What's new

Beta Sign Up Thread

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: Beta Sign Up Thread

... The stat thing with +2 and then +1 after every level.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

By the way I changed my character sheet... <.<

I was wondering if I should PM a gm the secret fetish thing.
Tell whoever you have as the GM once the game starts. Also, tentacles or furries can't be taken as fetishes, since there are already the tentacle/furry lover disadvantages.

Probably, since there will be some PvP content. However, that disadvantage is worth more than double what normal disadvantages are worth so you may want to ask tass on how to treat taking that one.

Edit: also are the stat increasing feats giving the character +2 the first time they take them and then +1 each time they take them afterwords or +2 when they take them and +1 every time the character levels afterwords?
You get the additional +1 at each level, at least that's how I read it.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I wasn't planning on it being tentacles or furries but thanks for the tip =P

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You get the additional +1 at each level, at least that's how I read it.
Good, good. That's the main reason why I up and took three disadvantages at level one instead of waiting until I had xp in game to purchase them. I have a problem with letting even one stat point slide by, even at the expense of weakening my character.:p

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I want to play but my computer is in maintenance.

The exp than we earn in the beta will gona count in the true jumper or we are going to create another character?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to reuse characters in later games, that's fine by me. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was Silths intention. Unless later GMs overrule me, characters that gain EXP in this game will still have it in the later games. However, no Ascension points will be gained in the beta, since I'm pretty sure Silth never said what bonuses would be gained from ascending.

Last edited:

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

ok

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ascension (Purple Stat)
Ascension is the process of becoming a stronger soldier to your side. It’s determined by special actions, unselfishness (for Good); and either cut-throat actions or sacrificing yourself for Evil (for Evil). Ascending increases your stat cap and allows you to gain new spells and Elements.
I know another way for spells to be gained was mentioned, but I think the main aspect of this ascension was the stat cap increase. But, I wasn't aware that there was a cap.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I know another way for spells to be gained was mentioned, but I think the main aspect of this ascension was the stat cap increase. But, I wasn't aware that there was a cap.
Aye, but that doesn't sound like something useful, since that stat caps increase by level and you can get new elements without Ascending (I think it was depth or intelligence that let you get more elements by how many points are in it. Too lazy to check now.)

So far, players are:
1) Phoenix: Quetz - Neutral
2) Raptor Jesus: Shiva - Good
3) Dia: Sydia - Evil
4) Innocent Mischief: Lilliana - Good
5) The Weird One: Siehydra - Neutral
6) Tomoe: Marina - Evil
7) Luker: Blazetail - Evil
8) plmnko: Celes - good

If I missed anyone, let me know. Teams are relatively balanced, but no more neutral characters. At least for now.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aye, but that doesn't sound like something useful, since that stat caps increase by level and you can get new elements without Ascending (I think it was depth or intelligence that let you get more elements by how many points are in it.)
A new purpose to ascending then?

What if ascending granted, "alignment" based spells, or abilities?

Or maybe just a medal to show how, Nice/Evil/Nothing? you are. :D

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I'm more nothing then you'll ever be !

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The special abilities idea is what I thought it would be. Maybe a minor stat bonus too.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

plmnko: celes - good

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Three goods, three evils, and two neutrals. Perfect.

(I want it known, as I'm typing this, I opened what may have been the most fermented, stale can of lemonade I've ever had. Lemonade is not supposed to taste like ginger ale. Thank you for your time, back to the show.)

Burrito, or any of the other volunteers, do you still want to GM?

Also, combat has not been discussed, at least not when I'm paying attention, so I'm going to make it up right now off the top of my head, and we'll see how badly it needs changes. Suggested alterations or additions are welcome.

Actions:
Casting a spell, attacking, and grappling take 5-10 action points, so characters may get additional attacks or attempts to escape grapples per round. Attacks can be used while grappled. The 5-10 is because I can't decide on a specific number.
Penetration takes all available action points, as does escaping penetration. Attacks and spells cannot be used while penetrated.
Movement is 2 action points for moving 5 feet.
Left over action points are added to armor.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I got a question... since I picked a drawback that is worth two drawbacks can I get rid of one of my drawbacks to balance it out?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Action Points – Separate from fatigue points, action points determine what you can do during a turn. Attacking costs 5 action points, while moving costs 2 action points in combat. Escaping a grapple/sex costs 10 action points. When you run out, you have to wait one turn to get them all back. You can only wait to get all AP back when you can no longer move.
Will this rule be removed then?

And what die system will we be using? :p

(I'm sorry if I'm seeming annoying!)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I got a question... since I picked a drawback that is worth two drawbacks can I get rid of one of my drawbacks to balance it out?
For emphasis: The WeirdOne took secret fetish which is worth 7 points where as a normal fetish is worth 3.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

TWO: I'm going to have to say no, as the fetish disadvantage is less than likely to come up, also I'm not sure what Silth was thinking on that one, making it a +7.

Edit: I would, however, give you the 4 points difference to spend on stats or another advantage.

RJ: Yeah, I'm replacing that, though it's only a partial replacement. The waiting a turn to regain AP didn't make any sense to me, so making the system more streamlined seemed like a good idea. The 5 action points to attack is up to you, though I'm fine with leaving it at 5.
Also of note: If a character or monster has less than five AP, they can only do one action per round.
As for what die system, I'm not entirely sure yet. It's either going to be d10, d12, or d20. I think putting it at d20 would leave too much to chance personally, but I was going to call a vote on that once everyone agreed on the combat system.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

No problem I was just trying to milk it for all it was worth =P