The Cat's Share (Kat) GMed by Takimaru

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Cat's Share (Kat) GMed by Takimaru

Ichimi's sarcastic quip wouldn't ruffle the hustler in the slightest. "To be fair, every pocket picked here in Naralona has a fair chance of landing you a new job as someone's housecat," responded Cedrian coolly, though not so much as to downplay the seriousness of such a potential outcome. "And hey, I didn't necessarily mean to get you a drink here, of all places. Wherever you want to go."

~~~~~​

"So confident," he would say in response to the catgirl's declaration of infallibility against the members of the town guard. "I like it. But a plan B never hurts, either."

Then, perhaps as expected, Ichimi would go on to make her own case as to why she didn't need such an adornment, followed by a remark that was perhaps meant to pre-emptively shut off any attempts at persuasion on Cedrian's part.

The well-dressed swindler was not to be discouraged, however, and made a timely reply in his usual tone. "Convincing people to do things? I save that for our marks, hon. Not for you," he answered with apparent sincerity.

Her argument wasn't enough to dissuade him, however, as his rebuttal came swiftly. "If some guy is really determined enough, nobody's going to stop him from bending the rules to his advantage. But these are men in uniform we're talking about--they're used to following protocol. One collar is one more reason for them not to go against the system. And as for a second reason..."

"Don't ask how I know this, but slaves in Naralona are expected to have paperwork on hand--but only on the owner's side. Kind of unorganized, isn't it? Well, you can't expect the city to keep track of every single slave in it, I guess. Either way, we can use that little loophole to our advantage. If you do get tossed in the slammer, I'll have all the... 'prepared' paperwork ready to go. After all, nobody at the station can argue when we know everything about you that there is to ask. The collar matching our papers just makes for a far more convincing case. Then, even the most corrupt guard will realize he's screwing with a very important noble. If he did take your collar off, then he'd know exactly what was on it, and the kind of trouble he could get in once the descriptions are matched up properly..." he trailed off, letting Ichimi do the math herself.

"At any rate, if you don't pick one out yourself, I'll have to get one for you anyway, since we'll need it for the disguise. I'm guessing you like... bright pink? With little rubies on it? You'd better correct me if I'm wrong." He grinned, taking a look at the available selections through the store window and then making his way inside. Ichimi could attempt to physically stop him, but she would have to be quick.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Everything anyone ever says to another person is them trying to convince that person to do something.” Ichimi answered in a grim matter-of-fact tone.
Despite the grim tone, it wasn't an accusatory one though. Her tone was not that of someone angrily calling out a lie, but rather an acknowledge of a less-than-pleasant fact of life. It was a declaration, that despite her inability to read or manipulate people as well as her partner, she wasn't so naive or immature as to not understand how this part of life worked. She was being manipulated into doing something she didn't want to do and she knew it... the only variables here were the degree and how “fair” she thought the attempt was. So far both were in acceptable limits.

“I'm not surprised, the officials here love their paper-work.” the felvari replied to her partner's explanation, still not convinced.
“You get caught stealing a piece of bread from a street stall and the wind-up toys complain about how much paper is involved in taking you in. Most of the time they're so lazy they won't even do it if they can get back whatever you stole. They're looking for promotions or a reward, not more work... although I suppose they have a good chance at either if they were to catch me now, but that's not the point. The point is that I could have guessed they'd want paper for everything, it's not like they can do anything without it being a huge waste of unnecessary work.”
Ichimi paused as if to mentally recite all that over and make sure it correct.
“Anyway, it doesn't even matter, fancy official papers are made on fancy official paper, with fancy official stamps, and fancy official seals, and all kinds of fancy official crap like that. It's not like we can just grab some ink and write one up ourselves. We don't HAVE anything like that to work wi...”
Here was where everything fell apart for the felvari. They DID have something to work with from their last haul. The merchant they had ripped off had all kinds of official papers and stuff, a fact that had crammed away as “boring” in the “low-priority” parts of her memory. The papers were easy enough to “wash” clean and change with edits afterwards... certain mixtures could be used to dissolve the ink beyond a trace without damaging anything else... it was a process she had seen Josias do a few times before, even if she didn't understand the specifics of how it worked.
She had lost her argument, and to refuse that now would be no better than throwing a childish temper tantrum. Her hands curled into fists for a moment as she went silent with frustration, but her pride demanded she continue to follow Cedrian towards the shop, considering it the lesser blow.
“You're still going to be responsible for anything I do now, you know that right?”
It was one last weak argument along the way. While it was true a slave-owner was responsible for the actions of their slave, a normal human taking responsibility could get away with a lot more than she could... and if she did something so bad that there was no taking responsibility, well she'd take the hit alone rather than bring her “family” down with her. She knew she didn't have to explain any of this... and soon fell silent again until they were practically at the door.

“-wait!”
As the pair finally approached the door, Ichimi would make a grab for her partner's arm.
“We both know I can't pick something out. It wouldn't look right when you're the “master”. She started out, her tone showing she had been wounded just a little by the last bit of commentary, even if it was just teasing.
“No solid metal, no choke chains, no enchanted stuff... OK?” she continued in a wary, slightly scared, tone as she listed off various torture implements she had seen used before.
Only when she got some sort of affirmative answer would she let go with her grip, take a deep breath to prepare for more acting, and follow into the shop.

"And no pink..."
This time her tone sounded more annoyed. Although whether it was a genuine sign of acceptance and normalcy or just a good cover for more vulnerable feelings was... hard to discern.

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At Ichimi's grim reply, Cedrian gave her a knowing look, his smile not fading by much if at all. It was very difficult to diminish the level of control that the swindler retained over himself, as well as the situations he often found himself in. Unlike the catgirl, the head of their little group of thieves was an optimist, and it wasn't difficult to see why. As a human, and a rather good looking one at that, he lived in a society that accepted and trusted him perfectly. In a way, he might be considered the most different from Ichimi given the vast difference in their circumstances; while she walked around with a hood and cloak on to avoid arrest, he talked his way into VIP sections. And yet somehow, they wound up on the same side.

"Preaching to one who already believes, dear. Though it's nice to know that you've gotten a good idea of how things work around here," he remarked. "But the great thing about that sense of order, of predictability, is that it can be used to one's benefit. Take our 'friend' from earlier. Being exposed to all the kinds of paper and numbers he deals with on a daily basis... it can't be too difficult to take care of the bookkeeping for him. After all, if there's anything you can do, it's the math, isn't it?" Indeed, the Felvari had done exactly that with regards to their latest mark in Rodrigo, and conceded the point. Cedrian would take it gracefully, ignoring the temptation to rub it in the way Augusto might have done in a similar scenario. "And sure, I'll be glad to take responsibility. Seeing as you haven't brought any unwanted guests back, I'm fairly confident in that you won't cause me too much trouble."

She would stop him before he entered the shop, giving a reminder of what he likely already knew. "I'm not asking you to pick with your mouth, hon," he replied in a similar volume. "Just rub your eye at it or something--believe me, whatever it is you end up doing, I'll know when you see it."

Nonverbal signals were a part of Cedrian's game, and all too often he made it a point of looking for such cues from marks. It certainly wouldn't be difficult for him to read Ichimi in the same manner.

With that, the two entered the accessories store, a fashionably high-end place for wealthy slave owners. Hanging on the walls were countless collars made from various materials, with leashes and other such equipment behind the counter. Various piercings and a selection of brands were also located in one case off to the side. She would have to follow him in under the guise of a servant, though the swindler helped make this clear by conversing with her in an audible voice. "Well, Ciari, I'm just going to have to find you something that you won't lose this time around..." he started.

It was enough to gain the attention of the shopkeeper, a fancily dressed man whose bright-colored plumes and frills, along with his tone of voice, proved flamboyant to the point of femininity. "Oooh~! Looking for a new collar for a naughty one, are we? You've come to the right place! I have quite a few that won't come off so easily. Enchanted ones, even! Leather, iron and even steel--solid or chain, your choice. Attachments for leashes as well." The owner, whose flowing, wavy brown locks bounced with every step, even took the time to move out from behind the counter and approach his potential customer, as the store was otherwise empty. He would continue his sales pitch, making exaggerated motions of his hands and arms towards their admittedly impressive selection of goods. "Mmm, maybe a full-body harness is more your style? We also have piercing services, if you like... or perhaps something a bit more permanent, like branding?"

He didn't even need to talk as much as he did for Ichimi to take note of the vast options laid before her. Many were decidedly lewd, like a lattice made from black leather and rings meant to accentuate certain parts of a female's body... and probably meant to be worn with nothing else on. She had seen the slave Felvari in other establishments, but these... many of these goods were no doubt meant for the bedroom or more risque settings. Some of the collars had built-in gags, made from rings or hollow steel balls perforated with numerous holes. Others had simple rings upon which to attach a leash. Spikes, studs, locks, jeweled adornments of various types, engraved name plates, and even accents made from lace or fur were apparently available. Naturally, the accessories came in just about every color imaginable; not just white, black, green, red, blue, pink and purple, but various shades of each and then some.

"That I am," Cedrian responded. "You might say she's learned her lesson by now. I am looking for something different, though. Quite a selection you've got," he added.

"Why, thank you! I make sure to always have the finest in stock," replied the shopkeeper proudly, feeling somewhat bolstered in the ego department.

"But it is enough to give me pause, thanks to all of the possibilities, so I'm just going to browse a bit for now. I'll be sure to bother you with some more questions in a moment or two."

"Wonderful! Let me know how I can help!" exclaimed the fancy seller, before graciously giving way for the customer to have a look around at his own pace. Cedrian would lead Ichimi through the various sections, taking careful looks at each of the goods. They were, understandably, on the expensive side, so it wouldn't look unusual for him to play the part of a discerning buyer.

Last edited:

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Always gotta make things complicated, huh? Fine, I'll try and pick something out... but I'd rather get this over with quickly, so don't expect me to put a whole lot of thought and effort into it.”
Annoyed but satisfied with the answer she received, Ichimi loosened her grip on her partner and followed him into the shop.
“At least this way I won't get pink...” she mumbled under her breath on the way in.

Aside from Ichimi and Cedrian themselves and the apparent shop owner, there didn't seem to be anyone to be anyone else browsing or shopping for the moment. Ichimi was fine with this, preferred it even... a shop like this was already a strange an uncomfortable place for the felvari, and to have seen some of the wares there actually being used or tried out was an unnerving thought. However, whatever good fortune has kept the shop empty would be balanced out by the owner of the establishment being all too eager to shower his new customers with his full attention.
“You're awfully “delicate-looking” to be running a shop like this, Frills.”
From the instant the shopkeeper spoke, Ichimi already immediately hated him. It wasn't his feminine mannerisms or looks, the felvari had already gotten used to such things from having Rio around... but rather it was the fact that he seemed to take so much pride in his work. Rio too had taken pride in his work, but unlike the tailor Ichimi knew, there was nothing beautiful or genuine about his wares... nothing made to make someone feel loved or special or bring out their best. This was all some weird perversion, that drove in the fact for Ichimi that she wasn't a person here. Not a person... what a fucking hilarious idea coming from this waste of man. In a way it would almost be better if he had been big and intimidating as opposed to this.
“Yeah Frills, keep talking about your piercing and brands. Make no mistake, between the two of us you're the bitch here. 5 minutes alone with me and you'd be the one with the branding... assuming I didn't just ram the redhot iron up your ass and leave it there. Easy to feel tough with all these restraints, but you'd never get me into any of them without help, you fucking flamboyant little shit.”
As the shopkeeper continued to speak, Ichimi felt her hate turn into hostility, even as she fought to keep her face passive. The hair of her ears and tail stood just a little straighter, and her hands closed around her partners arm again, but this time it wasn't with fear or uncertainty but with repressed aggression. If one were particularly sensitive, they might have even been able to pick up her feelings just from her aura... but luckily the shopkeeper wasn't within the touching-proximity required for that.
“Whatever, lets just get this over with...”
Despite the boiling emotions under the surface though, logic still had a much stronger hold on Ichimi's actions. To have started a fight here would have been stupid, for all she knew this shop could have security in the back, people much more threatening than “Frills”... maybe. Ichimi wasn't familiar with how establishments like this worked. The shops she frequented in her own free time were the ones in parts of the city where nobody cared who you were as long as you had money, and they definitely didn't sell things like THIS. Besides, for the moment her behavior wasn't just reflecting on herself, and she wasn't going to ruin things for Cedrian no matter how much she wanted to punch someone in the face right now.

