What's new

Trapped in the Underdark - In Character

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark - In Character

...somewhere else!
Tag: Asheroth, Xirce, Lena, Ventus,

"So much for that, here we go!" Lior made sure she was withing 45 feet of Asheroth, staying as far away from the travelers as she could as best she could. Upon reaching her spot, she would begin chanting the Litany of Fervor, to embolden her friends to new heights of violence and power.

The silver-blue light cascaded around each character in the party, imbuing them with a riotous bloodlust. They could move faster, evading enemy attacks or raining down a greater flurry of blows upon the enemy. At the same time though, something about the fire now alight inside them felt empty; it felt cold.

INIT:
Roll(1d20)+1:
15,+1
Total:16

Blessing of Fervor grants that each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).

Increase its speed by 30 feet.
Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Office of Knowledge
Tag: Deva

"Odd for a celestial to be so interested in this subject," Dasyra murmured.

She perked her ears up at the idea for an unusual shadow conjuration usage. Perhaps it was something she could experiment on herself and Ventus at a later time.

"I doubt I'd be personally looking for those worlds, as I would invalidate them as soon as I stepped foot on them. By the way, are you not at all concerned with who you are speaking to? I had not expected this conversation to be so cordial - not that I am complaining."

She let Kaila describe the staves and presented the scroll case when payment was asked about. "These are scrolls with information on magics that a powerful lich used. We cannot read them, but presumably someone here would be able to, and we suspect they are quite sufficient for a trade."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva
Plane of Knowledge, little office
Tag: Dasyra, Kaila, Vel

"Wait, what subject am I interested in again? Oh! Yes! Cupcakes, why odd? They are tasty." Deva handwaved Dasyras concerns. "Concern implies I'm threatened by you, but you wouldn't hurt me because if you explode my helpless (and very soft) fluffelwings, I would be unable to give you any of the information you need. Plus I'd scream very worriedly an that might attract trouble for you. As for who you are, well, lacking formal introductions I'll call you Puppy, Shadowelf and Snuggly the horny demon conjurer." The 'slightly' scatterbrained Celestial suggested.

Deva then snatched up the scrolls with suprising speed, reading over them..

"Bla bla bla, nonsense, bla, summon.. oh geesh, thats a lot of undead." Deva stopped midway through reading the scrolls, looking annoyed. "Moments like these I wish I had fire magic.. grmn..." She grumbled, then crumpled the scrolls up, picking them up and.. proceeding to eat them, with a "Needsh shalt." comment. "Ugh.. go down terrible.." She said, gulping them down. "No one will be using that kinda crap anytime soon. You know who wrote these or is it second hand, shadowelfy? Oh and don't tell the librarians, they think all knowledge is sacred, well until some madwoman asked 'em what about a spell that could erase all knowledge, changed their mind did I." She clasped her hands together.

"Anywhoo, payment accepted, though I'd have prefered some new puns, its a good thing you couldn't read that nonsense, that was like an 8.5 on the crazy necromancer scale.

.. also tastes crappy. So back to my question, opposing elements yes? Because heres the thing with a bunch of rods of ice you can make a biiig iceberg, bunch of rods of opposing elements you can .. well, if you got any brains you set them up so they negate each other, buuuuut.."
Deva let the end of the sentence hang in the air for a moment, which she used to crumple up the remaining scrollstuff. She did not seem to be a fan of necromancy.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Office
Tag: Cupcake Angel

"My name is Dasyra. But you can call me Shadowelf if you want, Cupcake. And I'm not trying to suggest anything untoward. I find you quite pretty and intriguing. It's just that I imagine some celestials as not wanting to associate kindly with the undead and fiend-bloods."

Dasyra was surprised and alarmed at the way Deva quickly snatched the scrolls and after reading them, began to eat them.

"Ah! Wait... oh... shucks..." She put a pale blue hand to her mouth and squirmed a bit.

"I figured it was something terrible, but... sigh... maybe knowing what was there could undo the evil things that the writer had done. At least that was what I was hoping." Dasyra grumbled, concern visible on her face, even though it would be difficult to tell without thought detection to know she was worried of losing a chance to undo the blade's grip over Ventus.

