Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: In Character

Sergeant Tristam Graysson
At the campsite
Tag: everyone

"Well... I was promised some treasure for my aid, which I might be inclined to share if you help me. And the offer appears to come from a noble of sorts, though low-ranking." Tristam interjects, at last letting Rovana see the letter she so seems to covet. Offering a faint smile to the tielfing, he takes the offered blade with a bow. "I prefer not letting the enemy get close enough to use one, but I suppose I shall need a silvered weapon. I promise I'll return it once I no longer have need for it."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
At the Campsite
Tag: All

"Hmnn.. baiting me with rum, alright then." She pondered, hiding another crossbow bolt in the rim of her hat, before slipping the remaining 23 into her belt. "Hmnn ooh... " She peered at the letter. "I like the sound of all my riches, though I didn't know you were a doctoring sorts. Have you considered serving aboard a pirate ship before? Anyway." She flexed, looking down the road.

"Alright then! While I could move along stealthily I doubt all of you can, so the only way to do this will be the merry way. A'ight then, I'll be your captain! Buckle up me sailors, I don't need a ship to sail. We head to..." looking at the letter again. "That rathole. Put something pointy or burny in the face of everything with more hairs than your grandpa, look angry and not afraid, damn mutts can smell fear, alright then! Along the road and onward, all lookouts clapped on paradise, all souls bound just contrarywise!" She grinned, waving to Damia, taking a deep swing from her now less than half filled bottle.

".. Yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum!"

With that she sauntered on ahead, down the street, confident.. and with one hand on her crossbow, just in case.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vita the Tiefling Warlock
At Vistani Campsite leaving with a smile on her face
Tags: All

The asked for kiss isn't one like she thought'd be. This isn't some young man from her village that had been seen as the most handsome, nay this is someone that knew how to kiss. Her head cradled gently in those hands. The taste of her mouth is the stew mixed with underlying sweetness, of that of a berry. A soft moan coming from her mouth as that kiss broke, mouth open. One simple deep kiss and she mewled like some weak cat!

"Ah-hah-hah. That- mmm uh haven't had such a kiss like that."
She flushed against him, keeping her head tilted so that her horns wouldn't be in the way. Her heart pounding as she giggled. "Uh you are the sweet talker here. As if a ah scrawny thing like me could keep you trapped here." As she smiled, tail wagging behind her like a dogs at those pleasurable words.

That hug released, she nodded saying "Mmmhmm! Definitely uh!" Tail-wagging still at that, swaying side to side, she had an extra step as she moved away, giving a delightful show of extra hip swaying, her tail swished comfortably, daringly coy to get eyes really popping onto her rear.

She tilted her head at hearing something in her head.

An odd look on her face, she smiled at Tristam's words. "Your welcomed!"

With all that said and done, she. . . walked down the street, making sure she had a delicious hip roll going! She really wanted to feel the stare of Ratka on her.

Dice roll for figuring out if she heard something in her head: 19 (Not sure on stat.)
Dice roll for eye catching hip roll: 17 (13 + 4 (cha modifier)

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

At the campsite

Shaking his head at Rovana's antics, Tristam strings his bow and makes sure the winebottle is secure and not likely to break before following along, quite enjoying the view yet finding it hard to focus on it instead of the surrounding forest, his bow in hand and ready to pull an arrow on a moment's notice.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Old Svalich Road, Barovia
Tag: The Heroes

The trio of wanderers left the bright wagons and in some cases admiring eyes of the Vistani camp. Damia fingered her new bracelet as she watched her fair captain march confidently down the dirt road, while her brother Ratka's eyes followed Vita's perfect rolling hips as he and the rest of the Vistani musicians played the visitors off with a jaunty tune. The music was happy and haunting at the same time. Something about it reminded each of the travelers of their memories of the sun.

inspirational Vistani-like music

It didn't take long for the ever-present mists to close in behind them and cut off the view of the campsite. All too swiftly the music faded as well and they were now on their own, closed in by a dense forest of beech-fir trees whose branches seemed to claw in an inconstant wind. Black pools of water stood like dark mirrors in and around the muddy roadway. The mist that swirled around and above them seemed alive - a twisting, tendriled thing that hemmed them in, always thicker behind them and just slightly lightening ahead of them. Any of the three who were claustrophobic would be feeling anxious, and at times it seemed as if the vapor were grasping at them, though in the end, unless they diverted from the road, they remained safe.

