What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: PbP Interest Check

If you're wondering, just count Nillien's spirit sense thing as being almost identical to sight or even weaker than it. Simply put, she has to use it instead of sight because she is self taught and therefore still has several problems casting.

If you've ever read the Wheel of Time series, think of Nillien as a wilder who has a channeling block (She can't currently cast with her eyes open and probably won't for the next few encounters).

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, we probably need an official OOC thread.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure that's what this is now that the game has started.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Hokay, Tassadar, I finally gave Alisa a description and a background. Loosely speaking, she lurves her plants, she doesn't KNOW she's a succubus (but she does like her sex), she isn't aware she's Fertile (I cheated slightly, and said there's such a thing as anti-fertility charms, so she's never been pregnant), and she may or may not be part of a group of people heading towards Artmirst.

Hope that gives you some ideas on starting her off.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good work, and I'm more than allowing that, especially because your character is from a high-magic part of the world. And her not knowing what she is is perfectly reasonable.

Edit: Also, 20 cookies to the first one that figures out where I got the name of the town from.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

no clue here never heard of Artmirst so cant guess..but i am gonna assume that since you didnt point anything out on character sheets i didnt mess mine up

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yours seems to be in order Dreana, I'm going to give you a thread as soon as I get back.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

just wanted to make sure everything was in order.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

How do rounds/time work? Like, is one player post one round for that player, then the GM post is one round for the creature, or what?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Question: if holy fire can be shaped in a twenty foot radius burst, why is the cone only one fourth of that size? I mean: the cone is twenty feet long and 90 degrees in an arc as opposed to a ball of flame forty feet wide. Wouldn't the cone be around thirty to fourty feet long if it uses the same amount of flame?.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@ Goldstein: Yes. One post = One round.

@ Pheonix: Thank you for pointing that out, double the effective reach of the cone.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Two more things:

Given that you have 9 character sheets now, you may want to consider putting at least a temporary hold so that you don't get overwhelmed.

Also,
She slowed considerably as she saw a lone wolf up ahead, peering intently at the road. She effortlessly snuck up behind the creature, stopping when she got within ten feet, as she noticed that there was something very... wrong... with the creature. It's eyes glowed red, visible even though she was behind it, there were short, wriggling protrusions extending from various places on its hide. she was downwind of it, and she could smell the rotting meat on its breath, along with something... strange.
Is that what I think it is?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I might, but I haven't yet got overwhelmed.

And no, I'm saving those for later. This is just a piddly enemy, as are all the enemies I've had people encounter so far.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes. All player characters are female.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am now efforting an actual bio.
I am now effecting an aversion to the verbing of perfectly innocent nouns where adequate verbs already exist.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

yall have me wondering what your talking about now. Phoenix what did you think it was?

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

yall have me wondering what your talking about now. Phoenix what did you think it was?
I'm not entirely sure either. I mean, it clearly says the base animal was a wolf... but for some reason "displacer beast" came to mind.