OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Alexandra (Termite)

HP = 50, PP = 40, EP = 42, Status = Pregnant

"Yes... Yes of course." Creshnibon replied, seemingly still stunned by Aescila's blunt words. "I'll.... I'll see who I can round up.... Right." She continued, staring off into space for a moment, but Kimi, seeing the naga so distraught, suddenly snapped her fingers right under Creshnibon's nose. The naga matriarch was startled, and shook her head briefly before saying; "Right! Sorry about that. You're right, Alex. We're not even going to be facing a full force... just leftovers. We shouldn't have much trouble this time around."

With a nod, Creshnibon left, Kimi glaring after her for a moment before turning back to Alexandra and Aescila. "Alright, I'll go along with Aes." She turned to the demon-angel, and continued; "But along the way, you'd better explain to me just what the hell happened." Kimi began walking off, and Aescila simply smiled and turned to briefly look Alex in the eyes. After a moment, she said; "We'll do alright. I'll see you in a little bit." She stepped forward and pulled Alexandra into a tight embrace, and kissed her lightly on the lips, before the black-winged angel turned and strolled after Kimizyrex.

That left Alex to find the faerie knight who was mustering his kindred to help them retake the village. It didn't take her very long, though that should have come as little surprise really. He was at the edge of the camp, organizing a small army of assorted faerie-kind, all of whom were armed up and nearly ready for combat. The knight, still dressed in ornate golden armor, was speaking to another knight in a more simple version of the same gear when Alex spotted him, and their conversation ended as she approached. He turned toward her as she approached, his face still hidden beneath his helmet, and bowed slightly. "Ma'am. Good day again. Are you and yours prepared to march? I have amassed all who were willing to go among my kind, but I am sorry to say the aid of mortalkind, even those such as yourself who are not fully human, is not high on the priority list of the Courts. I could only call to those that were personally loyal to me, and those who were not in favor of any of the local lords."

He sighed, the way that his helmet slightly warped his voice making the sound slightly louder than it normally might have been, and then continued; "I was called Haedrin by my mother. You may call me by that name as well. You are Alexandra, correct?"

Current Forces
Hurray for strategy minigames!

Alex
Haedrin (Knight Commander)
6 fey knights (heavy infantry)
2 trolls (heavy infantry)
20 kobolds (light infantry)
10 gruffs (light infantry)
12 satyrs (scouts)
4 fey sorceresses (support mages)

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Creshnibon's rather unsettling behavior was causing the green dragon to reconsider just how well things would work, but a moment later Kimi's intervention had the sorceress snapping out of whatever shock was deluding her senses. The Matriarch hurried off following that, and as she left Alex noticed her cousin giving the naga a rather impressive glare. It made the dragoness smile, and she practically beamed down at the draconic mage when the girl turned back toward Aes and herself. Kimi's assertiveness refused to falter, and in no uncertain terms she practically ordered the demon-angel to explain what had happened before walking off. "Farewell, cousin." Even if the girl was acting somewhat like a little hellion Alex was still quite amused. It was good to see a sister show some pride.

This left Alex and Aes all by their relative lonesome, and as she turned to look at her angel she found the beauty staring up at her with an intense look that she was quickly making her own. It was a little intimidating to be looked at so intently even if it was from a lover, and the dragon couldn't help but blush a little at her newfound nervousness. It only grew as Aes pulled her into a tight embrace, but the kiss that followed brought her a sense of ease that remained as the woman pulled away and left to follow the yellow dragon into the camp. A mix of emotions left Alex stunned as she watched her lover walk off, but eventually she straightened herself and nearly shone with pride. She had claimed a hybrid between demon and angel, probably the very first, and she would give birth to a creature unlock anything the world had ever known. She knew that the world was going to change, and even if it took a few generations to do so she knew she would be the direct cause. Not bad for the runt, wouldn't you say so, Father?

Even with her pride stroking her own ego Alex understood that she had a job to do, so she left to find the knight who would be leading the Fey in the push to reclaim the Hidden Village. It didn't take long to find him as his men, and though seeing them nearly ready to march was a rather sobering thought it still wasn't enough to sour her good mood. "Well met, Sir Knight." She answered his greeting and listened to him speak, and it served to confirm just how selfish some of the faerie lords could be at such a time. "I'm sorry to say that we aren't quite prepared to march, but Matriarch Creshnibon is organizing volunteers as we speak. We should be ready soon." With that she looked toward the amassed force. Even if it was nowhere near as large as could be hoped Alex knew full well how capable the Fey could be when pressed. She turned to each and every creature, and should they turn toward her she would give them a solemn nod as they stood ready.

"Yes, I am Alexandra, daughter to the dragon Aureus. As such I feel I should be frank with you, Sir Haedrin. I've seen the people from the Hidden Village fight, and impressive as they are they do not possess the same flare for organization that the Fey do. So I am here to act as liaison and to try and buy some time for my people to prepare themselves for the march ahead. I do not wish to waste your time, either, so I come seeking information. I've seen the invaders first hand, and I've clashed with a few different types. But I have a feeling that there are more than just the stalking reptiles and the tentacled abominations that travel with the giant muscled behemoths. Do you know what kind of creatures we will be facing? And have any of them shown a penchant for strategy beyond simply overwhelming their opponents with numbers?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Many of the fey were too busy preparing for the march to the hidden village to even notice Alex, but one of the trolls at least glanced in her direction, and even returned her solemn nod as it hefted a small tree in one of its fists. "Well met, half-dragon." The knight replied after Alex had delivered her greeting, and extended his hand for her to shake.

Regardless of whether or not Alexandra took it, after her explanation of her purpose, he calmly responded; "You and your people can take as long as you need, but only that long. There wouldn't be any point in going without your people, but the longer that we wait, the less chance we'll have of finding any survivors with their mind's intact.

"The creatures you've mentioned are mostly the scouts and infantry of our enemies. We have seen other beings as well, puddles of slime that are capable of using magic, as well as the apparent leaders of the invaders, alien beings that float under some unnatural power. Some of those left at your village have also been... Turned. Their souls are gone, we don't know where or how, but they cannot be recovered, and will attack us as vigorously as the enemy that took them. Many of our kind have met a similar fate, so you will not be alone in slaying your own fallen kin today." He concluded, a slight bitterness in his voice.

After Alexandra had a moment to respond, he pointed behind her and said; "It looks like you won't be needing much time after all. " A glance in that direction revealed that Aescila and Kimi were approaching her, with another group following behind them... Save for one vaguely familiar figure, now dressed in skin tight leather rather than a flowing gown. "La! Such a pleasure to see you again, oh great green scaly one! I heard that thou were going upon a ramble, and decided that I might like to join you. I pray that thee will not be bothered by my presence!" Lady Albatross said as she strolled up to Alex and suddenly wrapped her in a hug, kissing both cheeks lightly. "She insisted." Aescila said simply, though the black-winged angel was smiling as she watched the faerie lord embrace Alex.

