What's new

Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Rikke would beam Phobe a smile and jump into a deep hug "Your people have helped these people and me so much... Thank you! Truly..." the girl leaned out "If you or your friends would ever need my help with anything. Send word for 'Rikke', I'll come the moment the word or the letter reaches me. Promise." she'd nod to Phobe.

The girl would look to the caravan and give them a cheery wave, before heading towards the crowd to inform that their ride was here! Albeit cutting the festivities short was heartbreaking, but they had to move out while the day was still fresh!

It wouldn't be long, until the rogue announced that everyone wishing to the neighbouring sea-side city should join the caravan, those having other plans could stay and attempt the travels on their own or with their own small group. Rikke would bring out some supplies to them with a smile and wish them luck...

Once they'd reach the city, unfortunately most of the peoples fates were their own.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed it seemed the small group of rescued slaves would split into two groups. Though initially they would head the same direction for the city before they would split. There was some goodbyes from the rescued to the villagers, some teary and some curt and to the point. More surprising was one of the farm girls Rikke had sent out to scout seemed to linger a moment before looking to the centaurs. Rikke watched and could almost feel the girls heart waiver. She had spoken to this one during their rest and found out she had lost everyone and everything. She had nothing to go back too. She stood next to her horse and stared at the village. Rikke could swear she felt her desire to stay, but also her fear of something new and strange. A word from her could probably shift it either way.

Nearby Iri spoke to the elder one last time giving him a deep bow before heading for the caravan. She had a lightness to her step, and a slight smile but said nothing else. Once everything was resolved the small caravan would head out and travel almost the entire day to the city came into view. Here as the sun set they would split paths. Oddly enough Right in front of Emilia's hidden cabin....

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would ofcourse notice the girl and shuffle closer to her "You know... I bet there'll be plenty of other caravans and they seem like genuine and nice people." she'd speak up looking to the few tribe members "After the mess we left I bet they could use some help, go on... ask. Maybe they'd love the aid." she'd give the girl a subtle nude and a wink.

Indeed the city hardly promised safety or wealth, yet it was a port. Perhaps some of the people could manage to return back home via a ship, others potentially finding work in the bustling trade center... anything was better than a slaves life that they were condemned to. Besides, it wasn't like Rikke would leave them entirely!

As the caravan began to move would come the part that would truly wound the rogue the most "A-alright everyone, gather round!" be strong Rikke.... she'd think to herself "I don't have a lot of gold, but I won't leave you entirely pennyless." she'd open her pouch with the fair sum of coins she had gotten from Emilia for her cultist clearing... So much sparkling gold, but these people needed it a lot more than she did! "But if we meet up again and you're back on your feet properly, I expect a return of double." she'd add though not entirely meaning it... sorta.

Still by the time they reached the town, Rikke would almost be in tears and curled up. Her previously hefty pouch containing a few gold coins that could be enough for a room... if the innkeep felt generous! Still at the very least with each coin passed on absolute gratitude and hope seemed to igntie all the more in the ex-prisoners.

When the caravan stopped the rogue would wish the bunch good fortune and luck, before exhaling deeply... well she was almost back to square one and had a trip to plan out! Still atleast she got Iri back "Hey! We're near Emilias, I bet your girls are worried sick about you." Rikke would beam Irianna a smile "Wanna go see... but only if you promise not to get kidnapped again." the rogue smiled cheekily to her clearly joking. Heck she herself needed to drop by Emilia, afterall she left extremely suddenly and for a good few days!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Parting ways with the refugees Rikke waited a moment. It would be best that they not see her vanish into thin air. Irianna stood a moment and waited before letting Rikke lead the way. Effortlessly Rikke passed threw the magical barrier. Iri however not so much. Still it wasn't as violent as a reaction to her before. Magic sparks erupted from her hands as she tested the barrier to now avail. Stepping back her face was still a serious mask, showing no pain even though her hands smoked lightly.