---

After just under an hour's walk, the fog spills out of the forest to swallow up the road behind the three of you. Ahead, jutting from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road, are high stone buttresses looming gray in the fog. Huge iron gates hang on the stonework. Dew clings with cold tenacity to the rusted bars. Two headless statues of armed guardians flank the gate, their heads now lying among the weeds at their feet. They greet you only with silence.

The gates are closed when you first lay eyes on them, but as you near them, they slowly open, screeching forward on their great hinges. Try as you might, you can see no sign of anyone nearby or beyond them who might have opened them for you. On the other side of the gates, you see that the road continues straight west for a brief time before bending southeast and hidden beyond more woodland.

With nothing but overbearing fog behind you, eventually you take your first steps through the gate and into Barovia proper. As the last of you clears the gate, the hinges screech again, and the massive doors close shut with a billow of fog chasing you, only to dissipate just at your backs.

Tristam looks up to a nearby branch that overhangs the road in front of them and spots a raven, sitting alone, staring down at them. Unable to exactly say why, the soldier believes that the bird is watching them deliberately. As they move forward, the bird flies along with them, to perch at another tree a bit further ahead, repeating the process.

"Rawwrk. Dead men tell no tales! Wee Woo!" Joe suddenly pipes up, then scritches at his feathers just below his eye patch. He then paces a bit on Rovana's shoulder. Through her familiar link, the pirate can sense that her parrot's spirit is a bit uneasy. Joe was getting a 'bad feeling' about all this.

Vita could swear she heard a light, mirthful chuckle in the back of her mind. It was definitely a man's chuckle, or at least, coming from a male voice. But it didn't say anything. The brightness inside of her kept her cheery and optimistic in the face of danger, but the darkness that was there as well seemed to be growing stronger. She was becoming more aware of the presence that she had first felt at the bottom of that hole just two days ago.

Soon enough, if Tristam didn't say anything, Rovana and Vita would notice the raven too as it flew on in front of them, keeping an eye on their progress. The group passed the towering trees, whose tops were lost in heavy gray mist, blocking out all but a death-gray light. The tree trunks were unnaturally close to one another, and the woods had the silence of a forgotten grave, yet exuded the feeling of an unvoiced scream.

Again, it was the ranger whose expert senses first caught the scent of death in the air. The smell of a corpse, not far off, somewhere in the woods on the left. The raven had perched at the spot just where the smell was at its strongest. It fluttered its feathers and cawed, as though, Tristam thought, it were trying to communicate to him. He saw surprising intelligence in its eyes, but would he leave the road to investigate the smell?

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Through the misty road

Its not quite a sea shanty, but the Vistani tunes will do.

Rovana stared the mists down as they wandered."Boy, that sure be some dreary day. Luckily I got me rum." She chuckled, taking another swig, and offering the parrot some too. "At least them gates are considerate. I don't like it, Joe doesn't like it less." She growled slightly. "That bird there looks as if it knows something. Joe, if he's up to any funny business you've got permission to keelhaul that sooty scallywag, a'ight?. I'd have you keelhaul him prior but such is limited in effect on avian perpetrators. Any of you smell anything funny? Smells like adventures to me.." She gave the raven a 'I'm watching you' sign, peering over to the other two.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Travelling on Old Svalich Road, Barovia
Tag: Spooky Scary Outdoors

The music of those traveling folk played them off. She hoped that Ratka enjoyed the view, even as a happy flush settled on her face.

"Ah. Thats ah surprising. Gates op'ning themselves? Especially big ones like those. I wonder how they did that?" She mumbled her thoughts aloud as she passed on the other side of the gates, having seen them both open and close.

Another oddity poking at the back of her mind. A chuckle. She peered at the fog and surrounding woods covered in said fog. She didn't see anything funny besides a bird. A raven she thinks it is. Or maybe a crow.

"Did anyone else hear someone chuckling beside uh, you? I felt like I uh ah, heard a chuckling from a man." She spoke with a slightly confused, but light tone. "Whats wrong with the avi-an raven? It is uh just perched over there." This is the first time Vita is noticing the raven, without Tristam intervening earlier and telling her about it.

