What's new

A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

Strahd et al.
Dining Room, Castle Ravenloft

You covered a bunch of actions, while at the same time instigating a sequence with Strahd, so I'll cover these things in order.

"Gertruda, sleep." Strahd waved his hand, and the remaining human woman's eyelids slid shut and her body pitched gently forward with a small thud and the clatter of china and silverware being displaced as her face pressed against the table. He then listened and waited.

Rovana's blade allowed her to conjure a sudden gust of wind that blew through the first chandalier, snuffing out some, but not all of the candles, and sent the hanging lighting swinging to and fro. The shadows on the wall lengthened, except for Strahd's and her own, which now seemed as if they were a part of a world apart from the rest of reality. Neither shadow followed its owner's movements, and now with a sudden coldness rippling through Rovana's spine, the vampire lord's shadow seized the neck of the pirate's shadow and overwhelmed it, merging the two together. The coldness enveloped all of Rovana's body for a brief moment, and then it was as if some mystical tether had come loose, and the pirate felt fine again, save for the nagging feeling that something had gone missing.

"I have not forgotten what you are. Indeed, I see more clearly. You are a mouse who has realized it is in a nest of vipers. I do not need to possess your powers, little mouse. I need merely utilize them or bury them away... but I will lay a dominion over your flesh, since you invite me to do so."

He paused as she declared her lack of fear for all things save the Code of Pirates, but as her threats went on and on, he chuckled more and more, a sneer of mockery as he raised his glass to her.

"Well, well, that IS an impressive list of boasts. Do you not think you give too much away in your rush to appear brave? And so what if you are brave? Hm? What do I care if your heart is strong enough to not be frightened? It tells me you are a fool, Captain Rovana. For there is good reason that mankind is afraid of the dark - and *I* am that reason."

He then drained his glass and set it down before him, a red stain upon his lips. During this time Rovana had moved to test the bronze doors behind her. They were locked, but not through the mechanism itself. Some force was holding the doors closed. Perhaps with great effort she could pry the door open, but she'd have to make a determined attempt with all her strength.

"I have offered you payment for your services. You have chosen to draw and brandish your blade and insult your noble host - and give away what you consider important with your vacuous threats. You intend to steal Ludmilla from me, do you? Let's put that to the test, shall we? Ludmilla."

The vampiress' head snapped to look at Strahd, her body twisting in a sinuous, enraptured motion.

"Yes, my master?"

"I will give the Captain Rovana a minute's head start. Then you will find her and drain her to the brink of death. Then, you will bring her before me again, so that she will learn how to properly appreciate her betters."

He turned back to the captain, and with a wave of his fingers, the bronze doors unlocked and became slightly ajar.

"You're welcome to try to convince her not to do this, of course, Captain Rovana. Who knows? Maybe your bravery or your passion or your precious Code will make her ignore my direct command? But if you have a doubt about any of those chances, I suggest you either convince me to withdraw this lesson, or start running."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Dining room

Rovana wasn't sure what the shadow show had been, but frankly, she wasn't keen on finding out. Then again, between the curse of Dagon and where she was, she remained calm.. if only because panicking more than she already was, was quite impossible.

"See that be the difference. On a pirates ship the mice are tough bastards and wil even eat snakes on a rough week." Had she given things away? Damn it! She cursed inwardly. "Pfah you think Ludmilla is important to me?" She said, though her smile for the first time froze up. It was subtle. She was a good lier, but not good enough for a centuries old vampire that had seen all sorts of things. Why, it was propably not even good enough for Ludmilla either.

She narrowed her eyes at Strahd. "Eh, screw it." She extended her arms. "I be a bastard, a lier a ne'er do well, but you know what, you be the one that doesn't deserve her. You got a lot of playthings already and still you go grab more and frankly, I never wanted her given to me. She's not a piece of jewelry or somesuch. I know why you keep hunting for more and more women, because as you slay them and make them your puppets you take away every excitement there was.." She sheated her blade.. it hadn't done her any good, propably it wouldn't in the future either.

"Also, Count, we both have a habit of giving away too much when talking. You just told me that, at least for now, you need me alive. You can raise the dead with ease.. but I assume that, either I might lose something crucial for you, or perhaps it just takes a while, you did not just revive Tristram infront of us after all.

So, you dare me to try and have a direct command of yours defied by my beloved Strahd? Lets make this a gamble, admit it you like those from time to time. If I manage to make a lier out of you, you'll give back whatever you just took."
Rovanas grin widened to a maddening degree.

"It may seem impossible, Ludmilla. To defy the great Dark Lord Strahd. Oh I will admit he is powerful, overwhelmingly so. But I am The Reaver. And I tell you. Ludmilla, by the time you find me, you will give me blood, not take it." She extended her arms and smirked. The Pirates codex told you one thing. Bargain with everything you have.

She smirked up to Strahd, sending a glance to Ludmilla. It was grateful. She had told her of the pirates strength. "Bet you wont see this coming." She said, moving back past the doors and drawing her blade again. It was all in out, in out with this one today. The first rule of being interrogated is that you are the only irreplaceable person in the torture chamber. This is your time, so work it. If they threaten you with death, show them whos boss. Die faster.
Rovanas hand tensed up for a moment as she turned around, looking down the hall. Why was she doing this in a castle of vampires. Even she was beginning to think herself crazy.

