Dark Frontier (Game Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dark Frontier (Game Thread)

Caitlin moved the dart away after the psychic took the datapad, hovering it up near the ceiling to give her a wide angle on the events. Odessa left, but she kept the dart where it was, figuring she knew where the woman was headed, and wanting to keep an eye on Bernard.

Less than a minute later, the sounds at the door drew her attention. Getting up and stepping to it quickly, she gave a knock to let Odessa knew she was in the right place. "It's locked. I'm cracking his security, but it will likely take far too long. We need an engineer to get the door open, or the man himself, likely subdued." She called out, raising her voice to be heard through the door, she hoped. "Our engineer was with Jane, from the information I have, he won't be able to help. Do you know where yours is?"
    Spoiler

Comment

Searching through the labs for Sparky - and now her own - escape route, Judith wondered if she'd run into the station's engineer again. That bastard, locking her in here to get eaten up and worse by a Tentak - and worse yet, a Tentak infesting one of her crewmates... She really wanted to blow a hole in him, but even with her training, she wasn't entirely sure if she could bring herself to gun him down, especially if he were unarmed...

Thoughts cut short by a dreadful sound coming from out in the hall, fear and panic shot through Judy as she turned towards it. She scrambled to her feet, dashing as fast as she could to the doorway to close it, a loud, singular "NO" screaming through her psyche.

She'd frozen him! Why was he out?! Why had he turned!? She tugged the gun from her holster - Judy prayed she'd get to the door before whatever that was did, but if she didn't...

Fuck! She wasn't meant for personal combat like this! She'd always planned to be on the ship, with marines, bots, and ship defense systems in-between her and any boarder and Tentak that were threatening them! Why hadn't she thought to ask someone to come with her? Why hadn't she brought one of her robots?!
      Spoiler

ULMF's request thread. Ask for stuff there.
      ULMF's game FAQ. Has info on how to run JP games and ISOs.
      IQDB. Searches for images!
      JDownloader, automates downloads from places like Megauplohwait.
      Hikari are, iza susume!
      Wear Sunscreen.
      >>*The Shoutbox slaps some sense into GargantuaBlarg.*

Comment

Elise should have known better than to try some stupid subtle test in the middle of a possible crisis. As soon as the roar and weapon blasts rang out she cursed herself as a fool as she spun back to face their origin, only to reel in surprise as Athryn came flying towards them. Damn it, what the hell is going on up there?" she shouted as her pistol came up once again.

Almost immediately, upon landing, Athryn spouted out a hurried warning. Her words nearly caused Elise' face to drain in shock. 'Tentaks? Here?!' she thought, having never even considered the possibility of the strange creatures and the danger to her crew. It was at that moment that Jane turned to flee, the sudden motion bringing a swift reaction from the combat trained captain. She lunged for the Vulpar, throwing all her weight into bearing the woman against the station's wall. Athryn's mention of infection meant Elise couldn't take any chances in letting the woman getting away. There was no telling what kind of havoc a Tentak could wreak on the remaining crew members that didn't know about their presence. "Freeze!" she growled, bringing her blast pistol up to the Vulpar's chin. "Talk! NOW!"

Glancing over she saw Weiss disappearing down the corridor while Tammie knelt at Athryn's side. "WEISS! CONFIRM TENTAK! SHOOT TO KILL!" she yelled, knowing that the marine's priority had to be dealing with any threat before anything else. To Tammie, the captain issued a quick question, "Skoveld! Is she alright?" The engineer was certainly not equipped to fight anything like a Tentak, and Elise wasn't expecting her to. She was still a soldier, though. "Get her on her feet, then get back to the lounge and warn the others! Keep away from Tully!"
        Last edited by xivvix; 12th July 2013, 02:07.

Comment

It took all of Odessa's training to be able to maintain concentration without visibly grimacing or otherwise reacting to the terrifying mess that was Dr. Tully's current state of mind. She barely overcame the challenge, and though she might have given away a few facial tics, she at least succeeded in not screaming out like her first instincts told her to. The empath could only guess the reasoning behind all of this, and yet feeling it first-hand in only the way someone with her gift could was simply mortifying.

Though the temptation to yell out a warning to the other two came almost immediately, she opted to communicate as much via telepathy while they remained in her line of sight. "It would take forever for me to describe what's going on in Tully's head, but let's just say he's not in his right mind--at all. Do not let him so much as touch you. I need to get Caitlin out, as I'm sure she has at least some of the answers we're looking for."

"Yes, from earlier," was all that she said to the now suspect doctor. "She said she'd send a datapad my way, and it's already overdue regardless. I'll be right back!"

A rush of relief came over the blonde as she finally separated herself from the scene. Even being that close to the man, whose mind was constantly swirling with disturbing thoughts, sent chills running up and down her spine, and so she was glad to at least be free of the potential threat if only for a few minutes. Still, the feeling was short-lived as concern for Nicolas and Ami lingered. "Once I get Caitlin out from the outside, we can get right back and confront him," she thought to herself as she finally reached her destination.

Those hopes in her chest died out, only to be replaced by a sense of dread, as the door failed to open. She fussed with the manual opening for a few seconds. It was locked. Of course it was! Odessa had failed to expect as much between attempting to figure out what was going on with Tully and relay the most important information back to the other crewmates. "Damn it!" With a fist she pounded on the door several times. "Can you hear me? Okay, good. No idea about Tammie--I think she went to check out a disturbance with Athryn. I can't even send her messages from here... and two of us are still back there with Bernard."

There were so many questions she had for the female researcher, things she could have yelled at her for, but now was not the time. Her thoughts went back to the dinner scene and what it might look like. "It might take me a while to get Tammie over here. I can see about getting her over here though, while I go back for Tully. His mind is... listen, I don't know exactly what kinds of things your team was working on, but it's clear that somebody didn't follow protocol. Can you wait here for just a few minutes longer? I'm worried about the others. If all else fails, we can have him open this door at gunpoint if need be. If he doesn't comply, I can force it."

Unless the researcher had any other ideas or plans of her own, she would then rush back to where she was before. Hopefully the scene hadn't turned into what she feared most by the time she returned.
          Developer of Despair Labyrinth and primary GM of the PbP.

Comment

"Protocol seems to have been thrown out the airlock, the whole station is going crazy." Caitlin agreed through the door, sighing. "Go, make sure none of your team eat anything. If you can force him to open the door, that will work, but be careful. I suspect he's been subject to a Tentak infection, try to avoid contact with the man. I'll keep working at this console, see if I can find a way to be of aid."

She remained at the door to answer any other questions before Odessa left, then went back to the chair herself, planting herself in front of the workstation and starting to type again, working at Bernard's security furiously, sparing a glance every few seconds at the screen showing the feed from the drone's camera, and the security feed following their engineer, watching that situation steadily get worse as well.
            Spoiler

Comment

"Tell me about it," replied the psion in a voice loud enough for the other woman to hear through the door. "I already told them not to touch the food. And as for Dr. Tully, I can confirm your suspicions. I scanned him earlier, and it was... like nothing I had ever felt before. I might not be as educated as you are on the nature of these things, but something is definitely controlling his behavior, dominating his brain for the most part. Alright, well, hang tight," she said reassuringly. Without any further questions for the time being, she hurried back to where the others were about to have dinner.
              Developer of Despair Labyrinth and primary GM of the PbP.

Comment

Working...
              X