't showing. Try uploading it to imgur or somewhere else.

Last edited:

Raffa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As far as I've understood the elemental control power, it essentially gives you a number of "elemental dice points" to spend over the course of a combat. So if you have fire control 1d8, it's probably easier to think of it like having "8 fire mana", which can be converted to dice at a one-to-one basis. So you could blast out a 1d8 immediately, or split it into some 1d6 and 1d2 shots over different turns. After that I'm under the impression that it's spent for the fight. (spare regen at rank 3 and 6)

Correct me if I've misunderstood anything.

There's one other power that I've been unsure of how to interpret myself, which is Power Defence. It mentions pairing it with an attribute, but then mentions pairing it with another power in the example. Does that mean it has to be assigned to one attribute like Physical/Mental, or can it be used with any? And does it get paired with one specific power upon being picked, or can it adapted to any suitable at use? Eg, using it with secret world one turn, and telekinesis the next?

And one more question, can taking a drawback for a special power negate the base 3 point cost of taking it in the first place, or is it only for extras built onto it?

Am currently working on finding a picture for my characters pet. Struggling a little. May have to use references images rather than a literal representative image.

[edit]
By the way Raffa, there must be something wrong with your image's hosting location. It isn't showing. Try uploading it to imgur or somewhere else.
Elemental Control - You are correct. You can split Elemental Control however you want but once you use it all, it's out.

Power Defense - Uh... no. They are associated with certain abilities. For example, if I had a Telepathy, I can associate a Power Defense with it. In this context, I could use my telepathic powers to read person's mind, predict an attack and avoid it.

Special Attack - No. It does not negate the 3-point cost.

theguy09

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Zoey is finished! Let me know if she is approved!

MegaElite

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, I was wondering if we are still waiting on approvals to start, or if we are all waiting for someone to make the first move. Either is fine with me, I just happen to be terrible at reading the situation.

NightSky

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Please bear with me if what I'm asking is stupid, but I'm new to Role Play.

Fell the Giants 1/Rank
Once per fight per rank if you are attacked with an attribute thats 10 or higher above your own, or if you are attacked by an enemy with the mastered attack feat for the attribute they use on you, you may roll 1d10 and add it to your defence. If you overcome the enemies roll with this double the cumulative penalty on their attacks.
Is this 1d10 separate from normal defense roll?
Eg, I defense with a mental attribute of 12, roll 1d10 from normal defense, and then roll another 1d10 from Fell the giants.

As for rank, if I have Fell the Giants Rank2, it means I can use 2 times for a fight? Same goes for Incredible Luck right?

Special movement: 1/Rank: Each rank of special movement allows you to reduce the damage(rounded up, min 1) you take from a single physical or melee type special attack by 50%. (once per attack)
I need more clarification than this. How does rank 2 work? from how I understand it, I can reduce the damage 2times per attack.

Drawbacks Slow: You need to charge up your attack, focus, or otherwise make very clear you are about to use something big to your opponent.
Last question, this drawback require me to charge instead of attacking normally for 1 turn?

And I think my special attack would be both obvious to the opponent and require to charge up since I use Naruto's Rasengan as a ref lol.

Raffa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Please bear with me if what I'm asking is stupid, but I'm new to Role Play.

Is this 1d10 separate from normal defense roll?
Eg, I defense with a mental attribute of 12, roll 1d10 from normal defense, and then roll another 1d10 from Fell the giants.

As for rank, if I have Fell the Giants Rank2, it means I can use 2 times for a fight? Same goes for Incredible Luck right?

I need more clarification than this. How does rank 2 work? from how I understand it, I can reduce the damage 2times per attack.

Last question, this drawback require me to charge instead of attacking normally for 1 turn?

And I think my special attack would be both obvious to the opponent and require to charge up since I use Naruto's Rasengan as a ref lol.
From the top.

Fell the Giants

Yes, you are correct. If enemy uses Mastered Attack or their attribute is higher than yours by at least 5, you roll a 2d10 + Attribute.

And, generally, 1 rank = 1 use, unless stated otherwise. There are some passive abilities that persist throughout the whole battle.

Special Movement

Like I stated before, 1 rank = 1 use. So, for example, you can use the special attack in round 1, and then again in the next round if you have rank 2.