Turning to face Iri Rikke was about to speak when two blurs blasted past her and talked the woman to the ground. Rikke's own reaction was damped by a soft hand on her shoulder and Emila speaking up behind her. "Now now its okay they just missed their mistress." Smiling Emila turned Rikke around and gave her a hug.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Still as they waited near the barrier, Irie would no doubt notice how sadly the rogue looked to her emptied pouch. Albeit perhaps the dark girl considered several reasons for why... she'd still speak up "Why did you do it? Give away all your gold if you treasure it so?" the question seemed to quickly catch the rogues attention as she turned to her, before smiling subtly and glancing to the refugees.

"Have you ever walked into a unknown town without a single penny in your pocket?" Rikke answered with a smile " It stings, but even those few coins can mean the difference between starving for food or freezing out in the cold. I'll get them back, but to those people those few coins are worth much more than me." the girls voice with seeming first-hand experience on the matter, giving way to a brief solemn silence...-- "So~ Lets go see how your fanclub is doing!" she'd beam Irianna a bright smile, only to be reminded of the barriers restrictions.

"Oh.. right.. I'll send them out shortly! Don't go nowhere without saying a proper goodbye, alright! I'll be out soon as well!" Rikke would give Irie a nod as she herself rushed onwards to see Emilia! Last she saw the strange goddess... to say it was rough circumstances would be putting it lightly!

Yet just as the heroine turned towards the cottage, two blurs rushed right past her, slightly blowing her hair back, quickly followed by ever so cheerful squeels of joy behind her? "E-eh?" Rikke turned around only for the sight of Irie and her girls being reunited! The sight followed by Emilia herself making an appearance!

"Emilia!" Rikke beamed the girl a bright smile, before giving her a hug and a lean out to look the female over "I see it takes far more than one pissed god to hurt your looks." the girl snickered kindly "Er... S-sorry about my sudden disappearance earlier." Rikke had quite the tale to tell her!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Iri said nothing but had a thoughtful look on her face. Still it was quickly replaced by a moment of surprise as the two girls tackled her. Breaking her hug with Emilia the Goddess as Rikke thought of her nodded. "Oh he was close this time. Thats why I was unable to help with your situation. No worries though I saw everything. We have much to discuss!" Turning to Iri however she smiled. With a free hand she tossed Iri a small smooth onyx stone. "When your done come join us that will let you in."

Leaving Iri to the tender mercy of her two girls Rikke joined Emilia in her cabin once more. Here she got another surprise as her armor sat on basic stand ready for her. "I had Jenna get that for you this morning. I was hoping you would pay me back for it but it appears thats going to be an issue." Smirking Emilia winked at Rikke before moving to the small shrine that held the statues from before. Following her gaze Rikke noticed another statue had begun to glow. "Another one is about to awaken. I do not know who or where."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would beam Irie a smile, albeit Emilias words about another demigod awakening did ring some worry across the heroines body. One was bad enough, if this new demigod awakening was anything like the last one... Things would grow much more difficult, much quicker than expected. Not to mention the whole ordeal with Lord Jericho in the further away lands!

Still the rogue would head into Emilias shack, noting that any mess or damage from before hardly left any hints around the once again pristine shack... Yet there was a new addition! "Oh wow!" Rikke rushed closer to a stand on which a most peculiar piece of apparel rested! It seemed to be some sort of two-piece outfit, the lower body consisting of a pair of thigh-high stockings and almost equally as high leather boots, as well as what seemed to be rather skimpy leather short-shorts, with a hefty built-in square pouch on the side. While the upper body seemed to be a single piece suit... yet... there did not seem to be any real means to wear it as it was closed on both sides?

Only after inspecting the suit from the front would the rogue note the small steel line and a small handle of sorts "I believe they said its an experimental design, they called that thing a 'Zipper'." Emilia explained as she looked on to the excited rogue look over the outfit, only for Rikke to indeed take hold of the small metalic piece and note that it would quite literally open the outfit up down the middle!

"Eh~? Thats amazing!" Rikke blinked in absolutely surprise, before turning to Emilia with a cheeky smile "Like it?" the goddess asked "Aye! Its gorgeous! Though..." Rikke would beam a teasing smile at the goddes moving the zipper up and down "Didn't take you for being pervy enough to have something like that in there. What if someone pervy gets a hold of it."" Rikke cheekily smiled teasing the goddess, as indeed such a frontal opening could very quickly reveal the wearers body, be it on purpose or otherwise!