Perception Roll: 3 (No bonuses)

"What funny smell?" Vita asked with a confused expression.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Misty again. Tristam was starting to have a sneaking suspicion that the mists were a common feature hereabouts. Keeping mostly to himself, Tristam merely answers any questions he's posed. The creepy gates give him a pause, but there's nothing to be done about it, so he merely continues to follow the others.

As he notices the bird keeping an eye on them, the scout nearly fires an arrow at it... yet, it might be someone's familiar or something, and he certainly didn't want to piss anyone off until after figuring things out. "I do believe it might be trying to show us something." Tristam replies to Vita, nocking an arrow and going to see where the corpse smell is coming from.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Tag: Tristam, Vita, Rovana (and Joe)

The veteran scout steps cautiously off the road and into the thick growth of the Svalich Woods. The foul scent leads Tristam to a human corpse half-buried in the underbrush about fifteen feet from the road. The young man appears to be a commoner. His muddy clothes are torn and raked with claw marks. Crows have been at the body, which is surrounded by the paw prints. The man has obviously been dead for several days. He holds a crumpled envelope in one hand, sealed in orange wax with the letter B as the insignia. There appears to be a worn and flimsy parchment inside, as the envelope has take some weathering damage.

The raven caws as Tristam stoops down to take the envelope. It reminds him of the one handed to him by that stranger in the waystation. The man who had given him that bottle of wine and challenged him to come here, to this dismal land, searching for his lost honor.

With a sense of trepidation, the ranger opens the letter without a second thought, unfurling the parchment inside and reading, with growing concern how this letter is both alike and yet drastically not alike to the one he had been given. It reads:

Hail thee of might and valor,
I, the Burgomaster of Barovia, send you honor - with despair.
My adopted daughter, the fair Ireena Kolyana, has been these
past nights bitten by a vampyr. For over four hundred years,
this creature has drained the life blood of my people. Now, my
dear Ireena languishes and dies from an unholy wound caused by
this vile beast. He has become too powerful to conquer.
So I say to you, give us up for dead and encircle this land with
the symbols of good. Let holy men call upon their power that
the devil may be contained within the walls of weeping Barovia.
Leave our sorrows to our graves, and save the world from this
evil fate of ours.
There is much wealth entrapped in this community. Return for
your reward after we are all departed for a better life.
Kolyan Indirovich
Burgomaster

Gripping this letter of melancholy and despair in his hands, Tristam hears the howl of a wolf, only a short distance away. To his trained ears, it sounds like a large and particularly vicious one. The mist, he notices, is swirling about him, menacingly.

The caw of the Raven near the roadside gets more intense. It flaps its wings.

"Rawrk! Uh oh! Uh oh! Wee Woo!" Joe exclaims, also flapping his wings.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Through the misty road

Rovana peeks over the Rangers shoulder curiously. "Right. So theres vampires and all my cannons are on board my ship, which is stranded at a harbor, half a day away. Short of that and the wolves its good looting. See, I'm not an expert on wolfing, but that poor sod was killed, but not eaten, means he was killed with intent. Takes a human for that, or somethin that be thinking like one.

Also, this mist is ruining my buzz."
She growled, drawing her cutlass.
"Plan hasn't changed for me, go grab the riches and get out, now, preferably taking a holy symbol along for those bleeding bloodsuckers. What are ya waiting for, I'll cut a path through the mists so theres no suprises. Calm down Joe, its just some wolves and walking corpses."
With that she marched back to the road, past the raven. "Whatcha lookin at?"

She pointed her blade, explaining: "First, we gotta get rid of that crappy fog in our immediate vicinity, I don't like someone with worse eyes and a sharper nose gettin' tha drop on me. What works at see will work in mist." She nodded, then cut her blade down, holding the edge outstretched before herself and focusing..

(Between Gust and Shape water she should have a pretty easy time of clearing a path through the mist)

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Off Old Svalich Road, at a well-preserved corpse

Vita's heart skipped a beat at the sound of the howling wolf even as she peered around at the mist. Trying to figure out where that noise is coming. Fear for herself, fear for what is approaching. . . Knowledge coiling in her mind. "False Life." She spoke softly even as she blinked. She really did need to figure out where she is getting all of this from.

