Steel Sky (Adelle/Mind Flayer)

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Yet again, going through the city only served to make Rose the center of attention, what with her towering over just about everyone else they went by. It just seemed to be how it would go with her for the immediate future. But as usual, it was of no hindrance and the two got to go along without anyone hassling them, the imposing stature of Rose's probably serving to keep any potential bad attention away as well.

At the maintenance place, the pair would find Kristy at the bike, just as she had been the day before when they left. It did not look like she had fixed any of the outside bumps, but Adelle could see that she had been through the interior. "Well you can have her back now if you want, the working parts are just fine. I went through basically everything to see potential hazards or damage but nothing really to fix internally. Just the cosmetic aspects need some looking into but they are just cosmetics in the end and not really necessary to move around."

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle led them back to the body shop where Kristy had the bike, and when they arrived, thankfully without any hassle, likely thanks in no small part to Rose and her large size and menacing look, Adelle went on into the place. "Oh wow, I know nothing about working on vehicles and stuff, but even I can tell the picture perfect job on the engine and stuff you've done," Adelle said as she came in, nodding when Kristy explained to her that it was basically mostly cosmetic work that needed to be done. "Hmm, well I do need her for a road trip of sorts I'm doing for someone, so the body work might need to wait, because where I need to go is out of town. Think you could hold off on the body work itself until I get back?" Adelle replied, looking the bike over and taking a seat on it unless she couldn't at the moment, settling her butt down on the seat.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Hey, it's your bike. I won't make the decision for ya. And like I said, the cosmetics can wait, they probably won't get worse and if you decide to crash again it won't be wasted money and work." Kristy would state, not being one to hold Adelle off from her vehicle just because of the cosmetic aspects that needed fixing. She most certainly saw the reason to get the thing out, and had actually been at the perfect enough situation with nothing removed to make it possible for Adelle to roll out. The saddle was firmly in it's place, so sitting was certainly possible without something poking the busty girl in the butt.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle smiled and gave Kristy a nod as she sat down. "Aye, I'd like you to finish it up and all, but leaving town on a job means I'm gonna need some good fast transportation so I'm not hoofing it on foot," Adelle said as she cranked the bike up and got the engine roaring. "Mmm, that sweet sweet noise is wonderful to hear. Alright then Kristy, we'll be going and hopefully when I get back I can afford to leave the bike here for you to make it look brand new and as beautiful as you are," Adelle told the larger girl, flashing a wink to Kristy before patting the seat behind her for Rose to sit down with her, where she'd head on out and back to their place for her to get things in order before they set out, and plus she needed to let Samson and the sisters know where she was going and why after that, so it was likely that they wouldn't set out until the following morning Adelle was thinking, and she also had to make sure her little pets in the basement were well fed and whatnot too.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The compliments did not seem to go unnoticed from Kristy, but she made no mention of it. Taking off, Adelle drove her somewhat burdened bike down to the house, the thing working just like it had before. The city was decently easy to handle as usual, and the staring was toned down a little as well since they made way faster on the bike. Not before long, they were at the house again.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
When they got back to the house, Adelle would inform Buddy of the job, not knowing if he could understand her or not, but she told him nonetheless. "So I'm gonna make a bit of food for you and put it in the fridge, and I'm gonna ask Rachaela or one of the others to come over and check on you and the place a couple of times a day for me while we're gone and stuff too," Adelle would then tell Buddy, smiling down at him before heading to the kitchen and making three or four smaller portion meals for Buddy that would keep in the fridge for a couple of days, getting the min bowls and labeling them each with a slip of paper taped to each.

After she had managed the main food, she'd fix up all the scraps and stuff and a bit more from other leftovers, and would head down to the basement area to feed her other critters that resided with her, making sure they were well fed too. Only after she had everything done and in order would Adelle get herself cleaned up and ready to leave, getting her pack ready and getting her assault rifle, both pistols, her neat little custom pistol shotgun, and the alien gun thing all loaded up. The pistols she put in their normal respective leg holsters, the rifle she slung over her shoulder with the strap, and the other two she put into her pack for safe keeping, and the alien gun thing she'd take its strange ammunition with her to, as well as five total magazines for her rifle, and enough bullets for her pistols to reload both a good half a dozen times each. After that, she'd grab a few changes of clothes for herself and a couple of towels just in case, and then she'd get ready to head on out, stopping on the way to Rachaela's to grab something small but filling for them to eat on their adventure that she could carry in her backpack without too much trouble, and then she'd head to Rachaela's place to inform her of what Rizzet had told them he wanted of them for his help with Rose's hands.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
For all of his unintelligible nature, Buddy did not seem to have anything preventing him from understanding what he was being told. Regardless, he made very little to acknowledge this, simply giving Adelle some knowing looks as he was just coming out from the toilet. A strange creature, truly.

The alien gun woke up as it was picked up, looking at Adelle almost bored-like, as if to tell her that it was about time. The strange sac with the egg-like clumps inside was of course there to take along, so the bullets for it were available as usual. The rest of the guns were not quite that expressive, being made of lifeless metal and all that. None of that was of any impediment though, and the busty girl was free to collect her gear and get ready for a trip outside the city, a thing she had not really done since she had arrived there a few weeks back. It had been an interesting period in her life, to say the least.

Visiting the friendly neighborhood food store along the way, the girls eventually made their way back to Rachaela's, where Garagan was reliably letting them in again. He looked a bit surprised that they were back again this fast, but did what he usually did and pointed out that Rachaela was in the library upstairs.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
After getting everything ready and whatnot, Adelle headed on over to Rachaela's again and smiled to Garagan when they arrived. "Yeah we're back. Just thought I'd let Rachaela know what Rizzet told us and stuff," Adelle explained to Garagan as they went on inside.

After they did find Rachaela, Adelle would look a bit giddy as she got into the library. "Hey, your old master is pretty amazing. And he said he could help Rose out and stuff. But in exchange he wanted us to go and look for something outside of the city. Wants to know if wildlife has started regrowing and stuff, said something about a possible rumor that he'd heard or something," Adelle told Rachaela. "He gave me this neat little portable magic house thing too," she added, showing the thing very carefully so as not to drop it and the thing pop out.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"I did tell you that he was a stand-up old fellow, did I not? I was not lying, you know. But nature being recovering? That is a new one for me, I think it had been settled among the people who cared that we were not going to see natural forests again in a few lifetimes at least. Sounds like a good thing for this nuclear wasteland of a world we have the privilege of living in." Rachaela would comment on the interesting development. "Pretty much expected him to task you with something like that. Take care out there, the wilds wastes are home to all kinds of unsavory marauders and twisted abominations. And that house, yes, I have been inside it myself. Don't turn it on please, I'd hate to lose my library and the surrounding rooms if it expanded in here."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Mmm, I thought so too, but he apparently heard a rumor that he'd like investigated. And yeah I remember the two times I've been out there so far, and to be honest both times didn't go well. Let's hope that third time is a charm and stuff," Adelle replied with a nod before putting the little compact house up and sighing softly as she stretched. "Hopefully we won't be in too much trouble and can manage anything that might come our way. I've got Rose with me, and she's one of the strongest people I know aside from Lacri," she added with a confident look on her face.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Probably true, might take a bigger than average gang of wasteland bandits to get her down." Rachaela seemed to be inclined to agree that Rose was a good thing to have along for the trip. "I'm not quite sure how strong you see my good sister being, but she is not quite as durable as her augmentation might make her up to be. It still takes time to heal more grievious damage, and we're not entirely sure if she can survive a good old decapitation. Sure as hell aren't going to test it. And getting those really hard hits do seem make her lose herself in the pain for a while even if they don't cause any damage to prevent the body from working. She has a good bit of weakness to be exploited for sure, if one can make it past her fighting skills."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Yeah and with me supporting her from range, there's nothing that'll be able to take her down I think," Adelle said with a confident nod. "And of course, I wouldn't expect you all to test that, and... yeah... Lacri does seem to get pretty... into the pain sometimes doesn't she. Oh yeah guess who we ran into coming out of your old masters place when we were going in. Margaret," she went on to say, sighing when mentioning Margaret and looking a bit worried and... angry almost.

"I told Rizzet that you girls and Margaret had a... fallen out. I didn't tell any specifics though. I figured that was for you to tell him and stuff," she added.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Again, huh. Well, he doesn't really know much about it, he was not in the picture then. And doesn't seem to know still if she is a customer of his. I'll go and see him for some talk, but I won't know if that'll change his mind about selling gear to her." Rachaela would agree to at least do that much about it, even as she was uncertain about it producing any real results in this whole scenario.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Mmm, well I hope that he does change his mind, because Margaret's just... creepy as fuck. I mean it's his business of course. But still, if he's giving her some of the same stuff he's giving to certain other people, it could make her incredibly difficult to deal with," Adelle said with a nod before heaving a sigh and shrugging. "Well, I guess that's all, just figured I'd let you know about everything and where we were going and stuff. Just in case. Oh also, would you mind checking in on our place while we're gone for us? I'll probably ask Luna to come check back and stuff too, and my neighbor to keep an eye on the place and stuff as well, but never can have too much backup I guess. Especially with Miguel not liking me overly much right now and stuff," she added after a few moments before she'd look to Rose and prepare to leave, deciding to head to the bar to let Samson and the others if they were there know where she and Rose were going.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"I imagine I can do it, unless I'm busy with something else. I imagined you'd ask Mariela or Lacrimosa, given they live closer to you, but what do I know?" the tiny mage readily agreed to the request, having no issue with doing some house watch duty a few times. She would also point out that Luna might not be the most readily available option for the task, given her new appointment at the wizard tower and simply going back to the other two girls being decent options as well. "As for that neighbor of yours... He's probably the best one to do it, when he's at home. If he has Kozlov around with him, for some boy's time with vodka and all, it might get even more dangerous for any potential invader. They apparently have times when they come together with some other men and have some drinks and cards while they hit the sauna together. I might not be correct with this, but I think they have dealings with the Russian mafia group, and that is not a bear's nest anyone wants to bother when they have their down time. And I happened to overhear Kozlov talking about some meeting of comrades happening in the near future, so them being there might not even be that long a shot."

Leaving the mansion was a thing afterwards, and after taking a brief and somewhat dusty ride on the many city streets, the dynamic duo where at the bar, the impressive stature of Rose not being as big a deal as it had been a few days ago at this point as the regulars only gave them the usual passing looks. Kozlov was there in his regular seat as well, fiddling with a handgun this time around. It was a bit out of place to see him handling an unsurprising option, the Makarov 9mm semiauto, but he did seem to have a big old blaster around too, an LMG that had a bizarre disc magazine at the top. Kozlov aside, most of the unnamed male regulars seemed to be around, as were the staff, Mei at the door, Samson and Shiulin at their respective table and the two somewhat Japanese new hunters Adelle had seen before sitting with them, getting a briefing.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Well, I hadn't asked Mariela yet, but I'll head over there at some point today I guess, unless she's at the bar and stuff.And yeah Kozlov's friend from next door was who I meant. He seems really nice and everything, so I'm sure when he's not busy he can keep an eye out over there for me and everything," Adelle replied with a nod, preparing to leave and all after they had finished.

When they got to the bar, she parked her bike and headed on in, giving Mei a wave as she passed her at the door, and when she saw Kozlov's huge LMG sitting in front of him at his table, her eyes went a bit wide in awe. "Oh wow... is this a DP-27? It's beautiful," Adelle asked Kozlov as she admired the machine gun, the Russian man likely remembering just how much Adelle loved guns. "A-Also how you doing Koz?" Adelle asked the man after a few moments, blushing a bit as she remembered that he was actually there, and it wasn't just the gun that was there on the table.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Probably used to the amount of attention his guns got, Kozlov let Adelle have her looks at the thing on the table there. "Is DPM, later variant of DP-27 with some improvements. It's not very different from the original, so I understand not seeing difference. Pretty old, but I don't mind as long as she sings for me when I pull the trigger. Easy to maintain and low fire rate controllability just make it better. " the man would reveal that the busty girl was mostly right in her guess. Sliding the Makarov into a shoulder holster, the man leaned back on his chair a bit, having been in a more tense position before. "Would not say it's bad. Jobs have been good, my girl is recovering from the incident we had a few weeks ago. Also got some old comrades to meet soon, in a day or two. It will be nice to see them again after a few years."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Ah, well I know it's beautiful, and that's all I need really, hmhm," Adelle giggled softly about Kozlov's response about the gun. "And that's good to know. I'm glad she's recovering. And some old comrades you say? That sounds nice. To be honest, I figured I'd let you know just in case while I'm here, so you can tell my new neighbor if I don't get the chance to before tomorrow so he can keep an eye on the house for me. I'm leaving for a couple of days or so, maybe three, possibly a bit longer. I'm not entirely sure yet to be honest. But Rose and I are going out of the city for a job for Rachaela's old mage master Rizzet for him to help Rose out a bit with her hands and stuff. Hopefully we won't be gone for more than a couple of days, but you never know, and what with Miguel not seeming to like me very much right now, I figure it best to let all my friends know just in case," she went on to say, glancing around to see if Mariela was around anywhere,so she could inform her about Margaret and stuff.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Sounds interesting, maybe you can have good time out there. I'm sure Boris won't mind looking out a little more to see if things are going well, he does like the peace of the neighborhood afterall." the big Russian would say, certain that Adelle would have at least the neighbor to rely on in addition to Rachaela. As for Mariela, she or any of the other three did not appear to be present, as helpful as that might have been at the moment.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Aye, I was hoping he would at least. If you talk to him before I do, then would you mind asking him for me?" Adelle replied with a smile before waving the serving girl over and ordering herself a drink, her normal scotch that she liked to drink, and she'd ask Rose if she wanted anything to drink too and would order it for her as she sat there and relaxed a bit.