Jungle of Desire (Mind Flayer) GMed by ranger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jungle of Desire (Mind Flayer) GMed by ranger

Sera couldn't help but cringe a bit at the loud creaking of the hinges on the door as she pushed it open. Trying the door on the left like she'd thought to do didn't work, as it was stuck. After looking around in the next two rooms on the left, and seeing what they had to offer, which wasn't much, Sera decided to check the ones on the right side before trying to put her shoulder into the stuck door and try to push it open by force. "Hmm... how far up from here, was that magically sealed door, Ivy?" Sera asked her familiar/friend, a curious look in her eyes.
    Check out My Twitch Channel! I stream a variety of games on it on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, with the occasional stream on Wednesdays, but I try and keep it Wednesdays for a mid week rest day so on those days it's an, I'll stream if I feel like it kind of deal. I try to be as entertaining as possible, and I get salty at games often enough to be funny, at least I think so anyway.

Also check out my erotica novelette, Angel's Sin. There is an image link of my book cover to the Amazon Kindle Store page for it, so check it out.
    Spoiler

It's also on Excitica, which is an erotic book site.

Also check out my brother's sci-fi/drama novel. It's on the Amazon Kindle Store the same as mine, but obviously in a different genre of course. And also check out my Brother's Patreon page to check out all of his books, as he has quite a few on there now that he's written.

Comment

Perception 38 vs 36 success!

"That's the next floor!" Ivy seemed happy to be adventuring again. Moving across the hall Sera opened this door to find it to be another living quarter, though this one was impeccably neat or rather would have been if not for the cobwebs and dust everywhere. Though this looked to have been rather tidy before its abandonment. Still as they moved out the smell of rot made them both gag abit. Hopefully it would pass on the next floor. As she moved on the smell got intense at this door. What ever was rotting was beyond that door....
      sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

"M'kay, we'll try heading up there next then. And huh, last bedroom was messy, this one's neat. And ugh... that smell is horrid. Seems to be coming from behind the stuck door too I think. Might as well open it up and try to get rid of it if we can," Sera said, gagging a little, but keeping herself from vomiting, though she knew that if they either didn't get away soon, or get rid of the smell somehow, she would likely do so.

With that thought in mind, Sera made an effort to slam her shoulder into the stuck door to try and open it, though if that didn't work, she'd prepare herself, while asking Ivy to blast it open for them, in case something was behind it, so she could then blast it.
        Check out My Twitch Channel! I stream a variety of games on it on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, with the occasional stream on Wednesdays, but I try and keep it Wednesdays for a mid week rest day so on those days it's an, I'll stream if I feel like it kind of deal. I try to be as entertaining as possible, and I get salty at games often enough to be funny, at least I think so anyway.

Also check out my erotica novelette, Angel's Sin. There is an image link of my book cover to the Amazon Kindle Store page for it, so check it out.
        Spoiler

Also check out my brother's sci-fi/drama novel. It's on the Amazon Kindle Store the same as mine, but obviously in a different genre of course. And also check out my Brother's Patreon page to check out all of his books, as he has quite a few on there now that he's written.

Comment

Rolls!
          Spoiler

Sera: HP = 45/77, PP = 74, EP = 127, Status = Fine

Putting effort into the door easily burst it open. Smashing the door against the frame on the wall. However this had an almost immediate effect of a large red flowered plant to lash out at Sera easily cutting her skin and drawing blood which the vine seemed to soak up into its self shifting its green hue to more of reddish purple. Drawing back Sera got a look at the ruined room. Numerous desiccated bodies of birds and other small creatures littered the ground. Most were little more than taunt skin on bone but the smell of death and rot still lingered almost intensifying sense the door was open. It looked like this place had been a bed room similar to the others but was no a lair of the plant monster.
          sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

Slamming her shoulder into the door, it burst open, and Sera tumbled through. Sera gasped as the large red flower lashed out and slashed across her waist with its vine, and she recoiled from the pain. "O-Ouch... stupid thing," Sera mumbled under her breath as she backed away from the plant, to look around the room.

As she looked around the room, Sera healed herself to seal her wound, and saw the numerous dead birds and whatnot in there, likely having been drained of their blood by the plant here. She wanted to explore the room some, but knew that she needed to get rid of the plant first, and so she decided to freeze it with one of her powers. "I'm sorry for this, but I can't have you hurting me like you did these poor creatures," Sera said under her breath to the plant, before raising her hand and hurling out her Rimewind Blast.