"Eh? The letter, may I took a look and read?" She questioned Tristam, after seeing the blond captains well dramatic reaction just from peeking over the shoulder. She wasn't sure about the military man's emotions.

She'd follow back behind Rovana as nodded and tried helping in her own fashion. Focusing again to bring out that light, she felt the flickering flame once more in her hands.

False Life HP Roll: 7 (3 + 4)

(Casting Produce Flame to have a small ball of fire ready to throw out.)

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Checking the corpse for any obvious cause of death, Tristam notices it bearing a letter with a seal that matches the one he had gotten. Opening the letter, he quickly reads it and shows to the others. "Curiouser and curiouser. First werewolves, now vampires." Looking around, Tristam checks the sun's position. "We should probably stick to the road if we want to make it to the village by nightfall."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Old Svalich Road

Joe ruffled his feathers, but seemed to calm down a bit, thanks in no small part to Rovana's bravado.

"Rawrk! Shiver me timbers! Wee Woo!"

With her cutlass drawn, Rovana was able to push back the mist and part it as she went forward. The mist recoiled as the power of the blade warded it off, but always, it seemed to seep back into its original place, as though it were a living thing, or directed by some unseen malevolence. Nevertheless, the blade proved up to the task to guide their way back to to the road, where the mist was lighter and not so obscuring. The path forward remained manageable. The raven fluttered away from Rovana's glare and perched instead upon a far up branch. It cawed and looked about the landscape, then, once everyone was on the road again, it flew away, into the sky.

Vita guided the party with her produced flame, and her body filled with warmth as the undying light from within her bolstered her stamina temporarily. She found that when she activated this ability, the darkness inside of her seemed dulled or subdued, as though it did not wish to challenge the light.

For his own part, Tristam could not accurately place the position of the sun, due to the skies being extremely overcast. The wooded valley that they were in was covered only in a ghostly gray light to differentiate it from the darkness of the night. Still, at his best guess, there would be time to reach the village by nightfall, assuming what the Vistani had told them were true.

Once the three of them were back on the road and moving forward again, the howls faded, though every once in a while, there could be heard a panting and the occasional crackling of branches and dead leaves underfoot to both the left and right.

Despite the feeling of foes nearby at every step, the adventurers would discover no foe blocking their path. Onward they traveled, further into the valley until after another mile, the woods gave way in density and ceded to abandoned pastures of rocky soil, lightly pack groves of trees and a few ruined shacks and farmhouses. The earth here appeared labored and malnourished.

After another mile the heavy mist swirled one last time in front of them, but with her cutlass out, Rovana parted the vapors aside, and as she did this, she perceived a haunting, spectral figure in the fog - one that had been with her since the day she had washed up out of the sea on her first ill-advised voyage. The ghostly pale female figure, drenched in seaweed, her face hidden by long black hair spilling out of a torn cowl pulled over her head.

"Be careful..." The ghost whispered, her voice haunting and sorrowful. "He watches you."

Never before had this apparition spoken to the pirate. Yet now it did so, and in warning.

Suddenly, Vita shrieked, having seen the ghost. Instinctively she chucked the bolt of flame in her hand, flinging it past Rovana's head and striking the spirit straight through its center. The ghostly image scattered and faded away into the mists. With the spirit now gone and the mists rolled back, the party could see the tall shapes of village townhouses in front of them.

A small wooden signpost stood at the edge of town and etched on it was the name "Barovia Village" The collection of houses were in terrible shape, looking as though some of them had not been touched or repaired in centuries. Everything was falling apart. The cobblestone streets were damaged and waterlogged with squelching mud.

The group stood at the eastern edge of the village, with the Old Svalich Road running through the heart of the town before turning southwest and leading out of the village. The windows of each house stare out from pools of blackness. No sound cuts the silence except for mournful sobbing that echoes through the streets from a distance.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Over the misty road, Village entrance.

"Aye, shiver me timbers. An' thats better, I ain't lettin no wet air and dead fool stop me from some good booty, gotta honor me brethren." Rovana said, satisfied with her mist-shooing abiliites and sheating her blade once again, patting it with satisfaction.

"Ye'd be great to have about for late night reading, albeit that may not be the activity most relevant to ones plans with you late at night." She praised (?) the Tiefling.

