Red Snow (Shortbus) GMed by Fmokou

Fmokou

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Tilda:
HP: 82/82
PP: 63/63
EP: 43/43

After the skirmishes with the elves stopped, Tilda's life turned incredibly dull. Day after day, Tilda spend her time teaching both elven and human recruits how to fight, and thanks to Tilda's lithe body, at least lithe for Laugar, she was the perfect candidate to teach the elves how to fight like them and teach the humans how to fight like the elves. Because of Tilda's lieutenant , Tilda's squad primarily consisted out of recruits and elves. Whenever Tilda completed training them, Shizu would always spar with them personally, and besides a couple of humans, Shizu would reassign them to a different battalion, strangely enough, only a couple of elven recruits would be reassigned. Furthermore, Shizu was an impossible woman to work with, but not because she was strict or punishing, it was quite the opposite, she treated Tilda and the rest of the army in an extremely casual way and was an incredibly unorganized person, and with a single look it was easy to tell that she didn't originate from Laugar or even Crolia, but despite all these flaws, the captain seemed to think highly of Shizu. Without a real plan for the future, Tilda was living her everyday life without a real plan, training recruits to the best of her ability for Shizu, the woman who was responsible for current position, and after her husband left her, it was the only was a nice distraction to have. Unfortunately for Tilda, her everyday life was about to change drastically.

It was a cold day in Laugar like usual, Tilda could feel the cold Crolian air hitting her body as she was making haste towards her lieutenant's office. A day ago, Tilda heard news about one of the nearby villages being overrun by bandits and ever since then Laugar has been preparing to rescue the nearby village from the bandits. However, this morning a scout came with some unsettling news. An army was being mobilized by the bandits and were now marching towards Laugar, according the scout, it was a sizable army filled with humans, kobolds and goblins. Since then, Tilda's lieutenant and various other higher ups were having a meeting. From the little bits of information that came from the meeting room, the captain was assured that they’d have no problems defeating them. However, despite the news, Tilda might feel a little bit nervous, as she was fairly inexperienced on the battlefield, and it didn’t help that according to the scout, their numbers were bigger than the amount of trained soldiers they had.

After rushing making her way through the small city, Tilda finally reached the her lieutenants office, and when she swung it open, Tilda saw Shizu casually hanging back inside her chair, staring at the ceiling and drinking something out of a bottle. It was always strange to see such a small woman sit in a lieutenant’s office inside of Laugar, but as far as Tilda knows, not one person has won a sparring match against her, not even the captain. After Shizu noticed that Tilda enter her office, the purple haired woman with soft eyes sat down properly in her chair, and made a kind smile. "Oh, I didn't think you would respond this quickly to my message." Shizu stated. "You probably already heard about the incoming attack right? Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if you haven't, I was kinda surprised to hear about when they suddenly called me in for a meeting." Shizu said with a grin, before laughing a little at herself. "Apparently their army is approaching the city walls very soon, but according to the captain, we've really got nothing to worry about." Shizu said in a strangely serious tone. "Honestly, if they were just a bunch of ragtag bandits, I would agree with him, but they managed to mobilize an army of Kobolds and goblins within a day, considering you work with new recruits, you could imagine how difficult it must be to mobilize them for an attack." Shizu said. "I’m honestly worried about what we're dealing with, so I'd like you to go to the barracks and inform everyone to get ready, once you’re done, I want you to report back to me and bring with you someone you can rely on. Understood?" Shizu said in an oddly commanding voice.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
(Lets see if I can actually get this post off..)

Tilda would find herself in the middle of training while being summoned to her Lieutenant's office. Shizu wanted to talk about something, and it was important enough that she summoned Tilda directly. Perhaps they were ready to listen to reason that a small ragtag force of bandits would not be able to overrun a town. Tilda herself had more experience in simulated battle than actual battle as her time was mostly spent training those who were meant to join the army of Laugar along with helping the Elves of Thilhonne train in Laugarian tactics as well. Between the two, Tilda favored the more agile style that the elves used over the more straight forward approach Laugar calls for when confronting an enemy on the battlefield. After some time, Tilda would finally make her way over to the officer's quarters where Shizu, her Lieutenant, was waiting in her office. "You called for me?" Tilda would ponder while Shizu needed a little time to focus on Tilda arriving in the office before she had expected.

