What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Perhaps Vita tricking us all into foolishly believing her act!
But yeah I can totally see intimidation being a bloodline thing.

It is interesting from a mechanical point of view that Esvele has a low INT and is an Eldritch Knight, who use INT as their spellcasting modifier.
It irked me too when I first saw it but where in prior editions an int below 11 would have precluded you from spellcasting its actually buildwise ideal for EK, as you can pump your physical stats and use the magic as a supplement, kinda what Rovana is up to doing with warlock.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Beware Señor Strahd

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
[19:40] <BlueSlime> so you need a 13 or higher
[19:41] <BlueSlime> .d 1d20
[19:41] <Internets> :: Total 13 / 20 [65%] :: Results [13] ::
[19:41] <BlueSlime> *John Cena music*
[19:41] <Gargleblaster> Hahaha fuck.
[19:41] <BlueSlime> so you hold your wine like a suburban housewife

Just three pints of hooch on an empty stomach for breakfast
GYPSYSLAV LIVER STRONG

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Sylvia gonna om nom nom and then go check out the prices for silvered axeheads, but first letting others do a respond.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hey Blarg, the jester Esvele is talking about for wereravens is Rictavio or someone else?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Rictavio is the only one who is an entertainer type. He isn’t wearing a jesters suit though. He’s more like a ringmaster in a circus.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Right. I put my post up.

EDIT: Can anyone give me a refresher on what Bella and Offalia mentioned about the wereravens?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I think, gist of it, they said the wereravens would help against Strahd and to look for them at the blue water inn, and it wasn't a prophecy, more common knowledge.. and Rictavio just arrived at the inn so...
I personally don't think of Rictavio as a wereraven oocly. I think the owners, or perhaps one of the hunters would make for more likely candidates there. Admittedly, he certainly knows more than he lets on, is even helpful, but remember the story, he just came to the place, Bella and Offalia could not have known of him. I think best case he's a good guy in disguise (after all this particular towns ruler would let entertainers pass mostly unhindered, plus the elfish race helps make sure none think you a vistani) Worst case, he's a bad guy in disguise, investigating the were-ravens himself.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Were ravens apparently can see ethereal stuff, which hopefully we can learn to into or something, so we have some capacity to know when Morgantha is creeping on us. It also freaks Morgantha out I guess.

Also shit, I guess I meant the ringmaster not the Jester then.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Yes, according to Bella and Offalia, the were ravens can see ghosts and other things on the ethereal plane.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
One of you could try getting bitten.. pecked? by a were-raven, seems they are good aligned lyca's and then you too can see dead people!

Though, knowing Ravenloft logic, the earlier aquired werewolf strain takes precedence.

Then again, thinking about it, Esvele with her raven-familiar is supremely well equipped to find/befriend them.

"Then" she asked with drunken roar:
"shall we find were-ravens, we adore?"

Said the raven: 'Nevermore'
"I have had it, with your menace,
wrought in feathers dirt and more,
Quit your trolling, I implore!"

Quoth the raven...

Obnoxious-awesome bard is definitly high on my to do character list. Perhaps not fitting in Ravenloft. :p

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
When I get time to reply, I’m going to have Vita approach the half elf at his room door, since he was on his way there. Sylvia will be heading out of the inn towards the smith shoppes. Esvele and Ireena are still at the table.

Nevermore, the raven, does a little mental alert to Esvele that more ravens are gathering on the roof and are giving him funny looks.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
When I get time to reply, I’m going to have Vita approach the half elf at his room door, since he was on his way there. Sylvia will be heading out of the inn towards the smith shoppes. Esvele and Ireena are still at the table.

Nevermore, the raven, does a little mental alert to Esvele that more ravens are gathering on the roof and are giving him funny looks.
Aye aye. Is there more description of how Rictavio looks beyond ringmaster outfit + half-elf features?

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Rictavio appears of average male half-elf/human height with greying dark hair. He’s middle aged, but looks spry and dexterous. His eyes are light brown, and his hands have ink stains on them. His face at rest is pensive, and he seldom smiles. His boots are worn and flecked with mud from the road. He is probably near the age of Vita’s father.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Rictavio appears of average male half-elf/human height with greying dark hair. He’s middle aged, but looks spry and dexterous. His eyes are light brown, and his hands have ink stains on them. His face at rest is pensive, and he seldom smiles. His boots are worn and flecked with mud from the road. He is probably near the age of Vita’s father.
Hrm. Pondering if he is ero stuff.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
It depends, but due to her insight, Vita doesn’t think that he indicated interest in any of you

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
It depends, but due to her insight, Vita doesn’t think that he indicated interest in any of you
Damn. Tho honestly tempted if can get him to act as referee for 'streaking' game. If streaking game becomes doable later tonight unless serious business stuff pops up.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Suddenly wanting to sex up an undead vampire bride seems harmless by comparison. :p