What's new

Suggestion thread!

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Suggestion thread!

Okay, so its turn for team 1, turn for team 2, then a response turn for team 1, then AP resets. Do I kind of understand your idea now?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Um... I think what RJ was thinking of, was each turn is limited to 20 AP, and AP are not recharged until ALL participants have run out. So, let's say player A has 40 max AP, and enemy B has 20. Player A would, effectively, get two turns for each of enemy B's. If player A had 50 AP and enemy B 30, then player A would get three (two and a half, rounded up) to B's two. Thereby striking a balance between letting high-AP characters get an advantage from their high AP, without letting them overwhelm low-AP characters by merely acting more than they possibly could.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Um... I think what RJ was thinking of, was each turn is limited to 20 AP, and AP are not recharged until ALL participants have run out. So, let's say player A has 40 max AP, and enemy B has 20. Player A would, effectively, get two turns for each of enemy B's. If player A had 50 AP and enemy B 30, then player A would get three (two and a half, rounded up) to B's two. Thereby striking a balance between letting high-AP characters get an advantage from their high AP, without letting them overwhelm low-AP characters by merely acting more than they possibly could.
Yeh, that sums it up. :p

I'm sorry for not being clear...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Drawing back to both my earlier statement:

Are the ap costs associated with style skills added to the cost to attack or in place of that cost?

Some style abilities are rendered completely useless given the newer rules. (Throwing Ninja's style level 15 ability agile: the character can move up to 4 squares in a turn)

Since green classes recieve double the chances to attack compared to other classes, they can receive twice the style points meaning that they could easily end up with a level 15 style when the rest of their party only has level 7.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

RJ: It's okay, I'm just tired and not able to process things well right now. I understand what you mean now, and it's a good idea. Silth and I'll work something out. Later, when we've had sleep.

Phoenix: I agree that many of the class abilities are broken under the new rules, but Silth has to decide on how to fix those, as he made them and right now he's got enough to worry about. Wait until he responds to this thread, and if he takes too long PM him your concerns.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Actually, I've been mulling over some ideas that I didn't want to toss out all at once...

1- A turn system similar to what RJ was thinking of. It'd make 'buying' points to increase your AP worth it again.

2- New movement system based off your speed. It would end up being (Speed)/10 = Character's movement for squares. So, if you had a speed of 30, you could move 3 squares.

3- New combat system. Strength would add not a bonus to-hit for melee weapons, but a damage bonus for them. Same with strength for Dexterity-based ranged weapons, and Finesse-thrown weapons. Int not only helps your magic hit, but also helps with a damage bonus.

4- Depth would be used as a way to resist status effect rolls from magic - IE, instead of using Will Power (which would be used as Defense against Magic), if someone used the spell sweet words, it would be Intelligence vs. Depth. This stat would still be used to determine how many Elements you could use at once.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Should Dexterity be used for ranged Magic attack's chance to hit as well? I mean, you still have to aim with magic, at least I did the last time I played Oblivion. >.>

If upgrading INT upgrades both chance to hit and damage, as well as MP, then I suggest making the respective bonuses worth half as much as if you upgraded say, Strength, which boosts damage purely, and DEX-FEN, which boost chance to hit as well as their other respective stats.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

MP's probably gonna be a combo of Int + Depth now.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

2- New movement system based off your speed. It would end up being (Speed)/10 = Character's movement for squares. So, if you had a speed of 30, you could move 3 squares.
Would I be correct in guessing, then, that a tanks 'bulky' disadvantage would change the formula to (Speed)/15 or (Speed)/20?

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

You are correct sir.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Double Post is EPIC.
After some thinking, I've banged out what each stat would now 'represent' (as I'm trying to make all stats worthwhile in battle, or in the world).