Then she slid the side of her neck, with a splattering of red upon her sharp, cursed cutlass. Then she ran. "Oww fuck! Sharkshit! Now then!" She rushed forward. If I give myself first aid I'll make it. But if I don't run, I wont make it. So.. got to run.

She thought to herself, as her dress became stained red. "Joe, 't was an honor serving by your side. Just kidding, ye're a damn bastard, but .. ye deserve ta sail with a good captain. Not sure I can be it." She coughed, catching herself before stumbling on, red dripping upon the castle floor.

"The code be clear.. if ye wish ta safe yer own hide, I'd respect it.." She gritted her teeth, pushing on, even as her vision became blurry and she rushed.. where.. she didn't know. She was just running to get distance, whatever looked like the best route of escape would do for her. "Got ta say, I be damn good at cuttin' things, eh?" She gave a weakened grin, using her blade as a walking stick to push on now, with red running down her arm.

intentionally failing bluff on Ludmilla this time cause she would.

I figure I can coup de grace my own character for a nasty bleeding, the rest is obviously rp fluff. Beyond that.. double move dash option with rogue.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Castle Ravenloft Main Floor

[I'll assume you're dashing and bleeding every turn from here on out. Quick decision times for you on where to run.]

Strahd and the others stared at her, with Ludmilla straightening ever so slightly, squaring her shoulders as Rovana confessed that she did have feelings for Ludmilla. The Count raised his chin, as if he felt that he had secured a victory here.

"Or perhaps I just enjoy watching the mice scurry before they die," Strahd said, his pupils beginning to glow red in the dim light, in response to Rovana suggesting that he needed her alive for some reason.

"A wager? Why not? If Ludmilla doesn't bring you back before me, I will send back to you what I have taken."

Drawing the blade across her own neck HURT. It was extremely hard to do it to herself. The body actively rebelled against suicide by such a manner. Still, she nicked herself fairly well, drawing a splatter of blood that could turn lethal.

As she did this, Strahd laughed and Ludmilla hissed. As Rovana ran, she could hear the count's laughter following her. Then suddenly the blare of the organ pipes began, in an energetic and chaotic fury.

Joe the Parrot squawked beside her, having been half drunk on amber wine and half scared out of his bird brain. Now he swooped and followed with his pirate master, loyal to her through their bond and gave no thought to abandoning her.

"Rawwrk! Down with the ship! Wee Woo!"

She had a choice of where to run. She could go to the stairwell directly infront of her. It went both up and down. She knew that if she went up three flights, she'd be at the portrait/lounge/bedroom floor of the south tower. Her alternative was to go left, into the grand hall with the four large pillars and the grotesque winged statues staring down from above. If she went that way, she could turn west and go to the foyer and the main entry, she could go north up one floor to the grand staircase, or she could go east through another set of large bronze doors.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Dining room-> Running for her life in more sensee than one

The laughter was not what she had hoped to hear from the count. But it was all worth it, seeing Ludmilla straighten herself.. Rovana should have told the truth from the get go.

"Aye.." She remarked at the parrot, not of a mind to chuckle or smile anymore right now. She noted to herself that she should have requested a more piratey song to play.

She decided to rush east, past another set of bronze doors. Why not use what she had, now that presumably, the Count opened all doors for her.. well, for his little game. Leaning heavily on her blade she rushed on through. "Fucking.. Strahd.. taking whatever he wants.. Damn Dagon, doing whatever he wants. I'll show ye a pirates determination.. I'll do whatever I want with what time I got left." She growled through gritted teeth, pushing herself on as much as she could. At least now, she didn't need to fear Ludmilla coming for her. She could hope for it. That did bring a thin smile to her lips.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Castle Ravenloft, Main Floor, Hall of Faith

The bronze doors were indeed unlocked, and required the pirate to exert herself to open them, but they swung backward. Rovana could swear she hear growls echoing in the grand hall behind her, but she was determined to move forward.

This new set of doors led to a long hall that continued to lead eastward. It is choked with dust and stretches into darkness ahead. Webs hang from the arched ceiling like drapes, and in the dim light at this end, Rovana can see two lines of life-sized statues of knights lining the hallway on both sides. The hallway is about twenty feet wide and unless Rovana had a light source, she could only see about thirty feet in front of her, and there was no doorway in sight. There was a torch hanging from an iron sconce on each of the nearby pillars in the grand hall, but the growling sounded like it might be accompanied by something dangerous.

Had Strahd said anything about other minions interfering? In her haste and bloodloss, she couldn't quite remember.

[Rovana loses 5 bleeding damage, plus the initial attack she made on herself (1d8+3)]

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Eastern hall

(6 damage, at 22 hitpoints now)

Rovana snatched the torch in one hand, making her way down the hallway, still leaning on her blade with the other.. she was certain she could be tracked anyway. No point closing the door. "Geesh, this place is even dustier than the rest. Screw it." She pushed onwards.

"Damn it damn it damn it.. I don't want to have my soul eaten by a fat Kraken, I don't want to die and I want back whatever that creepy bastard took from me." She growled to herself, then exhaled. She also wanted other things she realized. Watching Ludmilla swoon over Strahd had hurt a part of her she didn't know she had.