"Also, I really do hope you can help us, because now we don't have anything to pay the other librarians with. And if we don't get the right knowledge for these scrolls then a lot of bad things might happen."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva

"Oh, you're thinking of my half-brother,..

I find that knowledge highly suspect and although I shall listen to your cause, abomination, it better be of great importance you come before me, lest I judge you with.. etc etc.

Anyway, cutie, my second wife was an obyrith.. what would you call 'em.. Quili.. quiliolil.. qlqllqll*cough* something or another. Anyway, used to a lot."
Deva winked.

"Dun worry, they don't taste that bad, got a good tummy, heavenly so. What evil do you wanna undo?" She inquired, then waved her hand.

"Oh don't worry, I can totally help you, it was all about cupcake recipes right? No.. wait, that was me!" She giggled playfully, tilting her hat back a little.

And piercing Dasyra with calm, blue eyes that seemed to see deep into her soul, even if the bubbly tone didn't leave her voice, it subsided for a moment. "An explosion. Opposing elements don't mix well, if you have a total of four of them, at perfect balance, you can summon a creature of pure balance, a Rilmani, however, the more easier, and more likely trick would be intentionally destabilizing them all and pointing them at something you really want not to have a good day. Think of a rod of disintegration but far more potent, overcomes a lot of resistances. You could only describe one of the rods, so you don't have them, so someone else does and you want to know what they are up to, well, counter question, is there some sort of prison or fortress that whoever has those staffs might want to break in?" Deva said, calmly, before readjusting her hat, grinning down. "Whooos a good puppy? Whooo wants a cupcake? Now siiiit!"

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Underdark tunnels
Tag: All

"Mistress Ventus was with us at the water temple. The genasi girl that was its guardian was transformed by the ones mistress Ventus fights," Lena explained quickly in a whisper to Sylvie. "I don't recall the guy, but I don't know about that masked one," she added in a whisper.

Lena was content to not attack, and was trying to think of a way to maybe talk them out of this, Until Asheroth charged in. "Well fuck, was hoping to not fight if we could help it, but oh well. Looks like we got no choice now," Lena muttered to herself, slipping her arrow back into her quiver and her bow with it, before casting her Barkskin spell on herself, and drawing Dusk and Dawn from their sheaths.

As she did this in one fluid motion, Lena began moving forward towards the masked woman, while Asheroth had the big genasi guy busy, hoping to give Lior a chance to prepare more than just the spell she was casting now, and give Xirce time to recover after being possessed.

( )

(Casting Barkskin on self to increase Lena's AC to 27 with her standard action. Then moving forward with her move action to put herself adjacent to the masked woman if she has the movement range, though if she doesn't have the movement range, Lena will move forward as far as she can and putting herself between Lior and the masked woman. And she uses her minor action to put her bow away to draw her swords as she moves. Also, if Lena gets the buff from Lior's spell, she will be taking the +2 to attack rolls, dodge AC, and Reflex saves for this turn.)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Combat Round 1

"Well duh, I knew that.." Xirce lied once de-posessed when Lena filled her in. The angelblood saw the paladin itching to charge forth and cast a spell making her skin harden, roughen, and take on barklike quality. However, that provoked a response. "Casting spells during a fight rather than repositioning and preparing, they're amateurs." The masked one informed as Lena moved before Lior and within 30 ft of her.

The masked one added casually as Lior too chanted a spell: "It's like you aren't even trained assasines or something. Oh well, lets try this one out." The masked one twirled her strange spear, stabbing at Lena.. who actually caught the attack, much the the witches annoyance. She tried stabbing the spear at Lena again, but again the angelblood jumped back, provoking a sigh. "Ok... different approach. Hey Berg, perhaps we need to get halfway serious eh?" She joked, reaching out for one of the floating masks and.. replacing the one she was currently wearing with it.

Xirce shook her head clear. Whilst Sylvie had, literally, gone underground the Hellfire caster had been a bit disoriented for a moment. Clearing her head she moved to have a clear shot a the Witch.

Meanwhile, Asheroth surged forward. Although the massive mountain of a man managed to raise his shield, the paladin slammed into it and, with the holy might of her strike behind her furious assault, drove the same up against his chest and him backwards. Despite this massive asault, he looked as if he could take the punishment. Unlike his talkative companion he narrowed his eyes but said little, instead raising his hammer and chanting.:

"Shield. Other."