"Oh? But I believe you asked the designers for something similar, afterall the armor is yours." Emilia uttered looking to the rogues eyes both widen in joy and her face blush from embarassment "I think they found some of your notes about a 'Quick ope switch'?" Emilias smiled slyly, leaving Rikke absolutely blushing as her oftentimes pervy tendencies in regards to appearance were outed!

Still! New armor! And one that was a fancy as this?! "Mine?! I've gotta try it on!" Rikke would quickly look to unclip the armor and take it away to try it on!

And just as the rogue could ever hope, each piece of her new armor fit her body superbly! From the upper body piece tightly hugging her to the shorts all the more accentuating her superb tush and long legs! "How do I look?!" Rikke would reappear and fix her orange hair with a brigth smile, her body clad in her whole new look!.. albeit seemed the girl had forgot to properly zip up her suit leaving a very generous view of her cleavage quite accentuated! The suits appearance would no doubt get her quite the fair amount of looks like this... of the most perverse kind!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Emila smiled lightly her gaze drawn to the figurine shelf. "It dose look rather provocative on you." She smirked before moving to sit down. Gesturing to the seat across from her for Rikke to sit as well. "So dealing with Lord Jericho will not be so easy a task. Given its a mortal situation I cannot interfere." She gave Rikke a pondering look. "Anyway my attention will be on the Demi-God the Lord of Blood is still loose and it is unknown if he will go after this new one as well. I will need to be vigilant. So I'm stuck though.. if you want my honest and earnest opinion you should not get involved either. But I have a feeling that your just going to ignore me on that. Oh! I almost forgot the Glory left port this morning. So your stuck...."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Oh..." Rikke blushed sheepishly as she'd pull the zipper higher, yet not entirely up... This new armor is certainly going to be fun to use! Due to how easily she'll be able to slip it off and on whenever she went to sleep ofcourse! Still Emilias words would quickly bring the rogue back to the present.

"Another demigod? Who? Where?" obviously the rogue wasn't one to heed words of caution, heck they usually worked more as encouragement for her than anything else! Yet it seemed she may have 2 active threats to investigate in the world...

Even if Lord Jericho had a massive Rikke-drawn target on his back, who was this other entity?

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't worry about the Demigod. Its my business anyway." Emilia eyed Rikke a bit seeming to search her soul for an answer. Turning away she spoke again. "So what will you do now? The Glory has left the port and you do not have a place to stay. Not to mention you have Irianna and her girls to watch out for now."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke though remained seated with a cheeky smile "Am I going to have to look over your statue collection or will you just tell me more." she'd give Emilia a look that left little question that the rogue would have her curiousity sated one way or another!

Still... Right now, seeing that Caravan and all those slaves, not to mention having heard murmurs of the rich power abuser to the North. Perhaps it was time to step away from the game of Gods and Goddess to return to her far more questionable roots! A means to form a plan of robbing Lord Jericho absolutely clean of his riches!

"Don't worry, right now I'm likely going to focus on making a rich snob far more poor than before." Rikke winked to Emilia "You can share this newest demigod information."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Emilia the truth is I only have a direction and even that shifts. Until it becomes more realized guessing would be trouble. So I cannot really tell you anything about this new Demigod. I have my own divining to work on to sort it out. I only told you because it could come looking and you should be aware of the danger if they prove unfriendly. Emilia rested her head on her hand leaning on the table a pout on her lips and a thought filled gleam in her eye.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In other words... until the game of the demigods and demigodesses settles, the rogue was free to pursue whatever she wished! In other words, it was time to knock one particular rich snob off their horse! "I see..." Rikke would nod with a smile "So~ Guess I'll be heading north for a bit, just~ You got any... other spare gold?" the broke rogue looked to Emilia sheepishly, noting the girls strange look?

