ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Jungle of Desire (Mind Flayer) GMed by ranger

Rolls!
Sera heals and attacks! dealing 35 damage and gaining +20 hp
Flesh Vine attempts to grapple! 62 vs 57 hit! Sera is grappled and drained for 22 hp healing the vine!

Status
Sera: HP = 43/77, PP = 74, EP = 114/127, Status = grapple
Vine: 32/45 grapple

Drawing back Sera unleashed a torrent of frozen energy blasting the plant creature which seemed to thrash about. However it was not done and Sera soon found her self wrapped up in the strange thorny vines quickly holding her so she could not escape. Once more she felt her blood seep out of her body as the plant feasted on her vital liquids turning to a lush purple color.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"N-No, l-let me go you fiend!" Sera cried, struggling to break free, and take the thing out before it could do more, as the thing continued to feed on her blood, little by little.

Thinking quickly, Sera called upon more of her powers, and grew some frosty armor around her, to force the plant to let her go, hopefully.

OOC:
Activate Frost Armor, for 10 EP and try to escape the grapple, unless both of those actions can't be taken in the same turn, in which case just activate the Frost Armor.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls!
Sera cast Frost armor! (sense it can be used while bound or even in a submission hold Ill let you make a grapple check to escape)
Sera is +30 Armor and Dodge +30 damage on melee attacks and +40 grapple
Plant resistance vs Weakened (effect of frost armor) 28 vs 40 fail
Sera attempts to escape grapple! 74 vs 43 success!

Status!
Sera: HP = 43/77, PP = 74, EP = 104/127, Status = Frost armor upkeep 7
Vine: 32/45 weakened

Not willing to end up plant food Sera quickly brought forth her chilling armor coating herself in protective ice which seemed to cause the creature to react poorly ot the sudden cold. With a little effort Sera quickly eased out of her captors binds leaving her free to deal with the plant again.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Sera gasped as her frosty armor came into existence, and the plant creature let her go finally, landing on the ground, before backing off a little bit. "I'm sorry for this, but you've left me no choice," Sera said, blasting her cold wind at it again before it had a chance to grab her again.

OOC:
Use Lay on Hands for 8 EP, as a move action, which should heal 32 HP. Then use Rimewind Blast as a primary action, in a line directly at the plant for 8 EP, (3d4 - 1) *8.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls
Sera heals and casts rimwind blast: Gains 32 hp auto hts for 48 damage

Status
Sera: HP = 77/77, PP = 74, EP = 81/127, Status = Frost armor upkeep 7
Vine: dead

Free and a bit perterb Sera let loose her frozen magic again. This time the plant screed and flailed about before stiffen and wilting away to a shriveled husk. As the air became still again Ivy peeked out from behind the door way. "Is it safe now?" Seeing that it was the small demoness flapped in and landed on Sera's shoulder. "Wow this room stinks!"

Finally able to look about Sera found several books covered by dead animals that still seemed in good condition. As for the room itself it seemed who ever lived here back in its hayday liked plants if the numerous pots of soil indicated anything.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Y-Yeah, I think so. I didn't wanna kill it, but had no choice," Sera said softly, when Ivy.

After the vine creature had been dealt with, Sera sighed softly and dropped her frosty armor, and looked around a little better, asking Ivy to use the soil to cover the dead animals some with her magics, if she didn't mind, to kill the smell some. She hoped to find something of interest in here, that would tell her more about the tower, so she began sifting through the books she found.

OOC: (Drop Frost Armor)

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For the most part the books Sera found dealt with plants and herbs as well as a stray spell book, but as her talents were of a spiritual nature she could make little sense of it. She did find a journal however though given her surroundings perhaps a more..... sanitary place would be best to read. Either way she did crack open the first few pages and found it to be written in a lovely flowing script of a woman named Alice.

"Dear Diary

I have purchased this new volume to start a new segment of my life. The mistress of the tower has taken me under her tutelage with several other apprentices. The first one I met was Claire she seemed a studious one. Not very talkative. The next one I met was Alex.... she seems different and angry. Saw her in her room boy what a mess. The next one I met was Anna she has the room at the far end of the hall near the upper stair.
* the rest of this page is too stained to read."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Sera looked through most of the books to see what they entailed, and when she found the spell book, she handed it over to Ivy to skim through, since Ivy new magics, rather than spiritual powers. When she found the journal, Sera looked into it some more and read the first entry that she saw, which gave her a list of names, to put onto some of the rooms around here. Nodding, Sera set the journal into her pack, for safe keeping, and decided that she'd read it more later.

With that, Sera headed out and prepared to try heading on further upstairs, checking the door leading up, and seeing if there was any way she could break through it, if it was the sealed one.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Setting aside the books for now Sera headed for the door. Here she found the wards that Ivy spoke of earlier. While she couldn't see them she could feel their power. Still riding on her shoulder Ivy said a single word and revealed the intricate swirls and patterns of an arcane lock. "Who every made this intended it to last. They even carved it into the door." Looking closely Sera indeed found faint lines etched into the wood. Pointing to one circle on the door. Thats the the one that keeps me out. Normally I would destroy it or dispel it but with it carved into the door and linked to that nasty one right there I didn't risk it.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Moving on to the entrance up to the next floor, Sera found the wards Ivy had mentioned before, and nodded, more to herself than anything. "Hmm... is there any way to bypass it? I suppose I could summon one of my sidhe friends to help with it, but there's no way to know if they could actually help with it, or not. Is there any way to see what's on the other side, by chance? If so, we might be able to smash the wall around it, and just go around the wards... maybe," Sera asked Ivy curiously, running her hand across the symbols on the door, trying to make sense of the wards, so she could take them down, perhaps.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Maybe we could find a key in one of these rooms or a password? The students had to have a way up right?" Ivy shrugged and let Sera stew on the issue awhile longer. If asked about blasting the door or the wall Ivy would suggest against it. as it was probably protected and with a large hole already in the tower making more might not be so good.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmm, that's right, they would have to have a way to get through easily and stuff. Come on, let's check the rest of the rooms. We'll force the doors open if we got to," Sera said, agreeing with Ivy that they might find a key or password in the other rooms.

She proceeded to check each of the closed rooms until she found something of interest, with Ivy's help, slamming her shoulder into the doors to force them open, unless she was forced to have Ivy knock them open with some magic.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sera's first room checked turned out to be completely empty. The second however was another neat or rather would have been neat room if not for the dust. Checking the room she found a single corpse laying in the middle of the floor its body long turned to skeletal remains. Checking over the body Sera found a set of keys.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Finding the old skeleton of one of the old students in the second room she checked, Sera noticed the set of keys and took them, saying a little prayer over the long since dead corpse to help guide it in the afterlife. "Hey Ivy, does that door out there have a keyhole? I found some keys here," Sera asked her companion.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Humm nope... but! I think I found something come here." Following her familiars call Sera saw her pointing at a strange symbol on the door. "One of these keys might work here." Looking at the symbol it glowed with arcane runes in two opposite spinning circles. Looking to her keys Sera found five of them flat and snubbed nose each one was a different color. Blue, Green, Red, Orange, and Purple. Looking too the door for clues didn't help as the floating arcane text was either indecipherable or too advanced for Ivy to read.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"What is it, Ivy?" Sera asked, coming over to check out what her companion was wanting her to check out.

"Huh... might as well try a couple of them out. Let's go blue and red, I guess," Sera said after a few moments, pulling the blue and red keys up and trying them in the arcane symbols, cautiously though.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Placing the blue key in the center of the spinning circles caused the first one to stop and pulse a bit before collapsing to the key and vanishing. the second spinning circle took its place and spun not reacting to the blue key at all. Placing the red key in provoked a similar reaction until the circle touched the key. It was then that all the arcane symbols flashed red and Sera felt a tiny static shock. Pulling back she saw the first circle reappear. However she was distracted by Ivy suddenly having a fit of laughter. In between gasps of air she managed to get hear what Ivy was saying. "HAHAHAHA Sear... ahahaha your... pink.... I think... its your hahahaha Color hahahahaha." Looking at one of the mirrors in the dorm room it was turned her skin had turned a very girly pink color.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Placing the keys into their places, Sera was at first calm and just went about her business without any real thoughts about it, until she got the little zap, and let out a little yelp, and jumped back a bit. Looking over at Ivy, who was laughing like crazy, Sera then looked down at herself when Ivy spoke, and gasped. "W-What the... hell?!!!" Sera cried out, frantically trying to pull the keys out to reverse whatever had been done. "C-Come on Ivy, help me out here," Sera whined to her friend.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After calming a bit Ivy looked her over and smiled. "It should fade after awhile." Turning back to the keys Ivy decided to try them. Following the first step Ivy used the blue key and then took the orange and tried it ending up with a similar event except she turned orange. Hrumphing the small demoness crossed her arms. "We need another clue not all the traps will be harmless."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Aye, I doubt they'd all be harmless. I wonder, let's look through the journals then. Maybe one of them has something about the keys in it," Sera said, after Ivy turned orange, which had Sera giggling a bit at Ivy's misfortune, after Ivy had told her it ought to fade after a while.

With that, Sera began rummaging through the journals she'd gotten, and looking back through the rooms again to see if she overlooked anything, going carefully through both the rooms and books, to keep from missing anything.