Though it wasn't targeted at the witch, if- Asheroths thoughts were interrupted, as on reflex, she sidestepped a small, pointy pin, like an arrow but held in one hand, rushed past her on a dark hand. Before she could celebrate her sucessful dodge, a hand grabbed her shoulder and the arrow spun in mid air, briefly, Asheroth realized it was attached to a ring that could be spun freely, before it impacted her throat. raising her arm to block of another strike, she found herself face to face with her opponent, a small, dark skinned drow with dark colored hair, that twirled around, this time stabbing the spiked dart into her other shoulder. If Asheroth had been an expert in monk weapons she'd have recognized the Emei stabbing daggers.. right now, she was too distracted with the pain to admire them, whilest the drow jumped back into Bergs shadow.
(Asheroth takes a total of 31 damage and I get a fortitude saving throw against poison.)

"Well, since they're not going to introduce themselfs, I might as well." The chatty witch added. "Son of the Mountain and Daughter of the Shadows, assasine team. He takes the punishment, she dishes it out. Seem very protective of one another. Hoy, you're supposed to go for the casters in the back, take one of those out, not clash with the heavily armored frontliners.. I guess she doesn't like you hitting the big one. Oh well. So hard to get good help these days, guess I've got to risk a mask or two. Oh well, I can use you to replace them." "You talk too much." "Oh I knew I had heard of those!" Xirce enthused. "Professional assasines to stop the great Xirce!"
"Actually, the main target is Ventus and her group of slaves that escaped the mindflayers, an aasimar named Lena, seeing someone very fitting of that description, a tiefling with her familiar and an elf, currently missing. You're on the list too though." "Hmphf.." Xirce seemed unhappy not being the assasines primary target.

"Anywhoo, enough fun chit chat." The masked one .. sounded like she was grinning as she asked: "Who wants to see something crazy?"

Initative: Lena -> Lior -> Masked witch -> Xirce -> Asheroth -> Berg(Injured) -> Schatten

Last edited:

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Asheroth
Dark Caves
Tag: Scouting Group

73/104 HP Remaining. 6/7 Rounds of Rage Remaining. 5/8 Lay on Hands Remaining. By Attacking Asheroth, the Drow has activated Dutiful Strike!

Fortitude Save:

The Demon's fangs grind together, a deep growl echoing in the back of her throat in response to her injuries. "Assassins, huh? I guess that means we can't talk our way out of this..." She mumbled audibly, her eyes moving from the man and woman. Seemed that they fought as a duo, and that Drow... seemingly came out of nowhere, whomever she was... she was good at what she did. She could feel the blood speckling down her armor and she... was not happy in the slightest. Taking a few steps toward the Drow's direction, she lifted her halberd high into the air, imbuing her divine power into her strike, and with magically enhanced speed, dropping its blade on the woman, before reeling back and jabbing her with the point twice in a row. The woman didn't look to enduring... this should be over quick.

Attack Rolls: , ,

Damage Rolls:

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dark Caves
Tag: Asheroth, Xirce, Lena, Ventus, Enemies!

Lior continues her chant. Her mace hangs on a chain by her side as her hands are clasped together above her breast. The words that spill out of her mouth are a clear and practiced infernal, proclaiming the power of her goddess and the weakness of her foes. Lior goes on and on in rolling a vicious terms the extent of how Sethie's reign will encompass the mortal world and all souls living and dead will bend to her will. Of course, those unable to understand Infernal would hear a sharp, yet somehow reassuring string of words pouring out of her. Her prayer infuses them further, while giving those that seek to harm her group a light drain as the silvery webs and ribbons of her goddess begin to pull at their weapons and bodies.

Her friends feel the opposite. A pull to action, to subdue, to prove their superiority over their foes, over Lior's foes, over... It's blurry but it fills them with a cold fire and a sense of vindication and duty that is likely anathema to Xirce even as it empowers her.

Lior casts Prayer:

You bring special favor upon yourself and your allies while bringing disfavor to your enemies. You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.

[7/8] Blessing of Fervor grants that each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).