A small group of other fey joined the contingent that was preparing to depart with them to the hidden village, their numbers swelling to more than fifty with the addition of those Kimi and Aescila had gathered. Only a short ways behind them, Creshnibon came, leading the handful of survivors from the Hidden Village. There weren't many, and most weren't ready for combat, but a handful stepped forward to join the ones who would fight. "That looks like everyone we're going to get. You get your people settled, and let me know when you're ready to get underway." Haedrin said, pointedly ignoring Lady Albatross. With that, the knight bowed slightly, and moved off to stand amongst his troops, handing out orders in a calm, quiet voice.

Alex was left with the decision on whether she wanted to leave now, or speak to some of her allies before setting out. Kimi looked appeased, and Aescila was smiling, silent yet utterly confident. Creshnibon still looked slightly despondent, but her mood had improved at least slightly. Lady Albatross, dressed as she was in skin tight black, was drawing a lot of stares from among her kinsmen, but the strange faerie lord didn't seem to mind overly much, if she noticed at all. Alex couldn't precisely tell with her, given that she was currently staring off into space, a perfectly serene smile on her face.

Current Forces
Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)
Kimizyrex (dragon firemage)
Creshnibon (naga matriarch, master wizard)
Lady Albatross (Fey Lord)

1 necromancer (support spirit wielder)
2 spirit warriors (attack spirit wielders)
5 battle mages (attack mages)
3 trolls (heavy infantry)
26 kobolds (light infantry)
12 gruffs (light infantry)
16 satyrs (scouts)
6 fey sorceresses (support mages)

12 refugees (noncombatants)

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So there were other creatures to worry about. Slimes capable of magic and unnatural alien monstrosities that floated under some unholy power. But the talk of those that had turned put a damper on the dragon's mood. These creatures also had the power to feast on a person's soul, and to hear that those in the Village were mindless creatures who would attack on sight meant that the refugees would have to deal with some rather horrific sights once the battle began. Alex's mind turned to the mercenary she had left in favor of the Matriarch. Was she captured? Was her soul ripped from her body just to feed those abominations? And what of her daughter? And what would have happened if Alex's pride kept her from seeking the naga's aid? They could have all been there this moment, mindless bodies working solely on instinct and waiting for...

Those thoughts were distracting, and the warrior banished them in an instant. She had no need to worry about what-if's and the consequences of her actions. "This is going to be a grave day. Let's pray that both our peoples prove more resilient than we both expect."

The sudden mention time not truly being needed had Alex turning to to see another group approaching, and leading the way were her cousin, her lover, and a familiar butterfly lord that quickly approached to introduce herself. "The pleasure is mine, butterfly mai-" Whatever pleasantries the scaly one was preparing were cut short once the Lady Albatross chose to embrace the woman and deliver a welcoming kiss to each cheek, and to say that Alex was caught off guard would be an understatement. She was quite literally at a loss for what to do with such a greeting, and with Aes simply smiling a few feet away the dragon was left to flounder through a response. "Yes... um... well..." Stammering wasn't helping in the least, might as well be truthful. "Surprised as I am... Your company is still greatly appreciated, Lady Albatross." This was definitely going to be far more interesting...

After the initial surprise of the Fey lord's embrace Creshnibon could be spied approaching with refugees from the Hidden Village, and though only a few stepped forward to join the fight it was still good to see that people were willing to help in any way they could. "If you'll please excuse me." The dragon withdrew herself from the faerie lady's attention and approached the final group, a couple questions asked to learn what skills both the combatants and the refugees possessed. But once that was done she returned to the small group of people she knew. They all seemed prepared in their own way, though Creshnibon's mood was a bit suspect. "Matriarch." Though she wasn't being loud enough to catch everyone's attention those nearby would clearly hear what Alex was preparing to say. "When it comes time for battle I want you to make sure the refugees are safe. I'm not asking you to forsake the fight, but even though they may not join I feel their help will be key in reclaiming our home. Can you do this?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Still beaming, the Lady replied; "Think nothing of it dear!" Then, she released Alexandra and sauntered off, not a care in the world.

Creshnibon turned her head to gaze at Alexandra at the mention of her title, and then nodded at Alex's request. "Yes. I intended to do as such anyway. We must protect them, but there will be many distractions when the battle is joined. I will do all that I can to see that the invaders do not reach them." She replied, her words decisive and firm despite retaining hints of her earlier moroseness.

