What's new

A study in the eldritch (Lunaraia;Pervy;MortalitasBorealis)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Aww dun be sad phoenix-friend, we're gonna find our way to the fire eating thingie. Can I encourage you to fly up and point the way for a seed though?" Fey suggested at the unhappy noises of her phoenix-companion.
Fey didn't quite feel like touching any sludge, nor did she much feel like staying, considering the disheveled look of this part of the town. Infact, she was just about to initiate plan phoenix get-away when someone tapped her from behind.. a pretty colorful feline it seemed, going from blonde to purple.

"Well you're looking out of place. And I'm fairly open about these things usually. And my phoenix doesn't like you.. though I'm not sure if that's a coincidence and a common thing for phoenixes, note to self, show it to Korrie, or if its because you're like.. uhmnn..." She pondered. How did Aya do this...

"A super-dangerous cheshire-cat spirit. Don't try to play with her, she'll .. hmnn.. " She looked at the cat, suspiciously. "Well, either drain energy or do lewd enslavement? I dunno. Anyway! I'm on a great legendary quest to become a Fire-Lord and for that got to find the fire-eating contest before they start without me. I have no time for games.. I mean, unless it's a really awesome game.. of which I am suspicious! Admit your motives to the Super-Phoenix!" She demand-pointed at the feline. Well, she was not one to keep her thoughts to herself, doing the human equivalent of hissing at the cat-girl suspiciously like her fiery companion did. Come to think about it, wasn't there something about catgirls being like... slaves and stuff and not walking around freely here? She had only paid half attention to it because it was useful to tease Kuroi a bit for funtimes. but she was like.. 80% sure that wasn't the usual thing either. She wasn't outright hostile (with her flames continuing to burn mostly decoratively without a better reason) But neither did she seem to out and hug the catgirl and ask her to help find the way.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The two sisters listened sympathetically while the golem responded, unable to do much more than that. While she still wished her sibling would stop risking herself so recklessly, Kuroi still felt glad that things turned out as they did and they rescued Aila from that monster.

"So you don't remember anything, huh... Guess we'll have to wait until the tourny's over, then we can see if Aya can do something to help. She's a really experienced witch, so if there's some way to help you recover your memories or turn you back into a human she probably knows about it." The albino remarked, wishing she could do more to help, though on that note, once this tournament's over she'll have to ask Aya for magic lessons. If that fight had taught her anything it's the need to diversify her arsenal, it won't matter how powerful she is if the enemy's straight-up immune to her own type of magic.

The mood shifted when Aila revealed a helpful ability of hers though. "Ooh, you can do that? That sounds great! Go ahead!" Shiroi grinned, while her sibling thought it over and quickly came to an approving conclusion as well.

"I don't believe there's anything in the rules against that, and more information will always be helpful. Please do what you can then, Aila." The ravenette nodded with a smile, waiting for the golem to work her magic while both siblings watched her keenly to see how this 'glyph magic' will work. [HR][/HR]
Korrie blinked and looked down at her now yolk-free hands. Man, magic is really convenient. She listened to Xia, still feeling a little awestruck by how strong she's become so quickly, and nodded when asked to go for one more flight, taking to the air again. The rate at which she got used to her new strength was remarkable, already getting better at measuring how much strength is needed to dart from one point to another and not overshoot turns, though it'll take quite a lot more experience to hone the finer points down. At least it's unlikely she'll crash into obstacles while trying to fly now, and her overall speed has increased significantly, her conservation of strength even more so.

Finished at last, the wyvern landed back in front of her instructor and gladly accepted the refreshing cup of juice, surprised by the mundanity of the drink. She's grown so accustomed to otherworldly and magical treats that a simple glass of orange juice (even with a bit of potion mixed in) felt even more alien. "Korrie enjoyed your lessons very much! You're one of the best teachers she's ever had, honestly! Korrie'd love to visit again if she can~" She smiled warmly, feeling a great sense of achievement that she finished the course, though also a bit of sadness that it's over. She wasn't just heaping praise to be polite neither, this was one of the most fun and practical classes she's ever taken! It made her wonder what she'd be like if she'd been a native of this place, a fantastical land where she could learn magic and flight instead of having to memorize inane historical trivia or boring mathematics. She probably wouldn't have grown up to be such a neet. Though she probably wouldn't have met Mistress neither...

Once they reached the portal, Korrie waited curiously while Xia retrieved a beautiful pendent for her, admiring its pretty shine. "T-Thank you very much, Miss Xia! And thank you for the lessons again, Korrie hopes we'll meet again~" She beamed once more and waved farewell before heading through the portal with the pendent, still feeling giddy. When was the last time she passed anything with 'flying colors'? This feels great! The anticipation for what the graduation gift will be only made her heart flutter more, as she found herself back in the lobby and headed over to the old man, barely stopping herself from running over like the excited child she's feeling like. "Umm, Korrie finished her flying lessons. Miss Xia said she could trade this for a graduation gift?" She asked, handing the pendent over.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The grinning cat started to laugh excitedly from Fey's behavior "Wow, your even loonier than I am, no small feat I assure you!" she grinned even wider "As for sneaky and suspicious, I am neither, and my game is a simple one, little Feylinely Fey..." The cat pulled out several cards out of nowhere and had them hover in front of Fey "Pick a Card of Fate, but beware and do not hate, Fate's gifts are not for the faint of heart, so think carefully before you start, as each one might be a curse or a blessing" she paused for a moment before starting to laugh again "Sorry couldn't help it, anyway these cards are special and depending on what you get from them good or bad things will happen in your future" she gave another happy laugh as she gave a small jump and leaned back, hovering in mid air as if sitting on an invisible chair or couch, most normal people would have gotten some really strange vibes off of Cheshire's behavior, getting the impression that she was probably far more than what she seemed at a normal glance, which was exactly what the Phoenix was picking up on even as it kept a watchful eye on her, even so it seemed a bit more relaxed than before, even if it was on guard still.

If Fey didn't pick a card Cheshire would simply shrug and the cards would vanish into thin air, and Fey would suddenly get a dizzy-spell before she would find herself standing in front of the fire eating contest as she had wanted, only evidence that she had even met Cheshire would be the fact that someone had scribbled "I am boring" with a marker pen on her forehead and it would not go away until after they departed the city.

If Fey did pick a card they Cheshire would give a delighted grin, then once Fey turned the picture side up to look at it she would be blinded by a purple light, then once her vision cleared she would be alone in the area, the card itself had become a purple tattoo on the palm of her hand in the form of a a spiraling flame, Cheshire herself were gone without a trace leaving Fey and her phoenix alone once more, though suddenly the happy yet now strangely echoing laugh and distant voice of Cheshire could be heard saying "My my, aren't you a lucky one, You got "The Living Flame" card, fitting I suppose, it should be an interesting one for you at any rate, as for what it does, I could tell you but it would be more fun for you to learn the hard way" Cheshire's voice died away with an echoing and ever more distant laugh, once alone once more Fey would be able to notice another alley she hadn't before leading out of there and upon following it she would find herself at the fire eating contest like she had been intending all along, though she probably wouldn't notice the alleyway disappearing behind her, or the two eyes and grinning mouth that faded in for a second before disappearing along with it.

______

The Golem turned towards the table and put her hand on one of the symbols "It's not like they were trying to hide the information in the first place, it's just that they wrote the instructions here on the table using old runes, which is a common writing way here in the Dreamlands, but in the waking world... not so much from what I hear" the symbol started to give off a soft pale blue glow and a list popped up, still written in the same runic language "Let's see... your next opponents are... Uldar and Dulgar, they are twins just like you are, one is a Rune smith, and the other is a Stoneshaper, that could be bad, Rune Smiths are experts in defensive and support magic while Stoneshapers do what it sounds like, they manipulate stone and dirt, here is a short replay with highlights from their last battle" Aila touched another rune and a small ball appeared in the middle of the room showing the arena that Shiroi and Kuroi had been in, in the arena a pair of Dwarves, both with red beards long enough to go past their belts, well made armors that, by the looks of it were made to withstand magical attacks, considering one of the Dwarves had just taken a bolt of lightning to the chest and was in the process of getting back on his feet, and while there was no sound it was a pretty easy guess that he was cursing up a storm as he did, his identical twin lifted his hammer over his head and slammed it into the ground, causing the entire screen to shake from a localized earthquake as stone and rock exploded up from the ground violently before it rained down on and pummeled their opponents, an Elf and a Cat both of which seemed quite desperate about their position.

The 2nd Dwarf lifted his own hammer, this one covered in Dwarven runes, as he brought it down one of the runes flared to life and his armor as well as that of his brother gave of a lime-green glow that seemed to distort the air around them, the few nicks and bruises they had started to close immediately as the effect was revealed to be healing magic, the picture closed off "Faced with such a combination of offense and defense their opponents conceded the match shortly after this, also you should know that Rune Magic can be used not only in way of support bu can also be placed in glyphs on the ground as a form of trap or ward that will either harm or hinder those who trigger them" There was a knock on the door and an official poked his head inside "Monochrome Sisters, please follow me, your next match is about to begin" The official pulled back and waited for the sisters to follow him back to the arena for their next match.

_____

The old man smiled as he took the medallion and looked down at it, then he paused an took a double take and stared at it for a good 10 seconds before he shook his head "Excuse me miss, I thought my eyes were deceiving me, I think this is the first time Xia has ever given someone a GOLD rank graduation medallion, just one moment..." He stood up and disappeared out the door then returned a moment later with a small bracelet looking thing which he handed to Korrie "This Tail Bracelet is the Gold Graduation gift, it's a rather useful little item I am sure you will appreciate called the "Flightmasters Bracelet, it helps you when flying by giving you a much higher reaction speed as well as an innate ability to calculate distance vs speed for maneuverability, perfect for showing off to your friends by diving full speed towards the ground then pulling out of the dive mere inches from hitting the dirt and such, of course this will also aid in overall flight ability, but you get my point" Korrie would find that the bracelet would easily glide up her tail once she put it on, then once it reached a place her it fir snugly it would simply refuse to budge "The Bracelet can only be removed by willing it to let go, that way you won't accidentally drop it, this effect is even able to withstand anti magic fields, so no need to worry about losing it" The old dragon chuckled a bit and gave Korrie a rub on the head like an old grandfather rewarding a particularly nice grandchild "You must really have impressed Xia if she decided to get you that for your graduation present, hmm... just a moment" The dragon gently took Korrie's left hand and pressed his hand on top of her palm, causing a smll pinprick feeling on it, then as he released her she would be able to see a small dragon wing on the back of it "That is an open invitation to the conclave, the portal is always open for you even when it would be closed to others, the least I can do to show my appreciation for witnessing this miracle" He gave a jolly laugh as he followed Korrie over to the portal "Any specific place in Ulthar you want me to drop you off?" he asked as he gestured to the portal, clearly offering Korrie a lift to wherever she wanted to go.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fey seemed to be pondering. "The ultra phoenix it not lonely at all. I got this phoenix, also we're in the dreams of my owner. I .. think..." Also, changing her titles regularly. She did peek at the cards curiously, then waved her hand dismissively. "Did that one already, drew some fire a boring rose and a star. Korrie didn't want to trade with me. bleh." She shrugged. "I tried but the cards seem to always end up the same, tempting as it is." She nodded and watched the hovering, looking at the cards. Well, she could try- Card reading was kinda fun, even if she didn't get the cryptic bits. was it about pancakes or not??

Fey actually seemed to not mind the aerial-sitting as much as well, most people would. She could use a lighter to throw fireballs and the things she had seen recently left her even more open minded in the end. So with a hesitant shrug she reached out to try one of the card, trying to remember what her first card with Aya had been.. something fiery she recalled.. "Huh, purple card, thats not what I had before pretty sure.." Fey blinked in slightly suspicious suprise at the energetic feline. "Oh, fire tatoo.. I mean, neat, not sure on the color but.. uh.. hey where are you? huh.." She mused, looking about confused at the speaking, yet absent feline, shrugging and rubbing the tatoo with a half raised brow. Well.. it didn't look too bad..

"Well, that was pretty weird, but oh well, time to win that contest phoenixy!" She enthused, petting her phoenix-companion and approaching, looking at the contest.. and for someone in charge.. She actually had little idea -how- this whole thing worked. Despite claiming the contrary to anyone asking, she actually wasn't all that confident she could do it, having never -tried- eating fire. Fiery food? Certainly! At the very least the contest might be interesting.
If she found a properly in charge looking person she'd wander up to them and introduce herself: "Hello! I'm Fey, I'm curious on the rules for the contest, are there any prices? Also, random sidenote, seen any purple kitties about here?"

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Both sisters observed carefully while Aila showed them their next opponents' previous battle. At least this pair seems to be mentally sane, Shiroi thought to herself, though it's not going to be an easy fight. Hopefully they won't have some kind of nullification tool too... But other than that, she's already formulated a basic strategy on how best to handle the two dwarves, while her sibling tried to think of what enchantments would best work against these foes. Unfortunately, as soon as the vision ended the official came to fetch them for the fight, so they didn't have much time to discuss their plans.

"We'll see you in a bit, Aila. Please wish us luck!" Kuroi waved a quick good bye to the golem while she and her sister left the room to return to the arena. It's a good thing Aila can't get bored, though she can probably watch the match from that viewing orb. It was more important that they discuss their plans now though, as she leaned in closer to whisper with Shiroi for a quick strategy meeting on their way to the fight. "Have you come up with something?"

"Not much but the basics, since we're fighting an earthbend- stoneshaper, staying off the ground should help a lot, I have my wings and you can make a hoverboard like back at the bridge. Aside from that, general rpg protocol, get the healer first. Came up with anything yourself?"

"Somewhat. They seem tough but slow, a direct bombardment will be inefficient. If I can get close though I might be able to stick some cloth with a disabling script on them and bypass the armor."

"Sounds good! Let's hope this works out."

As soon as they finished their planning they reached the arena again, walking out back upon the crowds' eyes, making the catgirl uneasy again, her ears folding down while she tried to ignore all the eyes on her. Shiroi was once again fully focused on her opponents, until she heard her sister again.

"One more thing." "Hmm?" "No more bets." "Heh, I don't think you'll have to worry about that this time."

Soon as the fight starts, Shiroi immediately slams both palms to the ground, forming a domed barrier around the duo and pumping magic into the surrounding earth in the hopes of cutting off the stoneshaper's influence over the protected area, giving them some time to prepare. While wings sprout from her back once more, back to its wispier and less defined form, hard-light surfaces appear for Kuroi to quickly draw her hover disk and apply the necessary scripts, 'sticky' and 'thought-controlled hoverboard', and after that, a simple piece of fabric, with the scripts 'sticky' and 'induce sleep'. Shiroi's wings also launch a few javelins at the dwarves to help keep them occupied during the somewhat lengthy preparations. A costly start energy-wise, but necessary, as once they lose the barrier the stoneshaper likely won't give Kuroi a chance to draw anymore.
[HR][/HR]
Korrie watched a little confusedly while the old man inspected the medallion. Is something wrong? Maybe Xia gave her the wrong medallion by accident? When the reason for his confusion was revealed though, the wyvern's jaw dropped. There's ranks for the medallions? And she got a GOLD? And it's never been given before?! Her mind blanked for a moment as she too had to take a moment to comprehend what she accomplished. She was still a bit dazed when she accepted the bracelet, listening to the explanation on its properties while she curled her tail around to slide it on, admiring its prettiness. She loved sparkly jewellery afterall, and this is practical sparkly jewellery that she genuinely earned, which makes it even better! Joy soared within her until she started to feel a bit faint while the old man patted her head, watching and wincing a little while the mark was placed on the back of her hand. "T-Thank you very much, sir!" She said, the most she could manage without making a fool of herself at this point, the elation was making her feel all light-headed. She wasn't used to all this praise and achievement!

As they returned to the portal and she tried to think of where to go next though, she remembered a little something. "Umm, actually, Korrie remembers reading from the pamphlet that there's an exhibit here too? For dragon relics and the like. Oh, and a 'gaming' tournament of some sort? Korrie would like to take a look there if possible, especially the tournament." She asked, though if she misread or those attractions aren't open she'll ask to be dropped off at wherever the fire-eating contest is being held. She's not looking to enter of course, her fire-eating abilities are limited to regular fire and not eldritch magic fire that the contest will very likely involve, but it'd be cool to check on her sister-pet anyway.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The judge of the contest, a rather friendly looking fellow with a beer belly and a jovial, if somewhat confused expression slowly blinked at Fey for a few moments, his thick firey red mustache flipping back and forth a few times before he shook his head to snap himself out of the stupor that Fey's strange way of talking had momentarily lulled him into "huh? Purple cats? wha are you- oh never mind, err... the contest, right! Sorry got a bit distracted for a moment, well the contest is simple enough follow me and I will explain how it works" he waved Fey after him with a somewhat bewildered expression, clearly having no clue what Fey meant about purple cats, as he showed her to the stage where a large bonfire were burning brightly, another contestant were already up there, as they approached the Judge handed Fey a glove "Participants are to wear this for the duration of the contest, the reason will become obvious once you see the current participant" Up on stage the contestant were wearing a similar glove and, using it he scooped up a handful of flame from the big bonfire, the flame crystallized almost immediately and without hesitation the man started to bite into the crystallized flames with a sound alot like that of dry crackers, and aside from the smoke rising from his mouth as he ate that might have actually been the case "We had some... accidents last year with this contest so now everyone are required to use a Flame Crystallizer to eat the fire, to prevent disputes about who ate the most but also to prevent another "Food Fight" where half the square gets set ablaze, not every spectator is fireproof, after all, the rules themselves are simple, use the glove to coop up a handful of flames, the flames crystallize into a crystal with a weight and size that is the same for everyone, the one who has eaten the most crystals without either getting stuffed or catching fire wins, word of warning though, those crystals are more filling than it seems" As he spoke the contestant on stage a rather thin man with a reddish tint to his skin and a turban on his head had finished the crystal and was about to reach for another when he suddenly made a hiccup and made a terrified expression as smoke started to come out of his ears "Oh and don't eat to fast or that will happen" the judge gave a good natured snicker as the contestant gave a mighty burp that had him spit a stream of fire over the crowd before he staggered off stage "Murmandi Afrazahn manages 2 crystals before having to call it quits, next contestant please" One of the other judges said calmly even as Murmandi sprinted over to a water barrel and dunked his head in surfacing a bit later with water vapor and a bit of smoke still raising from his head as he staggered over to a row of eats where those who had finished their turn were waiting. "Let's get you registered so you can take your turn little lady, oh and one more thing, no fire magic on stage, it will result in an instant disqualification" He led Fey over to the bench where the other official were sitting, a bipedal lizard with red scales and flames burning on it's joints, it looked up at Fey and gave a smile "Ah another contestant, how delightful, please fill out this form and once you are done you can simply wait for the current contestant to finish before you can take your turn" the voice was hoarse but somewhat feminine, even as the lizard person handed Fey her form, it was a simple thing, liability waiver to make sure the contest holders could not be held responsible for any damage Fey would take for participating in a clearly dangerous contest such as this.

(Roll a six sided die and add +1 to determine how many crystals Fey can eat before she get stuffed/starts spewing fire everywhere)

_______

The moment the barrier went up the dwarf with the runed hammer immediately slammed it home against it, Shiroi would be able to feel the magic of the runes inscribed on the hammer starting to eat away at the barrier before the Dwarf pulled back and whispered something in a strange grumbling language, most likely dwarwish, one of the runes flared to life and he gave the barrier another whack, this time causing a visible ripple in it as whatever enchantment he had enacted started to rip through the barrier in an effort to tear it apart, meanwhile the other one started with simply closing his eyes for am omen, before slamming the top of his warhammer into the ground, the effect was immediate as the energies under the barrier started to act in an agitated manner as the dwarf tried to alter the way the ground under the twins behaved, though nothing else seemed to happen, the Stoneshaper, Dulgar, the twins would realize from the announcers comments gave a chuckle "Smart idea lass, though it won't stop me" He slammed the hammer down once more then another time, then a third and as he did, the energies underneath the barrier started to get undermined, not by the energies of the dwarf, but simply because the ground underneath them were starting to slowly but surely slope downwards as the dwarf started to work his magic on the ground bellow the influence of Shiroi's magic, before an ominous rumbling started to be heard underneath the barrier "Fair warnin' Brother, ye might wanna step back a bit" Uldar looked over at his brother, then down on the ground, then backed off from the barrier with an unreadable expression, but with a twinkle in his eyes, clearly this was something that the two had done before.

_______

The bespectacled old man looked at Korrie for a moment then smiled even wider, "Of course young lady, this way to the exhibition, as for the gaming tournament, it should not take place for a while yet, so take your time and enjoy yourself in there, though mind you, do not touch the exhibitions, wards protect them and if you touch the wrong one you can wind up joining the displays... permanently" His expression was friendly, but something in his eyes told Korrie that this was far from a joke as he veered off from the exit portal and over to another smaller portal, this one with a rather friendly yellow color, as Korrie stepped through she would be greeted by another woman, this one seemed to be about the same age as Korrie herself, dressed in a black and purple dress with a small but nice looking black satin cloak over her shoulders, she too wore glasses and bright golden eyes looked at Korrie from behind them, her brown hair was short, and freckles covered her face as she smiled up at Korrie "Hello, I am Medea, pleased to make your acquaintance, I will be your guide this evening, I do hope that you will enjoy your trip" She gave Korrie a respectful and small bow as she opened a book she had been clutching "Lets see.. Korrie, was it? please sign here" she turned the book around allowing Korrie to see it was a sign in for a guest list, probably to make sure that if someone somehow managed to make off with a display item they could track the person down, Korrie's name were displayed on top of an empty page with a line behind it marked Guest Signature, once Korrie had signed it, which was as simply as simply putting a claw to the line and her handwriting would show up on it's own, Medea would close the book and mage a gesture for Korrie to follow her into the main lobby of the area she was now in, a large marble hall with grand statues in several different materials, varying from granite to one that had to be made of either glass or diamonds by how beautifully it sparkled from the floating torches overhead, there were several signs at the entrance, one pointing to the Historic part, another to Technology another to Mythology and a final one to Artifacts, there were also other signs but they were illegible for Korrie as they were written in different languages "So, where do you wish to go first?" Medea asked as she waited patiently for Korrie to make up her mind.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I've seen a purple cat in the ally earlier, which.. now.. that I say it out loud again kind of sounds like I've been doing the drugs, for your interest, I have not, anything my body recognizes as poison-stuff I need lots of to actually work on me, bit of a shame sometimes. Anyway!" Fey enthused, unnoticing or uncaring of the confusion she created in her listener, bouncing after the cheerful man, raising her eyebrows at the glove. She didn't need a glove to touch fire obviously. Not anymore thanks to the awesome necklace!

"But .. but.. food fight sounds fun.." Fey sulked, now that the idea was implanted in her head. "Oh, right. No burning the cheerleaders.. but eating a crystal seems like quarter the fun tops.." She mused. "Ooooh!" Fey made, looking as if she -wanted- to eat too fast now. "So, side question, if I do the fire-burping I'm not automatically disqualified, only if I can't eat any more afterwards, right?" She grinned. "I guess they de-crystalize when you nom them up. Well I never did this buuut.. heh. I'll try to contain my fire-stuff. It's kind of an innate response sometimes..

Oh hello miss Salamandre, I'm the next contestant!"
As far as all creatures of fire went, Fey knew about as much as Aya, if not more, though her knowledge was limited to what humans had come up with over the years so potentially superstitious.
"My phoenix can come along and cheer me yes? Promising not to feed it any crystals.. huh now I wonder if I can take one of those crystals along.." Fey mused, signing, not as Korrie might have teased her with an X, but with her full name, if in slightly bad handwriting, though she also made sure to add 'Phoenix-pet' as her title/occupation if one were to be given.

(Let's roll the online dice of destiny! .. Roll(1d6)+1: 3,+1 Total:4)

Fey, after her registration, hopped up to take her place, and happily shoveled a gem in her mouth, munching on it. "Hey this tastes awesome!" A bit too quickly she reached for another, smoking ever so slightly from her mouth as she reached to cup a third. "Fiery flavor. This is like a nine out of ten, though the yoghurt-peppers are oddly more fiery. Either way, really yummy. Whats the calories in fire, shouldn't fire burn calories as an exothermic process, I'd eat this stuff like cotton candy normally." She enthused, munching down on a third. "Woah, these are filling. Yum yum. Are there such things as gourmet-fires? I imagine having different fire-sources, perhaps some flavouring, I mean this is the equivalent of fire-fastfood isn't it, now I wanna try pinewood-fire. Alway liked pine-trees. Oh. I could eat the roast of a roast beef and see if you can taste the moo moo in the fires?" She pondered, reaching for a fourth and patting her tummy, though her eating did slow down with the munching of the fourth crystal, a rather healthy and slightly fiery burp escaping her as she lay back, patting her tummy and eyeing the fire thoughtfully, half reaching out for it again but then just making bleh-noises, patting her tummy and refusing to get up for a few moments. "Bleh.. stay away from my tummy.." She adviced anyone that got close to her, wobblingly proceeding herself to the seats, deciding this was quite a good result for her first speed-eating contest. She was about average in weight and certainly smaller than the average male contestant, excluding her flames and ... larger than life personality. Interestingly, the flames covering her did so a little less as she placed herself into the nearest contestant seat, rolling in lazy waves rather than in wild flames.. perhaps someone observing her close enough for long enough a time would be able to tell her general mood just from her flames.

Last edited:

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Putting her all into maintaining the barrier, Shiroi could feel her energy draining at an alarming rate, gritting her teeth while she pumped out more and more mana to keep their opponents from breaching, making the occasional energy lance pierce out from the barrier or the ground to delay the rune smith as much as she could. "Sis, done yet? I can't keep this up forever!" She looked back towards her sibling, who had just finished the hover disc and was frantically working on the sleep charm.

"Just a bit more...!" The ravenette replied, voice strained. Suddenly the ground began to rumble, and the albino quickly guessed what the stoneshaper was trying to do.
"Hurry! The floor's caving in!"
"DONE!"

As soon as she said so, Kuroi hopped on the hover disc, pocketing the piece of enchanted cloth while Shiroi let the barrier collapse, flying up into the air with her sibling mere seconds before the ground collapsed. Conjuring a hard-light lance, Shiroi tossed it over to her sibling so she'd have something to defend herself with. It'll need her to consciously maintain it, but just the lance alone won't be too draining, and it should last unless it takes a bad hit or Shiroi herself falls unconscious.

From here, it was their turn to go on the offensive.

"That was an impressive opening! Now let me return the favor!" The albino grinned as she took aim at Uldar and opened fire, a rain of energy lances launching out of her wings towards him. Each was individually weak and tankable with sturdy armor like his, but it would still hopefully disrupt him from setting up any rune defenses, barring any that he already has on his person and only needs to say the spell to activate. They were but a distraction while she charges a full-powered Gae Bulga into her hand to fire at him a few seconds later after getting a hang of his movement speed should things go to plan, aiming just a little bit off him in Dulgar's direction to make him dodge away from his brother, the spear of light exploding violently on impact. THAT too would be but a distraction, aiming to occupy his attention and control his movement so Kuroi can swoop in and slap the enchanted cloth onto him, activating the 'sticky' and 'induce sleep' scripts and take him out early.

The biggest potential wrench in their plans would be Dulgar of course, who they know can still manipulate earth to hit them in the air, whether it be causing chunks of ground to fly up into the air or turn the terrain into a mess of giant spikes and hazards, which was why both siblings would make sure to keep constantly moving during their assault and keep an eye on their surroundings. Their focus was still to keep Uldar away from his brother and take him out as soon as possible though. The faster they do so, the less time he has to set up new rune traps or adapt to their abilities, and the less time Dulgar has to exert his influence over the arena. Shock and awe, as they say.

Still, that is only the best case scenario. It'd be more surprising for it to go right than for something unexpected to get in their way...
[HR][/HR]"Thanks for the warning, Korrie'll make sure to be careful..." Korrie smiled, though it looked just a wee bit forced. Aya did say that dragon's are very protective of their belongings... Oh well, not touching the exhibits is a normal thing anyway, she'll be fine! Yes, she'll be fine... The wyvern girl reassured herself while she entered the yellow portal, emerging into the museum where she was greeted by the guide, a surprisingly young one, at least physically. "Nice to meet you Medea, Korrie's name is Korrie." She greeted with her own polite little bow, and examined the guest book curiously. Her name was already on it... Kind of cool, though also kind of creepy. She'd look for a pen at first, though once told what to do she'd simply lay a claw gently on the line and watched in awe while the signature wrote itself.

Following Medea into the main lobby, the wyvern girl marveled at the various statues, though especially the ones made from precious material, like the diamond one. Still unnaturally attracted to sparkly, precious objects, it took a certain amount of effort not to reach out and gently slide a finger over the smooth flickering surfaces, looking away and doing her best not to let it stay in her view for long again. At least she didn't start drooling...

Focusing on the signs ahead instead, she considered which exhibits she'd want to check out. While the history of dragons would be one of the few kinds of history that would actually be interesting, it's still history... She'll leave that one for last if at all. "Hmm... Korrie'd like to see the technology exhibit first, please." She finally decided. That should be pretty cool!

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As Fey stumbled of the stage there were quite a bit of applause coming her way both from the other contestants and the audience, clearly 4 pieces of crystallized flame where pretty decent result overall, the officials waited a bit before they headed onto stage "Our contestants have all had their first turn at the bonfire and those moving along to the 2nd round have been selected, currently in first place and the first to move on, with an incredible 7 pieces eaten is Rarthus the Scorched!" there was a rumble over to Fey's right as a giant of a man rose from his seat while the crowd eagerly applauded, with a long beard and hair of flames, full plate mail of some dark metal and a satisfied grin that showed off teeth that was literally glowing with heat, a Fire Giant if there ever was one seeing as he towered above everyone else there, he slowly lombered past the other contestants and walked up on stage to stand beside the MC.

"In current 2nd place is Tilly Fleetfoot, teacher at the Magic academy and Pyromancer Extraordinaire, with an impressive showing of 6 and a half pieces, give her a big hand everyone" An incredibly short woman hopped down from her seat on the row behind Fey as the croud applauded once more, she had an old wizened face, glasses and grey hair tied up in a bun and kept in check by numerous hair pins, she had a calm expression with a grandmother like smile across her face as she strode forth, yet her eyes were crystal clear, belying quite an intelligent mind at work behind them, by her stature it was likely she was either a Hobbit or Gnome of some sort.

"In shared third place, both managing to down 5 pieces before collapsing on stage are Furitha Tulmai and Peter Simpson, you know the drill everyone, give them a big hand!" Wether Fey noticed that the last name was more fitting someone living in the waking world and not in the Dreamlands were anyones guess, but even so a pair of people rose from their seats, one, undoubtedly Furitha, were tall and impossibly pale, wearing a white dress and with a strangely serene expression as she walked past to join the others, her long flowing silver grey hair cascading behind her as she walked right past Fey, in comparison the scrawny man hurrying along behind her were remarkably dull, short bowl cut, thick glasses, impeccable business suit, he could be a door to door salesman in pretty much any town aside from the fact that he apperantly had managed to eat more fire than Fey had.

"And the final person to move on to the 2nd round is a latecomer and first timer in this contest, scoring an impressive 4 pieces for a first time showing everyone please give a warm applause for Feyline F. Feyling!" There would be more applause as Fey rose from her seat to join the other contestants and several of the other contestants would give her a pat on the back or a thumbs up as she passed them. "Now everyone as you know each year we do something a bit special and unique for the 2nd round of the fire eating contest, and this year is no different, now we were originally planning to have you all chug some lava, but realized that wile you all might be fireproof only a few can withstand consuming lava in such a fashion, so instead we got these!" Fey would probably think she had died and gone to heaven as a trolley with 5 large treys were, very carefully, brought up in front of the quintet and the lid slowly raised to reveal what the contestants where eating next.

The reactions from the other contestants were mixed, Furitha took a step back, clearly not comfortable being so close to what they were supposed to eat, Peter tiled his head and looked like he wanted to poke it to see if it would do something, Tilly took a deep breath and Rarthus started to laugh a nervous laugh "Ladies and gentlemen, what you are looking at is something far more than mere hot food, the thing lying so innocently on those treys are the hottest food known to mortals and the contestant able to eat the most will win, as for what they are eating..." Fey would not even need to wait as the man took a dramatic pause, she had already tasted what was piled up on her trey "Yoggoth Peppers!" The entire crowd immediately took a few steps back from the contestants, clearly not wishing to be anywhere near the fiery conflagration that was about to happen. "Contestants... you can start whenever however you only have one hour, if it is too hot for you our barrel of endless ice water over where will help to cool you down in no time... now without further ado... BEGIN!"

(I am letting you determine how many Fey can eat before she can't take it anymore, your character after all, just... don't incinerate the crowd... or the competition ETC XD)

___

While the Siblings' plan were sound on paper, putting it into action would quickly prove to be a bit more problematic than intended, the first distraction volley all hit home, the dwarf didn't even bother to dodge as they all hit his armor and simply shattered, their energies forcibly dissipated into the area around him while he calmly brought his hammer up and said a single word, before he brought the hammer crashing down on the ground, causing a rune to erupt around his feet, just in time to as the Gae Bulga crashed home revealing the rune to be a force field of sorts too "Well now, brother, quite da spirited duo we're up 'gainst this time ain't it?" "Aye, well let's sho' 'em what ye can do then, shall we?" Dulgar nodded and once again started to slam his hammer into the ground in a rhythm, a rhythm that was answered somewhere deep bellow as the ground started to tremble and something long and big snaked out of the ground where the sinkhole had appeared, it looked over at Uldar and Dulgar, then at the twins, a set of 8 black spheres peering at them from all around the massive things mouth "Firemaw, fetch!" The thing let out an ear piercing roar that sent molten stone from it's mouth onto the ground then lunged for the twins, missing them by a mere inch as it thundered past, then dug into the ground before erupting for another near miss attack, this time actually touching the albino's wings, a smell of brimstone and burnt stone following it's close attack.

"How ye like ma little pet Hellion? Funny thing bout them rules, summoning is actually perfectly legal, sure you get more backup, which is frowned upon for a pretty duel of equals, but it's still magic and me and me Brother ain't gonna sit around and let daisy details as fairness stop us from winnin' that's for sure" While the Hellion burrowed once more Uldar was not idle either as he was making his own preparations, whispering a chant in dwarwish that had several of the runes on his hammer start to glow, if the twins were to stop whatever he was planning they would have to act fast, no easy feat with Dulgar's "pet" hot on their tails.

___

Medea nodded and gestured for Korrie to follow "The technology displayed in this place is mostly ancient technology we haven't used in a very long time, as well as some technological pieces from other realities like the waking world you are from" she explained as she entered a small hallway that opened to a rather large hall, all around the hall were strange contraptions with plaques written in a stylish and strange language that seemed to twist and changed as Korrie tried to read it, until she would find written English on the plaques "One of the most important inventions of Dragon-kind, omni-linguistic writing is proudly displayed on our signs and plaques, take your time and try to read them and you will find that they will turn into whatever language you are most familiar with, as for what is in this display over here" Medea gestured over to a rather large strange machine that seemed to hum with power yet simultaneously did not make a sound "This is an early version of a Mana Generator, it uses the flow of mana to produce power, the best part about this is that it does only use ambient mana to do so so there is no alteration to change int he mana where it is used, effectively it's infinite clean energy, or so was the theory behind it, it does work as theorized, but only on a small scale, it was later discovered that several of these in close proximity actually caused the ambient mana to become unstable, though stopping their use allowed the mana to stabilize again and it was shelved for more study" Medea paused to let Korrie look at the strange contraption, it was cylindrical in appearance with rainbow colored light shining across it's surface and into the floor of the building, if Korrie asked Medea about it she would get a confirmation that it was indeed powering the conclave as part of the exhibit and was the only one within miles as to ensure safe use, once Korrie had had her fill with it Medea would simply gesture for Korrie to take a look at the hall itself and mention it if there were anything of particular interest she wanted to know more about.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fey was busy pat-patting her tummy a little more, peering over to her competition.. a fire-giant, literally on fire.. that had to be cheating somehow! .. then again, the next contestant was.. well, tiny! There had to have been a trick to her eating two more crystals than Fey and not feeling like she was about to pop...
Fey watched the other two contestants curiously. Mysterious magical woman.. no suprise. But the business-man was.. well, oddly normal, with Fey smiling and scratching the back of her head, actually a bit emberassed at all the attention.. and encouragement from her competitors, though as usual her emberassment didn't last long, and she posed a little, flames cascading up her arm as she pointed to the sky with an inborn flair for the dramatical.

Then, when the trolley was pulled forth, Fey tilted her head first.. only to rub her hands giddily. "Ihihii oooh!" Fey grinned brightly, informing her phoenix-friend: "See, this is what we call Karma. You do good and good stuff happens to you in turn. Doon't mind if I do!" This was just a matter of Quality vs Quantity in a way. With Fey, by nature a conoisseur of hot food, hopping over to grab a pepper, munching down on it with little hesitation, cursing out an enthusiastic: "Oh damn thats hooot.. hot hot hooot!" The fires making up her 'clothes' burning up higher (though nowhere as extreme as the very first pepper she had gotten from Christine) with her exhaling heavily and musing to one of her fellow contestants: "It's not about fighting the burn but accepting it, being one with it.. hooh these things are the best!" She reached out for another, twirling it around. "You know, hotness of spicy food is measured in.. hapfeww.. the scorville scale, long story short, been nomming myself up all the way through that, hottest thing is a pure chemical that directly stimulates your heat receptors, can actually poison you, I guess fire is kinda like it but.." She burped a little flame and began munching on her second pepper, moaning ever so slightly. "This taste is like the beeest. It's like I'm burning up from the inside, which is all I wanna do. You know, Phoenix stuff, burn up, rise from the ashes, party with haaaah hot hot hot fire." Fey munched the peppers with an almost more lustful than hungry expression by now, musing. "Haaahmnn.. this price is awesome." She cheered at the judge, again, in her own way knowledgable and misunderstanding simple things. "Though I dun get it, I'm fourth place yet I got as many of those peppers as everyone else." She pondered, stuffing one of the peppers into her poket. "Wait hold on, those peppers aren't the price, are they?" She pondered, exhaling little flames and staring at her half eaten second pepper. "Oooh it's still part of the competition, gotta eat 'em to become a firelord!" She determined, quickly gulping down the second one with a regretful look. "Well, in haaah.. hothothothohot.. one hour I guess I can savour them..." Fey grinned, continuing to munch on her peppers, adding a third and fourth, now that it wasn't about large quantities of food anymore, the heat alone she could take. Infact, in the real world, Korrie might be grateful for the chair of her own, as Fey happily smiled and drooled all over her pillow.
"Haaah... this is .. the best.." The Phoenix-girl moaned out, her fires actually having settled down, though also changed color from a yellow-red to an almost white-tone, obviously the stage of such a contest was fire-proof, though after the fifth pepper Feyline radiated an aura of heat from her flames, the barrel beginning to slowly steam up as it evaporated, the lips of those closest to Fey suddenly feeling dry as Fey's heat evaporated all nearby moisture in the air, Fey picking up a sixth pepper and.. albeit hidden behind tabel and tray, her other hand wandered between her legs, playing with herself, gasping a little at the heated juices of the unnatural pepper indirectly touching her sex while she suckled on the sixth pepper, panting a little and complaining, muffledly: "Hmnaaamnnn I dun like hamnnn not being able to haaah.. take my time to savour these.." She panted, suckling on her pepper before falling over backwards, with a blissful expression. Though, a short moment after, her hand came up, trying to snatch another pepper, from a competitors plate if hers was running empty slowly. "Just let me die here.. I'm ok with this." She informed anyone checking on her as she panted, almost as if drunk, hiding a second pepper for herself, before explaining, either to the phoenix, or anyone close enough that wanted to listen. "I can see it all so clearly now.. we're part of a bigger whole. We don't control fire, fire is aaaall around us. It's just that the brighter we burn.. *hic..*" She suckled on another pepper. "The faster we burn out.. Thats what Fire-grandpa was trying to say." Fey lifted her hand, the flames on it extinguishing as she looked at it. "My hand is still on fire, if you think about it. Everyone is on fire. .. except ice elementals, but they nasty yo." Fey pulled her hand towards her face and removed it again, her flames calming down into a harmless, pleasant plum of phoenix-feathers once more. "Think about it.." She mused, reaching for another pepper. "Fire is warmth, warmth is life. If you're alive you're part on fire, burning throughout your life, sustaining yourself with *hic* food like these awesome peppers. To control the fire around us we have to first learn to control the fire within... Have you thought about that?" Fey apparently had reached a state of fiery Zen from the overconsumption of heated treats. That, or she was high off her butt. Perhaps both.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The plan was quickly falling apart right from the start, as both the distraction barrage and the Gae Bulga both failed to do anything. Shiroi was starting to feel quite peeved (and embarrassed) having overestimated her own power or underestimated the enemy. And now there's another forcefield around Uldar, grreeaatt...

Soon after Shiroi tried to change targets and charge up another Gae Bulga against the stoneshaper, and Kuroi started applying a 'shatters barriers' script to her light lance, something that did not just sound like the earth shifting made the sisters look back towards the sinkhole where they started; their jaws promptly dropped. "Wha- I-Is that a friggin' Sandworm?!" Shiroi gaped, before both she and Kuroi frantically got out of the way of the lunging behemoth. The more timid ravenette was starting to panic again, and the albino had to rush to her side to calm her down, narrowly avoiding another attack. There is no way she can focus on an assault like this! Ugh, why can't she have her own giant monster on her side?

...Huh, now that's an interesting thought.

"Sis, calm down! I have a plan!" Shiroi managed to dart over to her sibling, quickly whispering something before both of them scattered again. While Kuroi just seemed to focus on staying out of the way, Shiroi's wings started growing brighter and more sparkly, hopefully attracting attention away from her sister and to her instead. She's hoping the colorful energy is what attracted the Hellion to target her from the start instead of it attacking randomly. Generating a spear of light of her own, the albino rushed down and tried to stab at Uldar, her weapon of course simply clashing off of the force field ineffectively while the light and energy grew even more intense, almost completely enveloping them both from view...

Then once the monster breaches again, hopefully targeting her like she wants, she uses the energy charged up in her wings to boost away at the last second, hopefully causing the monster to smash into Uldar instead, who it wouldn't see until it's too late thanks to the light. Even if the force field somehow survives, Kuroi still has her enchanted lance. All they need is an opening for Kuroi to attack and stick on the sleep charm, and if a giant friggin' sandworm barreling towards the dwarf can't make one she doesn't know what will.
[HR][/HR]
Korrie followed her guide into the technology section, looking around with curious wonderment. The very first plaque was enough to catch her attention, as the cool-looking but incomprehensible letters seemed to move and writhe with a life of their own until they formed into familiar english words. This feels like something that's a lot more magic than technology, but eh, semantics. "Writing like this would really be useful out in the waking world. Or anywhere, actually." The wyvern remarked, not wanting to be too quiet, and looked towards the indicated machine. It was beautiful with the rainbow light it gave off, and it felt like it was active. She asked as much, wondering if it's actually turned on or if she's just imagining things, and got her answer. Only one allowed within several miles... Well, it'd be perfect for a hermit living in the middle of nowhere she guessed.

Fascinating as the mana generator was, there were still other fancy technology to examine, and Korrie wandered the area looking for anything that interested her, which was... everything, actually, she didn't know where to start! Ultimately though, her eyes fell on and stayed glued to what would be the sparkliest, most gaudy-looking exhibit in the room, shuffling over a little unsteadily to see what it was all about. (Or just the weirdest-looking contraption if there's nothing that really triggers her treasure-lust.)

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The other contestants would not for the most part not even get anywhere near Fey's amount of 7 Peppers consumed, Furitha Tulmai left the table after just a nibble of her first one, while gracefully walking over to the barrel and scooping up a hefty amount of water and calmly drinking it down, though anyone still able to focus would have noticed that there was a slight twitch going under her left eye, clearly she was fighting the need to do something undignified in order to cool off faster, and barely holding on. "Well everyone it seems Miss Furitha is tossing in the towel on this one, though even in defeat she is as graceful as always, give her a big hand. The crowd actually applauded her surprisingly fiercely as she bowed to the crowd and returned to the seat she had been sitting on prior to round 2, most likely they were aware of just how hot those peppers were.

Peter did better, though that was from an obvious lack of knowledge about the peppers as he had quickly snatched one and downed it, the spasms and gasps for air that followed, together with the obvious fire breath incapacitated him long enough to earn him 4th place as he staggered over to the barrel and dunked his head in id, creating a large cloud of steam, before he too, though this time in a much more dignified manner as he dusted his suit and fixed his tie, walked over to the earlier seats and sat back down, he too to thunderous applause.

Tilly didn't leave her seat until Fey downed her fourth Pepper, the old lady had carefully eaten three herself and had seemed pretty pleased by that, but as both Fey and Rarthus started to nibble their fourth ones she hopped off and returned to her seat without even stopping at the barrel, though Fey she would give Fey a supportive pat on the shoulder as she passed, clearly respecting the young woman more after seeing her keep pace with the fire giant.

Rarthus were burning hotter than ever, he had kept pace with Fey as she downed her fourth pepper, but the fifth had been proving problematic for him, beads of what could only be lava poured down the fire giants skin as sweat would for anyone else as he carefully started to work his way through the pepper, and with a triumphant roar finished it, then he noticed Fey down hers as well in record time, he stretched out his hand after a sixth, his vision blurred, he missed the tray but that didn't matter too much to him, everything was spinning, colors bleeding into one another he was overheating, that much was clear, even to him, but it was difficult to care, even as he leaned back and fell to the ground with a thud that shook the ground ever so slightly, he was unconscious.

The Judges were more than a little surprised as Fey downed 5 even faster than Rarthus did and as she finished her 7th the personnel started to calmly and carefully remove all the remaining peppers as they were clearly starting to have an unexpected and potentially dangerous effect of the girl seeing how many she had already eaten "By the fire lords embers ladies and gentlemen, seven peppers, seven Yoggoth Peppers and she is still conscious, it seems Rarthus has clocked out on us as well, so give our two remaining contestants a big applause, our 2nd place contestant Rarthus and our winner... Feyline F. Feyling!" The area exploded in applause even as the officials came and carefully gave Rarthus a whiff of some strange plant and offered him a drink that seemed to get him back on his feet in no time, Fey would also find herself gently helped to her feet by the officials and offered a nice and pleasant drink with a slightly spicy after taste that would help Fey clear her mind from the effects of the pepper and given a few moments to rest along with the others.

After a few minutes there were another trolley of items rolled onto the stage "Ladies and Gentlemen, this concludes this years contest, I do hope you all enjoyed, but what is a contest without prizes? Come now we all know our contestants didn't join just to be the best, they wanted to win the prizes we have on offer!" the MC's joke had the crowd chuckle a bit even as he moved on to the stage next to the trolley "In 5th Place and winner of this years consolation prize is Miss Furitha Tulmai" There were once again a loud applause even as Furithia gracefully stood and walked up to the stage where she was presented with a small pouch of some kind. "This years consolation price is 25 ounces of Magma Dust, it glows pretty are always nice and warm and can be mixed with water to create perpetual lights" Furitha gave a slight smile, clearly pretty pleased with her consolation prize.

"Next up, in fourth place is Mr. Peter Thompson!" He walked up to the stage rather stiffly, there where still some small wafts of smoke coming from his ears, though he didn't seem to notice, and seeing as no one else seemed to worry it was probably not dangerous either... probably. "This years fourth place prize are this small Flame Crystal cluster, nothing fancy pretty light good heat and can power a small house for a thousand years without needing to be replaced" Peter looked at the crystal with a curious expression even as he left the stage and returned to his seat to watch the rest of the prize ceremony.

"Mrs. Tilly Fleetfoot, our 3rd place contestant is up next, give her a big hand everyone!" Tilly received a good amount of applause indeed as she stepped onto stage and got her prize "Here you are, Mrs. Tilly, a brand new pair of Lava Waders, perfect for those of us that are not lava proof ut still want to collect reagents for potions and spells in volcanic areas, it even comes with a Magma Charm to give you a few seconds to get out of the lava should you somehow submerge yourself even while wearing these" Tilly seemed quite pleased indeed with her prize as she put on the charm and carried the boots back to her seat with a big grin on her face.

"Our Runner-up is Rarthus the Scorched, quite impressive being able to eat that many peppers and not burst into flame quite impressive indeed, you know the drill ladies and gentlemen!" Rarthus didn't look too happy as he stomped up to the stage, clearly grumpy about not winning as she walked up on stage, the officials produced a small covered package and gave a wry grin. "This years 2nd prize is somewhat special, we originally had half a dozen Fire Boar steaks as the runner up prize, known as a delicacy far and wide, unfortunately when we went to retrieve the steaks, we found all the steaks gone and found our new 2nd place prize in their place" Rarthus looked even more furious than before "Not only do I lose the contest but your giving me a shoe-horn prize? while I-" he paused as the prize was unveiled and a puppy looked up at him, though no regular puppy, but one that seemed to be made from magma, it sat there tail slowly and uncertainly wagging as it looked up at him with smoldering yellow eyes "I... I love him" The angry expression melted off of the giants face and was replaced with a surprisingly gentle one as he knelt down and carefully lifted the puppy into his big hands, a single finger carefully going down to scratch it on the head, earning him a happy sound from the little pup and a "D'aaaaw" from the crowd in general as he stomped back to his seat, with the puppy now perched on his shoulder eagerly licking the giants neck and chin, it's tail wagging happily, clearly the giants feelings were mutual.

The MC once more started to talk this time with a bit softer of a voice "Well that was quite a cute sight and I am happy that the two are getting along, now for our final contestant and winner, who ate an unheard of seven, count them SEVEN Yoggoth Peppers, ladies and gentlemen, give as big an applause as you can for our winner, Ms. Feyline F. Feyling!" Fey's ascent to the main stage would be followed by thunderous applause from the crowd that would drown out the applause the others had gotten even if it was all combined. "Indeed quite impressive and a showing quite worthy of our first place prize" The MC nodded to the other judges and the carefully pulled out what looked to be a small figurine of a pair of midnight black horses with burning manes and fire flowing from their hooves that were pulling an equally fiery stagecoach with what looked to be a devil behind the reins "This ladies and gentlemen are the first place price, the Infernal Stagecoach, the owner as well as anyone invited by the owner to sit in the stagecoach can touch and do so quite comfortably, anyone else will get burnt to cinders in moments, it can let you travel long distances in quite a short time, though care should be taken as strong winds or rain will shorten the duration and submerging the thing in water will end the effect immediately, so keep it out of snow and rain unless you want it to end prematurely, the item can be used once a day for 5 hours before needing to recharge and the horses are Fire Manes, so they never tire in their run either, an, miss Feyline, it's all yours" The MC carefully handed the figurine to Fey and as he did she would somehow know exactly how to activate it, as if by magic, and as Fey stepped off the stage she would once again be followed by massive applause, and would also receive a congratulatory nudge from her phoenix friend.

((In order to randomize who won I rolled a D10 for each contestant other than Fey, Furitha's roll came up cocked and I didn't re-roll it because that would make it tempting to fudge the rolls :p))

Shiroir's plan worked pretty well to begin with, as soon as she cranked up the strength of her wings the Hellion paused and set off after her like a fox hound after a fox as it slid fully out of the ground, revealing a more serpentine than worm like appearance, for it's main body, likewise a series of tendrils emerged from behind the dark orbs that appeared to be the creatures eyes and all of them were pointing unerringly at Shiroi, then, it moved, much faster than one would expect something it's size would be able to move it set off after Shiroi, with liquid stone frothing from it's mouth and the occasional fiery tongue spontaneously combusting on the ground around it leaving a trail of molten sand as it went.

It would take some doing for Shiroi to get enough speed and thereby distance to be able to safely enact her plan as the Hellion was on her like a starving wolf on fresh meat, the problem arose as she tried to dodge out of the way to have Firemaw crash into Uldar's shield, she managed to get out of the way, but one of the tendrils managed to get a glancing hit in on one of her wings, whether that would knock her out of the air or not remained to be seen but the hit was solid enough that it would hurt quite a bit, if nothing else than from the heat of the touch itself, as the hellion was smoldering in the heat it gave off that close.

The Impact itself resounded with a dull THUD as the hellion rammed mouth first into the barrier that Uldar had set up, the thing slowly slid down to the ground, making a noise that sounded like a really deep rumble from a smoldering volcano and a giant hounds whimper "Firemaw, dammit boy ye alright?" Dulgar looked over at his pet with a worried expression, having momentarily forgotten about the fight "He's fine bro, no broken teeth or anythin' though he's gunna be a wee bit angry nao, ye might give him some room" Uldar had interrupted his own casting to reassure his brother, and true enough, the rune was shining alot less brightly than before, the tremendous impact of the Hellion having knocked most of the power out of it, but Firemaw seemed fine as it slowly rose from where it had hit and shook his head, then made asound that was askin to the hissing of lava that was being agitated, only much deeper and had a menacing rumble accompanying it as it turned back towards Shiroi, whether she was in the air or not, didn't matter to it, it clearly blamed her for what had happened and if the way the air around it was starting to distort was any indication it's anger was making it start to heat up even more than it already was, the only warning that Shiroi would get for what happened next was that the hellion started to glow ever so slightly, then a beam of lava burst from it's mouth accompanied by a high keening sound like metal violently tearing through stone, luckily for Shiroi the beam had been poorly aimed and missed her by a good two feet, though given the crater with lava at the bottom that was left behind by it, it was clear they would have to deal with the Hellion fast, as it was already charging up for a 2nd attempt.

_______

The only thing in the room that would flat-out trigger Korrie's treasure lust would be a small statue in one of the corners, the statue itself was pretty ordinary, made out of granite by the looks of things, but with a single hand made out of solid gold, that looked like it should have been grasping the statue's forehead, however the hand was surrounded by a force field that even went so far as to separate the hand of the statue from the rest of it, for whatever reason. As Korrie shuffled closer she would find the sign slowly but surely start to warp itself to form English, "The Hand of Sadim, a marvel of Nano-Magitech, the hand will turn any material it touches into pure gold, the use of as well as the knowledge of how to make it marvelous item was made illegal following the gold market being flooded to the point of rendering gold worthless within a year of it's creation, all copies of the hand has been destroyed, except for this last one, which was last in the ownership of an ancient human king called Midas and so survived the purging of all other existing hands, was later retrieved after his death and is now displayed here, warning the hand is still considered to be under the ownership of Midas since Midas and anyone else touching it will be turned to gold, Do. Not. Touch" As Korrie looked it over Medea would follow along as well "Do you want to hear more of the hand and it's origins?" she asked politely even as she waited for Korrie to respond.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Wa's going on?" Fey mused, downing the spicey drink and calming down, mostly, still seeming in a bit of an afterglow between being high and being hot in multiple meanings of the word. She needed a few moments to process that, infact, the peppers had not been her victory-price.
Made sense after all! Win an eating contest to earn something to eat?

"Actually I did kinda join to be the best." Fey pondered briefly. Not that she was one to turn down prizes! She watched the other prices being handed out.. this magma dust sounded kind of useful. Granted, the next two she kind of had and.. the giant got .. awwww it was a fire-puppy! If she didn't already have her (superior) fire-bird, she'd be jealous now!

"Ehehe.." Fey scratched the back of her head with an almost shy roiling of her flames. The peppers had been a bit of a humbling experience there for her. "Ooh a fire-coach. Sounds super useful for getting to places, which as a matter of fact I think we plan to do." She payed only half attention but something about a yellow monk in a skyscraper library and 'bwa bwa bwa, don't set things on fire needlessly Fey' "Yaaay!" Fey cheered, only not pocketing her prize because, well, she didn't -have- pokets, though a coiling of suprisingly solid flame-feathers held onto a hidden pepper-for-later.. much later, Fey had peppered herself out for a while, as well as soon, the coach-figurine, with the phoenix-girl happy but a bit emberassed at all the attention, nuzzling back to her phoenix-companion.

"Alright, that was fun. First step in becoming Fire-Lady mistress of awesome Fey the First." She nodded, patting her tummy, her movements a little slowed down as she approached one of the other contestants, namely, Tilly the teacher. Fey did pay attention. A bit.

"Hey uuuh hi! I wanted to ask you something, you seem the scholary type. Uhmnn.. Is it normal to meet card playing kitties around here? .. I mean I know this is a city of cats and all that, but I'm talking about like.. a biig girl-cat. Very purple." She felt that was an apt description. "Ran into earlier, very weird." She pondered. She could propably ask Aya too but Aya would give her a long, complicated explanation, whereas Fey wanted to .. well, she had had fun at the fire-park, now a fire-eating contest.. was about time for a fire-nap after watching some fire-works, perhaps, all so that she could do the pyromancers crash-course Morrag had offered a little earlier.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
On the plus side, Shiroi managed to catch the hellion's attention just as she wanted. On the other hand, she didn't expect it to come after her THAT fast. Yelping in surprise and bolting aside immediately, she very narrowly avoided the charging monstrosity; or at least she ALMOST narrowly avoided it. One of the tendrils managed to strike her wings, and while the energy constructs didn't exactly have pain receptors, the sheer heat and force of the impact still disrupted their stability, causing one of the wings to break off. While not feeling the scorching pain of magma would normally be a good thing, the lack of pain actually made the albino realize her wing was destroyed a second too late, and she failed to reconstruct it and regain altitude in time before crashing to the ground, shielding herself with her remaining wing to reduce the damage while she skidded to a halt.

Grunting from the pain and getting to her feet, she turned around to see that at least her little trick had done some damage. The barrier hadn't gone down entirely, but it was visibly weakened, and both of the dwarves are now distracted. The sound that giant magma sandworm thing made was also kind of amusing honestly. A quick glance confirmed that yes, her sibling was still alright, and had taken notice of the opening, though their eyes met for a moment, a quick affirmation that both of them are okay.

The problem was that Firemaw was also okay, and pissed off.

Shiroi didn't even have time to react before the beam of lava obliterated the ground nearby, and a quick glance at the results was all the motivation she needed to reform her wings and take to the air again, darting in irregular patterns as fast as she could to throw off the monster's aim. Her first thought was that she needed to take the Hellion out as quickly as possible before it actually managed to hit her, but to beat something of THAT size would probably cost the rest of her energy unless she could find a weakspot to hit, and she’s not sure if the protective spells on the arena extended to the creature. Yes, it's a gigantic magma sandworm snake thing that's trying to shoot lava at her, and summoning help in was a dirty trick, but it's still the dwarves' pet, and she at least respected the pair enough she'd rather not accidentally maim or kill their beloved pet.

That left the other solution then, namely beating the dwarves as soon as possible to end the match. If Kuroi succeeds in taking advantage of the opening, then that'll leave the stoneshaper, and maybe she can still use Firemaw to her advantage...

Meanwhile, carefully keeping out of sight, Kuroi watched the happenings below from the air. She understood her sister's plan, but that didn't stop her heart from pounding like crazy watching the girl pull off that crazy stunt. She'll just have to trust that her sister can take care of herself though, and make sure the risks taken weren't for nothing. Hovering above and behind the runesmith, Kuroi silently dove downwards with her spear, hoping that her 'shatters barriers' script will be enough to overpower the weakened rune immediately so she can move in and slap the sleep charm onto the dwarf's back. She's not sure how to deal with the earthbender yet, but Shiroi probably has a plan.

And the albino does, provided the Hellion's aim wasn’t good enough to shoot her down regardless of evasive maneuvers, as Shiroi started flying towards the stoneshaper, hoping to pull off the same trick twice and bait the enraged Firemaw into shooting its owner. It's probably not gonna work, but it sure is worth a shot.
[HR][/HR]
Attracted by the sparkle of gold, Korrie made her way over to the statue with the golden hand, staring in awe at that beautiful golden shine. Almost entranced by its beauty, a hand half-lifted to touch it, until the still sane part of her mind reminded her not to touch the exhibits, and the genre-savvy part of her reminded her that golden hands are usually something you really, REALLY shouldn't touch, because it's usually THAT golden hand. Forcing her eyes closed and shaking her head to clear it, the wyvern girl did her best to resist the call of the gold and read the plaque instead. And... yep, it really is THAT golden hand. Good thing there's protective measures, and pure gold isn't quite enough to completely dominate her. Now if it was bigger or also studded with sparkly gems she'd probably be drooling and making an embarrassment of herself right about now. Blushing lightly at the very thought, she distracted herself by turning her attention to her guide. "Um, sure, Korrie'd love to hear more about it. Korrie always thought there was only the one King Midas had, and that it was just a story for that matter." The wyvern girl said, still making a concerted effort to not look at the hand. She kind of wanted to just get away from it really, but she was genuinely interested in the lore. Maybe she'll even learn a little about how to turn things into gold... on a smaller, less dangerous scale, of course...

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As Fey approached the teacher she was busy stuffing her prize into a bag that she had brought with her, though she paused and looked up at Fey with a friendly smile as she patiently waited for Fey to ask her question, "A Purple catgirl... as a matter of fact I have heard tales of such a creature, "Cheshire, Twister of Fate" she is called, twister as in twisting and turning not the whirlwind, although stories about her are more of a legend than anything that's proven, some kind of Spirit that has a penchant for mischief, tale goes that Cheshire appears before people and offer to play a game with them, though the nature of that game is one that alters fate itself, a particular story says that Cheshire had a hand in making the cats of Ulthar the leading race in the city, although if that's true or not I can't say, either way, dear, if you truly ran into Cheshire then be cautious, tales says her cards are just as often a curse as they are a blessing" The Gnome gave Fey a friendly smile and a pat on the hand without Cheshire's mark on it, before she resumed packing her bag again and hefting the thing onto her shoulders and staggered of into the crowd with a friendly wave to Fey, the rest of the competitors had dispersed as well leaving Fey alone with the cleanup crew for the competition, all of whom gave fey a bit of leeway, just in case the peppers she had eaten caused her to spontaneously combust, it was not like they could know for sure or not. Before Fey could decide upon where to go next, however she would be tackled and hugged by two set of arms "CongratulationsFey-Fey wesawitall" it was the two fiery siblings and behind them was Morrag "I was worried when we got separated just after exiting the pool, but it seems my worries were unfounded, congratulations on your victory Fey" she gave Fey a friendly hug before she gently put a hand around her waist "Now let's not do the same blunder again and get separated, it would be quite embarrassing to lose you twice in the span of a few hours, to the point where Flint would never let me live it down" she gave a good natured chuckle That being said I figured we would find you here sooner or later so I decided to wait here for a bit, much to the delight of these to rascals, now how about we deliver these back to the inn and then have some fun just the two of us hmm?" she whispered that last part, with her hand spinning a suggestive circle close to Fey's crotch, though the sisters didn't seem to notice, as they were distracted by the Phoenix chirping happily down at them.

________

Firemaw's second beam whiffed past so close that Shiroi could feel the intense heat from it across her skin, as if sitting way to close to a scorching hot furnace, as it whiffed past, just pure luck preventing the beam from clipping her wings a 2nd time, as it was about to fire a third time however it suddenly stopped it's feelers going this way and that, it seemed even more agitated than before, but it didn't move at all "Ah... crud... Firemaw, easy boy, no need to go that far, I know it hurt and all but... BRO!" "I see it! Lasses, listen, I know we are both competitors in this match an all, but ye need to get some cover NAO! they don't call Firemaws species Crater Hellions fer nothin' and we are about to have a front row seat as to the reason why they are called that!" The two dwarves started to cast again, this time with a frantic pace as stone pillars started to grow up around Dulgar and Uldar started to reinforce his shield. As this continued Firemax had curled up like an angry rattlesnake and were starting to give of an ominous glow and several crack-like patterns along the Hellions body were starting to give of vapors even as they started to give of a glow that started deep red but were slowly starting to become brighter, signaling that the hellion was glowing warmer, if Kuroi landed behind the stoneshaper he would just shrug and keep casting, clearly more intent on blocking out whatever Firemaw was cooking up than actually try to continue their fight, it probably wouldn't be a hard guess that if the two prioritized hunkering down in place of fighting then putting hte dwarf asleep, stopping him from actually finishing what he was trying to do would probably be a BAD idea.

As the two dwarves finished their casting the entire arena started to heat up, the vapors that had been coming out of the Hellion spontaneously combusted and it gave off an angry hissing sound as the patterns started to pulse brightly going from bright yellow to nearly white in intensity Dulgar finished up his wall and called out to the twins "Unless ye have a barrier strong enough to withstand that blast I recommend getting behind this wall and reinforce it with yer own magic, either way this is gonna be loud" he was yelling at the top of his lungs, but even so it was almost drowned out from the noise that the Hellion was giving off. If the twins took the stoneshaper up on his offer they would find that he was busy changing the type of stone the pillars was made from from granite to some kind of black stone which seemed to drink in the surroundings "Ye might wanna put up a shield and reinforce it against heat and noise, when Firemaw goes boom it's gonna be rupture a few eardrums otherwise" If the twins listened they would barely make it before there was a flash of bright light and then a deafening bang, even with the shield up it would gause their ears to ring, the stone wall would go from midnight black to give off an angry red color, though no heat would be given off.

If the twins sought shelter inside their own shield they would find the spectacle much more devastating to look at, with the hellion lifting it's upper body straight up and giving off a roar like an exploding volcano before the air around it detonated, washing the entire arena in a giant fireball that burned so hot the flames were literally white and blue, the flames would hit the shield like a sledgehammer and the twins would have to cooperate to keep the shield up alone without help from either of the dwarves.

When the torrent of fire and the deafening noise from the explosion passed the arena would have a bowl-shaped crater filled with molten lava at the bottom and with Firemaw sitting in the center of it, smoke wafting off of its scales before it, with another angry his burrowed underground, the earth shook as it did so, but the tremors would quickly grow fainter and fainter, the Summoning had clearly been expended by whatever the hellion had done to create that explosion, if Korrie had been there she would probably have equated it to a Summons Limit Attack, a ridiculously powerful attack that would automatically unsummon the creature afterwards.

Dulgars stone pillars were partially molten on the front and as the dwarf slowly clambered over them he just shook his head "Dammit Firemaw, ye had to go and wreck the arena, well at least we are all alive... we are all alive, right? Hey Bro ye alive?" The area where Uldars shield was were completely covered in slag partially solidified slag, though from the hollow sound of hammering from the inside it was clear that Uldar was in the process of removing that obstacle, though as it was Dulgar were currently separated from his brother and more vulnerable than ever before seeing as he didn't have anyone to watch his back.

Medea gave a soft smile as she saw Korries reaction though she didn't comment on the case, probably out of professional courtesy, she did wave Korrie over to a set of nearby chairs however, each one specifically designed to allow tailed creatures to sit comfortable in the chairs as well "The tale of Midas are not that detailed in earlier works, the truth is he was a Dreamer and a powerful one, he met the Artificer Sadim in one such instance of Dreaming, more importantly, in the stories about the good king in the waking world Sadim also went under the name Silenius, the two hit off well enough and became fast friends, with Midas visiting pretty much every night, it was in one of those visits that Midas invited his erstwhile friend to his wedding, a decision he would later come to regret no doubt, as it was there Sadim gave him this artifact. Never ending gold, that's quite a gift and one that, had Midas not been so careless in it's handling, might have worked out for him" She paused for a while and gave Korrie some time to absorb what she had said before she continued.

"Fast Forward a few years and we have the series of accidents that would lead to the famous tale of Midas and his demise, Midas, by this point was an extremely wealthy man, for obvious reasons, and he ruled fairly and justly over his people, he had a loving wife and a daughter he loved above all, unfortunately for Midas his daughter was... not as kind as her father, as she had never wanted for anything and had become callous and cold as a result, spoiled rotten, some would say, one day she decided she wanted to try out her fathers wondrous little gold generator for herself, despite being told that none but her father could safely touch it, it went as it had to, with his daughter becoming a gold statue the instant her fingers touched the hand. Midas did... not take the loss well, nor did his wife, who, in desperation to try and restore her daughter tried to wield her hand herself, again with disastrous results, seeing both his beloved wife and his daughter turned to gold statues Midas became furious and lashed out against the hand in an attempt to destroy it, activating a safety mechanism that he had been unaware of, a mechanism that turned Midas himself into a gold statue, as the hand created a shockwave of its power upon being hit with Midas' mighty hammer"

Medea gave a weak smile "Sadim himself were devastated at the loss of his friend and his friends' family in such a manner and vowed never to make another hand like this, and so he with a heavy heart donated this hand to the draconian government who had us place it inside this museum, with enough safety measures to stop an exploding sun from getting near it I might ad, even so we prefer to warn people away from trying to touch it, on the extreme off chance they somehow bypass the force field and as of such are able to touch the hand and get themselves turned to Gold"

With her story finished she calmly turned back to Korrie and smiled gently at her, clearly waiting for any questions she might have of her, if none were forthcoming Medea would ask if Korrie had any interest in any of the other machines in the room, that being said comparatively speaking to the first two most of them seemed to be mostly inert and without any gaudy looking effects that would draw Korrie, maybe with the exception of an item that had the opposite effect, a small black sphere inside a similar containment field, which would give Korries brain some difficulties wrapping it's head around it, as it was as if space itself distorted around the sphere.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Not the body-tangling party game either eh? aww.. Oh.. no worry! I got a fire-card. That can't be a curse.. also, not sure I want to rule a city, sounds like a lot of bother..." Fey enthusiastically asserted at the mages explanation. She was kind of suspicious of the cat from the get go, but twister of fate sounded kind of odd.. Fey gave her palm a glance after nodding goodbye to the gnome.
She was shaken out of her pondering by a twin, tackle, mieeping slightly. "Ehehe, you watched?"

She chuckled, scratching the back of her head and grinning slightly emberassedly under the hugging.. though she didn't seem to mind. "Oh.. ok. Back to the inn!" Fey enthused, trying to walk off into the wrong direction until corrected, at which point she pretended she had known the right way all along, with Fey petting her phoenix.
"Yay fun! Teach me some fire stuff." Fey nodded, almost as clueless as the twins, cupping her lower belly and inhaling deeply, seeming to try a breathing exercise.

Either way, if nothing stopped them on the way, Fey would happily bounce-lead the way ahead to the inn, giving everyone she found inside a cheery wave and presenting her bird, proclaiming: "Heeey! I jumped into a vulcano-slide and then I made an awesome fire-friend and then I played twister with a cat and then I got to eat lots of yummy stuff, this festival is awesome!" With a cheerful smile and an emphatic waving of her hands, seeming to have had quite a sucessful day, her flame-feathers puffed up and fluttering in a good mood overall. She'd propably let the fiery twins play-busy her phoenix, if they wanted to, even giving one of them a bit of phoenix-feed each, making sure they'd not overstuff the poor fiery bird.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Kuroi was a mere second away from attacking before she heard the dwarves call out in alarm and noticed the Hellion acting strangely. It was an instinctual fear that caused her to postpone the fight for later and trust her opponents, and as she looked over towards Shiroi, her sibling had decided to believe the dwarves' warning as well. Either the dwarves were very talented actors, or the Hellion really is about to do something so dangerous that the dwarves are calling a ceasefire until it's over.

Shiroi immediately flew as fast as she could over to her sister, who was currently hunkered down behind Uldar's barrier, watching the monstrosity with equal parts terror and anticipation. "This is why you don't summon giant monstrosities to a friendly competition!" The albino complained while she hurriedly summoned a small but concentrated barrier of her own around herself and Kuroi, expecting that Uldar's barrier will take the brunt of the impending explosion for them. While she charged the barrier as much as possible to block whatever remaining force would come through, the ravenette frantically drew up a wall and enchanted it with heat resistance. Barely hearing Dulgar's advice but taking it nonetheless, Shiroi quickly made some earplugs for herself while Kuroi made a pair of earmuffs in the nick of time, noticing she still had her cat ears up and imagining them away so she wouldn't have two pairs of ears to be deafened.

And then the Hellion detonated.

Hunkered behind three layers of protection, the force of the explosion was still no less terrifying, as the earth shook and white-blue flames covered the arena. Kuroi screamed and closed her eyes tight, hands clasping her earmuffs, and Shiroi didn't fare much better, barely able to squint just to witness the might of an apex predator of the eldritch realm. Just how the FUCK did these two dwarves acquire a beast like this? How did it even end up like this? This was supposed to be a friendly little tourney at a festival where amateurs tried their luck! What is this Grand Magic Games level performance?!

After what seemed like forever, the wave of searing flame subsided, and Shiroi dared to peek out from behind the wall. ...Welp, it's probably gonna take a while to repair the arena after this. Are the audience okay? How many people are bleeding from the ears and eyes right now? That was overkill plain and simple! At least Firemaw seemed to have tired itself out and promptly retreated, so that's a silver lining. She felt drained though, both from the mana required to keep the barrier up and the fading adrenaline. At least she could still move well enough, which wouldn't be the case if she hadn't found cover, and even WITH cover there was still a layer of solidified slag around the base of her barrier.

On the plus side, the one who maintained their cover had it far worse, and said dwarf was currently right in front of them, stranded behind a wall of slag.

Silently nudging her sibling, Shiroi pointed at the runesmith, and the ravenette nodded. Without a word, she resumed her original plan, trying to pierce the back of the barrier with her enchanted spear and apply the sleep charm on her target.
[HR][/HR]
Korrie listened carefully to Medea's tale, using it to distract herself from the gold's allure, but it became increasingly easy to do so as the tale grew increasingly interesting... and tragic. She wasn't particularly well versed in the more commonly known tale of King Midas, but she's pretty sure it wasn't quite so depressing. It's certainly knocked any thought of learning the hand's magic out of her mind. "...That was an... interesting tale. Thanks for telling Korrie that." The wyvern said somberly with a weak smile, and decided there wasn't much more to be said on the matter. If there was anything to be gleaned from this tragedy, it's that magical artifacts are not to be trifled with. Still, anything dangerous around here should have the appropriate security installed, right? She shouldn't be overly paranoid.

Getting up from the chair, Korrie resumed examining the exhibits at large, looking for anything else that looked particularly interesting. Nothing else that called out to her treasure lust was present, but there was something that piqued her curiosity regardless. Making her way over to the black orb, the wyvern girl tried to examine it at first, but found she had to look away after a bit as it was starting to give her a headache. What is this, a miniature blackhole? It has a containment field like the one the Hand had, it must be something powerful. Korrie turned her attention to the plaque to see just what the heck this was.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Once Fey entered the Inn she would find Flint and Aya sitting at one of the tables playing some kind of board game, where the dwarf had a look of intense concentration as he slowly moved one of his pieces, whereupon Aya almost immediately moved one of her own to another square "Sorry Flint, your loss" Flint looked at the board for a while blinked and then did a double take "Dammit lass, gimmie a break that's just downright mean to toy with me like that, ye had me 5 turns ago with that move" Aya gave a chuckle before Feys introduction of the firebird got her attention "Well now, you managed to befriend a Phoenix, that is pretty impressive" Fey would ruffle Feys head lovingly though she would not try to approach the Phoenix, who didn't seem to like her too much, probably it could sense her true nature and wasn't to keen on it, though Aya didn't seem to mind at all. "Now whats that with playing Twister with a cat?" she asked, clearly hoping for a better explanation than Fey's whimsical and very short rundown of how her night had been so far.

Meanwhile the Phoenix was more than happy to accept the snacks that Fey provided the siblings with as it happily ate a few of them and allowed the siblings to pet and stroke it a bit, before it returned to Fey's shoulder, nudging itself lovingly to her cheek for some attention from her as well, though as soon as it saw the Zoog it clearly had other ideas as it flapped over and looked at it with a curious expression, clearly not sure what to make of it, with Erfek for it's part looked at the Phoenix with an equally uncertain expression, not sure how to react to the sudden interest either, though the pair made for an amusing little scene to look at at least as they just stood there, looking at each other, before the Phoenix got tired of it and flew back to Fey again to receive the petting it had skipped out on to investigate the Zoog.

Once the siblings had finished feeding the Phoenix, Morrag gently, but unrelentingly ushered the kids through a door and disappeared for a bit, only to return a bit later alone, then waited patiently for Aya and Flint to finish listening to Feys explanation of her encounter with Cheshire, which clearly left Aya a bit concerned as she insisted on examining the mark in great detail, clearly somewhat worried about it "Hmm, not much to do about this now, but if that mark does ANYTHING, no mater how trivial, notify me immediately, got it?" Aya looked at Fey with a worried expression, clearly not at all happy about what had happened, though there was nothing she could do about it, apparently.

Just as Shiroi was about to attach the note onto the Dulgar's shoulder he spun around and stopped her, with a tired smile "I can sense yer location from the tremors in da dirt when yer walking' lass, so sneaking up on me is pretty much not gunna happen, that being said, there is no point stickin' whatever that is on me, me hammers all busted up and without it I can't even move as much as a single grain o sand, and since this is a magic competition I can't really go about startin' ta pound ya with ma bare fists either, essentially speaking, I am out fer the count" He held up his hammer whose head was partially melted from the explosion as he had rammed it into the barrier to keep it from disintegrating, which had probably saved his life, the intricate runes that had adorned the hammerhead were all twisted and disfigured, as if to give proof he put the hammer down onto the ground and said a quick word in dwarven, the hammerhead glowed but only sputtered a few teal sparks without any other effects "Hellion fire is one of da few things hot enough ta melt Dwarven Steel, ma own fault fer callin' on Firemaw like that" he gave a sheepish chuckle just as the dome where Uldar had been stuck was smashed open and he emerged, he seemed to have fared better than Dulgar a the force field had managed to withstand the blast, aided by the layer of slag that had buried it "Ye broke yer hammer?" he simply asked as he looked at the half melted lump of metal at the end of the hammer shaft "Aye, I am out for the count on this one, unless ye have a spare somewhere" "Fraid not, and I am toally drained from tanking that explosion, guess we all are eh?" The two dwarves looked at each other, then at the twins, then nodded to each other "We surrender" they calmly said in unison, "Considering ye still have enough magic ta keep goin, while I can't cast and bro is empty there really aint no point fer us ta continue, ye'd knock me out long before I'd be able to get to ma Bro and use his hammer and even then the effect would be diminished because his runes differ from mine" The two slowly walked over to the twins and offered them a handshake, which would be frim and strong but not painful."Good luck in da next round, although considering da mess Firemaw left behind they might postpone that 'til tomorrow"

Just as they finished the handshake a voice rang out "Indeed, your Hellion did make quite a mess Master Dwarf, not only on the arena itself but on the spectators, seriously WHAT WERE YOU THINKING summoning an adult Crater Hellion to an amateur competition, half the audience have been half blinded and the other half will have a rining in their ears for days" Looking to the source of the voice the quartet would be able to see a rather angry looking Elf flying their way, robes he was wearing signifying him to be one of the judges "Err, I guess we got carried away...?" Dulgar gave an uncertain voice, earning him a scowl from the elf "If the two of you hadn't already surrendered you would have been disqualified after that little "mishap" further more you are banned from competing in the arena for two months, and the reason we are that lenient about it is because no one was seriously hurt, all in all the two of you were exceedingly lucky in that regard" The dwarves nodded solemnly "That's fair, we shouldn't have called in Firemaw like that, don't know what we were thinkin" the two gave a nod to show they accepted the judge's decision without complaint "Due to the state of the stadium the rest of the tournament will have to be postponed until tomorrow, just as you said, I would have asked you to help in the repairs, but given the condition of your foci..." "Aye, rotten luck that, could have fixed the arena in minutes if I had a proper hammer fer he job" The judge looked over at the twins "Well we will resume this tomorrow at noon, my apologies for the delay, although considering the two of you look like your running on fumes as well I guess you don't mind to much" he gave a curt nod even as the MC delivered the news to the spectators, who all seemed to be somewhat uncomfortable but otherwise fine after the blast, although the wards protecting the stadium were blaring an angry red from containing the blast it seemed to have held up well enough. "Well back to the inn then, maybe I can convince ol' cousin Flint ta fix ma hammer" "Bah, he'll probably make ye fix it yerself without help seeing as it was our own stupidity that saw it busted in da first place" the two started towards the exit as they turned over to dwarven to continue their discussion, though if the twins called out to them they would wait to listen to what they had to say.

The plaque near the item was actually missing, and from the look of things it had been purposefully removed "An earlier visitor vandalized the plaque and it had to be removed for repairs, what you are looking at is an early prototype Jumpgate, it's a form of transport that will take you from point A to point B regardless of distance, all you need is the right coordinates, this one however was it was an early prototype, collapsed in on itself creating a rift into a dimension called subspace, which is essentially a mirror of the real world with one very important distinction, it's warm there, very, very warm, so warm in fact that most machinery will overheat in mere moments unless they are protected by one of the local manifestations there called Shadows, these Shadows are not like regular shadows, but seem more like ethereal objects, like trees, rocks houses ETC, they ave no physical boundary and so anything can pass through them and they will just float in place, however inside these Shadows the temperature is much more tolerable, it's a very inhospitable place as a result, the reason it has a containment field around it is because early and prototype Jumpgates produced their own gravity wells that will suck in surrounding items and or people venturing too close and toss them out on the other side violently, given this Jumpgate only leads to subspace and is a one-way trip the shield was set up as a security measure as we do not wish out esteemed guests to be trapped in another dimension and certainly not one as inhospitable and deadly as Subspace" Despite the long winded explanation Medea hadn't paused to catch her breath even one, which was pretty impressive all things considered. With her explanation done, Medea waited patiently in case Korrie had any further questions about the Jumpgate itself, if none were forthcoming she would lead Korrie over to a strange device standing by itself "This is a modern Jumpgate, if nothing here catches your interest we can use it to go to any of the other section immediately" on the panel itself were buttons labeled with the previous the other sections of the museum, but with Reception, being an option rather than Technology.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"People keep telling me that, but it's just natural affinity friendship." Fey nodded cheerfully. She was never one for boardgames. Or rather, never one for rules for them. Fey murred,uncaring of the witch-demons nature. "Oh, well I got lost in the town but luckily I met a twister-cat-girl that pointed the way after we did a card game. Was better than yours because I simply drew the fire card. Very prophetic. Very true. No weird complicated thinkie-planny stuff with bleeding roses and juggling kangaroos. I even got a sweet new tat from it. Never had a tatoo actually, my natural regenerative powers don't work well with that.." She explained. Although cause for concern for the gnome and .. odd.. the cat had been no problem for fey.. plus, the Phoenix didn't like the cat nor Aya, so perhaps it just had very exquisite taste in people. then, she realized and added. "ERr! nor that your card-thingie wasn't impressive! Exspecially the talky bit at the end. I'm just a friend of you know.. simple approaches, simple solutions. Something troubles you? Try a spontaneous exothermic assault!" She nodded, distracted by her new friend and nuzzle-petting it, grinning after the Zoog-distraction, cheering a little for her friend along the way.. it seemed the phoenix would stay close with her.. and she didn't mind it.

"Aww who's a good phoenix.. you are.. yeees you are! Oh, that's right, Ayaaa! Can I become a fire-lord?" She asked, hopefully. .. though if denied, she'd just try again with Christine later, she decided.

She did salute Aya at the comment about her tatoo. "What do you think I am, a bird-brain? I'll totally pay attention to it. But, its fire. Fire can't be bad." She nodded, then bounce-hopped over to Morrag. "Alright! Show me more fire-tricksies!" She hopefully enthused, having missed the innuendo earlier.. perhaps hanging out with Aya for a while had hardened her against subtle seductions, as she softly whistled, with a birdlike-quality to her voice:
"Phoenix-friend Phoenix-friend.. never gonna get out of hand, is best bird in all of land.. yes that is my phoenix friend"

Last edited:

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Freezing in her tracks, Kuroi's heart almost stopped when it turned out her target knew she was approaching, only relaxing and breathing a sigh of relief when the dwarf declared no hostile intentions. Only Shiroi kept her guard up until the dwarves declared their surrender, letting her wings dissipate as the adrenaline finally fully left her, her knees threatening to buckle as her whole body slumped for a second before she straightened herself. She really wasn't sure if she could've kept fighting after defending against that cataclysmic explosion, but she wasn't about to show how tired she really was, even if they'd already won. Sharing a tired smile, the twins gladly accepted the handshake, feeling a different kind of satisfaction from when they curbstomped their previous opponent. "Thanks, that was a really good match! Honestly, if you hadn't called in Firemaw I'm not sure we could've won that. I'll take it as a compliment you even considered summoning him against us though, much less actually did it." Shiroi said, chuckling, remembering the footage of the dwarves' first fight. They might've been a lot harder to take down if their ace in the hole hadn't ended up backfiring on them, ironically. Sometimes the simpler solution is indeed the better solution, something to take to heart.

There was a bit of awkwardness while the judge told the dwarves off, and it did remind the twins of the audience's existence. Sure enough, most of the spectators were actually a lot worse off than the two of them, from what they could tell, not everyone could just conjure up eye and ear protection on a whim. At least the wards held and no one was hurt. Note to self, if they ever attend another magic tournament as spectators, never get front row seats, Shiroi thought to herself.

"You'll find no complaints from us. Tomorrow at noon, got it." Kuroi nodded when the judge addressed them, and both sisters looked towards the dwarves in surprise upon overhearing their conversation, then at each other. "Did I hear them say 'cousin Flint'?" She asked her sister quietly, who shrugged, starting to head back to the waiting room to pick a certain someone up.

"Yep, and I doubt there's another dwarf named Flint in town. Small world, huh. Wonder if Flint or Aya will figure out who the Monochrome Twins who beat them were?" The albino smirked, earning a light giggle from her sibling, "Anyway, good thing the tourny's getting postponed, because I am spent. Let's go pick up Aila and head back to the inn so I can collapse on a nice comfy bed."

"Agreed, I really need some rest after that too..."

"Good work out there by the way, sis, you really held your own out there." Shiroi reached a hand up to pat her sibling's head, knowing the ravenette secretly likes the treatment, and was greatly amused when Kuroi's cat ears sprung back into being as a response, giving the fluffy triangles a nice scratching that made the ravenette purr in delight.

"T-Thanks... You still did much better than I did though... I mean, you practically handled the Hellion all by yourself..."

"Eh, let's just agree we both put up a good fight. Sure hope the next match won't be quite as intense though. Oh who am I kidding, it's going to be worse than the Hellion somehow, I just know it."

Shaking her head but still eagerly anticipating their next matches tomorrow, Shiroi led the way back to the waiting room where they can pick up their new golem friend and head back to the inn for some well earned rest. After they report back to Aya and see if she has any idea how to restore Aila's humanity of course. There'll be stories to tell around the dinner table tonight. Wonder how the others have been doing?
[HR][/HR]
Surprised by the lack of a plaque, Korrie listened to her guide's explanations about the mysterious black orb instead. Why someone would go to the lengths of vandalizing this plaque in particular was beyond her, but that didn't really matter. As expected, the thing was similar to a black hole, though much more bizarre than one apparently. This 'subspace' sounds weird even by eldritch standards, and certainly doesn't sound like a fun place to visit. She did wonder how someone managed to visit this subspace and returned to tell the tale, but dimensional travel and heat protection is probably not that difficult for most accomplished mages.

Holding little interest for such an inhospitable and lifeless realm, Korrie mostly just nodded in acknowledgment and thanks for Medea's explanation before wanting to move on to the next exhibit. With nothing in the technology section that still particularly interests her, Korrie considered her options before the fully developed Jumpgate, right after investigating the prototype, how coincidentally topical. So the remaining choices are History, Mythology, and Artifacts. The Artifacts section sounds like it might hold some interesting trinkets, maybe some sparkly trinkets too, as her treasure lust subtly urged her. "Hmm... Korrie'd like to visit the Artifacts section next, please."