That growling.. hunting hounds? Just great, as if she'd need help to hunt down one wounded woman. Well, it wasn't her music, but.."Well then come you beasties, come Ludmilla. Come and get some but you better hurry... A pirates life for me." She smirked, then coughed, then continued down the hallway, to find what lay beyond.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Castle Ravenloft - Grand Hall/Hall of Faith

Rovana returns to the column in the grand hall to fetch a torch to see by, and it is as she grabs the torch that she is attacked from above! A growling, bat-winged figure with a terrible, demonic face and stony skin. One of the gargoyles above was alive! Whether through fate or anticipation and skill, Rovana sensed the doom from above as it was making its attack and was a split second faster than it and had the chance to react!

[rolled a nat 20 for your perception and rolled initiative, with Rovana just inching out ahead. She's got the torch in her off hand and her cutlass in her right hand (unless she's a lefty). The gargoyle is out of reach of melee right now, about 10 feet above her.]

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Eastern hall

"Just my luck." Rovana said.. as she fled down the dusty hall. If the gargoyle was above her, that also ment nothing was blocking her way.

Double move dash again. Not even engaging the gargoyle.

After she got at least some distance in between, unless more nasty suprises awaited her down the hallway, she'd make her way onwards, at the end of the hall growling at her painfilled neck, her survival instincts taking over now that the dramatic posing had ended. "What have you gotten yourself into.."

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Castle Ravenloft - Hall of Faith

Rovana charged down the eastern hallway, avoiding the fight with the gargoyle. This was probably the right decision, for the wound in her neck was already causing her to be light headed.

Joe squawked and ran interference for Rovana, giving the pirate time to charge out of the grand hall and down the hallway past all the statues of knight armor. As she ran down the hall, the helms turned to follow her. The gargoyle hissed and swiped at Joe, but the parrot dodged the claws and flew after Rovana. For whatever reason, the gargoyle did not follow into the hall with the statues.

At the end her all out sprint, Rovana saw another set of bronzed doors ahead of her, with a symbol of a rising (or setting) sun above them. As she shoved her way past these doors, Rovana could feel more of her strength fading from her fast flowing wound.

[lose 4 bleeding damage]

From the light of a pale, waxing gibbeous moon, dim beams of colored light filter through tall, broken and boarded up windows of stained glass, illuminating the ancient Chapel of Ravenloft. A few bats flutter about near the top of the 90 foot high domed ceiling. A balcony runs the length of the west wall, fifty feet above the floor. In the center of the balcony, two dark shapes are slumped in tall chairs.

Benches coated with centuries of dust lie about the floor in jumbled disarray. Beyond this debris, lit by a piercing shaft of light, an altar stands upon a stone platform. The sides of the altar are carved with bas-reliefs of angelic figures entwined with grape vines. The light from above falls directly on a silver statuette. A cloaked figure is draped over the altar, and a black mace lies on the floor near its feet.

Aside from the doors she came through, there are two alcoves leading into darkness along the west wall, both directly north and south of Rovana. Behind her, in the distance, organ music continues to play, approaching a crescendo...

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Eastern hall

"What are you looking at, ironheads. A sun on a door? Bleeding morning guy, I don't expect you'll be of any help, will you? Wait.. wait.. could this be the chapel.. Praise be to the Morninglord!" An image of her picking up a magical pendant, releasing a flying ship and flying away from all danger popped up in Rovanas mind... Propably too good to hope for.. she quickly realized as she looked at the boarded up windows.

"Wait, wait, calm down.. it has to be here somewhere. Joe, up on the lookout, glittering pendant booty, bring me. I swear I'll let you get drunk for days after this is over!" Rovana requested, whilest sheathing her blade, holding her neck covered with one hand, as she rushed forward, attempting to push the cloaked figure up, to look under it and around the altar.

"Come on come on.." She grew frantic. She really had to deal with this wound soon, now that there was a glimmer of hope..

18 hitpoints left.

Perception for Rovana:
Roll(1d20)-1:
17,-1
Total:16

Perception for Joe: (assuming proficiency but no wis bonus because.. eye patch!)
Roll(1d20)+2:
19,+2
Total:21

Oh there are the good rolls. Apparently Joe has similiar motivations to Rovana.. ^^

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chapel of Ravenloft

Running towards the altar - the most significant area of note in the otherwise abandoned hall, Rovana sees that the figure is that of dead man. The cloak he wears is handsome, dark and furlined, and underneath he wears a relatively new suit of chainmail. His hands seem to be reaching for the silver statue, which appears to be shaped like a cleric kneeling in supplication. Joe lands on top of the corpse and pecks at his neck, and Rovana then notices that around this corpse's neck appears to be a medallion.

[Rovana loses 5 HP to bleeding.]