Unless Alex had anything else that needed doing, it was likely time to leave.

~~~~~~~~~​

The walk back through the woods was directed in surprising speed and efficiency once Alexandra gave the go ahead to get moving. Aescila stood by her side, smiling serenely as she strode through the trees. Not one of the fey made a sound as they moved through the woods either, not even the trolls. In fact, Alex might never have known that any of them were there, save for the fact that she saw one or more of them from time to time. Her other, more normal (and that was saying something, considering that they were mostly demons) allies following along behind her.

The hours dragged on, but they arrived soon enough at the border of their village. Haedrin was waiting for her, standing at ease, leaning against a tree, but he stood at attention when she and Aescila approached. Bowing to the angel despite her blackened wings, Haedrin then did the same to Alexandra before saying; "Our scouts have just returned, Lady Aescila and Lady Alexandra. We have information on the enemy positioning, as well as rough estimates on their numbers. There are more than we had suspected, but not as many as we had feared might remain. They've re-purposed some of the structures in the village, and are using their captured victims to produce more of themselves. Here... I'll show you."

Haedrin drew a mark in the air, and a map appeared before the two of them, formed of pure light. It showed not only their own positions and numbers, but those of all of the enemies that the scouts had found within the village....

Allies
Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

16 satyrs (scouts)

Axis
4 elder lords
2 dark slimes
1 triad

70 grey slimes
120 grabber spawn
60 adult grabbers
30 elder grabbers
30 hunters
3 duos

25 turned (being used to breed more monsters)

Those are the total numbers. This is why I wish I wasn't too lazy to make maps for things. >.>

The groupings are as follows:
Group 1, just East of Alexandra's position and on the outskirts of the village.
2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Group 2, on the Southern edge of the village, along the outskirts of the village.
4 hunters
10 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
20 grey slimes

Group 3, on the Western edge of the village, along the outskirts of the village.
4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

Group 4, patrolling around the outskirts of the village, going between groups 1, 2 and 3.
10 hunters
10 elder grabbers

Group 5, within the village square and far away from the groups on the outskirts.
1 elder lord
1 dark slime
10 elder grabbers
10 grabber spawn
5 hunters
10 grey slimes
2 duos

Group 6, within the village, close to group 1, in the tavern
1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

Group 7, within the village, close to group 2, in a wrecked house
3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

Group 8, within the village, close to group 3, around a storehouse
40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

Group 9, on the northern edge of the village, along the shore of the lake
1 elder lord
45 grey slimes

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The arrival into familiar lands was quite easily noticed by Alex. It was one of the things she noticed as she tried to keep track of the Fey as they flitted amongst the shadows and cover of the forest they so loved, but as they came closer to their destination the knight Haedrin presented himself and welcomed both dragon and angel. Alex bowed as he had, and she said nothing as he presented the information that the scouts had gathered. She listened intently and never interrupted until he had finished, and even then she seemed to ponder the situation as she stared at the drawn map. The numbers were study, and a couple quick questions were asked to learn just what the difference was between the different types that occupied the Village.

With all the information finally digested Alex finally decided to speak. "A frontal assault is obviously out, we don't have the numbers to withstand their counterattack." Though she was stating the obvious she still continued, the musing out loud helping to keep her thoughts organized while allowing anyone else to correct a mistake and offer any advice should they see fit. "So we'll need to try and reduce those numbers without alerting any of the other forces. We could do this by luring them from their positions into an ambush. Our best bet would be to attack this group here..." A finger gets pointed at the Group 2. "...and time it so the patrolling group returns once our work is done. If we can do that without alerting the others then we can split our forces and work towards these other groups to do the same." This time she motions towards Groups 1 and 2. If this plan went as she saw it this would greatly reduce the offensive power of these aliens while leaving the more dangerous threats still within the Village to be dealt with at the Allies discretion. Even if the enemy only sent a few units toward them their number would still be reduced, and this would leave it far easier for the mages and spirit wielders to launch their own artillery toward these monsters.

"But this group right here..." The half-dragon's attention turned toward the North of the village and the Elder Lord and the myriad slimes that seemed to surround him. Based on what she learned the Elders were to be considered the artillery and the commanders of the invaders' army. "It's such an enticing target." If even one of those beings was cut down it would surely cripple the opposition's strength. "So I propose we send a small unit to strike them. I will lead that unit, and I'd like you to come with me." Alex turned her head toward the necromancer that had joined with Creshnibon. "You have the capacity to keep an enemy from using magic and spirit, correct? That should be enough to render that thing useless, and that should make it easy enough for myself and a few other volunteers to mop up the rest."

She took a few more moments to look at the still glimmering map, but after a while she could think of nothing else to add. "Does anyone else wish to add anything?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 50, PP = 40, EP = 42, Status = Pregnant

(I made a mistake last time. Group 1 is West of Alex, not East. They're on the Eastern edge of the town. It's fixed in the post below.)

Haedrin, Creshnibon and Aescila listened intently to Alexandra's words, while Lady Albatross stared off into space, uninterested in what was being said by all appearances. When Alex presented her plan to go after the group to the South and then ambush the patrol, Creshnibon spoke first; "We'd best avoid using any magics in the early stages. Even if the enemy has no ability to sense our workings, which I found doubtful, then the explosions will surely alert them to our presence. We cannot hope to survive a direct confrontation with these beings, at least not until we've thinned their numbers greatly. Our abilities will become exhausted long before we can go through all of their numbers."

Haedrin nodded, and replied; "Right... So no pyrotechnics then." Then, listening to the other part of her plan (the necrokancer looked startled when she was addressed, but nodded at Alexandra's question,) the knight held his hand up to his chin for a moment, and then replied; "You would be totally exposed out there, along the shore of the lake. The group here, in the very center (Group 5) would be able to see you, and might intervene. And even if you can keep the enemy caster from using any powers, you might be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers... You should-" He was cut off as Aescila raised a hand for him to stop, and the knight fell silent and allowed her to say; "Those able to use magic from our village will assist me in eradicating the slimes, allowing Alexandra to assault their leader. We will be done quickly, and will retreat to the edge of the forest before pursuit can reach us." She spoke with utmost confidence that what she said was how it would happen, and the knight accepted that with a nod.

"Still, there is another of the floating creatures within that square, and it might be able to strike from afar. I would advise that we hold that assault until those foes on the outskirts have been destroyed. Those involved in your assault are not suited to strike from stealth anyway, and that will allow us to provide a distraction for you. That way, while you're eliminating the force on the beach, we can draw some of those within the village into a trap in the woods to the South." He said, and then turned to Lady Albatross, who was now staring at him with a very strange look upon the already strange woman's face. "Milady, might I beg your assistance in laying such a trap? You are renowned for your guile, and your aid will surely serve to ensure success."