Increase its speed by 30 feet.
Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
- Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Kaila and Vel
Angelic Madness Containment Field
Tag: Dasyra, Deva

Kaila smirked at hearing the wizards don't have all knowledge. "Amateurs. Abraxas does it better clearly. He keeps all knowledge, especially that knowledge. Hell he knows the knowledge that will end magic as we know it. He just isn't fool enough to use it."

Kaila looked at the angel with a wry expression as she went about eating all the notes and such.

"Yeah you're bullshitting on the Qlippoth thing. Those freaks only care about ending all sin by wiping out all mortal life so they can be back on top. Regular baby eating monsters made of primal fears. Frankly the demons did the multiverse a favor knocking them out of the captain's wheel. Least they are understandable and reasonable, as much as any outsider is understandable and reasonable anyways. Funny how the afterlife is full of ideologues. But who am I to talk, I'm one of em."

She hummed, listening to the explanation of the staffs. "Wait, thats it? Are you certain they're just trying to make a massive disintegration? Huh. That's waaaaaay less concerning. I mean it's still bad, but I was expecting them to tear open whatever positive energy rift they've got going on extra wide or corrupt all the elements with that crap or something. Though I suppose they might well be doing that. So I assume the only way to stop it is to get the staffs away from them then?"

Vel rolled her eyes and sat down a bit. {Fine. Then you sit for me and I'll tell you how to make Lustcakes.}

"How long will it take them to get this ritual working?," asks Kaila, "Gotta know how long we have to prepare for proper conflict. Lot of freaks between us and the staffs after all, and the Mindflayers are in on it too. Who knows what other freaky things they've got with em. So I want to be sure I can rally enough forces, given that we've got undead who don't propogate so we don't have much forces there. I'm gonna have to call up a LOT of gluttony demons to clear out this mess. But hey, more ghoul friends for Dasyra then, heh."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva

"Abraxas is no fun at parties. At least I don't imagine he is. Also, trying to unmake magic would get a lot of folks that are into magic on your butt and you don't want that, because they can cast spells. Thats the problem with too big a weapon, it'll hit yourself just as well.

And, well, to be fair I was kind of exxagerating with the Quilo.. the thing, it was more like my wife subsumed the powers of one of them, long story. Lots of tentacles. Very kinky, good times. Ever made out with someone on a bed that was made out of them? Anyway, I'm just a bit nostalgic here, you kinda remind me of her, red hair, golden eyes, spotting a bulge."
Deva sighed and leaned back, reminiscing for a moment, though her random expression was a little hard to read. "Hmnn.. shame I'm busy with this temp job at the moment. Anywhoo."

"Nah the puppy is one of them, you're a proto-demon. But what do you expect, the afterlife is made out of ideals. You do good stuff, you go to a good place, made out of good stuff, I find its all a very fitting way of doing things." Deva enthused, feeding Vel the cupcake and scratching behind her ears. "By the way you are suprisingly trusting, I could have baked that cupcake with holy water or saintsblood." She wagged a finger at Vel.

"Nah dun worry. Holy water messes with the taste. Anyway. A big explosion is concerning enough on its own, depending on your proximity to it. As for stopping it, unless you got an archmage or your own set of elemental rods, yes, getting it away from them would be a good idea. As for how long.. Not long, depends on their expertise with it. I could wing it in like a moment or two.
... get it?"
Deva pointed to her wings and wiggled her eyebrows, keeping that up until the moment had grown near uncomfortable before going on.

"For your average insane cultist? I dunno, few days tops. Mindflayers are awfully smart, kinda their stick. Not a fan of Nabasu personally, I recommend Bralani instead, they make fighting a breeze, plus experts on air elemental stuff."

Zilrax

Reputation score

Kaila and Vel
Crazytown, Population 4

Kaila chuckles a bit. "I dunno, man with snakes for legs, bird thing for head, can only imagine what he's packing. And knows everything so probably knows every spot to make you howl. And well that's the kicker right? You get all these mages on you and you turn off magic. What are they gonna do then? Flail around. It's the sword he holds over everyone. You don't mess with him and he doesn't turn off all magic. Besides, going by the cultists who know a weaker version of it, he can probably localize the effect. Plus he has all sorts of knowledge. Like how to drag a meteor from the sky into a planet. Not like the piddly things archmages talk, I'm talking destroy a continent style crazy. Probably knows worse too. So, y'know, sounds like a good party to me?