Tilda would listen to what Shizu had to say, and they both seemed to have a level of concern far greater than the rest of the town. It was almost as if these bandits were a formality and Laugar would easily repel them once word of the attack had spread. With the scouts also reporting that the oncoming attack force was headed toward Laugar, Tilda would certainly plan for the worst while hearing what Shizu had to say. Of all the people who would know something was off, Tilda would certainly be the one. It would take 2 months before Tilda expected anything out of a trainee and the reports are saying that a force was gathered within a day? Thinking to herself that this was simply impossible, Tilda would then be ordered to head over to the barracks and find someone that she trusted to come back with her to speak to Shizu again. Shizu was normally fairly easy going but the shift in her tone of voice made it clear to Tilda that she meant business now.

With her orders fairly clear, Tilda would head over to the barracks which were maybe a few minutes walk across a small training area away from the officer's area she had come from. This was something Tilda knew how to do, getting the attention of everyone Tilda would make a bit of a scene as she rampaged through the doorway making it clear that she was not to be ignored. "Everyone! Front and Center, NOW!" Tilda would proclaim as everyone inside the barracks would drop what they were doing to fall in line. Tilda had their full attention and she would address them rather plainly. They were to prepare for the incoming attack immediately. After giving the order, Tilda would stop one person in her tracks. , was one of her assistants that focused on using heavier armor. If there was anyone Tilda trusted in Laugar it was Sana. When showing demonstrations, Sana would simluate the typical heavily armored Laugarian while Tilda would display a heavily influenced style reliant on agility and positioning. "Sana, when you are ready I need you to come with me. We are going to Shizu's office because I am certain we both think something doesn't add up with this attack we are about to face." With that, Tilda herself would get dressed for battle as she would remove the more mundane clothing she was wearing and change into her leather armor. Once Sana was ready, Tilda would make sure that they both had their weapons with them as they would head back toward Shizu's office.

OP
Fmokou

Fmokou

Reputation score
Tilda:

When Tilda swung open the door to the barracks, she was a bit surprised to see that most of the elves and veterans already prepared their equipment. The rookies however, were completely caught off guard when Tilda stormed through the door, and it was pretty easy to tell that they were loitering around, wasting their time. However, when Tilda called out to all of them, it only took them a couple of seconds for them to line up in front of her. When Tilda mentioned that they had to prepare for the incoming attack and head out as quickly as possible, she wasn't too surprised to see most of the rookies look a little bit nervous. Hesitantly the recruits began to gather their armor and weapons, while most of the veteran soldiers were already prepared to move out and walked straight out of the barracks. Luckily, Tilda managed to catch Sana before she left the barracks, as the tall and impressively build woman looked down at her curiously. "Commander?" Sana asked confused, wondering why she was held back, but after listening to Tilda's explanation, she nodded. "Yes commander!" Sana said, waiting patiently for Tilda to equip her armor and weapons, before leaving barracks together with her.

Heading back to the lieutenants office, Tilda had to make her way through waves of soldiers. Occasionally one of the soldiers would rudely bump into Tilda, staggering her a little, and most of them that bumped into her simply ignored her, while others told her to look where she going or to be aggressively told to return to her home. Tilda was never really respected by most of the men inside the army, even the other commanders had a habit of talking down to her. Unless Tilda wanted to be late, she really didn't have another choice but to growl at the men that barraged through her and simply move on. When Tilda swung open the door to Shizu's office, Shizu stood attentively in front of her desk, dressed to both fight and lead on the front lines. "Excellent, I hope that you trust her and she trusts you, because what I'm about to ask from you might sound a bit strange." Shizu said, while looking closely at both of the girls. "Which is more important to you, to protect everyone at all costs or your titles and the respect you get from others?" Shizu asked seriously to the both of them.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Tilda would find the chaos set forth by the news of the impending attack something she would rather ignore entirely. Trying to lead Sana through to the officer's area where Shizu was hopefully still waiting would prove difficult. Tilda was smaller than most everyone else in Laugar, even for a woman. Sana was probably about a good 4-6 inches taller than her if they were to stand next to each other in plain clothes. Aside from that they both had blonde hair which was fairly typical of Laugarian women. Tilda had her hair in one large braid while Sana had two braids running down her side to her waist. It was not uncommon for Laugarians to have long hair. There was no real custom or tradition behind it other than it helped to protect against the cold.