The faerie lady grinned like a wolf at the knight's words, and bowed before replying, in a honeyed tone; "Ahhh, but of course! I would love to entertain these guest... And I am sure that I can conjure some way to thank them appropriately for their behavior up until now." At that, Haedrin simply nodded, though Aescila did not look pleased for some reason. The knight turned back to Alexandra and said; "I will have a signal prepared to tell you when to strike. You will know it when you see it. When you have eliminated those to the North, you must move with all haste to return to the South, as we will need as many able bodies we can get against such numbers, traps or no traps. Many of these creatures are unintelligent, and if we can eliminate those among them capable of strategy, such as the floating ones and the lizards, we will have an easier time of eliminating them from your village. Do you have any objections to the plan as it stands now, Lady Alexandra?"

(Current plan is basically; The fey Ambush group 2, wipe it out, and then eliminate Group 4 when they swing by. At the same time, Alex, Aescila and the people from the hidden village gets into position to assault Group 9. When they've received a signal, they will attack, and at the same time Haedrin and co will assault Groups 7 and 5, trying to draw them out of the village and into a trap to the South. Groups 2 and 3 will be eliminated at the same time, silently. After that, Alex and co will head South, to help with the big ambush if they can get there in time.)

Allies
Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

16 satyrs (scouts)

Axis
4 elder lords
2 dark slimes
1 triad

70 grey slimes
120 grabber spawn
60 adult grabbers
30 elder grabbers
30 hunters
3 duos

Those are the total numbers. This is why I wish I wasn't too lazy to make maps for things. >.>

Group 1, just West of Alexandra's position and on the outskirts of the village.
2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Group 2, on the Southern edge of the village, along the outskirts of the village.
4 hunters
10 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
20 grey slimes

Group 3, on the Western edge of the village, along the outskirts of the village.
4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

Group 4, patrolling around the outskirts of the village, going between groups 1, 2 and 3.
10 hunters
10 elder grabbers

Group 5, within the village square and far away from the groups on the outskirts.
1 elder lord
1 dark slime
10 elder grabbers
10 grabber spawn
5 hunters
10 grey slimes
2 duos

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

1 elder lord
45 grey slimes

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Dragon's Day Off (Termite)

"No, no objections." Though it didn't show on her face or in her voice Alex had noticed her lover's displeasure. It was a curious reaction to seeing the equally curious Lady Albatross nearly begging to be put to use in her own special way, so why would it bother Aescila so? That question was on the dragon's mind as she bowed to the fey commander and the lady, and it stayed there as she started leading her tactical strike squad into position. It was only when they had made some good distance that Alex finally spoke. "Aes, did she truly bother you?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 65, PP = 48, EP = 51, Status = Pregnant

Rolls
Between this post and your next one, I'll be determining whether Alexandra's plan for phase 1 went without any complications. For now, this is just an RP post, but next will be the start of the battle.
Good luck! :D
I don't know why I called this rolls.

"Very well." Haedrin replied once Alex had said that she had no objections, and returned her bow. Lady Albatross watched him throughout the gesture, and as he rose he hesitantly added; "Good luck to you, Lady Alexandra and Lady Aescila." The faerie woman simply nodded to Alex's bow, the look on her face not quite disdainful but not truly close to any other expression that Alex could name. Her voice was even and held an amount of respect that belied her facial expression, however, as she said; "I shall see you again soon, my fair maidens."

Alexandra and Aescila split off from the main battlegroup shortly after their meeting adjourned, the more offensively bent casters from the Hidden Village following along behind them. They weren't stealthy, but Aesilca assured them that needn't worry about being detected as they moved through the woods, and Alex trusted something in her lover's tone when she said it that that was the truth.

When Alex finally asked her question of Aescila, the black-winged angel shook her head and said; "Bothered... Isn't the right word. She's on our side, at least for now, but Dina's memories of Lady Albatross are... Not all positive ones. She's very manipulative, and that she pays such attentions on Haedrin makes me think that all will not be well for the knight, even if he makes it out of this battle alive."

The woods around them were quiet, and they made it into position without any problems arising. From their spot at the edge of the woods, they could see the being floating just above the shore of the lake, and the dozens of mobile slimes all moving around it along the sands of the beech. They still couldn't tell what exactly it was doing, but many of its tentacles had descended into the water. All they had to do now was wait for the signal.

Allies
Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

16 satyrs (scouts)

Alex's current group
Alex
Aescila
1 necromancer
5 battle mages
2 spirit warriors

Axis
4 elder lords
2 dark slimes
1 triad

70 grey slimes
120 grabber spawn
60 adult grabbers
30 elder grabbers
30 hunters
3 duos

2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

4 hunters
10 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
20 grey slimes

4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

10 hunters
10 elder grabbers

1 elder lord
1 dark slime
10 elder grabbers
10 grabber spawn
5 hunters
10 grey slimes
2 duos

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

1 elder lord
45 grey slimes

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With Aescila's answer floating through her head Alex remained quiet for a moment. While Haedrin may have initially been against the drive to reclaim the Village his commitment to that cause appeared sound and resolute. As far as the dragon warrior could tell he was a right and honorable man, so no matter how intriguing or mysterious Lady Albatross had been Alex truly hoped that he would fair well. "I guess even the fey nobility isn't above deception and deceit. But I feel that he's a good man. There's bound to be someone in authority as honorable as he, and no matter how he may be used he should be treated with the appropriate respect he deserves."

As the group finally found their position Alex took note of the enemy. It was a rather odd behavior to see him bathing his tentacles in the lake, but considering all the mobile little sludge pools surrounding him maybe he was creating them. Or maybe he was poisoning the water. Or maybe it was something as innocent as merely cleaning himself. Either way it wouldn't really matter. He'd be dead in the next few minutes. "All right, I want everyone to listen. When the signal is given I will be the first to run out. I don't want anyone to follow me immediately. It won't do any good if he spots everyone and sends those slimes en masse to overwhelm you or just bombs us all from where he is. So I will act as a distraction. I'll draw their attention away from this spot and give you time to prepare. After I've gained some ground act as you see fit. Once I've engaged them don't worry about trying to avoid hitting me. I'm surprisingly resilient when it comes to magic. Understood?" She looked to each member of her squad, her eyes searching for any hesitation and encouraging that member to speak up. Once everyone was in agreement she turned all her attention toward her primary target. "Let's get ready."

Distance to targets?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 65, PP = 48, EP = 51, Status = Pregnant

Rolls
Phase 1 Pass/Fail: Pass, with complications. Some losses were suffered.
Groups 2 and 4 were wiped out. One gruff, three kobolds, and two satyrs were lost.

Alex has 150 feet between herself and the elder lord, with roughly a third of the slimes between her and her target. The closest lsimes are about 100 feet away. Include her movement in your next post, if possible, as well as any appropriate attack bonuses for your first hit.

Aecila didn't seem so sure, but nodded to Alexandra's words. "It'll all work itself out, I'm sure." Was all that she said on the matter.

Her fellows nodded to Alex's plan, and the necromancer lifted her hood to say; "I can keep him from using magic from here, so I can stay in cover. I'd really like to not be by myself though." Several of the other women with them nodded, and one said; "We can hit them from the trees as well, so maybe we should spread out? After our first barrage, he might not be distracted enough by you, and we don't want to all get hit by the first retaliatory strike. We could all be within sight of each other, so we could watch each other's backs." The others, including Aescila agreed, and the black winged angel said; "If you get in too far over your head, I'll come to help, but until then I'll be back here covering everyone, alright? Don't get yourself in over your head... Especially if you end up in the water. That armor isn't buoyant."