Strength: Damage modifier for almost all weapon types. Melee weapons would get a Str/10 bonus to damage, while bows and thrown weapons would get a Str/20 bonus to damage. Yes, it'd be rounded up again.
Dexterity: Your to-hit score for every weapon. Archers and Marines would get a Dex/10 bonus to their to-hit.
Stamina: Your endurance during sex and battle. Every time you had an orgasm or received a blow, your endurance would reduce the damage by End/10 (END/5 if you're an erotic class for orgasms).
Finesse: Determines to-hit bonus for thrown weapons, as well as your chance to dodge an attack. Thrown weapons would receive Fin/10 for their to-hit bonus, and everyone would receive a Fin/20 to their AC (while Green Classes would receive a Fin/10 bonus).
Speed: The amount you can move in one turn. Since 5 feet equals one 'square' on the map, your movement would be determined by Spe/10.
Senses: Your ability to dodge magic. This doesn't give you a bonus to dodge magic. Senses will still be used as the main way to find hidden enemies, objects, and track teams in the World turns.
Will Power: This will reflect your chance of getting back up from a knock-out blow with one FP left (Will Power/20). It's also going to lower the amount of CP you can take from actions (Will Power/20, again).
Intelligence: Your to-hit for Magic based attacks. This provides the bonus of Int/10 for your magic to-hit score, also. It will still help determine your MP, along with...
Depth: Your to-hit ratio for Element-based Status Effects. This will affect how much MP you have, as well as how many Elements you may learn.

Also, Alchemist/Alchemy users are going to be changing a bit too; I've been fooling around with an idea in my head of what they'll now do (basically, a very rough crafting idea).

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Dexterity: Your to-hit score for every weapon. Archers and Marines would get a Dex/10 bonus to their to-hit.

Finesse: Determines to-hit bonus for thrown weapons, as well as your chance to dodge an attack. Thrown weapons would receive Fin/10 for their to-hit bonus, and everyone would receive a Fin/20 to their AC (while Green Classes would receive a Fin/10 bonus).
@Dexterity: So... Fighters, tanks, erotic artists, ninjas, martial artists, alchemists, and mages get no bonus to hit in melee? Also: there isn't currently a 'Marine' class.

@Finesse: Unless you drop all rolls to use d10's, no one is every going to miss. My character has one of the highest finesse's at 33, this would mean that my ac without armor is 2. This change as is would make finesse much less useful than armor.

Conclusion: Your revisions work with neither the current dice nor the numbers used for the current stats. If you want to drastically lower everything, throw out the random /10's and /20's and just make it to where peoples base stats are 0 with 10 divided as they choose.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

@Dexterity: So... Fighters, tanks, erotic artists, ninjas, martial artists, alchemists, and mages get no bonus to hit in melee? Also: there isn't currently a 'Marine' class.

@Finesse: Unless you drop all rolls to use d10's, no one is every going to miss. My character has one of the highest finesse's at 33, this would mean that my ac without armor is 2. This change as is would make finesse much less useful than armor.
I'll figure out something for everyone to get a to-hit bonus. And yes, there is a marine class... Kinda. I'm still working on them.

And you'd have 33 AC, with a bonus of two. AC rolls would come out to be (for your character): d50 + 33 + Armor Bonus + Finesse Bonus (2).

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'll figure out something for everyone to get a to-hit bonus. And yes, there is a marine class... Kinda. I'm still working on them.

And you'd have 33 AC, with a bonus of two. AC rolls would come out to be (for your character): d50 + 33 + Armor Bonus + Finesse Bonus (2).
... Huh?

So is ac going to be Finesse+Finesse/20, then?

Edit: Also, does that mean you'll be calculating attacks as:

D50+Dex bonus vs D50+Finesse+Armor+Finesse Bonus?

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah. I know, I word things... oddly. ^-^;

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I don't suppose you could tell us the formulas for these:

Fatigue Points:
Action Points:
Pleasure Points:
Armor Class:
Magic Points:

Also, given how drastically you are changing the way things work: are we going to completely remake our characters as level ones for the next round?

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I thought I posted somewhere that there'll be a wipe for Dimension 2? Ah, well... Yeah, I expected there to be a character wipe when we got there. >.> The story from Dimension 1 would still be in effect, just everyone would start out on a blank slate.

The formulas are still being toyed with too, so I can't tell you much about them.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So... When are these changes being taken into effect? Only until Dimension 2?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I thought I posted somewhere that there'll be a wipe for Dimension 2? Ah, well... Yeah, I expected there to be a character wipe when we got there. >.> The story from Dimension 1 would still be in effect, just everyone would start out on a blank slate.

The formulas are still being toyed with too, so I can't tell you much about them.
I just didn't know how far the wipe went. Last I check I thought it was just reducing our current characters to level one as opposed to retooling races/classes.