As Tilda would snarl and growl at those around her to simply get out of her way, she would finally make her way into Shizu's office. Tilda could only start to let her mind loose once she saw Shizu already dressed and ready for battle. Before Tilda could say anything, Shizu would speak. Shizu had asked Tilda a very to the point question but looking over toward Sana they would both immediately nod and answer "To protect everyone of course." Tilda would look to Sana as she would make a prounounced gesture to agree wtih what Tilda had just said. "What is it that you want to ask of us? Are we not going to the front lines? What of the rest of my unit?" Tilda would start to show a level of concern as she remembered what they had briefly talked about before with the enemy force being far too large to have just appeared in a day. Somewhat confused now herself, Tilda could only wonder what Shizu had in mind for Sana and her. Was it going to be a separate task of some kind not related to the imminent battle that was approaching? Who would lead her unit if Tilda herself was not there? Almost thinking that she needed to warn a few others as well after leaving the office, Tilda's mind started racing off as she tried to think out what she was going to do in anticipation of what Shizu was about to ask of her group. Should she try to get others to help along with Sana, as there were still a few others that Tilda might be able to sway to her side as well.

OP
Fmokou

Fmokou

Reputation score
Tilda:

"To protect!" Sana shouted out with a puffed chest, after Tilda announced her answer. The answer from both women made Shizu smile warmly, before she addressed Tilda's questions one by one. "Well, what I'm going to ask of you two might sound strange, but once I've seen the enemies forces with my own eyes, I might give you two the order to retreat and convince the elves to come to our aid. With the swiftness their army is moving out, I'm confident their army is designed to take control over all the neighboring villages, until they control the area and are completely surrounding Sthald." Shizu answered. Tilda would recognize the name Sthald as the biggest city in the surrounding area, but despite being the biggest city, the people from Sthald tend to be far more barbaric and clan based then Laugar. "Of course, with the description the scouts gave, their advance should technically die at Laugar, but I'm a bit skeptical about that." Shizu said while scratching her head.

"Either way, once I give the command for you two to retreat, they'll most definitely try to capture me for treason, and the two of you might be seen as deserters, even if you end up saving the town, you know how the people in Laugar think about backing down from a fight." Shizu warns them. "So speak up if you want to back out of this, then I'll find a replacement for you and you can fight a losing battle on the front lines." Shizu tells them with a frown, while closely inspecting them, but unless Tilda had any doubts about this, Shizu would stop staring at them like that and continue answering Tilda's questions. "For now you'll lead your troops on the front lines, and I'm not sure what will happen to your unit once you're gone and I'm captured, but feel free to assume that things won't go well for them." Shizu states without trying to hide to truth. "Now, unless you've got any questions, I'll be seeing you two at the front lines, and hopefully these worries of mine are just silly things we don't have to worry about." Shizu said with a wink and a smile.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
"Could we not develop a code of some kind? I can live with being labelled a deserter if it means saving the town in the long run. How about you, Sana?" Tilda would look over toward Sana for a moment as she needed to make her own choice as Tilda had. As Sana would mull over the decision, Tilda turned her attention back toward Shizu. "Could you reassign most of the battle ready members of my unit into the 1st and 4th infantry? If you leave me with fewer troops, I might just be able to sway more of them to come with me to Thilhonne. Perhaps I could 'evacuate' the elves out of here along with Sana and guide them bIf ack toward Thilhonne while every one else is reassigned?" Tilda did not want to doubt Shizu, but the thought of her being brought up on charges of treason made Tilda try to find other options for what they could possibly do while still putting the plan in action.

Tilda realized that Shizu was her superior officer, and there had to be a reason why she thought this way. Maybe something subtle could be done though to hide Shizu, Tilda, and Sana's intentions. Tilda would try to position herself so that her main unit was in a position where they could break off from the main force and head back into the town if need be to warn them. If she could get the citizenry out of harm's way, Tilda could then flee in the chaos off to Thilhonne with Sana she thought. If Shizu would allow this to happen however would be another thing entirely. As far as Tilda was concerned, she was willing to fall on the sword as it were in Shizu's place were things to go south in this impending attack against Laugar. Tilda always tried to have a plan going into things, but she never relied on it to a great deal.

OP
Fmokou

Fmokou

Reputation score
Sana firmly nods at Tilda's and Shizu's question. "I'll follow my commander's example no matter what and gladly become a deserter together with her if I have to!" Sana proudly stated. "O-Only for the sake of everyone else, of course!" Sana suddenly stammered out with a slight blush, and in response to that, Shizu chuckled a little. "Hmm, I'm glad to see that both of you are willing to risk everything by putting the safety of others before silly traditions, even if one of you has ulterior motives." Shizu stated amused, while Sana looked down blushing at the last part. "We could use a code, but if the captain noticed I gave you a command to retreat in code, there's no smoothing it over on my part. Of course, if nobody notices, we're set and it will give me a much easier time to escape. I'll leave the choice up to you, since I can live with being a deserter, but it must be a lot harder for you and Sana." Shizu replied with a strained smile.