A few moments later, the casters had all spread out among the woods, with Aescila almost directly behind Alex, and the signal was given. An explosion near the center of the village was likely as close to a signal as one could expect, at least, and the elder lord on the beach withdrew its tentacles from the water and turned to look. It couldn't be said whether the slimes were equally distracted, but they had momentarily stopped moving. It was time to move.

Allies
Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

23 kobolds (light infantry)
11 gruffs (light infantry)
14 satyrs (scouts)

Alex's current group
Alex
Aescila
1 necromancer
5 battle mages
2 spirit warriors

Axis
4 elder lords
2 dark slimes
1 triad

50 grey slimes
110 grabber spawn
50 adult grabbers
20 elder grabbers
16 hunters
3 duos

2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Wiped out.

4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

Wiped out.

1 elder lord
1 dark slime
10 elder grabbers
10 grabber spawn
5 hunters
10 grey slimes
2 duos

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

1 elder lord
45 grey slimes

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With everyone stating that they could still stay within cover to debilitate and bomb the enemy Alex felt a little relieved. The longer they could stay hidden the more likely their survival, and if they were going to do this then Alex wanted this to be perfect. Destroy this unit without losing a single ally. She wasn't going to settle for anything less.

With everyone moving into their new positions Alex only had to wait a few more seconds for her signal. An explosion could be seen and felt rising from the center of the village, and it caused everyone to look. It was doubtful that the slimes themselves could actually see anything given that they were nothing more than puddles of goo without any eyes, but the fact that they stopped meant they sensed it somehow. The enemy was distracted, and Alex pounced on that chance she needed to gain some ground. She started running out, her body kept low as possible to try and keep her sudden leap into action from being noticed by her target, and as all her senses focused on the floating abomination she only had one single thought: These things won't even touch me.

Stat Sheet for easy reference

Move forward and activate Dragon's Pride at X=5 (Costs 6 EP and 1 HP, Upkeep = 2)
- Dodge +20, which will become 78 (+10 vs Magic/Powers)
- Resistance +20, which will become 47 (44 Natural) (+10 vs Magic/Powers/Succubus)

If the enemies don't notice or aren't within range move forward and activate Draconic Transformation at X=2 (Costs 2 EP, Upkeep = 0)
- Melee Accuracy +6, which will become d20 + 60
- Sword Damage +6, which will become 2d6 + 33
- Shield Damage +6, which will become 3d6 + 39
- Grapple +6, which will become d20 + 57
- Armor +2, which will become 21

If a straight line is open use running at 4x Speed to close the distance to the Elder Lord until he's within 36 ft
- Speed will be 72 in this instance

If no straight line is open use movement at 2x Speed to close to within 36 ft
- Speed here will be 36

If a path is available to do so use Skill: Charge to attack the Elder Lord
- Accuracy +4, which becomes d20 + 58 (d20 + 64 if DT is used)
- Damage +4, which becomes 2d6 + 31 and 3d6 + 27 (2d6 + 37 and 3d6 + 33 if DT is used)
- Dodge -10, which becomes 68 (+10 vs Magic/Spells)

If there is no open path then move forward and use Skill: Defensive Stance to gain distance with Fighting Defensively at 10:10
- Speed is 18
- Dodge +20, which becomes 98 (+10 vs Magic/Powers)
- Accuracy -10, which becomes d20 + 44 (d20 + 50 if DT is used)

Unless there's some kind of major hiccup we can go ahead and roll until the Elder Lord gets attacked by Alex. I want to see how things work up to that point.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 64/65, PP = 48, EP = 43/51, Status = Pregnant, Dragons Pride X = 5, Draconic Transformation X = 2

Rolls
Casting (Aescila) : Success.
Alex has gained 16 * 5 = +80 Body.

Casting (Sorc) : Success.
Attack: Hit 'em all! Except for Alex.
Damage: 6 + 1 + 5 + 2 = 14 * 4 = 56/2 = 28 damage!
You've got 5 casters, so we'll say that they can hit 10 slimes per explosion, and overlap their blasts a little to cover Alex. I'd say they take out 15 slimes.

Attack (Spirit Warriors) : Hit 'em again!
Damage: 2 + 3 = 5 * 10 = 50/2 = 25 damage!
Same basic idea. Another 10 slimes!

Attacks (Alex on elder lord, using Charge) : Both hit!
Damage (Sword) : 1 + 6 + 37 - 4 = 40 damage.
Damage (Bash) : 1 + 4 + 1 + 33 - 4 = 35 damage.

Elder Lord attempts to cast a spell, fails, takes 3 x 5 = 15 damage!

Its taken exactly 90 damage so far.

Attack (Haedrin) : He has successfully glomped an Elder Lord.
Due to Haste, he gets another turn!
Grapple: Haedrin wins!
Attacks: All three hit.
Damage: 7 + 4 + 30 + 30 + 10 - 4 = 77 * 3 = 231 damage. Splat goes the elder lord.

Attack (Knights) : 6 hits.
Damage: 4 + 12 + 46 + 30 = 92 * 2 = 184 damage.
The dark slime, three hunters and the duos from group 5 have been killed.

The invaders on the side of the lake seemed very distracted as Alex began to advance toward them, moving as fast as she could. Something seemed to be on her side this time, as she advanced unimpeded until she was almost on top of them, at which point some of the slimes seemed to start toward her. The dragoness didn't stop in her run, her shield and sword in her hand, and it was as she was about to slow to a more cautious pace as she met the mobile puddles that the explosions started. Balls of flame erupted on either side of where she was headed, and Alex raised her shield and edged toward one, passing through it without suffering any ill effects.

The chaos erupted in full before her, but Alexandra was like an unstoppable force moving through it. Whenever anything came close to touching her, magical flames or orbs of pure energy exploded to either side of her, causing many of the slimes in her path to dissolve completely and the rest so shy away lest they be destroyed. Her target didn't notice her charge until she was barely more than ten feet away from it, and that was far too late. As it turned toward her, Alex leaped toward it, her shield leading.

Despite the difference in mass between the two of them, the being she was up against being at least three times her size, when her shield slammed into its body, the floating monstrosity almost tumbled from the air, being carried back by that half-dragon's momentum almost twenty feet. Alex landed on her feet smoothly, and her sword lashed out at the tentacles writhing in front of her. Her blade sliced smoothly through the slimy writhing mass of flesh, and two dozen of the vile appendages landed on the ground, still twitching as the thing tried to recover. It attempted to cast a spell, but a cloud of blackness welled around its head, and its magic was rebounded back onto it.

At the same time, out of the corner of her eye, Alexandra could see something happening in the village square. She didn't have time to get a good view, but she could see a number of glowing objects moving at incredible speeds. Six of them glowed a bright golden color, and fanned out throughout the small horde of invaders that were within the square. One was bright red, and that one she could see almost fully, as it rocketed directly into the alien lord like a crimson bullet. The thing rocked back, a glowing being practically attached to its head as it leaned precariously backwards, until chunks of it started flying aside, rather quickly including everything above the neck. It collapsed fully, and the glowing begins began retreating back the way they had come, the red one lagging behind slightly and practically within the alien's grasp. The invaders were in an uproar all around the village, but one of their leaders had just been killed, so their response time seemed like it would be slow enough to allow the distraction force to escape.... Hopefully.

Whatever the case, Alex and her foe would not be receiving any interference, and the slimes were all still too far away for any of them to attack Alex. That would likely change swiftly, so she needed to end this fight as soon as she could, before the puddles could close in on her. Her allies were likely preparing another barrage of magic to keep them away, and with it still reeling from her first strikes at it and its magic having failed the being before her was vulnerable. All she had to do now was finish it off.

Allies
Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

14 satyrs (scouts)

Alex's current group
Alex
Aescila
1 necromancer
5 battle mages
2 spirit warriors

Axis
3 elder lords
1 dark slimes
1 triad

25 grey slimes
110 grabber spawn
50 adult grabbers
20 elder grabbers
13 hunters
1 duos

2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Wiped out.

4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

Wiped out.

10 elder grabbers
10 grabber spawn
2 hunters
10 grey slimes

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

1 elder lord
20 grey slimes

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She ran straight through a veritable army of living slime. She rushed headlong through a number of explosions that would have left lesser men little more than piles of ash. She tapped into her latent powers, and she used them to strike a floating abomination clean out of the air and left it struggling to recover as it landed in a pile of spindly limbs and writhing tentacles. Alex should have been thrilled she managed to accomplish all that without so much as a single scratch, but after only a cursory glance toward the rushing golden lights and the single red streak that completely obliterated another of the Elders the dragon simply turned her attention back to the one that she crippled. It looked helpless. Pathetic. Almost unworthy of being rundown by a creature not even half its side. But that didn't matter one bit. Alex had come for a single purpose, and after a few quick steps to bring herself closer her shield and sword arms crossed in front of her body. In the next moment they would cross once more, and if the cut was clean her sword would decapitate this thing while her shield smashed it in the face and send its head rolling elsewhere for the time being. And if that wasn't enough she would just have to do it again until that monstrosity was finally dead.

Once her task was complete Alex ran back toward the slimes. She would need to pass through their ranks to rejoin her allies, but she also had to make sure that none of them followed her back to the more vulnerable members of her squad. Anything that appeared to still survive would face her shield splitting through its mass while her sword carved through another, and only once the last of this group was destroyed would she rendezvous with her group and head back South to the main army. After that it would be time to clear out what remained in the Village.

Attack the Elder Lord until its dead.

Run back toward the casters and pick off all remaining slimes on the way.

Reconvene with everyone else and return to the Fey army to continue the assault.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 64/65, PP = 48, EP = 39/51, Status = Pregnant, Dragons Pride X = 5, Draconic Transformation X = 2

Rolls
Attacks (some more hot Alex on elder lord action) : Both hit!
Damage (Sword) : 3 + 2 + 33 - 4 = 34 damage.
Damage (Bash) : 5 + 4 + 3 + 29 - 4 = 37 damage.
Dead! Alex runs back through the slimes!

Casting (Sorc) : Success.
Attack: Hit 'em all! Except for Alex.
Damage: 6 + 1 + 5 + 2 = 14 * 4 = 56/2 = 28 damage!

Attack (Spirit Warriors) : Hit 'em again!
Damage: 2 + 3 = 5 * 10 = 50/2 = 25 damage!

They both rolled the same damage. >.> I don't quite know how this happened, but it works. All of the slimes are dead.

It takes an extra turn to run back we'll say.

The floating thing was still too stunned to react as Alex surged forward once more, her sword slicing through the monster's neck like a hot knife through butter, though she didn't quite make it all the way through. So, when she smashed her shield into it's face, the abomination's head only sailed a few yards away before landing on the ground, the last few bits of flesh holding it on having been torn by the force of her strike. Needless to say, the thing's headless body slumped to the ground, whatever magic that had been allowing it to levitate gone with its death, and she turned quickly to wade through the slimes, weathering another barrage of magic from her allies unscathed. There were no slimes left behind when Alex came from the field, and the dragoness saw out of the corner of her eye the glowing ones retreating in the opposite direction, and back toward her allies.

She found the group of women had assembled again, and Aescila gave her a wide smile and a nod as she returned. "Come on, we've got to get to the rendezvous point!" She said, and their group started off, the sounds of battle and their enemies rush distant but present in their ears. If Alex wanted to say anything to Aescila or any of her group, now would be the time to do so, as she likely wouldn't get another chance before this battle was over.

Allies

Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

14 satyrs (scouts)

Alex's current group
Alex
Aescila
1 necromancer
5 battle mages
2 spirit warriors

Axis

1 elder lords
1 dark slimes
1 triad

25 grey slimes
110 grabber spawn
50 adult grabbers
20 elder grabbers
13 hunters
1 duos

2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Wiped out.

4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

Wiped out.

10 elder grabbers
10 grabber spawn
2 hunters
10 grey slimes

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

Wiped out.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It wasn't the cleanest of strikes, the thing's head was still attached by a few chords of resilient flesh, but that didn't matter. Alex was more than just a dragon with a sword, and the shield that so many others had mocked tore the Elder Lord's head from its shoulders and sent it flying to land a few yards away.

For a while Alex simply watched the head sailing through the air, but with her mission complete it was time to wade through the slimes once again. As she approached she could feel the energies in the air shifting once again, and all she did was simply weave her body through the explosions. She could practically see the patterns that each burst would make, and small gaps would form where she could simply dash through as the magical and spiritual powers simply flowed over and around her body without so much as giving her a single scratch. It was only when she had broken through them all that she turned to see what remained, and when not a single puddle of slime could be seen so much as shivering on the ground she couldn't help but let out a small smile. Perfect.

As the warrior returned to her squad they were all reassembled with Aes offering her own smile as a welcome. "You heard the lady, let's move!" She didn't wait before starting to scurry off regroup with the main forces. But that didn't mean she didn't have anything to say, and though she pressed forward she kept herself slow enough to speak comfortably without leaving her comrades behind. "That was perfect, but keep your heads up. Don't be afraid to pull back if things start looking hectic, and be on the lookout for any other enemy casters. I'll try to focus on them while you all thin out the cannon fodder."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 64/65, PP = 48, EP = 31/51, Status = Pregnant, Dragons Pride X = 5, Draconic Transformation X = 2

Rolls
It takes 4 turns worth of time to reach the rest of the army.

Group 5 was wiped out.
Groups 7 and 8, minus the turned, are heading toward the army.

Alexandra and her group started moving with all due haste through the woods, the rough terrain preventing them from outright sprinting to their destination. They remained silent through their run, but each of them save Aescila nodded to her instructions, the demon with black wings only smiling to Alex as they moved through the trees.

It took them only about a minute and a half to circle around the village, but by then the knights had been chased into the woods. Another two minutes of running through the woods had her less martially oriented and less armored allies winded and scraped up, but there was nothing to be done for it.

They got back just in time to witness the trap that the Lady Albatross had prepared though. A swarm of the invaders, mostly the tentacled creatures but also including a few of the hunters, charged into a clearing, following a single orb of red light that Alex then recognized as Haedrin. The knight stopped and faced the fifty or so monsters that were bearing down upon him, and even placed his hands on his hips, his foot tapping the ground several times. When the whole group was more or less within the massive clearing he had stopped on one end of and that Alex and company stood beside, the ground suddenly shook violently beneath their feet.

Then, as quickly as a striking viper, the earth beneath the feet of the monsters suddenly erupted violently, dirt and mud and stone all writhing violently and obscuring what was going on within the clearing. A few seconds later, the ground returned to normal, and the invaders were all gone. Not dead, as not a single corpse was evident in the now grassless clearing, but simply gone, as if the very ground had swallowed the aliens up and then returned back to the state it had been in before they had arrived.

Haedrin casually walked into the clearing, the knight spotting and veering in Alex's direction. "Excellent work Lady Alexandra! Your timing was flawless, and up until now all has gone according to plan." A satyr suddenly appeared beside Alex, the goat man's sudden presence apparently of little to surprise to Aescila or Haedrin, but quite surprising to her other allies. "Several groups of the enemy approach our position, my captain. They will be upon our position here shortly, and include the last of the enemy's highest commanders. The creature floats above the trees, out of our reach, and Lady Albatross has warned that the creature could block any attempt to use her greater magics." He reported calmly, and Aescila quickly interjected; "I will deal with the flying creature, but I must not be interrupted while doing so."