In the distance the organ music raises to full height, and then a glowing purple light envelopes the corpse of the cloaked man.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Ravenloft Chapel

"Come ooon.. I could use some good news right about now, aye Joe? Help me out here." Rovana encouraged the parrot, she needed that pendant, reaching through the purple glow to try and snatch it off the corpse before it, knowing her luck, reanimated to jump at her. If she managed to, she'd grab it and while at it, dropping the torch (As the corpse glowed for her anyway) and snatching the silvery statue away from it as well with her other hand, then backing off, putting the statue on her belt.. she really wanted to try and stop the bleeding soon, but, in true pirate fashion, plundering was important. She didn't know how fast Ludmilla could be if she wanted to, but all things considered, Rovana doubted she had little time if she wanted to not just grab the necklace, but take it and hide it in her clothes so, hopefully, Strahd wouldn't simply take it off of her again and worse, understand its importance. "Sorry matey, I'd trade you but clearly you don't need it anymore and it seems important.." that purple glow was propably a sign he'd not stay down. Well, if all else failed she could hand the corpse the statue and try again for the necklace.

Right now, she regretted having cut herself, but.. she felt like this was her only way to at least defy the vampires will. That and she felt like she couldn't think completely clearly with this places lack of rum and strong spirits. But who knew. If she couldn't figure out the necklace in time, if this -was- what she had sought, perhaps her deadly gambit may yet come to help her out. "Bet Ludmilla could make this feel better though..." She sighed. She did not enjoy pain at all, she decided. Damn it.. she felt light headed. She could deal with blood loss, within reason, but this was getting dangerous. Yet what pirate would not take a ship that was right infront of their eyes! "Joe It'd be too optimistic to think ye be knowledgable of first aid, eh?"

13 hitpoints remaining.

sleight of hand to loot the corpse, just in case:
Roll(1d20)+5:
5,+6
Total:11

Joe assistance for advantage if thats not enough
Roll(1d20)+6:
11,+6
Total:17

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chapel of Ravenloft

Joe the Parrot squawked and essentially sent through a "you're kidding, right?" sense of incredulity as Rovana asked the parrot if he knew first aid.

Rovana had only two hands and a bleeding neck, so she needed to make a decision about what to grab first, unless it was her intent to sheath her cutlass.

If you want to do something different here, then we'll retcon a bit, so I'll keep this post short, and I'll assume your priority as your first action is to grab the medallion. You would fail with that roll, but you told me OOC you'd use the Inspiration, and the 17 you rolled would succeed.

Rovana grasped ahold of the chain that the medallion hung from and with nimble fingers purloined it up and over the head of the corpse with a quick yank that scratched the dead man's nose. The corpse itself did not react, but the purple glow rose out of his body in a gruesome humanoid specter which howled at her in a raging hatred of the living.

The pirate held the medallion in one hand, and her sword in the other. The silver statue stood next to her, but the specter was rising to attack and the blood still flowed, though it slowed slightly at this time [3 points of blood loss].

The medallion was amber, with an insignia of a ship with full sails upon a sea of choppy waves.

A howl of a female creature, perhaps Ludmilla, could be heard from the grand hall where the gargoyle had been.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Ravenloft Chapel -> Hall of Faith

Noticing the size of the statue Rovana in true pirate fashion, had tried to grab the figurine in one swift motion, only to realize it was too heavy to hold in hand together with the necklace which was her priority, and her blade, which she neither wanted to drop nor had the time to sheathe. "As I wont get to say it to anyone else today. Dear angry ghost, I shall put your ship to good use, if you wish to haunt me.. Get in line. You shall always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain Rovana, The Reaver."

With that, she rushed back downt he hall, taking off her hat in one hand and slipping the necklace on.

Rovana is at 10 hitpoints.

Rovana uses her cunning action to disengage avoiding any aoos.

Rovana uses her action to move away more, see below.

Rovana uses a move action to move away from the spectre, back down the hall, towards Ludmilla. As free action she re-draws her blade.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Castle Ravenloft, Hall of Faith

The pirate ducked and weaved, going under the glowing claws of the specter and making a dash for the bronze doors of the chapel. The specter growled in anger and gave chase, flying through the air after her. Its incorporeal body moved through Rovana with an icy chill and reformed forty feet in front of her, in the middle of the hall with the armored suits on either side.

From the other end of the hallway, illuminated by the torches on the great pillars in the grand hall, was a feminine figure - Ludmilla in her bridal gown and golden tiara, with her hands held out like claws.

"Rovana! You foolish girl! Why did you cut yourself!? You will die! How dare you do such a thing! To make me feel for you in my undeath, only to deny me of your spirit! I have lost one fair love. I will not lose another, even if you must serve the Count with me in undeath!"

The dark lady ran, howling down the hallway towards the bleeding Rovana, charging into the specter, clawing through him and discorporating him for a moment. Ludmilla's pupils were red, and her face was again feral with fangs bared, showing the monster within her.

[Only 2 bleeding damage this time.]

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Hall of Faith

"Oh come on!" she growled at the spectre, slowing down.. then looking at Ludmilla, listening to her, a hint of tears welling up again. Why was she being so emotional?

"I did not want to cut myself, bloody trust me, Ludi. But I've seen the way you look at Strahd, .. I don't like it.. it hurts me in a way I never felt hurt and its weird! Is there anything you would not do for him if he asked? I for my part don't care if I have to suck his dick or tell him of Ireenas plans to get out of this, fucking tell him I got that he's the boss if it helps, I bloody got it in the chase, I'd never get out of this fortress alive if he didn't want me to. He's the Count here, no arguing that.. but I'll never allow anyone to take my freedom away. Nor will I let him keep yours forever! I will not join Strahd in undeath and the only reason I wish not to die here and now.. is for you. ..(alright, also, rum, can't drink it when undead). I lived a good life, taken my booty, a captain with blade and ship and crew.. even if it only be Joe, moreso, a pretty woman coming to err.. chase me down. None of these things I had when I first drowned. I'm.. I don't want to die, but if I can't live free.. then I'm alright with this."

