What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

No clue about the forced march rules in 5.0, but its military tunes and she comes from a military nation, she'd propably cycle back to the beginning or rehop onto the wagon for a break after an hour. This just.. kinda fit to her mentality. ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just to let you guys know, there will be still a slight delay in response, but it's a holiday weekend coming up for me, so I will have time to do rapid response towards the end of this week.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just to let you guys know, there will be still a slight delay in response, but it's a holiday weekend coming up for me, so I will have time to do rapid response towards the end of this week.
Yey rapid response!
Boo thats a work-weekend for me though. :p

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

WOOHOO! Blue posted :D. Will be posting my own reply as soon as I have some free time. Which should be soonish, like in an hour or so.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@Diaga:

I also took a deeper look at the setting rules for Birthright and am making some story adjustments. Feel free to put your character sheet in the Through the Mists character sheet thread.
Here's a map for you to get an idea about where all the stuff in the PM is talking about.

Warning: Big

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@Diaga:

I also took a deeper look at the setting rules for Birthright and am making some story adjustments. Feel free to put your character sheet in the Through the Mists character sheet thread.
Here's a map for you to get an idea about where all the stuff in the PM is talking about.

Warning: Big
I just dled and saved that. Responded to your PM and put character sheet in thread. Also added WIP by backstory XD.

Now time to work on posty post in thread.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So I'm confused, is the birthright run a s a busidiary to the Mists campaign? Also.. yey, its tale telling that 2/3 players in your campaign want MOAR characters in with the third only withstanding because super busy. now!

*makes pirate noises, wanders off*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It won't come up blatantly in either campaign, so I'll just say that in my personal take on what happened, Barovia was once a realm within the world of Aebrynis, on the continent of Cirilia.

The Demiplane of Dread swallowed the realm and its inhabitants and brought them into its own version of the shadow world. The continent of Cirilia reformed as though it had always been in its current shape.

I'm also going to say that Aebrynis was the original world that Rovana was from before she was taken by Damia and the Vistani into Barovia.

Other than that, it's simply a different one on one campaign for Diaga.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interesting, considering what it could mean for Ludmillas backstory, depending on just how long ago her quest started.. though I doubt Strahd would let any bride of his live to be over 500 for self preservative reasons.

Either way, now you got me thinking about that world and Rovanas heritage, unless its more than fantasy plus game of thrones. What if Rovana is half noble *gasps*

Nah, more likely a pardoned pirate or somesuch. :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh. Let's leave that unanswered for now. Maybe if it ever becomes relevant, we can readdress it.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh. Let's leave that unanswered for now. Maybe if it ever becomes relevant, we can readdress it.
'No, you are a princess Rovana.'

'No.. no.. thats not true! Thats impossible!'

p.s. don't be ashamed Diagas, Bella already got my character with her sultry seductiveness too. ^^

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Diaga,

Your character's spell list links to Vita's spells, just FYI.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw, but Chill Touch is a necromancy spell, not a cold based attack (Like Ray of Frost).

Also, with respects to the NPC Gretta, do you want her to still be around? I can make her your houscarl guardian (professional soldier) and a part of Melena's retinue if you like.

Also, I hope you're all right with not being immediately a queen. You'll have claim, but as with any good Game of Thrones-y thing... there'll be complications.

Who knows, maybe a pirate princess will show up late in the campaign to ally with you? ;)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Diaga,
Who knows, maybe a pirate princess will show up late in the campaign to ally with you? ;)
I be positively enchanted with meeting yer, savy, me highness.

-still got to do Rovana fantisizing about being noble with Ludmilla. -

I don't know if the use of your familiar as distant talking system is permissable, if not, just change it to 'alert 'em of my coming'

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Diaga,

Your character's spell list links to Vita's spells, just FYI.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw, but Chill Touch is a necromancy spell, not a cold based attack (Like Ray of Frost).

Also, with respects to the NPC Gretta, do you want her to still be around? I can make her your houscarl guardian (professional soldier) and a part of Melena's retinue if you like.

Also, I hope you're all right with not being immediately a queen. You'll have claim, but as with any good Game of Thrones-y thing... there'll be complications.

Ack! I knew there was something I wasn't realizing with Chill Touch. Yeah I'd need to replace that with some spell. Either Ray of Frost or another. Will be getting onto that. Also updated both links that lead to Malena's spell list.

As for Gretta, yeah Housecarl guardian sounds good. Fighter or Barbarian class?

I am fine with Malena not being queen immediately. After all, she should still be on the training wheels :p.

Heh. Pirate Princess. Hahahahahah! Rovana would get along good with the Vos or Rjurik or, I think, Brecht?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know if you keep reciting the idea you'll tempt me for reals.

Vos or Rjurik or, I think, Brecht?
Lets see.. Vos: Barbarian The Vos have a rigid code of face and honor that demands blood for even unintentional insults. Eeeh. bit stuck up.. Vos men are warriors and hunters ? any other profession is considered unmanly. Vos women are greatly limited in their freedom by custom, although a few women have succeeded as warriors or tsarevas.
Nope, that ones literally Sylvie. ^^

Rjurik.. like asterix comics.. the Rjurik are stubborn individualists who don't swear fealty to anyone besides their own kin Now we're talking. Common Rjurik have a deep respect and love for Cerilia's wilds, and carefully avoid over-hunting or clearing virgin forest.
Living in the wind-swept land north of Anuire, the Rjurik make their living by hunting across the hills and moors of their territory.
Replace nature with 'the sea' and you're good to go.
The Rjurik rely on individuality to see them through, yet they also place a strong bond on the clan. They are nomads in the summer, but return to their halls at first snowfall, there to keep the cold at bay with feasts and roaring fires in the mammoth hearths.
Sold. Rjurik it is. Or perhaps was, in the past, going by Ludmillas account. The apperance most definitly fits too! ^^

Brecht.. looks the closest aesthetic outfits wise.. hmnn The Brecht are sea-faring traders Ah, targets.
Then again.. They generally won't fight a battle they're sure to lose, instead preferring to bargain their way out of it. Most of them won't betray friends for the sake of a profit, but it has been known to happen. This is not to say that they're entirely cold to the needs of others, but they do tend to weigh the costs and benefits of their actions.
Brecht lands are surrounded by mountains on one side and the sea on the other. They have been beaten once by a land-bound army, they're determined not to let it happen again. The passes through the mountains are now well guarded, and the Brecht see themselves as unbeatable at sea. Combine this with their skill at commerce, and they become somewhat full of themselves, viewing their position as unassailable.

Perhaps some Brecht-blood, but looks wise Rovana wouldn't fit to them. While she gets the strenght of wealth part she is most certainly not a merchant. I'd go with a Rjurik that really gets along with some Brecht mentality. ^^

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know if you keep reciting the idea you'll tempt me for reals.

Lets see.. Vos: Barbarian The Vos have a rigid code of face and honor that demands blood for even unintentional insults. Eeeh. bit stuck up.. Vos men are warriors and hunters ? any other profession is considered unmanly. Vos women are greatly limited in their freedom by custom, although a few women have succeeded as warriors or tsarevas.
Nope, that ones literally Sylvie. ^^

Rjurik.. like asterix comics.. the Rjurik are stubborn individualists who don't swear fealty to anyone besides their own kin Now we're talking. Common Rjurik have a deep respect and love for Cerilia's wilds, and carefully avoid over-hunting or clearing virgin forest.
Living in the wind-swept land north of Anuire, the Rjurik make their living by hunting across the hills and moors of their territory.
Replace nature with 'the sea' and you're good to go.
The Rjurik rely on individuality to see them through, yet they also place a strong bond on the clan. They are nomads in the summer, but return to their halls at first snowfall, there to keep the cold at bay with feasts and roaring fires in the mammoth hearths.
Sold. Rjurik it is. Or perhaps was, in the past, going by Ludmillas account. The apperance most definitly fits too! ^^

Brecht.. looks the closest aesthetic outfits wise.. hmnn The Brecht are sea-faring traders Ah, targets.
Then again.. They generally won't fight a battle they're sure to lose, instead preferring to bargain their way out of it. Most of them won't betray friends for the sake of a profit, but it has been known to happen. This is not to say that they're entirely cold to the needs of others, but they do tend to weigh the costs and benefits of their actions.
Brecht lands are surrounded by mountains on one side and the sea on the other. They have been beaten once by a land-bound army, they're determined not to let it happen again. The passes through the mountains are now well guarded, and the Brecht see themselves as unbeatable at sea. Combine this with their skill at commerce, and they become somewhat full of themselves, viewing their position as unassailable.

Perhaps some Brecht-blood, but looks wise Rovana wouldn't fit to them. While she gets the strenght of wealth part she is most certainly not a merchant. I'd go with a Rjurik that really gets along with some Brecht mentality. ^^
Weeeellll isn't that interesting? Rjurik-Brecht Rovana sailing the seas where sea leviathans roam about. Har har, harpoon them whales for their gold.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rjurik= Vikings
Brecht = Germanic seafarers
Vos = Russian/Baltics
Anuire = typical England/France feudal Europe
Khinasi = Spanish Moors/ Arabian kingdoms

Anyway Gretta will be a fighter. Loyal to you and all that.

I will get an intro post soon. Brace yourselves, winter is coming.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, Rovana may have Rjurik ancestry, but she definitely would have grown up in Brecht.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

winter is coming.
I think I saw a pron that used that once..

Also, Rovana may have Rjurik ancestry, but she definitely would have grown up in Brecht.
Actually that works. IC and OOC. Strong individualistic heritage mixed with a cunning, daring and slightly.. not 'straight edge' attitude. :p
OOC: Theres not much of a strong seafaring community among germans, germany has small coasts and denmark sitting on top of it, you might be thinking of spain going by the outfit in the picture, that said, potential Viking ancestry migrating south-east to germany pretty much fits the bill for me.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think I saw a pron that used that once..

Actually that works. IC and OOC. Strong individualistic heritage mixed with a cunning, daring and slightly.. not 'straight edge' attitude. :p
OOC: Theres not much of a strong seafaring community among germans, germany has small coasts and denmark sitting on top of it, you might be thinking of spain going by the outfit in the picture, that said, potential Viking ancestry migrating south-east to germany pretty much fits the bill for me.
No, I'm definitely thinking of Germanic.

Cerilia doesn't mimic the european continent perfectly. The Brechts' political system is close to that of the Germanic princes during the Renaissance. They have a reformed faith movement going on. However, the terrain of Brecht is vastly different to RL Germany. Geographically speaking they are unlike most places, but their defensive strategy mimics that of Venice, in that it's very hard to attack them by land due to mountains fricking everywhere, and therefore if they maintain a good supply control of the waves, their port cities are safe.

Essentially, Brechts are a bunch of port cities next to a string of mountains filled with dwarves and goblins and other typical underground nasties. It's a good thing because the Big Bad Evil Guy "The Gorgon" lives quite close, just on the other side of those mountains, in his Mordor-esque realm called the Gorgon's Crown.

EDIT: If Germanic seafarers still bothers you, just include the Dutch as well. They were actually seafarers IRL.