This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOC Discussion thread

This thread will be where all out of character, concerns, questions, and ideals shall be handled.
    Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Re: OOC Discussion thread

As you might have noticed I intend to use characters/enemies from Raidy as well as mamono profile, which Phoenix was kind enough to help me work out in the earlier incarnation. If anyone has some pics of the bosses/enemies from Raidy II it would help a lot and be greatly appreciated.
    Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Comment

Also the rules thread has been updated with the rules from the original game ran on Phoenix's old subforum. I will work on the enemies later and try to get them finished along with setting up the outside world.
      Spoiler

Comment

I can get the pictures for and such for the enemies and prbably think up good traps on my own, but the killer is the statty business. I would greatly appreciate someone who is keen on that stuff's help please?
        Spoiler

Comment

Sorry, i only have this
          LWR1
          http://g.e-hentai.org/g/309777/19fb91aa6b/

LWR2
          http://g.e-hentai.org/g/30208/5658da8d81/

Comment

That's okay, thanks. I already got all the pictures of bosses. At some point Ill put up the recurring enemies. I just have to figure out stats.
            Spoiler

Comment

I wouldn't be averse to attempting to help, but I've never had any experience with this sort of system, or with balancing stats.

Comment

I thought of having all the bosses and enemies from the first game be the first five dungeons, and maybe the bosses would be maybe 2-3 levels above the required characters level or current level and all the enemies would be of equal level if maybe not one level higher. So I just need to work on their abilities and work out their ability levels. The main enemies and bosses from Raidy II will be 6-10th level dungeons and encounters. So maybe try to remember the recommended level for fighting the bosses and divide it to the appropriate level?
                Spoiler

Comment

Lightning Warrior Raidy Walkthrough

That's a good one with level recommendations, though I feel like this game could do with a bit less grinding than was required in LWR.

Granted, the stats in this forum game seem not much like the ones in LWR, if only because there is much less HP and MP. I'm unsure how things should scale.

Comment

Hmm so far the boss levels seem to be right for the game. I will just try to convert their stats into my formula and then divid their actual level by four making them just about the level I had in mind for this game. It's lazy I know, but I think it would be best and easiest to simply repeat that process for the Raidy II enemies and bosses. Thanks.
                    Spoiler

Comment

Bump.

Some minor stat work for the bosses.
                      Fonfon= 20hp
                      Sorceress=25hp
                      Tiss=30hp
                      Foless=35hp
                      Knight=40hp
                      Cubast=100hp

RaidyII
                      Suudeiau=20hp
                      Jura=30hp
                      Jami=40hp
                      Sorceress=50hp
                      Jai=50hp
                      Aderiamu (snake woman)=60hp
                      Junk=70hp
                      Gyafu=???
                      Kyamiri=70hp
                      Rejiri= 75hp
                      Foless=80hp
                      Tiss=80hp
                      FonFon=80hp
                      Tyamasu=90hp
                      Knight2=100hp
                      Shizuku=110hp
                      Rejiri2=120hp
                      Roozu=130hp
                      Harpy woman= 140hp
                      Gyafu Final= 300hp

Let me know if this looks okay for at least hp levels, Raidy 1 bosses- FonFon= level 1 or 2; Sorceress= level 2 or 3; Tiss= level 3 or 4; Foless= level 4 or 5; Knight Errant= level 5; Cubast= level 6 or 7.

Raidy II bosses- First 6 equals level 6 or 7; Next six equals level 7 or 8, last 6 equal levels 8-10; Gyafu Final equals level 13.
                      Spoiler

Comment

Seems reasonable to me. I expect that if people make it through a floor of a dungeon they'll likely gain a level, unless they avoid combat or get unlucky and stumble upon the boss quickly. The bosses will likely be quite difficult, but they should be (they are bosses after all), and we can cross that bridge when we come to it and make balance adjustments later if necessary.

Comment

ahright. All is left is for me work on the little enemies, the dungeons, traps, and the rest of the outside world.
                          Spoiler

Comment

How about some more weapons? I'm thinking about making a spear girl
                            "Damn damn fuck." - Revy, Black Lagoon.

Comment

What's with all the Japlish names? You got something against the G-Collections translations?
                              De enemies ran roughshod over DeMatt...

Comment

Working...
                              X