She didn't like the idea of wolfs herding them and made a mental note to express her dislike at the nearest canine at the closest opportunity. She was fully intend to scare others.. not get scared herself, as far as she was concerned. Matter of factly, there was the apparition

"Oh damn old Molly you're supposed to haunt the ship, not me. Wait.. huh? Who is? That vampire? Don't worry, I ain't scared of some tosser that couldn't even stay alive proper." Admittedly, when she had seen the ghost the dubbed 'drowned Molly' for the first time, she had been running away and even now it was eery.. but, telling the pirates that this was A) The ghost of another captain that dared to challenge her B) A Navy admiral trying to hang her even after death or C) Her own soul, drowned for being too nice, had done wonders for her fame.

She did unleash a bit of her tension with a yelp at Vita. "What do ya think ya're doing ya Scragborn, Ya could have gone ther and plum done burned me bloody head off!" She vented a bit of her anger at the tiefling but was quickly distracted by the town ahead.

"Well bloody hell, this shitehole looks like tha only treasure to be gathered here would be gathered by mold-collectors!" She growled, stomping forward with gusto.

"The Sergeant will want to check out the sobbing, no doubt, just scream if it turns into something ugly. I intend to be unassociated, sobbing folks are always trouble, exspecially if they sob because of you. One of these houses got to be a bar, luckily, some liquor actually gets better when it gets old, plus, silver lining, vampires aren't gonna take your rum. means there be already worse things to face."

She nodded, then investigated around for a bar, an in.. or at least a place with a proper booze stash potentially.

Roll(1d20)+1:
11,+1
Total:12

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Off Old Svalich Road, at a well-preserved corpse

The letter is dastardly. It ran contrary to what the fine folks with their colorful clothes spoke of. "Thanks ah Tristam." Nodding her head to him.

The darkness in her quailed. The light flowing through her even stronger as she had casted it! Nothing felt loss at all. She should try and figure out a way to keep this always on. But how would she go about doing that? A circling thought running through her head.

"Oh ah that's really amazing. You broke ah the mist up like breaking eggs of their shells." She looked backwards at the mist, menacing, her tail drooped as the mist rolled back together as they passed through it. "Yessum! Why would anyone be spending their time ah sleeping at night? The best way is ah getting a good night sleep and snuggling!" As Vita spoke that last happily.

As she stepped behind Rovana, hearing the blond captain speaking to- "AAAHHH!" She shrieked, loudly, the ball of fire in her hands whipping and being slung so quickly at that figure. "GHOOOSST!!" As threw it hard and fast. The fire singing as it sailed through the air like a molten ephemeral rock! Going straight through the spectral figure, dissipating it as if it never was there.

"Haah haah." She gasped loudly, breasts rising and falling slowly. "It-that-it was ah ghost." Vita shuddered sying, her voice timid at that vented anger as she hunched herself. "Ah am sorry." She ventured after a pause her heart beating wildly even as she looked around for that ghost to reappear only to see the town.

The bad looking village, looked as if no one gave a care about its appearance. No one tried tidying it up and putting things to right. It felt worse seeing this place. It brought up the harsh memories. . . Her own village torn and broken, she paused in a daze at the front of the village, barely within the village itself just standing there looking at it and around with a torn expression. Disgust and sadness.

"UUuuah. This place. What ah dump! Even the lay-a-abouts in me village weren't ever this lazy! The person in ah charge would always kick them back to work!" Vita mumbled to herself under her breath.

Vita looked off at the bewildering streets. She looked between Rovana and Tristam, the blond captain already deciding to hit a bar. The indecisive Tiefling just stood there looking back and forth between them and the getting further ahead figure Rovana. "Ah, erm, why does Rovana keep mentioning Vampires?" She questioned Tristam. "If you are going to find that ah sobbing, then ah I will com'ith you." She nodded. The disturbing sobs no doubt needing cheering up. Especially in a cruddy place like this.

Roll to hit Spectral Ghost Molly: 23 (17 + 4 + 2)
Damage Roll: 11 (7 + 4)

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Folding the letter again, Tristam slips it into his pocket and continues after the others. "Damn mist. I'll need a new bowstring before the day is done, if this keeps up." Shaking his head, Tristam avoids looking directly at the light... in a fog like this, it could make him miss details even if it wasn't dark outside.

The ghost was another shock, though before he decides whether to do something about it or just run away, Vita puts a bolt of flame through it. "Werewolves, vampires and now a ghost. I wonder which god cursed this place." Looking around reveals that the village was practically made to be haunted, and the sounds of distant sobbing carry to his ears by some quirk of the atmosphere. "Might as well," Tristam replies to Vita. "I suspect the locals might not take kindly to strangers knocking on their door anyway, so it's either that or finding an inn or tavern."

Keeping the bow at his side, Tristam starts carefully making his way towards the sobbing, not wanting to be spotted before he can see what's the source.

Stealth check: 14+5=19

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Village of Barovia
Tag: Tristam and Vita

The visitors to this strange land walked down the dirty, empty streets towards a town square, where upon they split up. Vita and Tristam were drawn to the sound of loud, haunting sobbing coming from a two story townhouse that stood a couple doors away from a building called Beldrith's Mercantile, by the painted sign that hung above it.

Following the moaning and sobbing, they entered into the townhouse, which looked as though it was in better shape on the inside than the outside would have suggested. The wracking cries came from just up the stairs, so the ranger and warlock moved up the creaking steps cautiously.

In the middle of a bedroom, a middle-aged woman sits, gently rocking back and forth, clutching a malformed doll to her bosom in a vise-like grip. She looks incredibly malnourished and fatigued, perhaps on the border of delirium. She hardly notices the two outsiders enter the room. She simply continues to rock back and forth, sobbing and clutching the doll.

"My... my poor girl... my poor Gertruda..." She chokes out the words, her body wracking with more painful sobs as she mentions the name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
DM
Village of Barovia
Tag: Rovana and Joe

While her compatriots checked out the needs of the seemingly downtrodden, the dread pirate took the opportunity to find drink and maybe a place to put her boots up while finding some information. Instead of turning south with Tristam and Vita, she looked north at the main square, and saw the largest building with chimney smoke coming from its top, and decided to start there.

The sign above the establishment had originally read Blood of the Vine Tavern. However, someone had crossed out the 'f' and replaced it with an 'n.'

Entering through the heavy doors, she found this tavern to be disappointingly short on business. The roaring fire in the pit gave little heat on this chilly night, offering its pitiful warmth to only six people besides Rovana. At the bar, a large man with a thick, black mustache stood, wiping wine glasses with a cloth. He worked like an automaton, slowly and efficiently, with no emotion on his face. He did not react to Rovana's presence.

The other five did all look at the newcomer. Three women dressed in colorful clothes of the Vistani glanced at the pirate, their eyes narrowing, then turned back to whisper to one another, continuing with whatever quiet gossip they had already been discussing.

At a more central table sat a man and a woman. The man was a blonde human, with wavey hair and dressed in leather armor. He had a strong warrior's build and had a longsword by his side. He had a glass of wine in front of him, and sipped it as he eyed the visitor over the rim of the glass. If she returned his gaze for any length of time, he would offer a smile.

Beside him sat a dusky skinned elven woman with dark hair, and a similar warrior's outfit. She wore a corset that highlighted her figure, embedded in which was a green gem, possibly an emerald. The most striking thing about her appearance was her eyes. They were as green as the emerald, and glowed eerily. When she looked at Rovana, she smiled as well, though hers was less genuine and more... predatory than the man sitting next to her. She leaned over to him and whispered something.

After she had spoken to him, the blonde man stood up and walked towards Rovana. Up close, she noticed that he was wearing a thin leather collar with an iron ring in the front around his neck.

"Good afternoon," he says. "It's not often that we see a new face in Barovia these days, and yours is most welcome. My name is Ismark Kolyanovich. The lady and I would be most pleased to have you join us. At the very least, we can buy you a drink."

"Rawwrk! Yo Ho! Yo Ho! Wee Woo!"

Ismark chuckles. "A fascinating creature. I've never seen a bird like it. And it speaks!" He then waits for an answer, with his companion still seated calmly behind him, sipping her wine and looking Rovana up and down with those haunting eyes and crooked smile.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Pub
Tag: DM

"Free booze? Sure. But I'm taking proper rum, none of that cheap elven wine crap." She sauntered over, easily lured by the promise of booze. "This is Joe and aye, no way to really stop him from speaking ever, I've tried. I'm Captain Rovanna.. and you, go straight to business" She nodded, lazing herself down on a chair. "You want something. Oh and a cracker. A cracker for Joe while you're at it, much oglibed." She leaned back, holding against the womans gaze."There always so few customers? You couldn't even start a tavern brawn if you wanted to!"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ismark and the Elven Lady
Blood of the Vine Tavern
Tag: Rovana

The elf smiled at the wine comment, revealing that her canines appeared slightly sharper looking than normal.

"The only alcohol produced in Barovia is wine, my dear," the elf said. "Made by humans, not elves. The quality, I grant you, has lessened over the years, but it serves its purpose. Now. Ismark, you have failed to introduce us properly."

"Ah, my apologies, Lady Verdova. This is the Captain Rovana, and good captain, this is the Lady Jasmina Verdova, my mentor and my..."

The elf crooned her head towards Ismark has he hesitated, and caressed his cheek with the back of her hand.

"Mistress," he added. "She is quite skilled with a blade and has been teaching me the art."

"Mm, yes. And you are a fine... pupil. Quick to learn in some things, less so in others, but we will work on that, yes? Now go fetch us some more wine and a cracker for one-eyed Joe here." Jasmina said before turning her green eyes and toothy smile back to Rovana and her pet. As Ismark got up to leave, the elf gave him a light slap on his ass. The blonde man gave a grunt of surprise, then with a slight blush he moved over to the bar to talk with the tavern keeper.

"Poor boy. Quite the lovely specimen, but he's been so distracted as of late, what with his father dying, to really pay attention to orders. And that won't do at all." Jasmina sighed wistfully.

"Ah but look at me, entirely caught up in my own thoughts. What was that you asked my dear? Customers? Oh, they come by steadily enough, but this tavern is never full. Have you seen this village? If a place could be said to be in a state of undeath, then this is it. The wine is one of the few things that keeps these pitiful people's minds off of their own doom. Mm... Ismark is one of the few good ones. Well, him and his sister."

At that point, Ismark came back with three full glasses of wine.

"Here Captain," Ismark said, placing a glass of deep red in front of her. "I asked if he had rum, but I'm afraid there was no luck. This is the best vintage in the house though. A Barovian specialty. Purple Dragon Crush, it's called."

The elf snorted and shook her head. "These names you humans come up with are so uncouth."

Ismark smiled at that but did not address the comment, instead sipping his wine, before speaking to Rovana once more.

"If you don't mind, may I ask where you are coming from? You look like someone who can handle herself. Few women walk so boldly with a sword by their side, this close to the Devil's domain. Most of them are seated at this table, to my knowledge. "

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Pub
Tag: DM

"NO rum huh..." She sat down, looking sour, listening to the twos banter, but quickly adjusting her gesturing along the way.

"Alright, listen up closer." She looked at the wine as if it annoyed her. "I actually can't drink something like that, that'll weaken tha spirit." She watched the two. "Where I come from? well, I'm captain of a scout-squad of the Reaver ship and one of my men discovered a strange letter requestiong aid. When I saw this abandoned seeming village I went ahead with my battlemage and my scout-Lieutnant, getting a better picture myself. You see, a bunch of loyal but drunk combattans can cause more trouble than they solve.

Had to deal with some wolf creatures on the way, but more concerningly, I heard there were vampires..

Anyway, if you have no proper booze can da fellow find me some ink, charcoal and at least one page of good, but not necessarily clean paper? thankes."

The pirate captain,, very relucantly, used up her remaining rum to mix it with the ink, filling it into the bottle, then, poking her finger, added a few drops of blood for good measure, before proceeding to roll up the parchment During her work she explained: "Barnacle sucking werewolfs outside the city.. Just put something pointy into 'em, Ai'ight? But them vampires are a lot harder. Without proper sunlight you gotta move past them and loot what you can, preferably some good rum and the secrets to a long lost pirate treasure or something.." She growled slightly, shaking her bottles strange concoction.. "Give it a few minutes. It has to soak." She informed, then resumed the small talk.

""So, whats the next place you know that -does- have rum?