"To serve Strahd is no life at all, but his magic prevents you from seeing it and now that he has found how I feel for you, he wanted to use me as easy pawn. I couldn't allow that.. if I'm a pawn, I can't free you. Already he has taken from me and I don't even know what.
And what about you? Would you not rather see me live my life free and happy, even if it may be short? Well here is the gamble I was willing to make. A chance.."

She moved to lean up against a wall but stumbled, resting against it heavily. "I've lost a lot of blood, my dark queen. If you drain any more, I will die and whatever Strahd could bring back, we know it wouldn't be me." She exhaled, looking at Ludmilla. "I.. if it had to happen, I'd rather become yours..." She admitted, a clear blush on her lips.. she could still feel the biting of earlier today, making her yearn for more, remembered how wonderfully Ludmilla had dominated her.. "Haaah.. if you are thirsty.. theres more than enough for you upon my body.."

"However, I don't think I'm even stable enough to move or be moved much more right now." She slumped down agains the wall a little, covering her neck with one hand again, putting her hat back on and sheathing her blade, hopefully for the final time today. "If you bring me to Strahd now it might well be the end of me. I know that if Strahds commands are absolute, you'll still try to, but remember, he also commanded you bring me to him at the door of death.. you cannot obey if I die. And I put my life on the line not for me, but for you.

In his arrogance he gave you a command that you need not heed, he did not expect someone willing to put their life on the line just for you. Ludmilla.. You need to bring me to Strahd, but to do that, you first need to stay here with me, give me first aid, and stabilize me.. You need not delay his demand forever.. just long enough for me to recover, long enough that he grows impatient and comes to visit upon us.. please my.. my love. He hides it well, but I know he does not wish to delay his search for Ireena for too long.

I will not stop you from saving me infact.. I.. please.. safe me.. I don't want to die, I don't want to serve in undeath, I want to feel more of your kisses upon my warm skin.. haaah.. I'm sorry I had to use so much of my blood for this, but.. if I was not in genuine danger for my life, you wouldn't have this chance.."
She coughed weakly, slumping down slowly.

"Even now, despite all of my instincts to survive, your dark beauty has enchanted me. Perhaps, against all your instincts, you can take your time to safe me, rather than partaking in my blood... I'm a damned fool of a pirate to fall for a wench so much. I ought to put me own survival first you know. I guess its your beauty, your strength, even as you are now.. I admit.. the way you took me.. made me willingly yours.. Oh Ludmilla I want.. I want more... perhaps it was in part your dark magic, but I want your powerful bodies, not Strahds dominion over my own. I'd save myself, but rather.. let me sing for you. I know its nothing much, but.. if .. just for a few moments, just until he grows impatient, you can do as I beg you, rather than Strahd commands, .. then we both have a chance. .. please.." Rovana nodded solemnly, looking at Ludmilla with dead seriousness.. "Please.. I want to serve you, not Strahd... alive. I've never put my life in anothers hands.. it is strange and frightening... and a little bit arousing, knowing you could do whatever you wished to my helpless body.. just please, let me live, don't let me be Strahds.." She grinned weakly, not seeming comfortable with this, despite acting brave and flamboyant Ludmilla could see a genuine fear of pain and death in her eyes, it seemed she feared losing her freedom more. Yet there was also a hint of feeling almost aroused by her helplessness before the vampiress, as she inhaled, while holding her neck, still not properly stopping the bleeding, looking at Ludmilla as she exhaled.. Strahd had played his music. Now she'd play hers. On a pirate ship, you usually only had your voice and, if she wanted, Rovana could have a beautiful voice, only slightly breaking, and less loud than she had hoped, her eyes watering more.

(to the tune of: )
"In Barovia's dark city
where the girls are so pretty
I first set me eyes on Ludmilla alone
As she harrowed my harrow,
through the halls broad and narrow
I'm singing lovers and pirates alive, alive oh.

She was a fair knight
and for sure 't was right,
For so were her father and mother before
and she fought against their harrow
through the halls broad and narrow.
I'm singing lovers and pirates, alive alive oh.

But that be no longer,
She says she's a monster,
Even so I sing this for my monster alone
Now my queen harrows my harrow, coming through the halls broad and narrow.
And I'm still lover and pirate, alive alive oh.

Alive, Alive oh-
Alive Alive.. .. oh.."
her voice grew a little weaker, as her pale form slowly slid down the wall, the pirate covering her cutwound meekly, looking up at Ludmilla with a begging hopefulness and secret submissive yearning.

At 8 hitpoints now.

Actions: Talking and singing and not moving much.
Performance Oratory: 18 total. (or if you prefer, 16 flat charisma roll). Feel like she should get a circumstantial while at it. :p

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ludmilla
Castle Ravenloft, Hall of Faith
Tag: Rovana

Ludmilla hissed with her fangs bared, her face distorted in hunger and undead savagery, but she halted her advance at the start of Rovana's speech, and paused only to point a claw at the advancing specter, which had reformed and advanced without pity.