She smirks a bit as she shifts position a bit to show off ger body a bit. "I'm not sure we'd be a good fit hun. Azata's might be more fun than any other celestials but you're still a celestial and I think we'd clash in other respects. Also frankly, you make demons seem stable. Assuming you're not just a Protean playing dressup."

Vel stretches and yawns. {Trust has nothing to do with it. First off angel's bloods not dangerous, else demons wouldn't bite and claw them. Holy waters a different matter, but I'm too powerful for that to do more than be temporarily unpleasant. And I'm a real demon, not a protodemon, watch your tongue. I'm no Demodand. Anyways, it's simple logic. You're clearly knowledgeable enough to be here and get a temp job. If you started hurting people unprovoked you'd likely be ejected from the job and the fact you're still here indicates you haven't found what you are looking for. And if you were going to try and hurt me, you'd have done something more forthright. Moreover, I suspect you're as interested in mortal realms not becoming overwhelmed by something that might interfere with the cycle of souls as much as we are. Hurting us would be counterproductive.}

Kaila frowns. "That's not much time. And air puns, really? Anyways Bralani aren't all that dangerous, I'd prefer lillends or Ghaele if I had to call up celestials. But I'm not a Mystery Cultist, I'm a demoniac. So demons it will be. And Nabasu deal with negativity. Being able to counteract the enemy will be critical. Course I'll probably get an earful when the Nabasu kill something and they raise as ghouls... Not that I'm strong enough to summon them anyways. Hm. You're the researcher here. Do you have an reversed polarity version of Death Ward? Might as well get something actually usable out of this, seems we've given away a fortune to learn they're making a bomb."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva

Deva just smiled on calmly with Kailas admiration of Abraxas. "You should be careful in your admiration of the evil and powerful. I've learned a thing about power.. those that have none crave it, those that have some flaunt it, and those that have a lot .. tire of it and envy those without." Deva rasied a finger. "It may sound hard to believe, but demons tell not always the truth. To create a force strong enough to nullify all magic, an equal force would have to be sacrificed, for example, who says that the one undoing all magic can do so without sacrificing their very existance to fuel the full incantations might. For everything else theres anti magic fields.. and why'd you wanna blow up a continent, people propably try to live there!" Then, she crossed her arms.

"Azata.. Eladrin, protean in disguise, perhaps I'm just a mortal with strong angelic blood that got dropped on the head, a lot of people like to go with that story and who am I to interfere with other peoples beliefs? Perhaps I'm hiding behind a mask of insanity, because the people tell the fool what they keep secret from the king, or perhaps theres only the mask. I'm a temp librarian. I even got a hat for it, but mine is better. Why do you admire demons so?" She pointed at the extravagant hat and grinned, not skipping a beat in her speech. "You know, I'm giving you an awful lot of bonus information for free, really not in the spirit of this place." She tapped her fingers on her arm, looking over to Vel.

"Oh and I found what I'm looking for, this is just a living. I make three silver a day, plus the food is.. eerhmn.. alright. Its nice and quiet and as I said, makes me feel smarter to work here. I ment the tiefling with proto-demon, don't you worry lil puppy and I really don't like hurting people, don't worry about that either, 'tis just a bit of goodly banter. As for your realm becoming overwhelmed.. I wish you the best of luck, but I wont interfere... I'm on the clock you see, can't just go wandering off, or get into trouble with either side! Competition in the librarian-workmarket is harsh and unforgiving, a lot of hard covers and sharp bookmarks you see.." She nodded.

"Nabasu are pretty negative yeah. Ghaele would be great too, Lillends aren't my thing. I like peace and quiet and cupcakes. Reverse polarity deathward? Oh, lifeward. That shouldn't be hard to get by but the question is what are you paying me? Because I feel those scrolls are about used up.." she patted her belly.

"You want more, you got to offer me something.. and I'm not talking demonic lore, met a demon or two, 'rawr rawr tear you apart, oh hey there little angel, want to taste some corruption? .. Wait that can't be happening? How did you do that? What are you! Arghu.. blurgh.. bleh.'" She mimicked, at the end tilting her head to the side, letting her tongue hang out to patomime a comically knocked out demon, holding still for a moment.