You cannot use it in the same round as far as I know.

Drawback: Slow

Yes, you can't do anything else while you're charging up. That would kind of defeat the purpose.

NightSky

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks! This clear up a lot for me. :)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

This reminds me of a few other questions actually, regarding limited uses. Most abilities like Grunts or Teleport specifically state that you get one use per rank. Power Defence however doesn't, which sort of implies it's reusable, but judging by convention makes me uncertain. Or does it use up charges of the power you link it with?

I was also trying to figure out if I understand the flow of combat correctly for stuff like using grunts defensively, and have been wondering how the overall flow for the writing itself goes.
Eg, if Player-1 makes an attack on their turn, do they wait on the opponent to do the defence roll? I figure that since there's a lot of reactive defence options in this game, it's the receiver that declares whether something hits for damage or not? In terms of RP description of successful attacks, should we be describing the kind of thing that might happen IF it succeeds?

Sorry for all the questions. ^_^;

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Power Defense - Uh... no. They are associated with certain abilities. For example, if I had a Telepathy, I can associate a Power Defense with it. In this context, I could use my telepathic powers to read person's mind, predict an attack and avoid it.

Special Attack - No. It does not negate the 3-point cost.
Yeah that.

So, I was wondering if we are still waiting on approvals to start, or if we are all waiting for someone to make the first move.
Waiting on some daring soul, I'll push things into action, but first need to write a character of my own!

This reminds me of a few other questions actually, regarding limited uses. Most abilities like Grunts or Teleport specifically state that you get one use per rank. Power Defence however doesn't, which sort of implies it's reusable, but judging by convention makes me uncertain. Or does it use up charges of the power you link it with?

I was also trying to figure out if I understand the flow of combat correctly for stuff like using grunts defensively, and have been wondering how the overall flow for the writing itself goes.
Eg, if Player-1 makes an attack on their turn, do they wait on the opponent to do the defence roll? I figure that since there's a lot of reactive defence options in this game, it's the receiver that declares whether something hits for damage or not? In terms of RP description of successful attacks, should we be describing the kind of thing that might happen IF it succeeds?

Sorry for all the questions. ^_^;
You can't roleplay out an attack without knowing if it succeeds? You roleplay your attack, the defending player their defence and then their attack. Power defence literally says 1/Rank in the first sentence.

Approvals:
Mal'umbra
Interesting writeup, pet is missing and a bit cheesy but I'm confident it'll work out buildwise, Approved

Zoey
Small edits were you went a bit wild with copypasting, beyond that sounds good, Approved

Eithne
All looking in order, Approved

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Oh, Mal is no stranger to cheese, but hopefully it should be a fun cheese to play. With luck his laid back nature might lead to some fun banter. Has been fun looking at the other characters and already seeing both demons he'd probably get along with, ones he'd clash with, as well a particular hero or two that look like they might bust his ego. It's all fair game to offer bounties to other demons to deal with pesky light magic users right? xD

Have finished and added his pet for approval too now. Complete with personally adjusted image! After spending ages failing to find what I was looking for on Gelbooru. I thought, fuck it, I'll just corrupt a regular picture into a gloomy servant. Kinda fun to do.

Regarding power defence question. Derp. So it does. In fairness that's still a rather confusing way to write it, just kinda thrown in the middle there, where 'one' is expected to be read like 'once', and no mention of the word "uses". But no matter.

And regarding RP of attacks, I more meant RP heavier actions like sex attacks. Something like shooting an arrow or flinging a lightning bolt is plenty simple, but going at someone with tentacles or any more involved sex act, just seemed like it could be harder to describe what's being done, if I can't be certain it will even hit. I'm just used to a more literal system is all, where stuff like penetration is a specific state with it's own success roll and such. So I'm having to adjust from that.

quaztec

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Herinna has been edited and is ready for review.

Raffa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And regarding RP of attacks, I more meant RP heavier actions like sex attacks. Something like shooting an arrow or flinging a lightning bolt is plenty simple, but going at someone with tentacles or any more involved sex act, just seemed like it could be harder to describe what's being done, if I can't be certain it will even hit. I'm just used to a more literal system is all, where stuff like penetration is a specific state with it's own success roll and such. So I'm having to adjust from that.
Well, consider this. While it is a Sexual attack and you'd still a sexual attribute to boost you total attack score, there are still physical or mental elements to it.