"Go back to your corpse, Gustav! Guard the item you failed to steal and leave us! Now!"

The specter's growl echoed down the hallways, but it heeded Ludmilla's commands and floated away, past Rovana, and back into the Chapel, the doors of which closed behind it with a slam, blocking out the light of the moon through stained glass and the glint of the silver statue.

Ludmilla turned her attention fully to Rovana and her words, creeping closer until she was only a foot away from the pirate, her red eyes straying from Rovana to the blood seeping from her neck.

"His commands ARE absolute. He is my master, my husband, my creator. It is by his blood and dark magic that I am made and bound in this undeath! I cannot fight him, I cannot deny his will!" She hissed, as blood tears began to pool in the corner of her eyes. The red faded from her pupils, but her fangs remained.

"And it is not as though I do not see him for what he is! Of course I see it! My will... it is suppressed, and only brought to the surface when to remember who I am would torture me more! Even now... he torments us both with this moment, knowing I will be his. But you don't understand... Rovana, my sweet-- I cannot sire another vampire. Not until I am released from my master by drinking his blood directly from him. All of us yearn for such freedom, but it is denied us. You are dying, and these are not the hands of a healer!"

She held up her ashen hands, her claws retracting, and the blood tears trickling down the curve of her cheek. She knelt in front of Rovana and held her now, gently, listening. Her face looking more and more forlorn and pained with all the sweet things that Rovana said, the begging for her life and to be saved, and the wish to be free of both death and undeath. It was the song that seemed to break the vampiress' heart, as she sobbed and blood ran freely down her face.

"You have doomed me to fail you... I want to save you. But I don't know how. I MUST obey my master... he told me to drain you until you were upon the brink of death. And then by your own hand you will die. I cannot stop this. I cannot! Oh gods, Rovana forgive me! I CANNOT! EAaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

With an anguished cry, full of suffering and heartbreak, Ludmilla gripped Rovana tightly, her fangs extended and she bore down upon the pirate, sinking her teeth into Rovana once more, drinking from her neck, with the pain giving away to pleasure almost immediately.

[Rovana loses all but her last HP.]

Shuddering, and with eyes blurred by blood and teetering on the edge of madness, Ludmilla cradled Rovana in both arms and picked her up, carrying her as though she were a groom carrying a newlywed bride across the threshold of their new home.

"I choose to free you through death, Rovana. Your soul will not be his! Or mine... or anyone's but your own. You will be reborn again, in Barovia... as all souls are trapped here, waiting to be reborn. Just as Strahd's precious Tatyana was born again as that Ireena woman - you will arise once more, and find me then... yes... yes... we will be together... you know... maybe you remind me of her for more than one reason. Yes... we are destined to find each other. That must be it... you are mine, Rovana. You are mine... mine... oh gods... mine...."

Ludmilla struggled down the Hall of Faith in Castle Ravenloft, leaving the shattered chapel behind her, carrying Rovana's limp form in her arms, going forth as one who has been stunned and relieved of her senses. She existed now only in a fugue state, clutching the pirate close to her.

For her own part, Rovana could swear that Ludmilla was becoming warmer as she was cradled in the vampiress' arms, her head leaning against the dark lady's breast. Or was it that she was becoming colder? Was this death? It didn't seem so bad. But she was still thirsty...

"Rawwrk! Oh captain, my captain! Wee! Woo!"

[Rovana loses her last HP due to blood loss and falls unconscious.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Intermission~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike
The bosun brained with a marlinspike
And cookey's throat was marked belike
It had been gripped by fingers ten;
And there they lay, all good dead men
Like break o'day in a boozing ken

Fifteen men of the whole ship's list
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Dead and be damned and the rest gone whist!
The skipper lay with his nob in gore
Where the scullion's axe his cheek had shore
And the scullion he was stabbed times four
And there they lay, and the soggy skies
Dripped down in up-staring eyes
In murk sunset and foul sunrise

Fifteen men of 'em stiff and stark
Ten of the crew had the murder mark!
Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
Or a yawing hole in a battered head
And the scuppers' glut with a rotting red
And there they lay, aye, damn my eyes
Looking up at paradise
All souls bound just contrawise

Fifteen men of 'em good and true
Ev'ry man jack could ha' sailed with Old Pew,
There was chest on chest of Barov's gold
With a ton of plate in the middle hold
And the cabins riot of stuff untold,
And they lay there that took the plum
With sightless glare and their lips struck dumb
While we shared all by the rule of thumb,

More was seen through a sternlight screen
Chartings undoubt where a woman had been
'Twas a flimsy shift on a bunker cot
With a dirk slit sheer through the bosom spot
And the lace stiff dry in a purplish blot
Oh was she wench or some shudderin' maid
That dared the knife and took the blade
By Strahd! she had stuff for a plucky jade

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
We wrapped 'em all in a mains'l tight
With twice ten turns of a hawser's bight
And we heaved 'em over and out of sight,
With a Yo-Heave-Ho! and a fare-you-well
And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell
Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

DM
????
Tag: Rovana

It was dark and hazy, when Rovana came to. There was no light whatsoever, yet somehow, Rovana could perceive the world around her. She was in a box, a stone box, with a heavy stone lid above her, slightly open, just a crack. Beside her was a sobbing figure. Ludmilla! She was nude, completely, and without a single adornment. A glance showed that she was female, in all ways, and she was wracked with sobs, her face smeared with dried blood. She was hugging Rovana tightly, with a leg wrapped atop of the pirate's likewise nude form, save she had been covered by a mostly transparent white sheet, almost like a funeral shroud.