Browsing the merchandise was an awkward affair for Ichimi. Even after Cedrian had gotten the bothersome shopkeeper to leave them alone, the felvari had a hard time really trying to take in any of what was on display. It took a weird sort of detachment to envision any of the collars on herself without just wanted to smash the display cases or leave. Still... this wasn't the time for childish temper tantrums, and despite saying she wouldn't put much thought or effort into her selection, she was mindful of how important this would actually be.
“Just think of them like necklaces... think of something that would look nice even if it wasn't a collar...”
Though Ichimi herself didn't particular care too much about specifics, whatever she picked still had to fit her role. There were collars of metal and chain, but those signified a slave who was disobedient or likely to run away... or perhaps ones just unlucky enough to have a cruel master. On the opposite end of the spectrum were ones made of gold and jewels, but such a thing would have been too flashy... an ornament for a slave who only existed to be looked at and never “used”, not to mention costing a kings ransom even after the last job. No, she needed something in the middle, expensive-looking yet practical... and hopefully not too degrading.
It wouldn't take Ichimi long to find what she was looking for, although navigating the shop without looking like she was the one “leading” her partner did slow her down a bit, as well as her own urges to avoid the “harsher” parts of the store. Finally though she stopped at a case containing a set with a collar made of nice leather with silver “medallions” running along it's length, each studded with some kind of blue stone the felvari didn't recognize. Included in the set was a leash and a ring to attach it, but otherwise nothing more humiliating or dangerous than that.
It was at this case the felvari would stop and pretend to sneeze... although the final choice of whether to settle for this particular collar or not was one that was ultimately up to her.

Rough reference for what I had in mind:

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While the shop and its contents seemed only like a collection of perverse and perhaps cruel content to Ichimi, it was no doubt a source of great interest and likely joy to its owner, who seemed far too cheery for his own good about dealing in such a business. Perhaps it would have been understandable to the Felvari if he were selling accessories for horses or something along those lines--but here he was, dealing in a completely legal and even celebrated aspect of Grisalescan society. A trade in which girls like her were a premium commodity. The slave trade.

The frilly clerk seemed immune to Ichimi's momentary flare-up of anger, less thanks to any kind of personal resilience and more due to blissful ignorance of the catgirl's inner feelings and her way of expressing as much. One person who did notice her irritated mood, however, was Cedrian. He wouldn't make a scene of it, however, simply placing a comforting hand over hers and giving it a gentle stroke or two as a reminder to keep her cool. He would stop even at the brands and other more permanent marking techniques, but only for a moment, so as to truly look the part of an interested customer. Perhaps as a relief to Ichimi, her 'owner' would spend less time in such sections and more time having a browse in front of the rather fashionable collar display.

Then, in front of a piece that Ichimi could at least settle upon, she would 'sneeze', and Cedrian immediately looked her over with concern.

"Don't tell me you've caught something," recited the conman with a convincing tone. Producing a handkerchief from his suit, he handed it to Ichimi to wipe her nose. Cedrian allowed the momentary distraction to pass before resuming his business in a most natural manner, taking all the time that someone would take to browse through the somewhat intimidating array of choices.

But Ichimi's cue, while obvious to Cedrian, hadn't gone unnoticed. After a time he seemed to make up his own mind about what might be a suitable choice, and pointed to the collar that had caught her eye.

"Mind if I take a look at this one?" he asked.

"Not at all!" responded the fancy shopkeeper giddily, opening the case and retrieving it with two hands and noticeable care. "Ooh, a wonderful choice. Premium treated leather, it is. The metal bits are Tarrabithian silver, and the stones are blue opalines. It's fancy, but not TOO fancy. A nice in-between piece, don't you think? And adjustable, of course. Not too high on security, but I could always have an enchantment or two added on after the fact, if you're willing to wait a few days..."

Cedrian gave a polite smile and shook his head. "Unfortunately, I've an event coming up very soon and can't be seen walking around with a collarless servant, so I'm going to have to skip the extra measures. Our last mishap wasn't a common occurrence; normally, she's well-trained, so I won't have too much to worry about on that end."

"I see, I see," replied the long-haired peddler. "So, care to try it?" He showed the piece with both hands to his customer.

"Don't mind if I do," answered Cedrian, taking the item graciously and then fitting it around Ichimi's neck, adjusting it accordingly so as to be properly placed, but not too tight, knowing that if anything, the Felvari would prefer it on the loose side. He gave her a grin and a nod afterwards. "I'd say it suits her well."

"Doesn't it?!" said the man that Ichimi mentally dubbed 'Frills', in an excited voice.

"Indeed," pronounced Cedrian, giving a quizzical look. "What's the price on it, anyway?"

"Because of the adornments on that particular item, it comes to 120 rezetas total," answered the seller.

The hustler paused for a moment, looking thoughtful. "Hm.." An awkward silence ensued.

The fancy shopkeeper noted his potential customer's hesitation, and only allowed a few more seconds to pass before folding. "But for you, I'll bring it down to 100 rezetas even! Today only, of course."

"Sounds good. I'll take it as is," replied Cedrian, finally sliding a hand into his pocket and fishing around for his cash. The well-dressed man produced five neat 20-rezeta coins for the collar. The coins that made up Grisalescan currency came in ones, fives, tens, twenties, and even hundreds or more, but twenties were considered neat and easy enough to deal with.

"Wonderful! And paying in twenties, at that! How tidy of you," remarked 'Frills'.

"I generally don't like to be bogged down with so many clinking things," said Cedrian. "Also a great way of letting pickpockets know that you have money."

"Oh, so true, isn't it?"

The first transaction was quick and easy enough, as the swindler dropped the coins into the hand of the frilly man, who then retreated to his cash box near the counter to store his earnings. It was about that time that Cedrian seemed to find some loose change deeper in his pocket, which he proceeded to pull out.

"Huh. Not sure how I ended up with this much change. Odd of me... would you mind giving me a ten-rezeta piece for these ones? Like I said, I prefer to travel as 'light' as possible."

"Oh, certainly!" The clerk, already quite cheerful from the recent successful sale, did a prompt exchange, taking the handful 1-rezeta coins from Cedrian's and giving him a 10-rezeta piece in place of them. But before he could put them away, the con artist would stop him for a moment.

"Err... wait a sec. Mind counting those out again? I might have only given you nine rezetas. Given how rarely I carry ones, it wouldn't be a surprise if I miscounted how many there were in my pocket."

"Hmm? Uhm, sure. Yes, you did only give me nine! How careless of me, nearly putting it away in my cashbox like that. Thanks for pointing it out," responded the cashier graciously. "A less honest man would have gained a rezeta, I'd wager!"

"Haha, I wouldn't short you like that intentionally, of course. Though..." Cedrian produced another 1-rezeta coin from his pocket. "I'll tell you what. Since I gave you nine ones already, I'll give you these 11 rezetas for a 20 piece."

"Oh, that sounds about right," said the wavy-haired peddler. "I do remember how much you love twenties!"

"Exactly," replied Cedrian with a smirk, handing over the ten and the one in exchange for a twenty, which he briskly pocketed. On the other side of the counter, the frilly shop keeper put the coins he was given into his cashbox and closed it without further ado.

"Splendid. Enjoy your purchase! And do come back sometime if you ever find the need for anything more... permanent. We do take all sorts of custom orders and modifications, after all~!" said the clerk cheerfully.

With that, the two thieves made their way out of the store without incident. "Hope it's something you can at least tolerate for the job coming up," said the suit-wearing hustler. "We can head back now, if you're sick of this place. Though I did make 10 rezetas back from the uh, flamboyant one, so if you're still in the mood for a drink or a even a meal, it's on me."

If she hadn't done so earlier, Ichimi would then realize what Cedrian had just done--effectively short-changed the vendor, giving him ten 1-rezeta coins along with the frilly one's own 10-rezeta piece in exchange for a 20. A simple enough con, but made far easier with the idle bout of small talk that the experienced thief chose to employ. Ichimi had never seen him literally take things from others in the forceful sense--they just gave things to him.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“About time...”
Annoyance had been eating away at Ichimi ever since she had made her selection for choice of collar. Even though only a few moments had passed, to the tense Felvari it felt like so long that she was starting to think her cue had gone unnoticed.
“I should have said something instead of just quietly taking the handkerchief and nodding my head “no” like a good like a good slave... I was almost starting to think you missed my cue completely, or thought I was actually nodding “no” to the collar instead.”
Despite the catgirl's annoyance, she showed no outward sign of it. The “reassurances” she got earlier had made her feel better... and even a little foolish for having gotten worked up so easily. The whole situation was still uncomfortable, but no longer did she give off an aura of aggression or have the hair of her ears pricking up more than usual. This was far from the most dangerous or unsettling thing she had ever done, and nothing compared to what the near future would probably hold.
With this new mindset, even having the collar put on wouldn't be TOO bad...although it did elicit a nervous swallow, as if her brain needed some reassurance that her throat hadn't been squeezed shut, despite the relative looseness of the thing.
“This is it, it's done. It's not hurting me and it's just pretend anyway... safer than a pickpocketing job even. The weird feeling will end up going away after a little bit...”

Finalizing the purchase seemed to annoy Ichimi all over again, due to how long Cedrian seemed to be taking with the checkout. For a moment it felt like he dragging out the process just to see how long she would last... or perhaps just see her flustered, as the charisma she had shown back in the casino seemed to have left her and she hadn't managed to say much of anything this entire time. What the difference was this time, she couldn't tell... maybe it was the physical feeling of collar, or maybe it was that this was a situation where she had a way out and running would have been easier... or maybe it was something else entirely. It didn't matter to the felvari, other than that it ate at her patience.
“Fuck Ced, c'mon, lets just go already. Money is money, it doesn't matter if all the coins are neat and organized or what the fuck whateve- hmm?”
The felvari's eyes focused in a bit closer as her instinct told her something was up. Even if she lacked the charisma to pull off scams of this nature as flawlessly as her partner, her gut knew how to pick up when they were happening, and watching closely she was able to spot what was happening.
“Geeze... really? Whatever, not like this guy doesn't deserve it... even if I would have preferred a fist to his face instead.”
It should have been a giddy experience to watch, and in a way that it was, but it also stirred up other emotions that the thief would make known after she followed her partner out of the shop and found her voice again.

“Showoff. You know, I would have killed to be able to do that when I was younger, instead of having to wear myself out in the heat running away from guards and angry street vendors. Couldn't even just buy the collar and get out, you just had to go and make me feel cheap by gouging the price.”

Jealousy, that was other emotion Ichimi was feeling. The humiliation of having to wear a collar was bad enough, but the bit of smooth talking made it worse. She was jealous that Cedrian's role in society was one that spared him such humiliations, jealous that he had an easier time stealing than she did, jealous that he would have never even had to have done any of this with his life if he hadn't wanted too while she had no choice.
Still... true to her norms, she didn't hold grudges for long, and even just a few sentences of venting were enough to relieve the pent up feelings.
“Sorry...” she finally answered after a short pause. Explanations wern't necessary, this was just the way she was.It was a predictable and easy enough to figure out pattern.
“Yeah, this will be OK, I think I can tolerate it... Just don't expect any thank-you's, even if it did cost almost 100 razettas.” At this her toned lightened, to show she was no longer being serious, before she moved on to the offer her partner had made. Even in her moody state, she hadn't missed the mention of food.
“A meal I don't have to cook sounds good... and I never did pick up anything to bring home earlier. I'm in... but I'm sick of rich people and how messed up they are. Lets go somewhere nice this time.”
By “nice” Ichimi meant the kinds of places she usually frequented, the kinds of places where she wouldn't have to remove her hood... although her new collar meant she wouldn't need to wear it anyway. She wanted the familiarity of HER world back, a world that wasn't filled with an alien upper class and their strange ways.
Still, while she may have fit into a world like that just fine, her partner might not look the part right now... and if he chose to point that out, it would be enough to make her accept some kind of compromise for both their interests.

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While Ichimi's small rant about being considered 'cheap' might have put some other men on the defensive, or hurrying to explain himself, Cedrian wasn't to be bothered by it too much. He made his reply in a leisurely and calm state, as he always had with just about everything from swindles to daily life. "Oh, you know I couldn't put a price on you--at least not in any serious capacity. Besides, those prices are practically robbery. I just thought I'd return the favor!" he remarked with a smug look. "It's less about the money saved and more about principle, in this case. Robbing the robbers, you might say. Though if you want, you can think of it as saving money for the more important things, like the food we're about to enjoy. Besides, I'd rather see you slightly less fancy than hungry. We all know how bad you get when you're starving, after all," he teased. It might have been a little frustrating to Ichimi for Cedrian to never be rattled by her little tantrums, even if there were genuine feelings behind them... but that was him.

"Heh, money does do some strange things to people, doesn't it? Which is why I don't mind spending it... I just like acquiring it in artful ways a bit more. But sure, we can go to one of your preferred places," said the sharp-dressed man, confidently making his way with Ichimi towards the areas of Naralona more suited to common folk.