Rikke raised an eyebrow and turned her head "Emilia... this demigod business... its new to you as well, isn't it?" somehow the rogue suspected that perhaps Emilia herself felt a little out of her usual element interfering and battling the awakening demigods!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Emilia smiled at Rikke. "Sorry am all golded out. Looks like your gonna need to get a job." Smirking she leaned back and turned her head away. "Aye it is.. but that is the task fate set for me. Its no use crying about it. Anyway, your slightly shady friends in the harbor might have some good leads, or you could try your luck with the mercenary work from the town board."

So as it was after speaking with Emilia a little longer the rogue found herself just entering town as last bits of light began to fade from the sky. The harbor was already dark leaving the last few upper levels with quickly residing light. Oil torches below started being lit a task that had been absent in Endus due to the magical lights threw out the city. Still night was fast approaching and the rogue had little to claim for her heroics. Heaving a sigh as the last of the merchants closed up their carts or shops, she could at least be thankful that the Crimson Lord was not loose in the streets any longer. She of course had a few options she could explore. There was the inn in the docks, and the Jade palace that she had stayed before. Or even she could explore the night life of the town.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Rikke would leave Emilia with a crestfallen expression... N-no more free gold! Though with her pouch jingling with just but a coin or two, she'd need the money and fast! Not to mention her visit to Lord Jericho should happen as soon as possible. The rogue would think briefly as she'd step outside of Emilias bubble and smiled to Irianna and the girls resting nearby "So~ I'll head down to the town for a bit, where can I find you guys later on?" perhaps it was best to offer Irie to join the trip north once the rogue herself had the means to travel!

Either way, soon enough the gorgeous busty girl would step onto the silent streets once again. Seemed the locals did not know that the Blood Lord was gone, few daring to wander the streets as the dark of the nigth descended. Yet for Rikke... well quite frankly she hardly had anywhere to go for the night! The rogue would look towards the direction where the notice board of old was, yet at such hours it was no doubt closed. Rikke would place a finger on her luscious lips in thought, beyond that she only had one place to ask around for any potential jobs - the Shady Inn near the Harbor?!

A goosebump rushed up the girls body as she could only guess the sort of work such a place would offer! Y-yet... if it was excellent gold? Wincing varily, Rikke would take a deep breath and exhale - at the very least it was worth investigating. Infact on her way down there she could observer the towns night life all around to boot!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Irianna simply shrugged not knowing what to do with herself or the girls, but apparently they had other ideas and quickly lead her off telling Rikke they had a place for themselves, and if they needed them to meet back here at Emilia's in the afternoon. Anyway there was not much for it. Rikke couldn't even fend for herself at the moment let alone another or even three others. Leaving it at that Rikke headed into town.

Faint smoky lights of the oil lamps cast pale yellow circles at regular intervals alone the road. The happy vibrant seas side town was a completely different place at night and more than once did Rikke see a large guard patrol the streets sticking to the main roads. Perhaps it was due to the Lord of Blood? Still Emilia had driven him away for now and maybe once the murders stop the town nightlife would recover.

It wasn't long before Rikke reached the docks the splash of the sea against the wooden docks sending slight spray into the air and forceful gusts tossed Rikke's hair. The docks seemed far more alive then the rest of the town but it was truly the scum of the city that prowled down here at night. Rikke was of course due to her looks propositioned for a night of fun by no less than seven times as she made her way to the Salty Dog. Walking in she found the place a bussel with sailors and other ill folk.

Last edited:

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Rikke took a deep breath and would head down the stairs to the darker, yet oddly more active area of the town - the Docks! Stepping along the stone it seemingly was barely a moment, before she'd hear "Working tonight?" the girl turned to see a man, openly look her over with a very descriptive and clear look in his eye "A-ah no. Just passing by." the rogue blushed cutely and raised her hands in a stopping manner, before going right past him. Though very quickly she'd learn this was just the interlude of all the offers and sounds she'd hear!

From cat-calls from the shadowy alleys to flatout "Holy shit!" announcements from some of the shady people to some even attempting to whisper and lure the girl down one of the dark alleys of the docks! Fore once in her life, Rikke definedly felt TOO popular! Even if the rather absurd attention, did stir some pride in the rogues body... Just walking past so many of the figures openly expressed their 'admiration'! Sure these were dirty sailors and shady dealers, but... just a small part of her certainly felt rather raised to quite the pedestial!