Undoubtedly, Rovana would seek to move and say something, but as she moved, she floated upwards - up and straight through the stone lid, and found herself above a stone coffin in some sort of small, ancient crypt. There was a door to the outside. The sobs continued from the coffin beneath her.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Hall of faith

"Don't be sad on my behalf. I'm just a wicked ol' pirate captain, remember... I don't want to see you cry.. How am I supposed to do that though! Even if I roped up Strahd for you to suckle on, one word and you'd turn on me.. and that damn seer is no help either, I have no deity owing me favours or incredible magic to call upon. All I got is a sword that makes a bit of wind and chills a drink.. and I know you can do it, Ludmilla you are stronger than you think!" She had said, only to then whimper meekly as she saw the vampire-spawn fail a struggle she could not win, as she felt Ludmilla bite upon her neck once more. "Please I don't have..... no more.." Her hand tried to reach up for Ludmilla, shaking slightly. "At least.. you.." She mumbled.

As Ludmilla carried her, Rovanas breath came quick and shallow. She couldn't move her body much, she couldn't even lift an arm, only to be helplessly carried and cradled, as she tried to lean in and feel Ludmillas warmth. She inhaled deeply with the last of her strength. "Till.. death.. does us part, eh? ach.. ack..." She coughed. Smiling hurt. Actually, it didn't. Actually, nothing at all hurt anymore. Not even that old scar of hers. Well.. Ludmillas tears still hurt, but not physically. She opened her lips, well, she tried to, but they wouldn't work anymore. Her head felt heavy.. Well this was it, it seemed. But she had a ship again, crew, a lover.. she died, robbing a noble.. She died as a pirate should.

And then, she awakened.
"Hah! I knew you'd make it, we survived and, I presume, you smuggled me outside, pretending I had..." She grinned, reaching out for Ludmilla to cheer.. her up.. then she tried to reach out again.

"Oh... Nononono.. I have to get back!" The Reaver shouted, reaching out for her body.. only to find herself drift a little further away. "Ludmilla.. Damn it.. this is no bloody fair. Why haven't I at least been buried like a proper pirate! Hang me by the gallows! Drop me to the bottom of the ocean! I'm in there like I'm some goddamn princess! I mean,.. I look all .. peaceful and not even alone as I lie there.. .. and anyway, isn't risking everything for love supposed to make you succeed or something? All the goddamn stories are nonsense! Ludmilla.. please I don't.. I don't want to hear you cry any more.. Now you're at that place you always dreaded.. but I guess, at least you aren't alone. Sorry.. I don't think I'll make as good company like that..

Isn't it what heroes are supposed to do? The one time I try to do better than a goddamn pirate..? And what of my blade, my parrot, the medallion? Oh please tell me Ludmilla was smart enough to hide it, or have Joe hide it.. She must know that the only one properly able to read a treasure map would be a full blooded pirate. Oh, oh, I could tell her Ludmilla, can you hear me? Just a bit? Joe? Molly? Anyone?

I guess I could try and find the seer, she can propably see me, her and Strahd."
Rovana mused. "Silver lining, won that bet... Ugh.. not even feeling good about that. I really messed up, didn't I?"

"But then, even if I met the seer, what would I say, oh hey, I messed up, got the ship, but then I lost everything. Why? Because rather than playing along with Strahd, pretending I agree with him to get out of this alive, I got angry when I saw him control one of his brides.. yes, I know she did terrible things, but.. she's really hot and strong and a great fuck!

No mercy for the wicked. No rest either, is there? No shining light I ought to walk to? Well, screw that, I hate shining lights in the morning.. But come one! I wasn't even that evil do you hear me, bloody afterlife? Sure, I plundered, but only rich merchants that got their gold from exploiting others. Yeah, I killed, but not for sport or amusement like this damn Count surely does. What animal doesn't kill to survive?"
She crossed her arms as she floated. "And I know she did terrible things too, but come on, not by choice and what little choice she had, she's now denied it!"

"Waiting to be reborn.. I can't do that, come on! I can't leave her sobbing in there for what, a decade? More?" She sighed and exhaled.

"Plus never been good at patience.." She growled, punching a wall. As expected, her hand went through it.

"Why didn't Eva warn me of this! Damn good for nothing seer. Plus, I bet if I'm reborn I wont even remember most of what happened this time around. Wait why did I say this time around? Bah, I got lost by what Ludmilla told me. I wont even be a pirate... No crew, no ship.. no riches.. certainly no rum. And I can't even touch the woman I died for, pointlessly. To be fair, she killed me, so my point.. Damn.. Ludmilla. They hadn't even heard of pirates before I came here.. do you know what that means? If I'm reborn, I can't even be me anymore. The spirit yes, but ever since I was a little girl, I let being a pirate define me. Give me strength, when I heard of those strong, daring seafarers. Brave and fearless, taking whatever they wanted.. strong and feared. No one would hurt a true pirate that stuck to the code. But Damias help, Tristrams sacrifice, the way Strahd treated you.. Perhaps I wanted something more than just to follow the code for my own survival." She bit her lips.. if that was even still possible.