~~~~~

As they crossed over into less affluent parts of town, he began to look more and more out of place; cloaks, tattered and thrice-worn plain attire was more of the common fare where Ichimi tended to hang out. Less so in the way of pressed suits and fancy doublets with puffed sleeves. And as the manners and dress grew less refined and complicated, the methods of acquiring other peoples' goods were also decidedly more... blatant, as the pair were soon reminded. A small figure came running from one of the smaller alleys--perhaps they were waiting, as Ichimi had done in her youth. They came from Cedrian's side and thought to collide into him; it was a generally effective, albeit overused, trick by which to snatch someone's wallet or purse.

The swindler, however, was wise to this and swung his arm out to the side at an angle as he turned around to look behind him. The placement was such that his hand would strike the shorter one right in the chest, effectively knocking the would-be thief down to the ground. It looked like an accident, but Ichimi knew it wasn't.

"Oops, sorry, reflex. Are you alright?" asked Cedrian politely, stooping down and offering them a hand up.

The cloaked stranger smacked his hand away with a scowl, retorting in a noticeably feminine voice. "This rich asshole hit me!" she cried, loudly enough to get the attention of others passing by. Her hood slid off her head, revealing the dirtied visage of a dark-haired girl, just a few years younger than Ichimi. It wasn't long before she received help in some form.

A stall owner roughly the size of Hector, a bit chubbier but formidable-looking nonetheless, approached to heed the girl's complaint. He frowned at Cedrian. "Hey, now. You're in the wrong part of town if you think you can just treat little girls like this while parading your own slaves around," said the larger man in a gruff voice.

