No announcement yet.

The Great Hunt (Tassadar) GM'ed by MAF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ahhh..." That sound of understanding, trailing off into silence, was totally inadequate for the gravity of what Twig had been trying to do. She had felt that foreign influence trying to interrupt her vision, whatever it was... But Twig had been working to keep it at bay. The power was beyond his, and doing so might have exposed him to its ire in the long run, but he had done it anyway... All to protect her. Kavika rarely thought much of the people on her side barring how to keep them from harm as much as possible. She didn't relate well, didn't emote well, and generally used people as assets even as much as she tried to protect them from harm as best she could.

But Twig had just done something different. He hadn't been following orders. He'd been doing... Well, something like she might have done. And he'd done it without even thinking about it, asking, or expecting anything from her.

After a few moments Kavika stood up, and moved behind Twig. She settled back down, pillowing his head against and between her breasts as she knelt down and wrapped her arms around his sides. "Thank you," she said quietly, "okay is... A stretch. There is still so much to do... But we can only conquer one problem at a time, and try to stay sane in the process." She would rest there for a little while, letting Twig take what comfort he could in her presence in turn, before saying; "Why don't we go and get something to eat, and then settle in for bed? I will have to get back out there tomorrow and deal with more of our many problems, but tonight it can be just us."
    sigpic
    Spoiler

Moar Pics for characters and stuff

Comment

When Kavika stood up, Twig looked up with curiosity. "Oh... Are you going somewhere already?" he inquired, looking a bit sad at first, before she sat down right behind him. "Oh!" he gave a start. Hugged, and welcomed into her warmth, Twig snuggled against her, seemingly as happy as could be. "I wish you could stay forever, and that I could enjoy your presence like this, Kavika." Twig declared. "I would love to eat and go to bed with you. I might have to hold onto you though... I feel a bit light." he chuckled, wrapping one arm around her waist.
      Spoiler

Comment

"Were it so easy..." Kavika replied, her voice trailing off again until she brought up her suggestion. The huntress smiled indulgently in response to Twig's happiness, and when they rose together she laughed lightly. "That's fine... Come along then!" The night spent would be a relaxing one, unless they were interrupted by something.

But the following day would bring the end of her leisure. Korgoth's hordes would not stop expanding their territory and conquering her people, ensuring that more would be captured, enslaved, addicted to the drug, and ultimately bred out of existence by his mutant orcs and monstrous beasts. She saw to the immediate needs of her people, guiding their training and seeing if any had improved. She saw to her family's needs, seeing that Riaxis could feed while she was away if possible, and the raising of her orcish daughters. Those reminded her that already some of her progeny were among Korgoth's minions, planted in her womb by force when she'd been drugged while in Swiftclaw's clutches, and that there was every chance that such could easily happen again. The nightmares returned, drawing her into the visions of being pinned and forcibly bred by Korgoth's minions, his lowest or his elites... Kavika took a moment to shrug herself free of such dark portents.

Routa would keep, for now. She had to deal with her addiction, and if possible with whatever sending her these nightmares, for such consistent visions could only be from an outside source. Unfortunately, the only one she knew of who might have answers for her regarding the nature of that drug... Was the very orc who had first exposed her to it. Where that lieutenant might be, however, Kavika did not know off the top of her head. He had been responsible for slaving before, so that might be where he was. She didn't even know his name, but that at least she might be able to ascertain... She just had to seek out Clavicus. If he didn't know, then perhaps he could at least give her a lead. If he couldn't offer even that, Kavika would have to go a more direct route, and one that she intended to do anyway; go raiding slave caravans to get some more information. It would do to acquire more recruits, hurt Korgoth's pockets, cut down on his number of minions and breeders and draw the attention of the slaver.
        sigpic
        Spoiler

Comment

Twig, Kavika found, was like a puppy in love. He followed her throughout the night, eating with her, and almost every word he spoke was like a compliment flattering her. Just in that night alone, it was clear he practically worshiped her ever since they were young. Even before he had the capability of lust. "I always thought you were awesome... Everyone in the village looked down on you because you were the child of rape by a worthless father. But your eyes... Were always hard, and powerful. It felt like I was only ever the person who saw that strength in you, and because of that... I felt like I was the only one who saw you for who you were. Your mother always chased me away, saying that only a man far larger and much stronger would fit you. But... At some point, you accepted me. I don't know why, but I'm just happy that by being persistent, I got you to treat me like a man. Speaking of..." the tired mage smiled and blushed. "... May I call you my wife tonight?" he inquired. It was never formal, but it was clear. Twig was asking Kavika to spend a long time with him tonight. Based on how she felt, she knew she was ovulating. It seemed he knew that as well, looking flushed as he wished to have a child with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her people seemed better, but far from any major improvements. They were stronger, especially once food arrived early. It was apparent that Swiftclaw sent the food early in good faith. When she checked on Riaxis... She saw that her boy was making progress with Slinger, the proud pistoleer. She acted prideful and often sneered at him, but Kavika could both see the newfound maturity in her son's movements and how that maturity was rubbing off on Slinger. "As my mother's son, I can help you with your situation. Being what I am... I can think of none other than you." he declared to Slinger. "I need your strong willed soul, Slinger. I'm in love with it." he declared. Those last words, in addition to the first, had them walking to the bar to drink together... Indeed, Riaxis was feeding that night.

Her orc daughters, Sane and Iriel, were together under the care of Junger and seemingly various mercenaries in passing. A particular merc apparently recently had a pregnancy and was acting as a wet nurse in place of Kavika.

Coming to Clavicus, the man gave his familiar lewd smile. She saw his eyes gobble up her thick frame with lust. The blush on his face was clear that in just a split second he was thinking about fucking her. "... That orc?" he inquired. "Ah, actually, he might be the same one who sent us those messages, calling for you by name. The same one who said he was offering supplies of the drug if you came unarmed and peaceful. Last I heard, you yourself didn't want to go into that obvious trap."
          Last edited by Mamono Assault Force; 1 week ago.
          Spoiler

Comment

Kavika bore Twig's adoration and constant stream of compliments with happy dignity, indulging him with her time for as long as she had to spare it. Which, sadly, wasn't long.

And more unfortunately, wasn't without drama, to an extent. The weight attached to that request towards the end of the night annihilated Kavika's indulgent smile, for Twig had earlier determined that she was only then fertile via a spell, following some concerns somewhere in their time spent together. However he somehow expressed his desire to get a child on her, Kavika would calmly but firmly refuse. "We can sleep together, of course. You have earned the right to that whenever you like. But children... You have earned that right too, but... Not now," she said, "I won't be around here for long, and I don't have the time... To spend months being pregnant right now. When this is over, we can start our family... And if it happens in a moment of passion, so be it. But I will not do it in purpose, when it is likely that it will leave me weaker in battle and risk putting our children in the clutches of Korgoth and his minions."
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riaxis seducing Slinger passed without comment or action on her part; it wasn't a problem and it meant that her demonic son's need for energies were sated, even if his efforts were.... Worthy only of derisive laughter or disgusted cringing, in her mind.

Seeing that her daughters were well cared for, Kavika spent some time playing with them, questioning their caretakers and wetnurse as to their wellbeing. It was another stolen moment of almost normality from this freakish war, which was increasingly leaving their lands overrun by mutants and demons that had been things of nightmare and legend before, or dominated by the orcish hordes that seemed determined to spread them. A brief relief, but a relief nonetheless.

Clavicus, when Kavika went to him, reacted to her presence as he always did, and though she'd been with him in a carnal sense before, she still characteristically glared back to meet his lascivious grinning. "Yes, that orc," Kavika confirmed, "the one who infected me with this addiction, turned our elders mad with it, and enslaved our people.... THAT orc." Her expression flattened at his further explanation, but when he'd finished she replied; "Messages? How would we even receive them, this place is supposed to be secluded, secret... And no, I would not go into so obvious a trap! I require his name, and his location. He is currently my only lead on finding an antidote to this... Sickness. Tis a thing that you should be seeking as well, is it not?"
            sigpic
            Spoiler

Comment

Twig would have nodded, and accepted her words. He looked sad that she said what she did, but Twig in the end was obedient. That night however, he certainly did claim his right to bed her... Taking a moment to amp up his form to something more impressive on his own, without much permission. Seemingly out of frustration of being refused and holding it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clavicus chuckled. "I've been thinkin' I might be able to shake it off if I just... Endure it." he said. He looked his usual self, but upon saying that, Kavika found that his pale expression wasn't just the usual Crolian cold, he was actively abstaining from the drug, and looking pale for it. "'Cides, I just can't get in the mood at such a bad time if I DO take it, you know? Something you likely don't think about is: Not everyone has sexual stress relief at their beck and call. And that stuff made me so horny I came in your ass over a dozen times." he chuckled. "Merc scouts found the messages he left. Hunting areas, water supplies. Places he expected us to be. Or outright a lone orc moving about the plains getting chased off before thrusting his messages. Slinger said Korgoth would have no clue our exact location, since the orcs were kind of just scattered. Doesn't help the enemy none if all their sentries go off when trying to pin point us, since we also have presence going far thanks to the mercs and all the friends you made. But as for his location, nobody knows anything other than what the messagers gave, which is a singular location, an orc outpost. Scouts say that the orcs there are hundred-strong. Not a few, but not that many either. However, the ones there are those orcs in black armor. The ones that Routa fought and lost against. Clear he's important, because it sounded like his protection was serious business."
              Spoiler

Comment

Kavika's eye twitched slightly, but then her scowl softened as she realized that Clavicus was indeed attempting to quit the drug by abstinence. "You know, more often than not, it's been me providing relief for someone else... Or induced by the drug or some substitute for it," she replied with a bridled air, though her countenance still wasn't as hostile as it had been upon first receiving his lascivious staring. "It's good that you don't think to try me again like that... I've gotten much more talented since then, you'd likely be reduced to a dried out husk by the time I was satisfied."

His explanation of the forces seemingly commanded by the orc lieutenant that had first drugged her soured her expression further. It would not be an easy thing to siege, and with such an elite bodyguard they would not be easy to let him be lured into a trap. Letting him decide the nature of their meeting would be suicidal at worst, and a waste of time at best. This would require planning... "Serious business indeed... This will require some further scouting," Kavika declared, before turning to leave. She paused at the door, however, glancing over her shoulder and adding; "You surprise me Clavicus... Perhaps you are indeed a man after all."

With that done, Kavika would see to a few other matters as she prepared to further examine the orc slaver's hideout in the interests of wiping out its occupants. First and foremost, she would seek a method to ensure that she would no longer be so easily impregnated; there were charms, she knew, that could render a woman barren or a man impotent. She required one, and if Twig could make one, all the better. If not, she would just have to go and trade for it. After that, she would see if Audi was about and interested in joining her. This would be a task of stealth and guile, a large force would likely only cause more problems than it would solve; wiping out some of Korgoth's elites would be a bonus on top of getting some answers relating to the drug she'd been forcibly addicted to.
                sigpic
                Spoiler

Comment

Between her stating her skill and calling him a man, Clavicus waved her off. "Oi, I'm suffering here. Stop saying shit like that that'll break what little self-control I have left." he rushed her away, as it seemed he was swooning badly in the mind as he continued contact with Kavika's apparent intense sexuality.

Requesting a meeting with Audi, it seemed Kavika was lucky enough to catch her in camp. She doesn't seem to frequent often. "No need, I am the reason why we even found the place. All the other scouts avoided any presence of orcs to avoid being caught. I'm the one who found out his location and that he was even in there to begin with. You'll get a few dicks in you often, but it's easy to sneak around camps with slaves in them, provided they frequently trade them around and don't get too used to their company." she explained. "Combined with that, I've already been looking into that drug you're addicted to. And I've clues to the cure's location. Naturally, it'd be where you expect. With Korgoth in his main camp. Or somewhere in it. Now... THAT is a place I'm afraid of. There is a lot of talent there, and I can't begin to tell you how much I hate mages. Paranoid mages in particular." she rolled her eyes. And as it just so happened, she was bathing in the hot springs, her favorite place to be. "I'm looking into other options at the moment. I'll let you know if I find anything."