"I never wanted to make you suffer. I don't want to hear you suffer, or see you suffer, or know you suffer even if I'm not there to witness it, Ludmilla.. I'd give everything to save you from this fate.. Afraid I already gave all just to get you in it though." She shrugged slightly.

"Well, guess theres one more thing to give. Myself. My mess. Gotta clean it up, aye? If I have to be reborn and not be a pirate to stop this. Then so be it. I just hope the next me has the decency to put at least my hat on my corpse... Ludmilla. I.. I'm coming to save you and I will never, ever stop." She wanted to stay, but.. she doubted she could be reborn in a tomb. so she turned, away from Ludmilla, away from herself.. to find a way to herself and to Ludmilla.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
?????
Tag: Rovana's Ghost

Ludmilla did not answer. She did not react as though she had even heard Rovana. She simply continued to sob, gripping Rovana's corpse tightly.

Rovana's spirit floated away from this after saying her peace, coming to terms with the situation. Her calls for Joe or Molly were likewise unanswered. She felt incredibly... alone.

Reaching for the door to her crypt resulted in her hand simply floating straight through the old wood. She apparently could not interact with the corporeal world, so instead she floated through. She was in a hallway. It was dark, but again, she seemed to have a different sort of sight in her current state that ignored the restrictions of light. Everything was in shades of grey. Mist was curling up everywhere at the edges of her vision. She was in some sort of catacomb underground, with many crypt doors just like the one she had exited surrounding her.

Across from her crypt and two doors down to her right, a ghostly figure of a woman with an elven appearance regarded her as if waiting for her. She was bathed in a white, ghostly glow that permeated her figure, and she was dressed only in rags clothes across her breasts and draped across her waist and down between her legs. She was beautiful, although her hands were distended into long claws.

"You're wailing,"
the woman ghost said. "Whatever you speak, with enough emotion behind it, it comes across into the living world as incomprehensible wailing. Quite effective for spooking the weak of heart - but the living and the more body-bound unliving will not understand you. Not unless they know the secrets of speaking to the dead. And that one in there with your body is too busy in her own grief to hear your wails anyway."

The ghost woman floated to Rovana.

"I could hear you however. Enough to figure out that you're the reason Count Zarovich has entombed Ludmilla and brought out that insufferable Sasha to accompany him for the first time in over two hundred years."

The ghost rolled her eyes at this, as though she and this Sasha person had a past together. She hovered over to Rovana and extended a ghostly hand.

"My name is Patrina Velikovna, mistress of the arcane arts, the only woman who ever surpassed Strahd in his magics - and the only woman whom ever chose to be his bride willingly. A dubious honor, looking back on it. You must understand, he's changed over the centuries. Becoming darker and more depraved with every passing year. He was a nobler man... even as a vampire lord. And we had a true romance... just like yourself and that lovely sad creature in the crypt behind you. Sadly, I was denounced as a witch by my own people and stoned to death before I could join my love in dark matrimony. After my death, he was never the same. He never again held any love for his people, only contempt at what they had done to me, deprived him of his hope for happiness."

The ghost of Patrina shrugged, and looped an arm around Rovana's. "I suppose I feel a certain empathy for you. We both loved monsters, and we both died for love of them."

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rovanas Ghost
Unknown tomb

"This floating through thing could be really useful if only I could stop doing it at will." She observed, floating up and looking about in the tomb around her. "Broken masts, this really is like a nobles tomb.." She looked at the ghostly elf.

"Oh hey. Wailing? She's a goddamn vampire, why can't she see me... oh.. I see." She sighed. "Well excuse me .. wailing. .. wait whos Sasha? you know what, I don't care, apparently I need to be reborn and I need to be .. I dunno, at least 12.. 14 years old or somesuch to be strong enough to break into that tomb, better get started..."

"Obliged.. I be Cap.. Just Rovana I guess.. I have nothing captainey about me now.." She extended her hand, figuring she could shake the other ghosts.

"Oh I figured he was a good man once, but now he's but a monster and I don't even mean that as a compliment. I be good at reading people usually, or taunting them, or instilling any kind of reaction, I ne'er seen such a void of darkness. 's as if he's nothing but a mask of noble power plus his damned obession with Ireena, or Tatyana or whatever the proper name." Rovana interjected her interpretation, before listening on.

She sighed at the arm around herself. "So hold on, if you loved him, lets say he was a better man long ago, why not go ahead and return to be reborn? Thats what Ludmilla said happens here, nay? Also, I thought he was in love with another.. " She looked, pondering confused for a moment, but then shook her head. "Listen. It's all very complicated, but I can't leave her like that, can you tell me how I do this.. being reborn thing? No one gave me any hints and theres not exactly a guide for it. If you know how I feel you must know I don't want to see her suffer.. all your story tells me is that the longer I take the greater the risk she'll just be driven insane with grief and become a female Strahd herself."

Last edited: