What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Alright, I'm waiting on Spodah to post since Tristam is first in and sneaking.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd like to know if Rovana has any previous experience with vampires.

I'm working on the assumption that PCs don't start out with a knowledge of the Monster Manual.

EDIT: Also, could you please roll Deception for your tall tale.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What is Rovana doing with that Rum and soaking Ink XD?

Also huzzah! Dumb farm girl doesn't even know what a vampire is. Or werewolves. Or basically any supernatural creature beyond goblin, orc, and lizard people. Maybe Kobolds. I dunno. Blueslime, verdict?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you're not an adventurer, and from a simple farm community, odds are you don't know much. So having this all be new to you is appropriate.

Tristam seems to be familiar with some undead and goblinoids.

Pervy's pirate probably should be familiar with ghosts and sea creatures. If she wants to put vampires in her background, I'd like to know what they were.

Also, the true horror of the Ravenloft setting becomes clear: there is no rum! Dun dun dun!

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hugging and rubbing the woman with comfort and hugs! Bewbs smooshing against her side and tail coiled around her! Kneeling right next to her!

Yeah! Comfort go go baby! Is charisma the correct attribute for this? Or is it wisdom?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd say that my pirate, having a multi cultural crew that traveled along for a while under a cursed captain has heard some basics about vampires, as much fact as fiction, that they can't enter houses uninvited and that they have to count grains tossed at them as much as more realistic things like holy water hurting them or holy symbols keeping them at bay. She'll also snatch the nearest mirror, thinking it can either drive them away or reveal them too.

How much of it applies to the vampires in this setting I utterly leave up to the DM, as I would the success of her.. plan there. After all, in common lore, from sparkling in sunlight over living at the titty twister to turning into large cats theres literally everything in common culture. Still, as A pirate-rogue it'd make sense to arm oneself as best as possible.

Basically, what she did was she created a holy symbol, in the sense that a holy symbol is something that you have true and strong convictions about. In my interpretation of a holy symbol in dungeons and dragons is not holdin two sticks together to form a cross, but something you present with true conviction, that leaves only one thing for Rovana. It may seem whymsical and chaotic and messy, drawn on a whim in a tavern but to me, that'd be exactly how THE CODE should function. *nods sagely*

Admittedly, I would be disappointed if it had not at least a bit of an effect on vampires.

Anywhooo, I'll give you two deception rolls, first for the taller tale early, then for the continuation.. nice!:
Roll(1d20)+6: 18,+6 Total:24

Roll(1d20)+6:7,+6 Total:13

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Can make a charisma check (persuasion) to calm her. @ Vita.

@ Rovana. You can have Rovana make a pirate holy symbol. No guarantee that it will have an effect, since all she has are old sailors stories.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Can make a charisma check (persuasion) to calm her.
@Me? Or at Pervy? Already did the roll. Got a 19 + 4 cha modifier - it in spoiler in post above Pervy's latest. Total 23. Don't have persuasion XD.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Was directed at you as I edited. That's a success. I won't be able to update IC until later today though.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't mess with pirate symbols!

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh yes. Especially after hearing that tale, snuggles must be had. *Nods Nods*

On another note additional Actions that Vita will take
1.) Go find Rovana in town, looking for a tavern or bar.
2.) Keep a wary eye out for any spooky scary stuff flitting through the town. (Need a perception roll for this? If so it is 2.)

Woohoo! Love it when posties happen. Hope they happen faster XD.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It seems we got two questlines. Rovana is in favour of aquire lasses, gold and be off rather than rescue, big shock.. wait, what story now? ^^

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Woo! Progress is happening. Now to wait for another 24 hours to pass for next round of posts ._.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can only post as quickly as real life allows. And as for questlines, there are lots of things going on, some of them are long term and some of them can be addressed immediately.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As long as theres posts happening, or theres an explanation for nothing is going on bi-daily I'm fine, as much as a faster pace would entertain, I still have to whip my own posting-horses. ^^

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can only post as quickly as real life allows. And as for questlines, there are lots of things going on, some of them are long term and some of them can be addressed immediately.
Actually refering to Spodah. I want some talk talks between spodah's soldier and my warlock. Hmmm pondering whether to keep being passive-annoying by posting here or poke spodah on visitor page.

As long as theres posts happening, or theres an explanation for nothing is going on bi-daily I'm fine, as much as a faster pace would entertain, I still have to whip my own posting-horses. ^^
Whip'em good! Whip'em till their begging for moars.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmn. Yeah, Spider, yous busy busy rl? I'd have Rovana rejoin quickly, Its not like you make giant posts that take a while to craft. :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I wanted to give some time for a Tristam response, but if by the end of tomorrow there isn't one, I will link the three PCs up.

I will also check with Blarg about introducing his PC, which may be slipping in as the party's native guide.

EDIT: Okay, new post is up with new PC character coming in.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Can Vita see Rovana and co as she walks to town center?

Going to prolly edit that into post after answered here.

EDIT: Got answered removed spoiler and stuff and added to main post.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, she can see Rovana. Everyone in the town square can see one another. There's not much else moving outside at this point.