Last edited:

Zilrax

Reputation score

Kaila and Vel
Crazytown

Kaila snorts a bit. "Sounds like a load of nonsense, kinda like the whole immortals always get bored of immortality thing. There are so many things to do and see in the multiverse, you'd have to be a real boring person to get bored of immortality. And those with power tend to collect more power, not less. Maybe in angelville they seek less, but those who sought power generally seek it for a reason. And in demon town, the mayors the strongest, smartest, most clever demon, and he wants to be mayor cus then he's less likely to get killed by all the other demons. You don't want less power, you want more to keep on top of the rest and make them do what you want them to do.," says Kaila, shaking her head, "They don't hate power, they hate responsibility and upkeep. And yeah, responsibility sucks. But it comes with the territory. If you don't want to be responsible and let things fall to shit, you cede control to the person who is strong enough to do it and responsible enough to keep control and to keep getting stronger. You're not worthy so you get your head on a pike to the better demon. Demons may be ravening hordes but they're neither random nor stupid. And the short sighted ones never amount to anything."

"By all means, feel free to test his Final Incantation but I won't. If he was truly bluffing I doubt he'd be alive, because there is always demons willing to risk it all. Also why? Because you really hate everyone on that continent. Because you want to sacrifice them in a grand way to your god. Because they are "impure" and need to be "cleansed." Or if we're going to be honest rather than play the usual "moral high ground" logic twisting, because you want to make a lot of people die or suffer. And there's always those who want just that. Of course, those with such mindsets rarely accomplish such a powerful act, they tend to implode early. But when you get whole races like that, like dark elves or aboleths... Well. If it suits Abraxas goals, things explode. I'm sure he knows how to do even worse."

Vel looks at the angel wryly as she flailed about here and there. {Yeah, yeah. If you were THAT dedicated to the rules, you wouldn't have eaten the research. And here's some knowledge in exchange then. There's a portal to get here. If the cultists win, therefore, they will get here. And everywhere. Spreading that fleshwarping corruption everywhere they go. And it spreads just by being around them evidently. And given books and scrolls are organic matter, just think what them being around all this knowledge could do to what it's made on? So it's in your interest to provide what aid you can because if you don't, there won't even BE a job to temp on. I'd say that knowledge is worth a lot of help, yes?}

( 23 Diplomacy)

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva

Deva seemed happy to chat with Kaila for a while, letting Dasyra think about her response, she chuckled a bit at Kailas reaction. "Perhaps they do! Have you been immortal? But yes, lots of things to do, I don't get the nihilistic wanting to die types either.. but perhaps some people would consider immortality cheating.. boring. Too much power skews the perspective. Whats the challenge in taking on evil if you can snuff it out with a thought." Devas voice still had an odd mixture of playful and sombre tone, leaving even an experienced listener uncertain just how much she might be speaking from direct experience.

"What happens when you achieved your goal? What if your greatest goal in life is to just live in peace in, oh, for example, a library." Deva smiled, her eyes hidden under her hat. "And you are wrong, those that hunt for power are the ones causing trouble for those in power. Those that neither have nor want power are usually left alone. Responsibilities have little to do with it. At one point, you gain a responsibility beyond your own needs and wants. For example, if Abraxas were to try to use his incantation." Deva extended her arms. "That'd be something someone powerful would be responsible for stopping before it could even happen. Oh and I didn't say he was bluffing, the answer to other potential usurpers you gave yourself.. he is powerful enough without using it.. and there are demons that'd do anything, just to see if they can.. that includes him. So he can't. Not without a hefty price to pay, at least thats what logic would suggest, no?
But philosophy about such big things is always tiresome."
Deva stretched a bit and yawned demonstratively. "Lets talk about kinky stuff instead. Whats your favourite animal dong? Now I'm guessing wolfie, but I want to put dragon up for consideration and theres mermaid with..dolphinesque features. Also! Snakes, two for the price of one! Huh?"

