What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This is the OOC place to discuss anything related to the game.

When we're ready to begin, I'll post the first In Character thread.

My inclination is that the three of you won't know each other at first, but we will pick up the action with each of you on a road in the woods as the sun sets ahead of you below the dense tree line in the dying West. It will be a cold night. A misty night. And there are sounds in the woods. The creatures of the night, what beautiful music they make.

EDIT:

House Rules that have come into play:

1. Don't do rolls for future rounds ahead of time in IC posts. Rolls that are unasked for by the GM that don't pertain to a character's current turn will not count.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

So, how shall we begin the character threads? Are there any issues with Alesea/Vita? Or is all good? I uploaded her spell list via a PDF. Can you utilize that?

EDIT: Can barely wait for this to start right now. Have a fancy big bewbed dum farm girl tiefling :p.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Only intelligence 9. She's not THAT dumb. Hehe. Just hasn't had a city folk education.

I am excited too, but we are still waiting on another player to put their character in. I had intended to start everyone in the same thread, using some DM plot magic to bring your storylines together and let you meet each other and some NPCs.

If the last player doesn't feel that they will be able to post very consistently there is a small waiting list for the last spot.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Only intelligence 9. She's not THAT dumb. Hehe. Just hasn't had a city folk education.

I am excited too, but we are still waiting on another player to put their character in. I had intended to start everyone in the same thread, using some DM plot magic to bring your storylines together and let you meet each other and some NPCs.

If the last player doesn't feel that they will be able to post very consistently there is a small waiting list for the last spot.
At intelligence 9 she is below the average. Not to mention living out on a farm most of her life means she has a whole lot of supersitious thoughts.

Pervy! Hentaispodah! Post your character sheets :D.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pervy's sheet is on the sign up thread. If I knew the name and full backstory of Spider's character then I could start writing.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

On the other hand, if you two wanted to start sooner rather than later, I can open a scene and then Spider can come along once his character is up?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sidenote: I'd request that everyone post up a short intro to go along with their first post, I don't like reading other peoples character sheets, if I can avoid it, because metagamestuff.

On that note, continuing discussion here:

On the DMplothooking: I've written a few characters over the years. Indubitably I could make her build stronger.. Or I could have FUN.

Edit: Oh yes, and gear. You can take what is available to you from character creation. As for her 'Cutlass' we can treat it as having the stats of a Rapier. We can discuss its nature more indepth if you like. I'm tempted to give it an inherent 'silvered' quality. 5e is extremely non-magical gear oriented, so no one is going to start off with magic items. You'll have to find those. You can however start off with a weapon that effectively is silvered though. Otherwise, your gear should be obtained through standard character creation. If you really want something, PM me and we'll talk about it. Pirate-y gear would make sense for her.
Cutlass: That is what I presumed already.
I don't want magical gear per say, rather, I'd rp out her powers manifesting over her gear, basically, I'm dropping her power to cast a cantrip into her weapon for style.

Anyway, I shall now update my sheat with gears

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I like Rovana quite a bit. She looks fun. It will be interesting to see her personality during play and how it develops in the setting. I've got some ideas about both current PCs right now, but don't want to spoil anything by discussing around it too much.

I like the choices both of you have made, and I'm much more a story/fun over ideal builds player/DM.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ugh this 'Start with X y and z' is part of the issue with 5.0. Its limiting creativity and shoehorning players into certain roles. bleh.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What are you referring to, Pervy? What X, Y and Z?

If you're referring to the Personality Traits, Bonds, Ideals and Flaws. I don't consider those mandatory. I view them as things for beginners to consider or for people to use as inspiration. You don't need to read the book literally in that section, just pick what you want.

Golden rule is fun comes before rules.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

'you start with a weapon we think you need to use or another weapon we think you need to use and a backpack that makes is super easy for you not to have to think about some of the basics'

What if I want to have a Rapier-Cutlass, depending on setting either two hand crossbows or primitive guns to pew pew people with, name one Diplomacy, the other Main Argument, grab a few lemons against sailors sickness, A half empty barrel of rum and nothing else when I arrive at port? What if I don't want a leather armor and thieves tools but like half a dozen daggers to throw at folks and a single lockpick hidden in her boot, because I'm not gonna wear armor to deflect blows, but by running like crazy if in danger and fighting unfair, like:

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Theeeeeen you ask me, the DM, and if you can convince me it makes some sort of sense and I don't think it will overpower you, then sure, I'll probably allow it.

Gunpowder weapons aren't quite there yet in the setting, so I wouldn't recommend a pistol.

If you want a hand crossbow, replace it with whatever ranged weapon is doled out to you.

EDIT: Essentially, just put down the gear YOU want. If I approve it, then it's yours.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alrights. :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In character thread is up.

Spider: Your character is still in, I just will slip him into the story once he's ready. I needed to post this initial starting thread now because I would have had little time to compose it tomorrow or the day after, and I was eager to keep the momentum going for the other players.

Alesea and Rovana can feel free to interact how they like. They are naturally both at the same campsite and assuming they are not adverse to well-intentioned hospitality will be able to meet one another over a meal in the woods.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Already sent in a pm to you Blue, but also making a post here. I am having issues seeing the images in the spoilers for some odd reason. Tried doing quote and then copy pasting link but no luck. Images seem to be 1x1 pixel to me.

Any help available?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Responded in PM but I'll repeat here. The pictures work for me so I don't know what the problem is.

Spider I will work Tristam into next post.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Responded in PM but I'll repeat here. The pictures work for me so I don't know what the problem is.

Spider I will work Tristam into next post.
Are you sure the album is public?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are you sure the album is public?
It is public. It just seems to be a ULMF server issue over anything else. I think it has to do with the friend system? Cause I couldn't see the pictures before I friended Blue slime. Now I can see them.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Could be it, I am slimefriend and I can see the pictures fine.

Anywhoo, I figure Slimey wants to rp the parrot then? ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Parrot is your familiar he will do what you want. He is an NPC that is magically loyal to you. If you would rather I not RP him then he can just be more in the background.