Still soon enough the ever lovely 'Salty Dog' completely with a likely very salt spitton near its entrance revealed itself... Of all the places to go for work... Yet the rogue had no other option! Bracing herself the girl would head up the few wooden stairs and push open the doors, only to feel almost too many eyes locked on her supreme body. The murmurs seemingly growing dim as if to keep the topics secretive from her. Still in here she'd be looking for the same female that treated Emilia! Of all the people in the docks, she seemed the most knowledgeable and trustworthy!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Sadly Rikke didn't see the female from before though sounds deeper in the Tavern hinted at certain activities going on. Unlike outside most of the patrons of this in kept themselves quite only staring at the luscious rogue. The bar keep from before barked at her to step in or go out, so she wouldn't block the door. Eyeing the place she found no table she felt comfortable sitting at. However the bar had plenty of open stools. Heading for these to start out with Rikke sat before the bar keep moved over to ask what she wanted to drink. From his look she felt she needed order something other than water or she might get tossed out on her rear. It was definitely a different mood than the trip during the day. Then again the crowd was much more fierce looking. As she sat with her drink she could hear tid bits of conversations. Nothing too interesting except for a mention of warehouse being rented for Lord Jericho.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It proved to be surprisingly difficult to find someone the rogue had seen once and didn't even knew her name... inside a rather crowded, busy and otherwise oppresing bar. She really should've seen that issue coming... The Salty sailor almost felt... nostaglic in a way. During the earlier years of her life, before the Manor and all the crazyness that followed... It wasn't that uncommon for the rogue to skulk in such an inn to look for a drunkards pocket to pick or a drink to try and weasel out of any horny onlookers.

Though these guys were far more serious: crude, rough and dirty. It was no doubt one of the prime locations for sailors to arrive and relax, be it with a drink... Rikke winced subtly as she all too clearly heard the echoes from the back... or a whole different sort of relief, though as the rogue looked over the inn it wouldn't be long until the bartended noticed her occupying one of the seats at the bar "m?" a drink... with her limited funds?! Yet judging by the look the bartender was giving her it was either she bought a drink and fast "J-Just give me a moment." Rikke smiled sheepishly "Whatever, just don't try stealin' anyone from the working girls. Not that I doubt this lot has the gold you want."

Rikke blinked at the words, as she'd then realise that... she was branded as a luxury w--- The rogue hardly had a chance to clear things up only for the barkeep to have already walked away! She wasn't--- Then again what other job could she get in a place like this? Rikke subtly blushed as the thought crossed her mind, all the more complimented by the echoes from the backroom. No way! She'd not stoop that low!.. even if there was a certain thrill of a night with a pent-up----

It was then as if a blessing, Rikke just happened to hear a familiar name... Jericho! Her ears and eyes sharpening the girl would quickly look to find the table, where she heard the mention and casually approached just close enough to easvesdrop... Only to heard something VERY interesing! Lord Jericho, the same too-rich slaver bastard the rogue was out to get had recently rented a warehouse inside this very city! Yet which one? Rikke would lightly bite on her thumb as she'd tense and attempt to hear out the final details1

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Ear's burning Rikke let her attention focus on the conversation. It was between a small group of men that looked rather shady, even for this place at this time of night. They sat a small table sharing a single pitcure of a dark ale.

Aye its the south warehouse just outside the guards patrol route.

You mean the one that all those murders happened at.

There was a solum nod between the three men and their conversation went silent.

Still with the three of us it shouldn't an issue. We can watch each others back and take what that snobbish bastard has stored.

One man shook his head before speaking. He was tall and well built easily the strongest of the tree. "I don't know Herb, he has to know that is the worse warehouse in the docks. It aint no accident he picked it. Its either dangerous ro worthless.

A skinny man patted the big one on the shoulder. "Don't worry Hoss it was probably the only one left after the ship carrying the goods had to run from the Glory. Silly pirates won't be welcomed her for a long time for that. Its easy pickings the crew is gonna have to fix their ship and the place will only be lightly guarded. We'll go at midnight just to be sure..