OOC:
            Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

Rolls!
              Spoiler

Status
              Sera: HP = 43/77, PP = 74, EP = 114/127, Status = grapple
              Vine: 32/45 grapple

Drawing back Sera unleashed a torrent of frozen energy blasting the plant creature which seemed to thrash about. However it was not done and Sera soon found her self wrapped up in the strange thorny vines quickly holding her so she could not escape. Once more she felt her blood seep out of her body as the plant feasted on her vital liquids turning to a lush purple color.
              sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

"N-No, l-let me go you fiend!" Sera cried, struggling to break free, and take the thing out before it could do more, as the thing continued to feed on her blood, little by little.

Thinking quickly, Sera called upon more of her powers, and grew some frosty armor around her, to force the plant to let her go, hopefully.

OOC:
                Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

Rolls!
                  Spoiler

Status!
                  Sera: HP = 43/77, PP = 74, EP = 104/127, Status = Frost armor upkeep 7
                  Vine: 32/45 weakened

Not willing to end up plant food Sera quickly brought forth her chilling armor coating herself in protective ice which seemed to cause the creature to react poorly ot the sudden cold. With a little effort Sera quickly eased out of her captors binds leaving her free to deal with the plant again.
                  sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

Sera gasped as her frosty armor came into existence, and the plant creature let her go finally, landing on the ground, before backing off a little bit. "I'm sorry for this, but you've left me no choice," Sera said, blasting her cold wind at it again before it had a chance to grab her again.

OOC:
                    Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

Rolls
                      Spoiler

Status
                      Sera: HP = 77/77, PP = 74, EP = 81/127, Status = Frost armor upkeep 7
                      Vine: dead

Free and a bit perterb Sera let loose her frozen magic again. This time the plant screed and flailed about before stiffen and wilting away to a shriveled husk. As the air became still again Ivy peeked out from behind the door way. "Is it safe now?" Seeing that it was the small demoness flapped in and landed on Sera's shoulder. "Wow this room stinks!"

Finally able to look about Sera found several books covered by dead animals that still seemed in good condition. As for the room itself it seemed who ever lived here back in its hayday liked plants if the numerous pots of soil indicated anything.
                      sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

"Y-Yeah, I think so. I didn't wanna kill it, but had no choice," Sera said softly, when Ivy.

After the vine creature had been dealt with, Sera sighed softly and dropped her frosty armor, and looked around a little better, asking Ivy to use the soil to cover the dead animals some with her magics, if she didn't mind, to kill the smell some. She hoped to find something of interest in here, that would tell her more about the tower, so she began sifting through the books she found.

OOC: (Drop Frost Armor)

Spoiler

Comment

For the most part the books Sera found dealt with plants and herbs as well as a stray spell book, but as her talents were of a spiritual nature she could make little sense of it. She did find a journal however though given her surroundings perhaps a more..... sanitary place would be best to read. Either way she did crack open the first few pages and found it to be written in a lovely flowing script of a woman named Alice.

"Dear Diary

I have purchased this new volume to start a new segment of my life. The mistress of the tower has taken me under her tutelage with several other apprentices. The first one I met was Claire she seemed a studious one. Not very talkative. The next one I met was Alex.... she seems different and angry. Saw her in her room boy what a mess. The next one I met was Anna she has the room at the far end of the hall near the upper stair.
                          * the rest of this page is too stained to read."
                          sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

Sera looked through most of the books to see what they entailed, and when she found the spell book, she handed it over to Ivy to skim through, since Ivy new magics, rather than spiritual powers. When she found the journal, Sera looked into it some more and read the first entry that she saw, which gave her a list of names, to put onto some of the rooms around here. Nodding, Sera set the journal into her pack, for safe keeping, and decided that she'd read it more later.

With that, Sera headed out and prepared to try heading on further upstairs, checking the door leading up, and seeing if there was any way she could break through it, if it was the sealed one.

Spoiler

Comment

Setting aside the books for now Sera headed for the door. Here she found the wards that Ivy spoke of earlier. While she couldn't see them she could feel their power. Still riding on her shoulder Ivy said a single word and revealed the intricate swirls and patterns of an arcane lock. "Who every made this intended it to last. They even carved it into the door." Looking closely Sera indeed found faint lines etched into the wood. Pointing to one circle on the door. Thats the the one that keeps me out. Normally I would destroy it or dispel it but with it carved into the door and linked to that nasty one right there I didn't risk it.
                              sigpicBecause.. Magic.

Comment

Moving on to the entrance up to the next floor, Sera found the wards Ivy had mentioned before, and nodded, more to herself than anything. "Hmm... is there any way to bypass it? I suppose I could summon one of my sidhe friends to help with it, but there's no way to know if they could actually help with it, or not. Is there any way to see what's on the other side, by chance? If so, we might be able to smash the wall around it, and just go around the wards... maybe," Sera asked Ivy curiously, running her hand across the symbols on the door, trying to make sense of the wards, so she could take them down, perhaps.

Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X