What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: PbP Interest Check

I can't resist an interesting new forumRP... about character creation tho'. Can you take talents multiple times if it doesn't say once only? can a non-mage take natural mage? same with spirit. and uhm lesse. do you need to take natural-whatever to get a second class skill for your chosen class?
'Natural whatever' I believe can only be take by people not of that class.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can't resist an interesting new forumRP... about character creation tho'. Can you take talents multiple times if it doesn't say once only? can a non-mage take natural mage? same with spirit. and uhm lesse. do you need to take natural-whatever to get a second class skill for your chosen class?
Most of the class specific ones are once each, PM whatever you have in mind. Naturals are only for people not of that class, otherwise you can take the talents freely. In other words, a mage taking natural mage would be redundant.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I give exp when its earned. If a fight is difficult, you'll get it. Torching the tree was too easy to give you a reward besides the darkheart.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I just mean that most of the fights so far haven't given any which is why I was asking.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh. I just give it whenever I get around to it, though I try to put it at the end of an encounter rather than the beginning of another.
Now that you mention it, I did forget to give some to xivvix. Everyone else who hasn't gotten any experience is still in encounter.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

gotta say yay for being able to releive some violent tendancies and murder something.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

What do you want to bet Shadowcat's about to assassinate one of the "theoretically good" NPCs?

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

she most liekly wouldnt care if its a theoretically good npc. if she can sneak up on them and kill them in an easy strike like that she wouldnt want their help.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's the guy from GoldGolems thread, and even Shadowcat can't do enough damage in one turn to kill him, sneak attack included. :D

Though he might be pretty pissed off at her.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

gonna make me have to check his thread now arnt you just to see what i'm getting into.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You just got barely higher than his perception on your stealth check the first time. You rolled a 20 and he rolled a 19. I think you were maybe about 3-5 points higher.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

well he is an important npc and she is an assassin barely surpassing checks is what its gonna take for high profile people.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That was the first one, he made the second one by 6. It was a 15 for him vs an 8 on your stealth roll.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

i'm not worried about the difference in rolls you said he was important anyways so perhaps not scoring the attack will benefit things in the long run.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, he's one of two people that I plan to have pull someones ass out of the fire if they get in over their heads.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

see good thing he didnt get his throat ripped out.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Can Elea use Blessing or Binding in the same turn that she attacks? If not, can she use those powers and use the defensive fighting style in the same turn?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's one action per turn, but she can use Blessing one turn and then attack or use Binding the next, without alerting the enemy so long as she makes her stealth check both rounds.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I see. Then I believe I will edit my last post, if it's not too late.