Cedrian hadn't opened his mouth yet to reply, but Ichimi had a chance to intervene if she so chose. After all, she wasn't necessarily a 'slave' anymore in this particular scenario.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I know..." the Felvari replied with a sigh. Given the time to cool off and actually think about things, she would usually be quick to realize when she was she was wrong about something. Really, she wasn't angry about feeling "cheap", it just the first defensive impulse that had come to mind. By placing the blame for her mood on someone else, she could vent without showing any kind of vulnerability. It was just how she grew up, a life where showing vulnerability was asking to be made a victim.
"Believe me, if it were my choice we'd have put that whole damn shop out of business. Not that it would change anything in the big picture... more shops would just open up for the freaks... but it almost makes me understand your recklessness sometimes."
The felvari's tone had softened considerably from her previous rant.
"Anyway, I don't get THAT bad when I'm hungry. Thankfully I don't think I've truly been "hungry" since the day you first found me, sometimes I even think I'll actually forget the feeling someday... so I guess I can learn to be satisfied with the small victories. I'm not about to turn down a free meal at any rate."

~~~~​

Ichimi tried to stay mindful of her status as a "slave" as pair entered into the parts of the city that were her usual haunt. There were some advantages to be had, she could leave her hood down, giving her ears free reign to scan and pick up all the sounds nearby, and she didn't have to be mindful of the city guard... but there were disadvantages too. Her collar was only good as long as she stayed near her "master" restricting her movements to a small bubble around her partner, a cage, and when speaking she had to be aware of who was nearby and not adress her "master" as an equal. When these disadvanatges weighed up against the advantages offered, it took the felvari only a few minutes to get sick of the arrangement and pull her hood back up... although she kept the collar on just in case.
"Whatever, it's not like I didn't have to wear a hood here when I was younger anyway. Other than that, it's kinda nice to be back here again... -Huh?! Twice in one day? Seriously?!"
Ichimi was more alert than she had been earlier today, and the approaching pickpocket did not escape her notice like the one from earlier. For a moment she thought she had caught the assaliant before Cedrian did, but a quick "counter shove" from the other thief would prove she hadn't been the only one to catch on. It was enough to bring a satisfied smirk to the Felvari's face... before the pickpocket was just as fast to verbally counter in return and try to turn the situation to her advantage by drawing the sympathy of a nearby stall owner.
"Damn, this bitch is a bit better than the kid from earlier, that's for sure. She's got some nerve, not scurrying off like a rat after she's failed. Let's see if she's got that much nerve when I call her out dir...ect....ly......"
There was a right way to handle this situation. Growing up in the world, Ichimi knew confrontations like this were tests of nerve, and whoever flinched first would lose control of the situation and any advantages that came with it. The catgirl wasn't sure if Cedrian knew this, but she herself did... and she had no intention to losing to some street pickpocket. All she had to do was keep pressing and be the most aggressive... but something else distracted her, and her focus would soon stray from the pickpocket.

"Forget how to spot a thief already? Or did you trade common sense for this supposed conscience you seem to have now?" the felvari started out in an agressive bitterly-sarcastic tone, adressing the stall owner rather than the pickpocket.
"I can guarentee you that girl has a knife or a razor or some other tool on her for cutting things loose to steal, but I'd sooner believe her lies than yours."
The catgirl's attention had gone into tunnel vision now, if the pickpocket had decided to use this chance to run off, she probably wouldn't even notice... although Cedrian was there too and his attention might be divided a bit better.
"Big hero, aren't you? Only thugs and bullies beat up little girls, huh?" She was speaking loud enough for anyone nearby to hear, although she wasn't looking around enough to know if anyone actually was.
"She's lucky she decided to steal from us instead of you. I was like her once, maybe even a bit younger, and I wasn't lucky enough to make that choice. When you finally caught me you kicked me so hard you cracked one of my ribs."
The memory made the felvari's blood boil. She could usually keep her cool around her past victims, even halfway understand why they would want to defend their livelihoods... but this? All the nerve and hypocrisy and irony that fate had balled up into this encounter was too much, and emotion had completely taken over now.
"It's not like I ever even took that much anyway. I never liked making repeat targets of anyone, but there had been times when I hadn't eaten for over a day or two and just wanted enough to keep from fainting. Wish you would have cared about being a hero then. But then again you probably don't even remember me, do you? Let me make it easy for you."
Ichimi ripped off her hood to reveal her ears for a moment. Though the events she was describing took place years ago and it would have been easy to forget one of the many thieves in the city over all that time... she was sure felvari ones were rare enough to leave an impression. Still, tearing off her hood had been the climax of her rant... and like with all her rants, common sense would return afterwards. She wasn't even sure what she had been trying to accomplish, but she knew she only had a small knife in her boot if it had been her intention to fight. Running was still an option, but a reckless one since she wasn't alone... and besides which, it would cause more problems now. If there had been any doubt that was she a slave before, some way to explain away why she wasn't dressed as nice as her partner, she had just thrown it away when she removed her hood and put her collar on display in plain sight.
"Stupid... stupid stupid choice. OK... de-escalate and calm down...."

"Fat fucking hypocrite..."
Even as she spoke the words, her tone trailed off, sounding almost regretful. She bowed her head and put her hood back on with a calm that hid her previous aggression and moved behind her "master" in a way that was almost submissive. All of these actions combined were meant to give the impression of a slave who knew they had been unruly and knew punishment was coming their way for it. It was the same tactic that had kept her safe when playing decoy for her group during their last job. The promise of punishment was enough to appease many people, even if they wern't the ones to deliver it... still, earlier it had been an actual plan. Now it was hasty salvaging of a bad situation, especially if Cedrian didn't catch on or if the felvari's target proved less predictable than she had imagined.

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As they walked along, Ichimi would find Cedrian's habits and mannerisms to shift ever so slightly in tune with hers. He kept up the same air of confidence and authority as her 'owner', but upon seeing her get sick of the charade and raise her hood once more, he smirked a little and slackened his authoritative look accordingly. Being able to create and maintain and image, according to him, was one of the most important aspects of swindling. People, whether they consciously cared to or not, judged others based on outside appearance--be it dress, grooming, hygiene, mannerisms and so on. By carefully managing these factors of oneself, Cedrian taught, one could control the feelings that another had towards them, even to the point of finer manipulation.

But when the commotion occurred, with an apparent pickpocket having quickly thought to make a scene of her failure, Cedrian's carefully crafted image actually seemed to work against him in this case. The supposed 'master-slave' relationship between him and Ichimi was convincing enough for most. But now here he was, a well-dressed gentleman in a rougher part of town more suited to common folk, face to face with an accusation from one native to this particular area. Anyone could guess that there would be some sort of bias against him, and the girl he had just knocked down seemed intent on making use of this as a weapon of sorts. Not one made of steel nor wood, but an effective one nonetheless, meant not to attack the flesh but the reputation, as haughty nobles weren't tolerated here.

The hustler would continue to plead ignorance in his own way, however. He wasn't afraid to yield if the situation called for it... at least, on the outside. The people here would no doubt expect him to be cruel and arrogant, like many nobles tended to be in their eyes. He would simply have to deny them the chance to find an excuse to fight him by expressing that they had little reason to. "Honest accident! I heard steps coming straight at me and so only turned to see who it might be," he explained, speaking loud enough so as to emphasize the fact that the would-be pickpocket headed directly for him. "Couldn't imagine at the time why someone would come so fast at us from a blind spot. But had I known that it would be such a fair lass, I wouldn't risk bruising such a visage over mere haste. And I don't imagine she would, either..."

While it seemed like more of an offhand compliment than an outright accusation, it was enough to remind the dark-haired girl that he was keen to her initial plans, and her mouth crinkled in response. She stood up and bolted back into the alley from whence she came. It seemed that Cedrian was already one step ahead of the stranger, though the clerk was another matter.

Before long, however, Ichimi made a little scene of her own, to which the large shopkeeper gave a most confused look. It wasn't until she dropped her hood that his eyes widened, practically confirming his recognition of her. He made a face of slight dismay, looking around to see how many had caught an eyeful of the commotion. Suddenly there was a slew of accusations made against him, ones that proved true as he had given Ichimi several beatings in the past. The sudden recollection that he was indeed guilty of the allegations made him hesitate.

"A-As if anyone should believe such words from a... a subhuman!" he stammered in response, an immediate attempt to discredit her. There were a few passerbys to hear it, but they seemed less sympathetic to the cause against this random noble than the stall owner might have liked, especially seeing as Cedrian didn't care to be rude about it. Now, with the girl having run off, it merely looked like a large man harrassing an upper cruster and a slave that he himself had beaten.

"I happen to find such a subhuman rather trustworthy," interrupted Cedrian. "Especially with such little reason to lie. But we can overlook such things, can't we? Provided you don't intend on repeating them tonight," he would then add, so as to give the accusation more solid ground by which to stand on. If the shopkeeper wanted to look like a random aggressor, he was given the chance to, as several others turned an eye towards the scene.

"Tch... I'm no abuser of the weak," insisted the larger man in a half-mumbling voice as he noticed the eyes upon him. "I-I was just making sure you weren't either." He would then plod back to his stand, huffing, which allowed the pair to pass by without further incident.

~~~~~​

Once they were several blocks down, Cedrian would grin a little. "Funny how some people react when their expectations are subverted. I'd say it's the ability to adapt during moments like that which can make all the difference. If that girl was a little better at it, we could have been in some trouble," he commented somewhat lightheartedly.

It was around that time that Ichimi spotted the entrances of familiar places that she had dropped into.

One was the Ortega Grill, a lively and friendly restaurant in which many visitors enjoyed large helpings of food--it was definitely good for Ichimi's appetite, if she sought quantity over quality. The other, the Pinet Inn, was a slightly classier place for its area that Cedrian might seem less out of place in, but a bit overpriced as the portions were far less generous. The third, just a further ways down, was the Marbello Tavern, typical of the places she most often visited and a setting in which she could drop her current guise and raise her hood, if she felt more comfortable that way. There was much less in the way of good food there and more choices in good drink, at least by the catgirl's standards.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Trouble? As if I'd have let that street rat cause me any trouble. She had no idea who she was messing with. I just got... distracted.”
Somewhere between an explanation and a venting rant, Ichimi's voice carried clear tones of agitation, despite having made a rather painless escape without much incident. Still, as per her usual habits, it was only after her venting that she would relent and see things that way.
“Sorry... I know I shouldn't have gotten like that... I'm not so fragile and sensitive that I can't handle myself around anyone I've ever stolen from... but, I don't know... the hypocrisy of it all this time... and he had hurt me in the past. It's just... fuck, who even does that?! It makes me want to...”
Ichimi's rant trailed off, she wasn't sure of what she was even trying to say. Her first instinct was to answer her old beatings with a threat of violence in kind... but that would have been a stupid and reckless idea to entertain, and one that meant nothing anyway. She knew striking back at one person who didn't like her wouldn't fix the reasons why or do anything about all the other people who thought the same.
“Whatever... at least he backed off. Maybe my life is worth enough to concern someone's morals after all. It was probably just because you were around though... but it feels better to think it was the first thing.”
The felvari's agitated mood would persist for the remainder of the walk, her movements a bit “anxious” with the tense energy she was feeling. Were she alone, she would have taken off somewhere... worked the energy out by moving quicker than a causal walk or by climbing up somewhere high to burn off some frustration and be alone for a bit. Neither one of those was really an option at the moment though. What was an option though, was burning out the feeling through eating, a fact that quickly rose to the surface of the catgirl's thoughts as the smell of food grew closer.

“So I didn't really think out how we're gonna do this all that much...” the felvari , with a much more upbeat tone than she had previously, as they reached an open area with a few close restaurants.
“The Ortega place is the only here that's not a scam in terms of what you get for the price, unless you're after fancy rich-person food that takes forever to make and is mostly overpriced spices. There's also the bar if you're looking to get drunk and fill up on bar snacks, but I'm not looking to get drunk so that one's out.
It'd probably be best if we avoided another incident like earlier. I can get into Ortega's fine with my hood on, but I'm not sure how well you'd fit in.”

The felvari's tone dropped just a bit, making her preference for the first choice obvious as she moved on to the second alternative.
“You'd probably fit in better at Pinet's, but they won't let me in there unless we're showing off my collar, also everything is expensive. I guess I can tolerate the latter if you're paying, but you're buying me seconds or thirds if I have to spend more time working my acting skills with the whole slave thing.”

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cedrian allowed Ichimi to finish her small rant, letting all of the details sink in before making his reply rather than interrupting her with immediate concern. When he did respond, it would be an attempt to comfort her after all, but one that was delivered in a rather relaxed and calculated tone.

"Hon, we've hung out with--and hustled--some of the worst scum in Naralona. Actually, probably in all Arkeia, since a lot of those guys were foreign nobles. Are you really questioning your self-worth after all that?"

He paused for a moment, as if to give her a chance to respond, before continuing with a shrug, regardless of whether or not she had an answer for him. "Then again, I guess if you're told something often enough, you end up believing it."

"But I'd like it if you believed me and not them. Especially when I say that you're worth it. No matter what 'race' you are or what this city classifies you as. Hell, people do it all the time here. If you're a native, or an immigrant, you're treated a little worse, sure. Moreso if you're poor. Might as well be invisible with how often they're ignored and still starve, the poor bastards." Naturally, he was referring to the many homeless that dotted the streets of Naralona. Even in the richer districts, they could occasionally be seen, albeit at a much lower frequency. The vagrants were a constant reminder that for every winner, there was a loser--or several of them.

"It's part of why I do what I do. People like my father... here, they were always at risk of losing everything with a single accident. But with the setup that we have, we'll won't fall with a single bad slip. And who better to take the money from than those at the very top? It's always good for them to be reminded that even they can lose it all in a second."

"Remember the first time we met? Even though your style of... acquisition was a little more blatant than what I'm used to, I can't say I would've wanted anyone else for the job. And I mean it," proclaimed Cedrian with just a small hint more sincerity than usual, even if that was sometimes difficult to get out of him.

"But seriously, if I compliment you any more, you'd think I'm trying to swindle you out of something. So stop fishing for them," he teased.

Then came the topic of food, more specifically, Ichimi's choice in where to eat. Cedrian scanned the buildings around them with occasional glances here and there as they walked. "Then let's head to 'the Ortega place'. I'm not so uncomfortable here just 'cause I'm dressed for the other side of town. Besides, you've already shown what a fierce and loyal sub you are, even in the face of large oafs, so I don't have anything to worry about, hmm?" He cracked another grin. "As tempting as it is to milk your inner slave for all she's worth, I'm buying you this meal for putting on such a good makeshift performance in the first place. You could've walked away when you saw me there... but you didn't. So I think you can afford to relax this time around."

With his decision official, they soon came upon the Ortega Grill and headed inside. In contrast to the higher levels of the Salida Towers, the atmosphere inside was warm and welcoming. Various folk, tourists and locals alike, were seated and often mingled with one another as they ate. The smell of beef sirloin, empanada pork pies, braised chicken, sausage hotpot, potatoes and other various dishes filled the air and wafted straight into Ichimi's senses. A somewhat portly waitress was the first to greet the pair, and despite Cedrian's higher-status clothing, didn't immediately assume the catgirl to be his slave.

"Welcome! Follow me and I'll get ya started," said the woman, her apparent thickness perhaps an indirect advertisement of the establishment's delicious food and large helpings. The server's thick black hair was tied back in a bun, and her face was the picture of jolliness.

"Thanks," replied Cedrian, taking a few glances around after the two of them were led to a circular table big enough for four.

The waitress placed a pair of menus, parchment tacked to thin wooden boards, on the table for them. Ichimi knew that it didn't really matter what they picked from the selection, as the portions were sure to be generous.

"Not a bad choice," commented the well-dressed hustler sitting across from her.

However, he wasn't the only one whose eyes were on Ichimi. She could feel another set upon her from over to her left and in front of her, a little behind Cedrian. When the Felvari looked to return that glance, she'd see a vaguely familiar face, of someone she was familiar with, yet only vaguely; a light-haired young man who worked as a smith of some sorts, or... something. It was difficult for Ichimi to pin down. All she knew was that she had run into him at some point, maybe even slept with him, given his fair looks. But whether she cared to return his gaze or to keep her head down was up to her. He didn't seem to be doing much more than stealing the occasional glance at the hooded figure when he could afford to, as if trying to discern whether he had indeed recognized her.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

[I haven't spellchecked this yet cos I'm tired. Bug me when I wake up.]

“As if I'm so fragile and insecure that I need to fish for comments.”
“I'm here because I'm useful, both of us know it...” the felvari pondered silently, with a mix of pride but also a strange sadness she couldn't place.
Though there was more to the conversation, Ichimi filed most of it away for now, her mind instead focused on having been reminded of the first time she had joined this group of hers.
“Anyway, I'm almost worried that you were impressed by that. If I hadn't been starving, you never would have caught me to begin with... although I suppose I wouldn't be here tonight for a free meal. It really was a terrible performance though...”

Despite the felvari's own words, her first “performance” was nowhere near as bad as she had made it out to be... or at least not until the end. The end would have gotten her killed under less fortunate circumstances with more hostile victims, but everything leading up to it had been been far enough beyond what could have been expected from a typical street thief to be impressive.
For the better part of an hour the young felvari had stalked her prize. It was perhaps by complete chance she had seen the exchange happen, a small satchel full of shiny bits that were more valuable than mere coins... all in broad daylight without raising any kind of commotion. This chance could be the stroke of good luck that ended a streak of bad... even sold off in a haste at the bad end of some pawn deal, there would be enough to eat for a couple of weeks. As the last couple of days of hunger gnawed at the thief, it was too good of a chance to pass up... but that hunger also made her cautious. This wasn't a chance that could be wasted on impatient recklessness.
Attempting to take her prize when she had first seen it was suicidal, there were too many people around and too much of a chance of getting caught or not being able to get away. Sometimes crowds were a good place to disappear into... but not today. Her target looked too well-off to be ignored by those around him, especially the city guard, and a long chase wasn't appealing in her current state. Still, a chance would open up, if she were just patient, she knew it, felt the feeling as one of certainty... it was a feeling that would be validated after a long patient wait. Eventually her target would break off the crowds, head down towards the docks where there was nobody else, save someone with him that she could only guess to be a bodyguard. Not once was she seen or did she manage to arouse any suspicion... or so she thought. To this day she had never asked if she had been truly hidden the whole time. It didn't matter even if they were aware of her, all she needed was one chance... and it would come sure enough as she closed more and more distance.
Everything from that point on happened in less than a few minutes, though it would change the next few years of her life. Once she had gotten close enough that her target could take no precautions against her, she dashed forward with more of a focus on speed and shock value than stealth. In less than a second she had managed to grab her prize, sidestep any attempts by the pair to grab her, and headed around a corner with it. For anyone else, it would have been a fatal mistake, as the alley was a dead end, but she had chosen this one specifically. A pile of boxes as a set of stepping stones, and then her natural climbing abilities would have her up the wall in only a few seconds, a feat she was sure her victims couldn't manage themselves. Even if they somehow found their way up, nobody could match her across the rooftops. Wasting no time, she started sprinting across the roof, prepared to jump to another nearby... then things came undone.
The felvari's plan had been a good one, but her luck had run out. Mid jump a strange feeling had come over her, a strange vertigo that made her tumble roughly when she landed... and then a dizziness when she tried to stand after that. Hunger had caught up to her. Before it had been such a persistent feeling that it had faded into an unpleasant, but non-debilitating feeling... but after the heavy physical activity she had just been through, her body couldn't go on anymore...

“And then I woke up in a warehouse with the worst headache ever some girly kid watching me. Great choice, Ced. You're lucky I didn't panic and take him for a slaver or something and put a knife in his eye...”
Reminiscing about the past was a weird feeling, one Ichimi wasn't sure was good or not... but arrival at her destination would end it either way.

“Well, at least neither of us stood out too much.” the felvari started after her and her partner had been seated. “With any luck, they'll think you're some rich guy spending a night to fool around with a commoner girl. It makes me feel ever so slightly better than being a slave, and there's less acting involved.
Anyway... I'm in the mood for a bit of everything. So I think I'll take the hotpot. The only thing better than everything is everything in a good broth... and there's no fancy techniques for eating it properly or whatever posh they expect with the more elaborate stuff.”

Food would arrive quickly, and when it did, the catgirl's mood for conversation would drop off completely as her enthusiasm for good food completely consumed her attention... almost. Her attention didn't fail to notice the gazes of a stranger staring at her from time to time.
“Someone I know, maybe... not sure. Probably someone trying to get laid again. Wish they'd fuck off while I'm trying to eat though.”
With a huff Ichimi shifted her seat around the edge of the table so her back was to the stranger, a clear sign that she wasn't interested in him right now, regardless of where or why he might recognize her.
“I've got a fan back there.” she explained to Cedrian in a hushed voice. “It's probably nothing, I don't even think he recognizes me, but make sure he doesn't creep me while my back is turned or whatever.”
With that she'd go back to eating as if nothing had happened. Despite having had a rather bad day and dealing with whatever gloomy moods she was feeling earlier, If there were no other interruptions the feeling of fullness and good food would lull the catgirl into a comfortable contentment and a good mood would follow. Even her usual sarcasm toned down to match her new state, and eventually she'd open up to conversation if her partner wanted any from her. This was when she was happiest, living in rare safe moments where she was content to live in the "now" without the all-too-persistent torment of any immediate worries to be concerned with.

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hahaha... you act as if I've never spent a night to fool around with some commoner girl," quipped Cedrian in response with an expressive shrug of his shoulders. "Fine by me--it's really not a hard role. After all, I've met some stunning peasant girls... and far less stunning noblewomen. Only difference is, the latter tend to have better means by which to mask the fact," he explained. "But it's a little harder to mask real, natural beauty to those who know how to look for it. I can imagine there have been a few men out there who've felt the same way about you," added the man casually. It wasn't meant as any advance, of course, as the two were practically family by now, but rather a candid compliment, which he had no problems delivering as it was an honest one... not that he'd encounter much more difficulty making a less honest claim.

After they were seated, the hustler found his point reinforced after having taken notice of the longing stare aimed in the catgirl's direction by her unnamed admirer. "You might get yourself in trouble one of these days," he remarked, lowering his volume appropriately. "But I've got it covered. Could even scare him away, if you want... but I think even the dullest of guys should get the hint by this point."

Cedrian smiled coolly and turned his attentions to thank the waitress when she brought them the food they had ordered: beef sirloin for Cedrian and hotpot for Ichimi. The Felvari's order in particular looked and smelled wonderful, mainly because of the ingredients that could pass as spices in themselves based on flavor alone. Chorizo sausage, heated to perfection with cloves of garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, various greens and slices of chicken were all mixed in the tasty stew, with the broth having soaked up a lovely combination of such flavors. It was easy enough for Ichimi to scarf down what was in front of her, as she was sometimes prone to do--after all, on the streets, the ability to quickly eat food was an advantage. One who was too slow to consume their freshly-stolen goods was liable to have them snatched out from beneath their nose.

If she ordered seconds, Cedrian would raise no complaint, as this whole visit was a favor from him to begin with. By contrast, he would eat with somewhat more restraint so as to play the part Ichimi suggested, though such manners came almost naturally to him. Occasionally, he would glance up and past her, as if to keep tabs on the one she had mentioned. Based on his lack of any warning or notification, this admirer of Ichimi's hadn't bothered to actually make an approach.

And so he wouldn't for the rest of the time they sat in the restaurant, with Ichimi being left to gorge as much as she wanted. Cedrian ordered seconds of a lighter meal and then a dessert, so as not to make her feel like a total glutton, and the two finished at about the same time--even if the Felvari had probably consumed more in the way of sheer quantity, due to the hunger she had built up, along with her naturally high metabolism. The atmosphere was bustling and alive, but most of the other guests were dining just as heartily, making it feel that much more right for Ichimi to follow suit and do the same.

It was a satisfying feast, especially after the discomfort felt from navigating the perilous social atmosphere of the Salida Towers and their upper levels, and just what Ichimi needed to forget the whole experience. Naturally, Cedrian paid their bill, making it a note to tip generously to show that the meal was also enjoyable even by his high standards. The two made their way out afterwards, and it was difficult even for the catgirl to have any frown on her face in light of the rather fulfilling experience.

But while Ichimi had forgotten the earlier troubles of that day, for the time being, others apparently had not forgotten her. Once the pair were at least a dozen paces from the restaurant, several rushed footsteps could be heard from within it, and the main doors swung open loudly.

"W-Wait! I... Ichimi!" cried a vaguely familiar voice. It was, as she expected, her admirer from before. He tripped and fell, dust from the ground coating his face as a result, but he was quick to pick himself up. His gaze fixed onto her, he seemed quite sure of himself that he had the right person. Not that he was wrong. Given the vulnerable look he exhibited and the peculiar tone he took, even the Felvari could recognize such hints as signs of being lovesick. She had one or two flings that would end in hollow promises and sweet words, but those were relatively rare and sometimes even forgettable. This young man, however, clearly hadn't forgotten. "I've been looking all over for you. I, hahh, thought I'd never see you again..." he started.

After an awkward pause, the young man's eyes quickly shifted between Ichimi and Cedrian, finally locking onto the form of the latter. "Listen! If she's yours, then... I'll... I-I'll buy her from you!" He produced a rather sizable bag of rezetas--presumably in the thousands, depending on the pieces inside--from within his own jacket, holding them out afterwards.

Cedrian raised a brow. It was a tactless move on the admirer's part, to be sure. And yet, it remarkable opportunity by which to swindle the poor, naive bastard out of every last coin.

But the well-dressed hustler chose a different route this time. He opened his hands to show that there was nothing in them, but his body language and tone of voice was somewhat more dismissive than before. "Do I look like I'm holding a leash? She's with me of her own free will. Sorry, but this arrangement isn't what you think it is." More often than not, Hector was the more protective type of the group, but based on the air he was giving, Ichimi could tell that Cedrian was playing the part this time around.

"Or well, maybe it is," he added with just the right hint of suggestion, "but save your coin for someone who cares, won't you?"

The smith's features wilted a little, though he would shoot a look to Ichimi for answers.

Last edited:

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Old “admirers” are hardly the kind of trouble I'm worried about.” The felvari would finally answer, once she had gotten into her meal enough to slow down a bit.
“We risk getting ourselves in trouble every day... I almost can't believe you think this is better than honest business. A “single accident” here could be just as bad, I've almost died or ended up in a cage from “single accidents”.” The memories wern't ones the felvari wanted to linger on with her good mood, and so her tone softened.
“At least we get to cheat. This city seems like a place where things aren't always fair, even if you do play by the rules... not that I'd really know. I never had the chance to even get in the game, or anyone to show me. At some point, I had to have had a father or mother who might have known a trade... or maybe stealing is all they ever taught me, I can't remember. Either way, I at least know how to deal risks now, for the most part. I can't say it's ideal, but it's not a bad thing either.”
She took a brief pause to continue eating, before her tone changed even more, becoming joking.
“YOU don't get to lecture me on risks though. If you've really fooled around with as many women as you say you do, and I believe it, then you've got just about as much to worry about as me... probably more, cos we're scarier than men when we're angry. It's Ok though, if any ever follow you home, I think I'm plenty capable of throwing them out.”
Despite the cat girl's joking though, it was her, and her not partner, that was dealing with unwanted attention right now, and more would come after the meal.

~~~~​

“That was gooood, I'm gonna have to make you treat me like that every nigh-huh?”
Not as cautious as she was before, on account of her relaxed mood from the meal, Ichimi would turn almost immediately when she heard her name called... even before recognizing the voice that called or realizing it would have been better to pretend to be someone else. Luckily this wasn't a situation where such a mistake would be dangerous, as the first thing she saw when she turned around would be her pursuer falling flat on his face, definitely not any kind of immediate threat.
“Ah geeze, do you have to go and make an even bigger embarrassment of yourself? This is just sad... whatever, let's hear what you have to say before I have to tell you in so many words to just fuck off.”

The first part of her admirer's speech went exactly as the felvari guessed it would, even if was a bit unsettling to know he had been trying to find her for this long.
“Yup... here go. I should've just kept my eyes forward and my face hidden...”
Ichimi gave a sigh and started working up the nerve for a well deserved tell-off, but before reaching that stage, her admirer would do something to surprise her and break her focus.
“That's... a lot...”
The sight of the large sum of money her admirer had saved up had surprised the felvari. It was easy to say things about caring for someone, hard to actually show it... where cheap words were expected, something tangible was now being shown. Perhaps it wasn't all that odd, considering a felvari like herself had considerable value if this were a slave sale... but that wasn't the intention she was picking up on. In that sense it was almost flattering, the money must've taken much time and effort to save, as she never spent nights with anyone who was too rich or successful; too dangerous, too many resources available to get revenge for a burn. To have time and effort spent on her wasn't something the felvari was used to... the feeling wasn't entirely dissimilar to what she had felt when wearing Rio's dress earlier. It was a hard feeling to name, but whatever it was, it showed on her face.
“And just like the dress, it's a pretend game that changes nothing. Stop being so naïve and believing in daydreams, Ichimi! What's really gonna happen, even if he doesn't want you as a slave, how long is that really gonna last? He's obviously successful now, he's better off with a normal human wife and family... eventually he'd realize that I'd be nothing more than a status symbol anymore. Even if that doesn't happen, it'd still be stupidly foolish for him to keep me around free, people will ask questions and it will ruin him... unless he thinks I'll stay inside all day like a “proper lady” or housewife or whatever, but fuck that, it's almost as bad as slavery.”
She brought her expression back under control a few moments... and yet, somehow she couldn't quite build up the fire to vocalize her thoughts. It seemed... cruel to meet such naïve but honest enthusiasm with the harsh negativity of reality, and her mood was too good for the kind of spite now. Instead her mood took one of a weird defensiveness, trying to place none of the blame on her admirer directly when she finally did speak.

“It's not that I don't believe you...” Ichimi started out, her tone sounding almost regretful “...but it's not a risk I can afford to take. If I were normal, maybe, but we both know I'm not. Being what I am, every encounter has a chance of ending with me in chains... it never happens the first time, because nobody ever expects it... but this wouldn't be the first time with you...”
There was a short pause while the felvari let her words sink in.
“It's nothing personal, but my friend here is right. I don't belong to him, you, or anyone else... and I intend to keep it that way. I'd never be able to live with myself if I threw that away because I believed some nice words. It's not that I think you're lying, but I also know I wouldn't be safe believing them after we've only had a single night together. It would be a gamble I can't... can't afford.”
For a moment Ichimi held her gaze, but under her cloak she was shifting her body ever so slightly.... waiting for that moment when time seemed to freeze and her admirer got lost in his thoughts thinking of how to respond. The felvari, however, had no intention of arguing any more, and her own senses weren't getting lost in time. At the moment when the people around her had moved in such a way to make a path and her admirer seemed sufficiently distracted enough to give her a head start, she bolted. Within seconds she had rounded a corner, made her way up a wall using the nearby stalls and boxes like a staircase, and covered a few roofs with jumps before dropping down into another alley, and disappearing into another crowd entirely, completely untraceable in the route she took or where she was now. It was drastic and pretty sudden, but she had done such things before during heists, Cedrian would know that she would catch up later... or just wait for him at home if she got back first.

“It would be nice to get home first, maybe play some cards or something while I actually have a chance at winning... I've certainly got the energy to roof race back now. Shame it's not later in the night though, there's probably still some damn wind-up toys around this deep in the city... them and their damn crossbows.”
Though she had just spent some time on the roofs a few seconds earlier, it was something Ichimi didn't like risking more than necessary in the busier parts of the city. Sure, she estimated the chances of a crossbow bolt hitting her as about the same as lightning; but it had happened once before, grazing her above the ankle and slicing through the leather of her boot like it was wet paper to leave a nice scar. She had heard the bolts could even pierce metal armor... in a way it was almost scarier than a blade. They didn't look like much, but a hit to the right squishy bits or blood pathways could mean death in minutes, a prospect not helped by the fact that the felvari didn't have a healers knowledge of those squishy bits or blood pathways. How did healers even learn this stuff anyway? Cutting people open? Sick people. Sick, sick people...
“It shouldn't be too hard to catch up to Ced again, he's got no reason to stay off the main streets. I've still got some of my money too, might as well make the best of it and pick up some snacks to bring home if I pass any good stalls along the way... like I had originally left to do today... before today decided to hit me with a million distractions and ruin every plan I've had so far.
...still totally worth it for the free dinner though.”

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It would be difficult for Ichimi to say that Cedrian hadn't noticed her sudden change of expression at the stranger's proposal, but he made no immediate comment of it. Instead, he chose to focus his attention on the flaxen-haired man, whose undivided attention was fixed upon the catgirl in turn. He may as well have been a stranger. Ichimi didn't even remember his name, barely recalled the details of his face, and only knew that she had spent a night with him thanks to his apparent infatuation with her, as the revelation of her identity as a Felvari wasn't a frequent exposure when she could help it--and most certainly not on a personal level.

But he remembered her, and though the words that she gave him in reply were those of the discouraging sort, he wouldn't allow himself to remain visibly saddened for long. Still he continued to try and bargain with her. "Then... spend a second night with me! A third! I-I mean... or even days, rather, if that's what it takes for you to believe me."

He glanced to Cedrian for a moment and then frowned. "I know that I don't have all that much to give, compared to some in Naralona, but I finally got my own shop set up and everything, on the corner of Gustaven and Lleida Street. You said you enjoyed your 'freedom', right? I can give that--or something as close to it as I know--and all I ask is that you remember that you have a place to come home to! You don't have that, right? You won't have to wander anymore, or pretend! I'm just asking for a chance..."

Cedrian shook his head and sighed. Regardless of his station, he still had to continue playing the part he had chosen upon entering the district, but the more experienced hustler allowed some honesty to seep out from the mask of his act. "Listen, I don't know what's happened between you and her, but desperation isn't really an attractive thing to most women," he proclaimed somewhat coldly. "Right, babe--... ?" He turned to Ichimi, only to have her disappear into the crowd.

Yet the Felvari's admirer wouldn't let her leave earshot without calling out a final notice. "Wait...!" He struggled through the crowd in order to run after and keep track of where she had gone, but Ichimi was simply too fast for him. The blacksmith, or whatever he was, couldn't keep up with the catgirl's superhuman agility--then again, neither could most town guards.

And within moments, Ichimi was free of both him and Cedrian, at least for the time being. She wound up in a mildly familiar street, incidentally closer to the direction of the hideout. Perhaps it was second nature to her by then, or mere coincidence. Either way, it was a good opportunity to pick up yet another helping of snacks, as she would find several fruit vendors and even a merchant selling fried bonito nearby.

Last edited:

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Fool... as if any of that is believable. He doesn't like me, he likes that I look good or make a good lay... there's no way he could actually know ME, not after a single short night. Idiot needs to cool his head and actually think about the things he was promising so easily, hear how stupid he actually sounded...”
The situation continued to annoy Ichimi, even after she had extracted herself from it... some small part of her hoped Cedrian wouldn't take advantage of the poor fool now that she was gone... but she also couldn't quite place why she even cared. As usual, it proved easier to just try to forget about the whole thing than try to find an answer.
“Hmph, whatever, not my problem either way.”

It wouldn't take long for Ichimi to find a perfect distraction after dropping back onto the streets. By luck or subconscious instruction, she would find herself passing by a few food stands within minutes.Even the act of having just stuffed herself at a nice restaurant didn't keep her from noticing and rushing off to buy some of the fried bonito on display at one of the stands... the effects of the recent meal wouldn't be lost on her completely though, as one bite would be enough to make the difference between the nice meal and street food blatantly obvious. The stuff she had just bought tasted bland by comparison, like cheap filler of salt and oil.
“Meh... it'll taste better when I'm at home... probably. It should stay edible for a few days, at least... It probably wouldn't hurt to get some fruit with it though, just in case. I know a few types that will be good for at least a week, even if I'll probably have it all eaten by tomorrow... damn plants aren't nearly as filling as proper meat.”
Before heading back, Ichimi would pick up a bag of assorted berries and other small fruit before continuing on her way home, keeping an eye open for Cedrian along the way and slowing her pace a bit, but not really enough to do anything that could be called “waiting”. It would still take her long enough to get back though that she'd be digging into her fruit before she was even halfway back, and eating the tastiest bits... unlike the fried fish, the fruit didn't taste cheap at least.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The vendor selling fried fish seemed all too happy for his own good, his overall attitude a far cry from the desperate and somewhat pathetic pleas of the man that was begging for her companionship only moments earlier. And while the quality of his food was nowhere near that of what the Ortega Grill's chefs could manage, he was blissfully oblivious to such a fact, whistling some vaguely familiar tune that the catgirl couldn't quite pin down the name of. Unlike those that Ichimi kept company with, he was quite clearly a rather simple man, doing menial work just a block down from several of the big casinos, whose inner dealings were worlds away from what he did.

Ichimi left the smiling merchant with a bag full of the salty, crispy treat, finding another stall with a female attendant who looked far less enthusiastic. They had properly distracted themselves with a book, giving the catgirl time to look over their selection of fruit--a wide one nonetheless, but one end was slightly less fresh than the other, as the tiny flies had gotten to it... mainly the deoricots and pillyrhine. Still, there was a crate that the pests hadn't claimed quite yet, full of torrant and bilicoberries. While it wasn't Ichimi's favorite sort of fruit, it was still tasty and free of too many bugs if she cared to avoid them. Like the seller, she'd have to settle. The woman put down her book just long enough to perform the transaction, then practically raised it in front of her face to put an invisible barrier of sorts between her and Ichimi; one that would block any comfortable conversation from starting.

On her way back, however, she would find one person interested in conversing with her. It was Cedrian.

"Hey there," greeted the hustler, hands in pockets. "Well, that was fun. And here I thought only men had to deal with that, for the most part. Guessing you're ready to head home?"

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Heyyy... sorry to run off like that.” the felvari answered upon realizing her partner had caught up to her, although her tone was too happy and preoccupied with her fruit to sound like an actual apology. Despite the somewhat sub-par quality of the fruit, she wasn't one to mind a few small bugs, having eaten way worse in the past. Besides, she had managed to pick ones that relatively unblemished anyway.
“Clinginess and desperation happens in both genders,” she continued casually “especially when you have people who have grown up being fed all the crap as kids that says they're gonna have whatever they want later on if they just try hard enough, even when the odds are against them. Men usually just have more ways they can attempt to to change those odds around than women do, so it's rarer to see clingy guys... That and the fact that a good number of them would have sooner attempted to just take me than beg for me.”
The felvari's tone dropped a bit and became a bit more serious... but also sort of regretful.
“Poor bastard, I think he actually believed in the fantasy he was trying to sell me... but I'm more trouble than I'm worth for someone like that. Even if I was interested, he would wake up one day and realize this, then just get rid of me... probably try to sell me and make back some of what he spent. Unlike him, I'm not so naïve that I can't see the way things really are...”
She took another short pause to pop another berry in her mouth, her tone returning back to normal when she spoke again.

“If you're feeling left out, I could show you someone who'd probably cling to you in a second with the fancy way you're dressed. I was at a fruit stand awhile back getting these, and the woman running the stand had her face in some book the whole time. I couldn't really read the cover, but I made out the words “dream man” or something like that. She spent her whole time practically ignoring me and looking really annoyed to even be there, so much so that I was able to swipe a few of my coins back off the counter after I was done counting them out... If I had to guess, she's probably the type who think she deserves to be treated like a princess, and was only filling in while her husband is out doing real work or something. If you had been there though, I bet she would've been trying to show a lot more charm and make that whole “princess” thing happen with herself and you. Of course I'd have know a few ways to stop her cold as well... just to see the jealous look on her face.”
With that last bit she gave a sly smirk, although she didn't really mean anything serious by it.
"Anyway, yeah, we can go home now. As much as I'd like to enjoy the night life, I seem to be a magnet for weird annoyances tonight. I've learned it's usually not a good idea to keep pushing things like this when it's easier to let them pass. I'm sure I can find some other way to burn my time... maybe Rio can drag someone else off for dressup tonight and I can be the one getting a free laugh for once...”

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Wouldn't be the first time you left a guy hanging, if that last one was any indicator," remarked Cedrian in response to Ichimi's apology, though his tone of voice indicated that it was far from any serious attempt to guilt-trip the girl. He tilted his head slightly to get a look at the snacks she carried. "Do you ever stop eating? Actually, don't answer that. You're in a good spot, though... Naralona's got no shortage of food for those who are in the business of making money."

He exchanged his mask of humor for a more thoughtful one upon catching a glimpse of the Felvari's apparent worldview. "Hey, I bought into that 'crap'... but then again, not everybody had the same dreams I did growing up. Still, think there's a grain of truth in there somewhere. You don't try hard, you definitely aren't going to get far, but at the same time, you gotta place that effort carefully too," said the man.

"Sure, though women have their own weapons too. I just think you haven't really bothered to sharpen yours, at least on the job. But, they're certainly there," he added. While anyone else might not have caught the reference, it was clear to Ichimi what he was talking about--the suite of feminine charms and the air of vulnerability that could lower many a male guard. Of course, for the Felvari it wasn't quite the same, as she was far less vulnerable than many women given her Voidic origins, but the physical and sexual appeal remained. Her ease in finding male suitors proved as much.

"Left out? Hahaha... never. Hmm..." said Cedrian, taking a moment to hear Ichimi's story of the shopkeeper woman and her situation. "Seems like she hasn't gotten the hint that the 'man of her dreams' will never come by to sweep her off her feet, not with that approach of reading self-help books written by equally desperate housewives. If you ask me, the real man of her dreams--the one she needs--is probably putting the work in every day so that she'll have a roof over her head and food to prepare. Shame that she may not ever notice as much."

He couldn't help but to grin at her last remark. "So you like making other girls jealous? Your kind is just so cruel at times... and by 'your kind', I mean women, of course," he quipped, before taking a look upwards to the dimming sky. "Home it is, then. Best to know when your luck's already out, I guess. It's supposed to be a full moon tonight, so the odds of the weirdoes being out and about is a bit higher, I'd wager."

The two headed back to the hideout, arriving without incident in a manner that could perhaps be credited to Cedrian's natural 'luck'. Augusto, Rio, Josias and Hector were already inside. The group's token cleric was cooking up a storm--from the smell alone, the catgirl could tell that he was preparing roasted lamb, mushrooms with herb sauce, some sort of vegetable stew, and cheese fritters.

"About time you two showed up. Hey, help me out with this, won't you?" Augusto called out, pointing towards some carrots, potatoes, and celery in need of chopping.

At the table, Rio was hard at work, as usual, on one of his many original articles which was laid out in all its frilly glory. "Oh, oh! Just the person I was looking for!" His hopeful gaze met Ichimi's, one meant to guilt trip her into yet another modeling gig of sorts.

Meanwhile, from Josias' "laboratory", plumes of smoke could be seen escaping through the cracks of the door.

Finally, Hector was busy training in the more wide open end of the warehouse. Various sorts of equipment lay strewn about; a heavy bag for striking, a hammer with a pile of clay to use it upon, heavy poles to swing around, a lattice of bars from which to hang upon and do pullups, and various others. He was drenched in sweat, and turned an eye to those who had entered, namely Ichimi. "You should probably get a workout or two in, at some point. If all you do is eat, you'll regret it should things go sour."

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

“Hey! I got this for later, not right now!” the felvari shot back, completely ignoring the fact that she was eating some of her berries on a few moments ago “Anyway, I'm making up for lost time. I'll stop eating when I'm dead... with a couple of breaks along the way for when I wana sleep half the day.”
Her tone softened a little, became a bit more serious “I don't know that any amount of work would ever build me up to what most normal people want, but I certainly appreciate not having to burn myself out all the time now... I didn't really have much of a choice before and it never got me anywhere. Even if I could still wind up dead tomorrow, this is much better than I had it before, and I've gotten so much better at it now that I'm not so desperate all the time... so I guess there's some truth to it all.”
Her tone would lighten again and go back to joking before she let the topic come to an end.
“Or maybe I'm just better at it because I can actually eat as much as I want now. Geeze, I'm not gonna go and get fat like some like some like some normal human girl. If that were the case, I'd have been screwed my first month in the group.”
Ichimi would be content not to argue any further than this, and instead let the conversation move on her experiences at the stall and the matter of her “charms”.

“What's wrong with enjoying it when I make other women jealous? I'd expect you of all people to understand what it's like to enjoy doing something you're good at. Besides, it's not cruel if they're just worse at the game than I am. It's not like I'm going around trying to break up marriages or make guys cheat or anything, and if they do then there were problems there long before I showed up.”
Ichimi gave a short pause, as if about to ponder how morally “right” what she just said was, but then continued without giving it any serious thought. It seemed her mind was elsewhere as she shrunk back a bit and took on an uncertain, almost childish tone and expression.
“What's wrong with my “weapons”, big brother~? Is it because I'm not soft and delicate enough? I'm just doing the best I can, you know~! You're hurting my feelings~!”
At this she couldn't keep up her act anymore and burst into laughing.
“Seriously though, I think my “weapons” are just fine, I certainly don't have trouble getting attention from the types of guys I want it from. It's not my fault if some guys are scared of me having a bit of bite, those types are a waste of my time anyway...
Besides, if anyone should be giving tips on how to best use my feminine charms, it should be Rio... I still think I've probably hooked more guys than he has though. How many stalkers have been out looking for HIM tonight?”

Ichimi would keep up this banter for most of the walk home, although she didn't actually mean anything mean-spirited by it... and at the very least it would keep her preoccupied enough to prevent her from dipping into her snacks again.

~~~​

“Well, it seems things have picked up around here since I left...”
The felvari took a moment to survey the various activities going on as she stepped back into the warehouse. Unfortunately none looked immediately appealing.
Augusto was cooking, but Ichimi could only hope it was for something that would take awhile to be finished, as her last good meal and snacks still hadn't melted away in her stomach yet. There was little reason to work with food if one wasn't going to munch on it along the way. Besides, the felvari, while able to scrape anything together into a decently cooked meal, lacked the flair for the art the former cleric had. “He'd probably just complain I'm cutting stuff crooked or something... not that it matters when it's just gonna be eaten anyway.”
Elsewhere in the room, Rio was working on more outfits. “Pfft, fat chance, as if playing dressup in front of everyone is the first thing I wana do when I get home.”
Once glance in the direction of Josias' room would have a similar reaction “...or get stoned.”
Finally there would be Hector... annoying her with more jabs at her eating habits. Still slightly more appealing than her alternatives, especially if she wanted to burn off some of her meal... but not enough to make her jump at the chance.
“There's not enough room in here for my kind of workout, but I had a nice little jog on the way home. I can still throw myself up the side of a building just fine. I'm hardly about to turn flabby or get winded from a set of stairs... if you don't believe me though, feel free to challenge me to a race anywhere in the city, I'd win easy.”

Ichimi couldn't make up her mind right away, but there was no rush. For the moment all she'd do was pull her hood down and start taking off the rest of her cloak to hang by the door, enjoying the luxury of not having to wear it here at “home”... but then, an ear twitch of annoyance. Even before the felvari could remember why, she felt anoter sensation around her neck as her cloak loosened... one that didn't loosen with it.
“Tch... I'm still wearing that damn collar.”
Almost immediately, too quickly to even be all that stealthy or inconspicuous, she pulled her hood back down over head and tried to turn her face away.
“I'll... be right back...”
She started heading towards the stairs towards her room, hoping nobody had been watching her too closely...