She had had the strange tone in her voice again, as if she was certain of something, but she held a frown upon her face as well. Movement out of the corner of her eye caught Alex's attention, and she spotted her fey allies taking positions along the edge of the clearing, though they seemed slightly reduced in number since Alex had last seen them. Nodding in acceptance to Aescila's statement without arguing, Haedrin continued; "We don't have much time to prepare. Take up a position as you see fit Lady Alexandra, our foes will be met at the clearing's edge."

Allies

Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

14 satyrs (scouts)

Axis

1 elder lords
1 dark slimes
1 triad

15 grey slimes
100 grabber spawn
50 adult grabbers
10 elder grabbers
11 hunters
1 duos

2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Wiped out.

4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

Wiped out.

Wiped out.

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

3 hunters
1 elder lord
5 turned (breeders)
5 grey slimes
20 grabber spawn

40 grabber spawn
30 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
10 turned (breeders)
10 elder grabbers

Wiped out.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Through progress was slower than she liked Alex dared not leave her allies behind. As good a distraction as the explosion was it had to have put the rest of the enemy forces on alert. If any of them spotted her group retreating they would suddenly become the rather delicious looking target, and if Alex was pulling away there was little hope in being able to keep them safe. But the invaders were far more interested in something else. The dragon could barely make out the fey knights retreating into the woods, and a sizable force was chasing them the entire way. This made the strike unit's escape all that much easier, and if they kept moving Alex figured they would catch up and block the enemies' escape.

With this in mind the draconic warrior prepared to barrel into the aliens' forces and wreak as much havoc as possible. She nearly did as she noticed Haedrin simply standing and waiting at the far end of the clearing that would mark these abominations' graves, but before she could leap to action she froze. Something odd ran up and down her spine before she set foot onto open grass, and after her pause she realized why. The very earth sprung to life, Gaia herself awakening from her long slumber and consuming the plague that infected her world. That was all Alex could have guessed that happened, the sudden upheaval was far too chaotic to notice a single thing, but when everything was cleared all that remained was a smooth stretch of land that showed no sing of life.

For a moment Alex hesitated, her inner voice rejoicing as it listened to her instincts, but by the time everyone else had caught up to her she no longer felt that uneasiness. Whatever had happened had since passed, and the earth was safe to walk once again. Haedrin's entrance was proof enough, and as he turned to congratulate the dragoness Alex smiled and nodded. "Of course. Excellent planning and superior skill will always win the battle. But I must say that you are quite a beast, and this trap was quite the feat." But before much else could be said a satyr appeared and reported the sighting of several approaching enemies, one of which was the final Elder Lord, and that final freak was choosing to stay airborne to avoid the ruckus that was about to erupt. But Aescila spoke once more in her new tone, her confidence shining through everything even when the slight scowl on her face didn't foster that much comfort.

With everyone falling into position Alex started walking forward. But before she arrived at her chosen spot she paused next to Aes, and her voice was held low so that only the dark angel could hear. "Your offer works both ways. If you need my help you only need to call." With her piece said she continued until she stopped within the clearing. She knew she stood out, a large and stoic target for all the approaching forces to notice the instant they came near. And that is what she wanted. She wanted the enemy to focus on her, to think they could overwhelm her and bring her crashing to her knees so they could bend her over and violate her for days on end. It would give her allies time to prepare, time to pick their targets, time to simply wait and ambush the enemy once they had no chance to escape. And once the assault began it would be easier for her to reach her true targets. There had to be at least one other caster within the aliens' ranks, and she was going to destroy it.

Stat Sheet

-Accuracy: d20 + 60
-Sword Damage: 2d6 + 33
-Shield Damage: 3d6 + 29
-Armor: 21
-Grapple: d20 + 57

-Dodge: 78 (+10 vs Magic/Powers)
-Resistance: 47 (44 Natural) (+10 vs Magic/Powers/Succubus)

-Speed: 18

First Round
Move forward and Defensive Stance, Fight Defensively at 10:10
-Accuracy: d20 + 60 - 10 = d20 + 50
-Dodge: 78 + 20 = 98 (+10 vs Magic/Powers)

If Alex can spot the Dark Slime...

Continually move forward with the above Defensive Stance until she's within range

If she's in range and she's got a clear shot...
Charge and Shield Slam, Fight Defensively at 10:10
-Accuracy: d20 + 60 + 4 - 10 = d20 + 54
-Shield Damage: 3d6 + 29 + 4 + 10 = 3d6 + 43
-Dodge: 78 - 10 + 10 = 78 (+10 vs Magic/Powers)

After that simply normal attacks with Fight Defensively at 10:10. If at any time Aes calls for Alex then immediately stop and find her.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alex: HP = 54/65, PP = 48, EP = 23/51, Status = Pregnant, Dragons Pride X = 5, Draconic Transformation X = 2

Rolls
Alex can't really miss any of the invaders, so I'm not gonna roll attacks. I'm also just going to munchkin the enemies so as to save myself some time and energy, since leaving an enemy with like 3 HP left if she rolls poorly is just a pain for both of us. Mkay?

Round 1: Alex gets into position and waits. 29 EP left.

Round 2: The first few break into the clearing, Alex cuts up 3 grabber spawn and wounds a hunter. The fey start chewing into the enemy ranks, satyrs and kobolds providing ranged support while the trolls, knights and gruffs work with Alex in the thick of things. That wounded hunter gets finished off, and 9 more grabber spawn and a grey slime are brought down as well. No sign of the enemy casters. No allied casualties. Alex is at 27 EP.

Round 3: The rest come surging out, getting a volley of fire from the mages and the support guys. 2 elder grabbers, 11 grabber spawn and 6 adult grabbers bite the dust.
Then the melee starts, and the kobolds run in to help. 3 kobolds and 2 gruffs go down, all of the trolls get wounded. 5 more adult grabbers and 12 more grabber spawn get munched. Then, out of nowhere, a squad of hunters attacks from stealth! A battlemage, 2 sorceresses, and 6 satyrs go down. Alex gets a swipe to the back as well!
Damage: 6 + 2 + 23 - 21 = 10 damage on Alex! Alex is also at 25 EP.

Round 4: Fightin and killin! The hunter that swung at Alex gets wounded trying to glomp her, and all of the ones in back get wounded too. Unfortunately, the necromancer goes down, as do 2 satyrs, a battle mage and a sorceress. In the main melee, Alex spots the dark slime just as it launches a fireball that kills 2 trolls and 4 gruffs, badly wounds a knight, wounds Haedrin. The last troll is about to be swarmed over, Aescila engages the Elder Lord in the sky, and they allies trade another gruff and 6 kobolds for 12 grabber spawn, 6 adult grabbers and 5 elder grabbers.

......Fuck that was a lot of dice. Oh, and Alex is at 23 EP.
Also, an explanation as to the lack of major AoE on the part of your mages: They're fae, and don't want to set the forest on fire.

"I appreciate the compliment, and will pass your words on to Lady Albatross." Haedrin said, and then surveyed his forces as they largely broke from cover and took up a more hardened defensive position around the glade. "I just hope that skill and planning will be enough."

"Of course, Alexandra." Aescila replied, smiling, but Alex knew enough of her at this point to tell how forced the smile was. Something was troubling the demon angel, but she seemed unwilling to share it, and Alex didn't have time to press the issue right now. Instead, she moved to take up a position out in the open, where the aliens could see her, and concentrate on her and her alone. Her shield raised, Alexandra could only wait as the sound of a great many things moving through the underbrush signalled the oncoming rush. The less stealthy of the fey, the gruffs and trolls, as well as the armored knights moved alongside Alexandra, while the rest moved off to the sides to keep the other fighters from being outflanked. Their spellcasters remained in back, and Aescila took to the air for the first time, her raven wings lifting her from the earth and causing her to ascend into the sky.

The aliens came forward a few seconds later, and the battle was on. At first there were barely more than a handful, a group of the smaller tentacle monsters and a slime oozing into the clearing and quickly being cut apart by Alexandra and the fey, none of them even landing a blow.

Then, a cry came up, and a wall of grey swarmed out of the woods toward them. A hail of bolts of fire and ice and pure magic came forth to meet them, accompanied by a hail of more conventional missiles from the support troops, and a wave of the slimy creatures went down. Then, battle was joined in full, and Alex could no longer tell what was happening around her. All that she could see were the foes directly in front of her, and all she could hear were a cacophony of shrieks and grunts and roars as the fey engaged their enemies. Despite her forward position and alluring nature to her opponents, Alex ran into a problem that might take some creativity to solve: there were only so many directions that the aliens could come at her from, and those were continuously closed off by the corpses of the ones that she cut down.

Every slimy tentacle monster that Alex cut down was another path to her that was at least momentarily blocked, and after she downed seven of the things as they tried to reach tendrils for her, the dragoness was forced to climb over a wall of their corpses. Her allies seemed to be fairing well, but despite the tentacle monsters obviously not being well suited to direct combat, they were holding their own, their whipping tendrils flailing hard enough to tear skin and break bone.

Then, everything changed. Firstly, claws suddenly tore into Alexandra's back, only barely harming her through her armor, but as she turned she saw that she wasn't the only one being assaulted by the sudden appearance of enemy reinforcements. Aliens were among their support troops, and Alex was helpless to prevent it as their mages and the satyrs set to guard them were ambushed, several going down in a few short moments. They must have come from the woods, and the main group wouldn't be receiving any support from them until the hunters had been dealt with. As she returned an attempt by the hunter to claw at her, Alex saw several others fall as they attempted to deal with the hunters, the reptilian monsters shrugging off powerful blows (including her own) and coming back for more. An explosion suddenly sounded next to Alex, and a quick glance behind showed the dark slime standing in the rear, still within the line of the trees as magic swirled around it.

The explosion had hit a line of their strength. Two of the trolls, already wounded from many blows, collapsed to the ground with blackened skin, likely never to rise again if they didn't see immediate assistance. A knight had fallen to a knee, and Haedrin stood at ground zero, the knight burned but still standing. While they had definitely thinned the enemy's numbers a great deal, the sudden attack via magic had left them disorganized and poorly grouped, and Alex saw a number of trouble spots forming. Haedrin was guarding the wounded knight, and their kin were moving in to aid them, but that had left the other fey warriors momentarily without heavy support. The last of the trolls was on his knees, two slimes swirling around him and holding him down as they seeped into his wounds, doing who knows what. Their mages were being torn apart by hunters, and the satyrs were doing no better in defense against the physically stronger and more resilient aliens. And the darkslime had appeared, having already inflicted heavy casualties upon them.

Thunder cracked the sky, and another stolen glance showed another of the floating monsters engaged in battle with Aescila. The two weaved about as rain began to fall from above, thunder and lightning coursing through the sky above as the two did battle, and it was impossible to tell which was coming out on top as yet.

Allies

Alex
Aescila (demon-angel)

3 battle mages (attack mages)
1 trolls (heavy infantry)
14 kobolds (light infantry)
4 gruffs (light infantry)
6 satyrs (scouts)
3 fey sorceresses (support mages)

Axis

Group currently engaged with the Allies
12 hunters
1 elder lord
4 grey slimes
13 grabber spawn
13 adult grabbers
1 dark slime
3 elder grabbers

Group 1, on the Eastern outskirts of the village.
2 hunters
1 duo
20 grabber spawn

Group 3, on the Western edge of the village.
4 hunters
10 grey slimes
10 adult grabbers

1 triad
10 turned (breeders)
30 grabber spawn
10 adult grabbers
2 hunters

Group left within the village, just kinda wandering around
15 turned (breeders)

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: All Out War (Termite)

Dammit... With every creature she cut down she added to a growing pile at her feet, and with seven of the walking squids defeated Alex soon faced a wall that prevented her from engaging the rest. She considered simply climbing over them, but dead bodies did not make for the best of footing. Especially when they were covered in slime. She would need to figure out some other-

DAMMIT! The sudden raking of sharpened claw against her back brought back memories of the other clearing she had entered, and she didn't need to turn to know that one of those apish lizards had struck her from the rear. But there was nothing else catching her attention at the moment, and she quickly swiped her sword behind her to ward off another of its attacks. That was when she noticed the support group being assaulted by more of the reptiles.

Before she could even think of helping the mages an explosion rocked the line at her side, and with it she saw a number of the fey dropping to the ground. An enemy caster had appeared, and with a quick peak Alex found the slime attempting to hide within the treeline while its magics were swirling all round its dark form.

She had found her target, but there were other problems cropping up all around. The mages were under heavy assault, and the scouts were unable to protect them. Haedrin had been hurt, and he was defending another knight who suffered far worse from that slime's blast. Other knights were moving to assist, and that was leaving everyone else to fight without heavy infantry. The last of the gigantic trolls was being dragged to the ground by a pair of normal slimes, and they were invading his body.

There were just far too many problems for her to deal with at once, and to top it all off she still had a damned lizard at her back. But she needed to do something. Her mind settled on a course of action, and with it she stopped and calmed her nerves for no more than a split second. For all intents and purposes it looked like she was dropping her guard, and it would make for quite the attractive target for the lizard, but once he moved in to attack Alex would drop and rotate around his attack. The moment he turned to follow her he would find her taking in as much air as she possibly could. A moment later her eyes would focus on his, and her entire body reared back for just a second before she bent forward as if she were going to scream. But what followed was not the shrill shriek of an angry woman. An inhuman roar sounded from her throat, something that should have belonged to a creature far larger than she, and that was all the warning the lizard would get before a gout of flame erupted into his face.

For a couple of beats Alex could feel her draconic side swelling as it made its presence known, but even then she could feel it taking its toll. Her body and spirit were not used to such a display, and she could feel her inner flame struggling to keep itself controlled while it burned far brighter than she had ever known. And it was too much. She could swear she felt her own blood boiling in her veins. She needed to act quickly if she wanted to avoid turning herself to ash, and her entire body swung to angle her flame through an arc. While the lizard had been her initial target her flame would not stop there, and as it passed it would continue into the line of invaders that were otherwise busy trying to capitalize on Haedrin's injury. From there it would sweep out, the arc pulling away from her allies and through the enemies' ranks before cutting into the forest and heading straight for the magical slime.

"Haedrin! Support the mages!" Even if her attacker had avoided that blast or even survived Alex was already pushing forward. Her attack may not have been the most powerful of flames a dragon can summon, but it should have been enough to clear a path past the invaders' line. She moved into her path of destruction, and as she did she kept a close eye on that slime waiting in the back. It could try to hide or flee once it realized she was approaching, and she was determined not to let it escape.

Stat Sheet

-Accuracy: d20 + 60
-Sword Damage: 2d6 + 33
-Shield Damage: 3d6 + 29
-Armor: 21
-Grapple: d20 + 57

-Power Accuracy: d20 + 48

-Dodge: 78 (+10 vs Magic/Powers)
-Resistance: 47 (44 Natural) (+10 vs Magic/Powers/Succubus)

-Speed: 18

This Round
Dragon's Breath at X=6 with a Cone (90 degrees at 30 ft) aiming to hit the Dark Slime and whatever enemies can be hit that are threatening Haedrin, then move closer toward the Dark Slime at a bit of a skewed angle
-Cost = 8 EP, Upkeep (Dragon's Pride) = 2 EP, Subtotal = 10 EP
--Ceiling = 4, Exceeded by 6
---Total Cost = 6 HP and 16 EP
-Accuracy = d20 + 48
-Damage = 2d6 * 7 (14 - 87, avg 49)
-Speed = 18

Question: If I were to drop Dragon's Pride down to X=3, do I need to recast it in a separate round?