"That's a lot of suggestions. You know I could just be paranoid right? Maybe the captain is right and we'll easily defeat them, according the number we will, but since we're poorly informed on their equipment and leaders, I'm just a little bit paranoid about it. First of all, the bigger your squad is, the harder it will be to use the code. Nobody is going to notice a couple of people missing from the battlefield, but the captain is most definitely going to notice when a platoon retreats before the attack, and I'll have to convince the captain to make last second changes. The evacuation plan is impossible, there's no way the captain would approve us evacuation the elves when we're the favorite to win according to everyone." Shizu explained, before she made a dramatic sigh. "There's one thing we could do, I can arrange a meeting between you and the captain, and you can try to convince him to put the majority of you platoon with the other infantry while a small section of it becomes a supportive unit. Nobody will care if a supportive unit retreats into the city and it will give you the opportunity to bring more people along, if we're using the code." Shizu suggested, before grinning at Tilda. "And don't worry about convincing the captain, the captain loves petite women, and the meetings have him all worked up, I'm sure he'll love a visit from you." Shizu said with a wink.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Tilda would catch the slight waver in Sana's voice as she chimed in to affirm she was willing to go along with the plan. This was at most a backup plan since nothing felt right about the incoming attack on Laugar. Most would simply stick to their pride as warriors and not even think of anything more than fighting on the battlefield. Between Shizu and Tilda though, both had the feeling that something was not right. "I think the code might be best, it would give Sana and I the best chance to move while no one would be the wiser to it. That might just be enough of a window for us to start out on our way toward Thilhonne." Tilda would take a quick glance over toward Sana to see what she thought while Shizu would continue with the "This could all be nothing, and we will easily win." speech.

Tilda would take a bit of time to think while Shizu continued on. Maybe she could perform a maneuver of some kind where the rest of her troops would move out toward a flanking position and that would be where Sana and Tilda could then make their move. Tilda was thinking this could very well work. The order would be fairly simple, but there needed to be something else that only Tilda and Sana knew which would indicate that it was time to withdraw. With Shizu mentioning the captain, a thick air would start to hover over Tilda as the mere mention of that pig of a man would make her skin crawl. Their relationship was already strained as it was, and Tilda would almost half want to take part of the meeting only to resign her position. They could not possibly deal with a deserter knowing the attention was being placed on the impending attack on Laugar. "If you make it an order... I will go see him. Otherwise I think this should only be a conversation for this room and the three of us." Tilda would say after hesitating a bit during the first portion of it. Looking over toward Sana, Tilda would ask her point blank what she thought of all this. Were Shizu and Tilda both just out of their minds from her point of view, or could they be onto something?

OP
Fmokou

Fmokou

Reputation score
"Don't worry. I won't give you such an order. I don't like to abuse my position to make life easier, though sometimes I wish I did." Shizu chuckled. "But, hearing the tone of your voice, it now makes sense that you and the captain aren't closer." Shizu remarked with a slight smile. "As for the code, you'll know to retreat when I stretch with my open hands before the fight starts. I'll be sure to be close enough to you so you can see me clearly." Shizu explained."Well, unless you've got more questions or suggestions, the both of you are dismissed." Shizu tells them, as she walks away from them and sits behind her desk, writing something down on a piece of paper.

When Tilda asked what Sana thought of this, the large woman looked a bit panicked. "Um... I... um..." Sana replied, clearly trying to find the right words. "I... I'm convinced that you'll make the right decision and if you trust what lieutenant says so will I!" Sana replied confidently, before averting her eyes a little. "B-But.. I'm not sure how I feel about leaving our platoon behind.... They're like family to me and I'll feel rotten for abandoning them." Sana replied with a soft voice. "I know that sacrifices are sometimes necessary, but I wish we didn't have to abandon them." Sana replied. Now that Shizu dismissed Tilda, she was free to move through the city as she liked. Sadly though, if Tilda wanted to change her platoon's position, she'd have to discuss it with the captain, or perhaps she could convince Shizu to go in her stead. Tilda could also tell more people in her platoon about the plan and perhaps save a couple more of them. Of course, Tilda couldn't tell everyone, since her platoon could be seen as traitors if they mass retreated into the city. Tilda could also simply return to her platoon and prepare them for combat or take a walk through the city.