If, say, you're using Telepathy or something like that to attack my character, you could say that you're projecting lewd images directly into my character's brain. Or forcing to her to have sexual fantasies.

Or, if your Sexual attack is more physical in nature, you could resort to groping, prodding, minor teasing, aphrodisiacs and the such.

Just make sure it stays within the theme of your character. :)

Does that help clarify some things?

Also, another note on Power Defense. If, for example, an enemy attacks you with a Special Attack, then you need a Power Defense of equal or higher rank than their special attack. Furthermore, if their Special Attack has "Penetrating" ability, then your Power Defense needs to have an equal rank plus one to resist that attack.

So, for example, if I use Special Attack (rank 2) against you, then you'd need at least Power Defense rank 2. If the Special Attack has [Penetrating] associated with it, you need Power Defense rank 3.

That counts as using all those stacks of Power Defense, unfortunately, so be careful.

theguy09

Reputation score

There's so many ideas in my head for character's, I'm thinking of making another character!

NightSky

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oops!, I forgot to mention that Nao doesn't has animal ears and tail.

Last edited:

theguy09

Reputation score

Question for when in character, but do the demons pick where they defend/attack just like the hero's are now? And also in battles is it limited to a 1V1 and 2V2 and etc? Or can someone be ganged up on?

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Well, consider this. While it is a Sexual attack and... (etc)

Also, another note on Power Defense... (etc)
Yeah that helps. Cheers. The projected lewd images thing is actually something I was already planning. : P

And good to know. Though is there something else I'm missing then perhaps, or does Power Defence seem a little inferior to Grunts? Both allow the reduction of 5 from a roll and use up a charge per use, but Grunts seems to have less restriction on what it can be used on, as well as the minor offensive option. Would grunts also be subject to the same multi stack depleting thing regarding higher level special attacks? Just a benefit of being a demon unique power, or is there something else to it?

Oops!, I forgot to mention that Nao doesn't has animal ears and tail.
Perhaps we can arrange on giving her some later on. >:3

[Edit]
By the way, if Henrietta (Mal's pet) ever has the misfortune of being assaulted by some horrible self proclaimed "hero", would it be considered fair that to fluff her defeat as collapsing into shadow and disappearing? To reform at a later date? I've been going on the assumption that pets can be sorta like summons, but hadn't thought to check.

Last edited:

theguy09

Reputation score

This will probably be my final character unless I get a flash of inspiration! Ayda is reporting!

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, Mal is no stranger to cheese, but hopefully it should be a fun cheese to play. With luck his laid back nature might lead to some fun banter. Has been fun looking at the other characters and already seeing both demons he'd probably get along with, ones he'd clash with, as well a particular hero or two that look like they might bust his ego. It's all fair game to offer bounties to other demons to deal with pesky light magic users right? xD

Have finished and added his pet for approval too now. Complete with personally adjusted image! After spending ages failing to find what I was looking for on Gelbooru. I thought, fuck it, I'll just corrupt a regular picture into a gloomy servant. Kinda fun to do.

Regarding power defence question. Derp. So it does. In fairness that's still a rather confusing way to write it, just kinda thrown in the middle there, where 'one' is expected to be read like 'once', and no mention of the word "uses". But no matter.

Yey for corrupted nonregular servants. As for the having to adjust.. yep shrugs* Not sure how someone to utterly mindfucked with a mental score of two could cast a healspell though.

Herinna has been edited and is ready for review.
Hmnn.. looking fine, Approved

could it be considered fair that to fluff her defeat as collapsing into shadow and disappearing?
Sure.

Ayda:
I like the backstory, though elves supposed to mature slower than humans, her heading out this early would indicate she was a half elf or similiar, add that and Approved

Amorok:
Interesting, kinky if a bit strange concept; I might have to .. test this ones unique power myself.

Btw, your wood witch and other character updated or scrapped, wasn't sure because your post said not to mind.

If any other characters are done or I missed any just poke.

Also, huh, you people don't do clear rp posts do you?

I'd recommend you tag your posts with your characters name, ideally a picture, invasion location and who you're interacting with to make this easier on the eyes, but you certainly don't have to.

Last edited: