What's new

DTT Revival - Game 2 ; Sign-ups

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Since Game 1 is getting close to finished, I'll open up preemptive sign-ups for the second game. I'll be allowing the Infected Maiden (Neutral Killing) into the possibilities. As well, if any of you have any suggestions from last game, voice them here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T37eZ55Hcmc

1: Hope
2: Plmnko
3: Maximum-Roman Guy
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: DTT Revival - Game 2 ; Sign-ups

I'm in.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I'm not. (boo hoo I know..)

This is too reliant on night abilities and involves exactly zero skill by any individual player. The same would be said about the game this is based off of. I would rather play a classic game of mafia.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Oh please.

Its already so easy to play this game using tactics.

I want to play too

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'll play. Been following the last game for a few days now.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We have people in the first one that dont even want to be playing and people are signing up for a second.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let me start by saying thank you to MAF for running this game--despite the flaws that I'm about to discuss, I enjoyed playing the game a great deal. I didn't really want to voice my criticisms here before now, as some of them were tied to my role.
First, there were no random roles, whether Shinto random or even Any random. This weights the game heavily in the Shinto's favor, especially after a Shinto was revealed and did the whole "tell me your roles."

Second, I felt that the Wych (my role) was rather nerf'ed, given that she was unable to affect roleblockers. Part of that may have been frustration at the rather poor luck I had with my night ability: it never actually worked (1st night I tried to control the Shinto Leader, 2nd night jailed, etc.) and when I wanted to use it to keep a Peacemaker from protecting the Interrogator there was no opportunity to do so.

Third, it seemed like we took way too long for each night and day. There was generally a flurry of activity within the first five hours of each new day, then almost NO posts for 24-48 more hours. If people were still carrying on debates up until a few hours before the end of each day, the duration would be justifiable; but they weren't.

Fourth, I agree that participation from the players was poor. There's no other way to say that.

Finally, I'm rather frustrated that you called the game in favor of the Shinto once they figured out the roles. They really weren't assured of a win--as of the next morning, they still lacked the voting power to burn anyone (only 4 of 8 players were Shinto), AND their four votes were NEVER aligned in the same direction. Also, Toxic had revealed the Interrogator and the subsequent flurry of bullshit had muddied the water--it was still in question whether Yomi or Ikumi were the Peacemaker/Seducer.
With that said, I agree with your decision to end the game, even if I don't agree with your ruling. I'm also pleased to see that freeko will not be participating in future games, as he was ignorant to the point of trolling (he just now figured out the Crazed Maiden marks).

Anyway, thanks for running the game. All criticisms aside, I'm sure it was a fair amount of coordination on your part and I appreciate it.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm hoping Zilrax executed the crazed like we all assumed was correct, where I was blocking Shiori. If so, we would have had 2 cultists and the wych, but the only killer left would not be able to act unless I were lynched.

Granted, I thought there were a lot of mistakes too, but with me being able to block and Zil being able to as well, with added killing, I don't know how much could have been done.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm hoping Zilrax executed the crazed like we all assumed was correct, where I was blocking Shiori. If so, we would have had 2 cultists and the wych, but the only killer left would not be able to act unless I were lynched.
And I had asked Yomi (and yourself) to block Vaiza, preventing the Interrogator from using her killing ability at night. I was also forcing Shinobu to visit Vaiza, throwing off another town ability (albeit pointlessly). Providing that Yomi followed my instructions, there was no way for the Shinto to kill at night, and they would have to get the Crazed Maiden to vote with them in order to lynch anyone in the day. I applaud your efforts, but we were actually heading towards a draw.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Interrogator is roleblock immune, that's how I found her and the whole thing got muddled in the first place, remember? Your only possible win was you controlling me and throwing me to block one of the Shinto, probably the healer for the best. Cuz then I wouldn't block the fhalma, and the person would definitely die.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interrogator can jail someone, true, but roleblocking an Interrogator prevents them from using their killing action at night.

Also the Wych control was only as effective as roleblocking, per MAF ruling, so I actually could NOT control your actions.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Nope. Interrogator had that removed, and instead got the "vigilante" crux of killing themselves if they were wrong

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I'm also pleased to see that freeko will not be participating in future games, as he was ignorant to the point of trolling (he just now figured out the Crazed Maiden marks).
The crazed maiden marks were of no relevance to me during the game.

If Tassadar guessed wrong on me and killed another Shinto, that would have literally crushed the shinto faction right then and right there.

It is pretty obvious that I do not care for the Town of Salem style of game, so if anything I would host it if MAF wanted to play since I sure do not want to.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nope. Interrogator had that removed, and instead got the "vigilante" crux of killing themselves if they were wrong
Mamono Assault Force said:
The maiden the Interrogator has captured is considered Immune, and cannot be killed, even if a killer can ignore night immunity!. But, the Interrogator CAN be killed herself while capturing someone. She can also be Role Blocked, but this ONLY prevents her from KILLING her captive. In addition, if she captures the Possessed Maiden, she will be raped that night if the Interrogator does not execute her.
I checked this several times on the last day. Yomi could prevent Vaiza from killing at night.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It seems halfway through the game, interrogators reaction to roleblocking changed.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I had the change to the Interrogator down, as I decided on some balance changes while adding them in. However, some parts of the extensive role list are missing pieces, and that is one of them. Likely because when I wrote Immune, I didn't specify and assumed I wrote it correctly.

Also, the ruling to the Shinto victory was due to an idle Crazed Maiden, and the 'Fhalma being blocked. All that was left was for the (highly manipulatable) Interrogator to be told who to execute, which is what Toxic was going for.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

True, but the Interrogator couldn't kill if roleblocked, which was what I instructed both potential Seducers to do.

Also, half of the Shinto seemed rather idle.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

The way I see it, the game would have either stalemated or ended in Shinto's favor without some considerable shenanigans on the cult's part that'd convince enough people to vote on, say, Ikumi for example. I'm not saying that declaring Shinto victory wasn't potentially premature, but it was not completely unreasonable.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is still up for a game of Defeat the Tentacles? I stumbled across it and thought it deliciously manipulative :D, but not enough people have signed up yet...

There are some balancing issues/player inactivity as Hopeyouguess62 said, so perhaps that could be worked out before the next game starts, or if it proves too impossible give it all back to Cthulhu.

I thought maybe the cultists should gradually learn who each other are (would they have all been converted by the same seductive, pleasurable tentacle... Mmhmmm yes... More... a little to the left...), and a post limit per day, excluding lynch and whispers. Also, maybe the Sherlock could anonymously post their findings, or have a class that could publicly divine whether Shinto or Cultist without saying their role.

Anyway, hope you join. Or post. Or shoot the idea down.

VSPAR

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm new, and I'm in.

Now how do you play? Don't worry about it, I'll figure it out as I go along.