What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Also, Rovana can get an Inspiration for good role play and dynamic thinking.
*Reads up what inspiration is..* yey! I is pirate!

All it takes is some good music, really.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright! Time to wait for reactions from others cause I'm assuming an interruption is about to happen?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright! Time to wait for reactions from others cause I'm assuming an interruption is about to happen?
It always amuses me when the evil/chaotic character has objectively the smartest plan but goodly morals get in the way.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, by your own admission, Rovana hasn't considered some very important aspects of the situation they face.

I didn't give you inspiration because it was the best, or even a good plan. I gave it because you caused an interesting moral choice and your impulsiveness seemed in keeping with the character.

In other words, don't take Inspiration to be the DM rewarding the logical play. It's most definitely not that. :D

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, by your own admission, Rovana hasn't considered some very important aspects of the situation they face.

I didn't give you inspiration because it was the best, or even a good plan. I gave it because you caused an interesting moral choice and your impulsiveness seemed in keeping with the character.

In other words, don't take Inspiration to be the DM rewarding the logical play. It's most definitely not that. :D
As I think would be evident in her Backstory Rovana is smart but not always thinking things through.
I usually build impulsive characters, cause that fits me though. A higher wis character would be more like 'ok how has the vampire gotten in before and can't we lay some sort of trap.' Higher int would ask if anyone has fought them, while at it, a description of abilities of the things he has. .. But those are boring, so I usually do high cha sometimes high wis. It doesn't 'pay off' to be too smart in lewd settings, unless you have a plan.

(Example, human alchemist with gripply heritage that WANTED to have sex with icky slimy things cause humans are bland and boring. :p )

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@Pervy, what sort of positioning is our characters entangled like? Cause, ^^, not sure if you interrupted Vita's attempt or let it happen.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I had read it that the two of you were playing around with each other a bit, or at least looking like you were rubbing each other. (Tail at least)

Ismark comes in when Rovana is trying to extract herself and Vita is trying to press up against her and have her make her promises for later on that night.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I swear I didn't -plan- for Rovana to become another one of my characters that are dangerous as soon as they begin talking. ^^

I dread I will pay for this with a nat 1 vs Futa Vampire Domination. *Whistles*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

normally Ismark wouldn't budge on this issue, but Rovana's explanation will make him offer a compromise.

Won't be able to post until later tonight and I'd like to give the other PCs time to respond as well.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

normally Ismark wouldn't budge on this issue, but Rovana's explanation will make him offer a compromise.

Won't be able to post until later tonight and I'd like to give the other PCs time to respond as well.
He could literally say no, screw you and she'd just go see if 'something decent' is hidden in the Wine cellar, she's the type to wander off alone.. but not under these odds.

.. though I think someone else will drag her off first. :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He could literally say no, screw you and she'd just go see if 'something decent' is hidden in the Wine cellar, she's the type to wander off alone.. but not under these odds.

.. though I think someone else will drag her off first. :p
I want to avoid saying 'no' straight up, especially when a player is creative and roleplaying appropriately, because if I do that then I'm just discouraging you from doing that later on.

I'd much rather throw it onto other PCs to talk Rovana down, rather than my NPCs. Like, for Vita, she's simple-minded, but she knows right from wrong, and morality should be something to consider for her - especially with the light and the darkness that she's carrying around inside of her. I've tried to play that up.

Morality is probably important to everyone in one way or another, hopefully even Rovana, especially with the idea of corruption. Hard to corrupt chaos, unless it's to impose order. I suppose a good undeadening could work - but being a vampire spawn limits player agency - mostly eternally. :D

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For one, no one tells you how vampire spawning works in YOUR game but you.

For two, I like a less forceful approach and thus play flexible characters on purpose, more of a transformation and lewdifying than an outright YOU IS EVIL NOW!
Would be weird to play such a character and then demand corruption anyway.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Binding Ireena is a good idea. Just need Tristam and Esvele agree to keep a good close eye on her...

Spider and Blarg, I will wait for a response from you before going forward.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wow! Apparently I am fucking up sending like ALL of my messages lately. My PM was sitting open when I thought I sent it like 5ever ago.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Blarg, spodah, posties pleasseeee?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Turning wine into rum.

Your move, Jesus. :D

I sent Spider a PM. Hopefully the pace isn't too rapid.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Turning wine into rum.

Your move, Jesus. :D

I sent Spider a PM. Hopefully the pace isn't too rapid.
Aand just like this Esvele got a new friend. *nods sagely*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Next DM post will need to wait until later today.

Can all characters please give a reaction to the proposed plan to tie Ireena up for the night. I'm curious to see where others stand on that.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Next DM post will need to wait until later today.

Can all characters please give a reaction to the proposed plan to tie Ireena up for the night. I'm curious to see where others stand on that.
XD. Welp, waiting on Ismark's thoughts on the matter outside of the dining room but can edit in 'assent' to Rovana's plan.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

XD. Welp, waiting on Ismark's thoughts on the matter outside of the dining room but can edit in 'assent' to Rovana's plan.
*gropes the asset*