Meanwhile, Twig would declare that he can make it, he'd just need supplies for it. (Standard rules for making such a thing apply, with Twig having 5 dice into the trade.)
                  Spoiler

Comment

With her parting with Clavicus leaving Kavika smirking in a satisfied manner to herself, Kavika discovered Audi in the hot springs located near their camps. Stripping, Kavika slipped in to join her, though she didn't make to join the assassin too closely and instead spread her arms and relaxed. She listened to her explanation without interruption, her lips thin as she hung on every word. "Naturally," Kavika remarked dryly. "why would it be anywhere else... So, you think it a waste of my time to go and see to this other orc? I was thinking of wiping out his guardian garrison and perhaps leaving him to bleed out on the snow."

Later, Kavika would hand over the gold needed for Twig to acquire the materials necessary to make her charm.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler

Comment

Audi rose her head when she brought up going to see him. "I automatically figured you'd never show such weakness to the enemy." she declared. "I can tell you what to expect, though I can't tell you if it'd be a waste of time. I don't know how the drug is affecting you right now. And that would be the reason you'd go to see him instead of outright killing him. He provides the drug to those he's victimized. Unlike many other orcs, he doesn't take prisoners unless they're weak. He just drugs them and then sells them their bestowed addiction. Generally, that's how he recruits powerful people into Korgoth's army instead of rendering them mere prisoners. He's probably here on a mission to break your spirit and turn you into a powerful soldier in Korgoth's army. You'll notice that some of his personal guard aren't orcs as well, if you go there. They're people who feed on his provisions of the drug. And he uses their skilled services to protect himself. A real bad fellow. But you shant expect to be chained if you go there... You CAN expect to be assaulted sexually though. He fucks both men and women. I think he just likes dominating people. Not sure." she shrugged.

Meanwhile, Twig made what she wished into a ring with an insignia of the first letter of his name in Crolian etched onto it, bestowed with the power to block pregnancies. "This will be as close as I can ever come to protecting you, I think." he'd chuckle. Kavika was down 30 denarii for this craft.
                      Last edited by Mamono Assault Force; 2 days ago.
                      Spoiler

Comment

"I was satiated recently... But I'd like to be rid of the need for it as quickly as I can, and barring that have a supply on hand," Kavika replied reassuringly. "He sounds like a real winner... If I do go to see him, it won't involve going to see him directly under terms that he might dictate. Walking into Korgoth's settlements has grown old, even if it is a good way to gather information. If he won't come out to see me, in a place of my choosing, I'd be killing off the entire garrison, probably starting with preparing surprises for whoever chases me once I've started picking off the sentries." Her brow furrowed as she contemplated such a plan. "There are more problems with that than I'd initially thought though... Archers, fighters, riders and warbeasts, those I can deal with. Sorcerers though... And things that fly... He sounds like he's following Korgoth's example, surrounding himself with powerful that he has dragged under his influence."

"May it not be needed save between us," Kavika replied to Twig once the ring was delivered, slipping it onto her left ring finger so that it wouldn't inhibit the use of her bow.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler

Comment

Audi let out a hum. "Yeah, he's got a whole strange crew of misfits. Each one of them are capable in their own right. And sadly enough, far more capable than the lot you've assembled, save some exceptions. Then again... You haven't done any dedicated recruiting. It's no wonder your force is rather insignificant."
                          Spoiler

Comment

"Mmm... Well, I have you... Junger... Twig has his uses... Slinger and her crew to an extent... The healer I picked up with the minotaur, who himself now has a pair of helpers... I ought to get them under control at some point," Kavika listed aloud, giving a thoughtful hum. "That gives an idea... Perhaps I'd be able to make this into a recruiting drive of sorts, rather than a simple slaughter?"
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler

Comment

Audi rose a brow. "... Wait, you mean instead of killing his recruited soldiers, you want to re-recruit them?" she inquired. "That's... An idea. I suppose."
                              Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                              X