"I don't get hate. I really don't. People tried to explain it to me a few times.. I think its the angelic blood. I just think no spell that can harm those truly innocent should ever be cast." Deva shrugged, but refused to address the issue of blowing up continents further.

Deva grinned slightly at the 'puppy' "I'm not dedicated to rules at all, but I do have to maintain a facade. As for your knowledge.. obviously theres a portal to here, else you wouldn't be here." Deva expanded.: "She spoke of summoning Gluttony demons, which means this is the highest she can summon, which means she didn't planeshift. This one, lean physique, bow and arrows, no runes or spellbooks, neither of you are spellcasters with the power to shift here... just educated guesses. But I'm super educated. I'm in a library!
Anyway, if any cultists tried to come here they'd find out that theres a lot of mages about, interested in testing out new evocation or transmutation spells, downside of trying to invade the biggest library of the multiverse. And portals can be shut down or redirected to.. not so fun places.

I'm afraid this is your mess to deal with. Plus, I'm afraid-er I'm more of an expert on using positive energy.. not stopping it... that said.."
Deva tipped her chin.
"I guess I can help suggest you a spell or two like the one you wanted. But in exchange, I want you to help me with a thing of my own. AND pay me with some proper knowledge I enjoy.

Puns."
She nodded. "I like good puns. I shall take your best knowledge of puns in trade, if I find it worthy."

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Office

The shadow elf looked back and forth between Kaila and Deva, frowning at the obscure references and getting silently irritated at the both of them for what seemed to her a pointless distraction into philosophy which would end up going nowhere. She decided to seize the opportunity to just move things a bit forward.

"Okay, insightful as this conversation is, maybe we could skip to the part where we get the information we need, and leave the librarian to her books and cupcakes. So.. you want a pun? Fine.... erm... hmmm..."

The dark ranger paused, tapped her dark cherry lips with a pale blue finger in thought for several long moments, then snapped her fingers and said:

"Okay, how about what you call a thieves guild on top of a mountain? A sneak peak."

The undead elf made jazz hands to emphasize the punchline.

"Puns kill," she observed, then quipped. "I have some."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva

"Ehehehe I like that. Keep them coming." Deva enthused.

Deva seems mildly amused by the puns! You have to keep going to defeat her!

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Office of Puns
Tag: Deva

The dark ranger folded her arms, somewhat disappointed that her pun wasn't enough.

"Uhhh.... okay. So, why do the undead have such an advantage in the necropolis? Wight privilege."

She thought a bit more.

"What's the only clothing that a storm cloud wears? Thunderpants."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deva

"Hmnnn Oh I get it. Not too bad. Nothing amazing either. You are asking for rare spell knowledge after all.." Deva nodded. "Bonus points for puns related to your situation." She decided to offer benevolently.

Deva still seems only mildly amused by the puns! You have to use more powerful puns!

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Underdark passageway

After placing herself between Lior and the masked woman, Lena squared off with her, and hopped out of the way of a spear thrust, and then she did so again. "Well, it's probably because we aren't assassins," Lena said bluntly to the masked woman, when she said what she did to Lior.

"And do you wanna see the edge of my blade?" Lena asked when the masked woman asked them if they wanted to see something crazy, raising an eyebrow as she did so, and preparing to move forward to try and put the masked woman on the defensive. "I'll show it to you anyway, come on," Lena said after a few moments, advancing forward to place herself directly in front of the masked woman, and within striking distance of her blades, where Lena would slash her katana out at the woman in an attempt to halt whatever it was she was doing, or at least keep her from doing anything to Lior behind her, since Asheroth seemed to have the genasi guy under control for the moment.

First off, I will need to know if the masked woman counts as an aberration, because Lena's attack and damage depends on it. Also, I'm taking the +2 to attack, AC, and Reflex from Lior's buff spell.

, If 29 hits +4 more if masked woman's an aberration, and Lena rolled a 15 on her d20 roll, and her katana which she is attacking with has a crit threat chance of 15.

, with a natural 20 on the roll, so that confirms the crit hit, assuming 29 was enough to hit the first time around. Additionally if masked lady's an aberration, this roll would have +4 to its attack, though if the first one hit, then we know this one already hits too.

, Crit roll was 2d8+8, and if masked lady is an aberration, add a +8 to the damage dealt to her.