What's new

A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

Shadow
Brazier Room
Tag: Rovana

The pair continued to exchange a rain of thrusts and slashes and parries as each rounded the brazier. Rovana threw the orange stone into the flame, changing the flickering tongues to match the color. The sands of the hourglass began to fall.

After another quick exchange, Rovana landed a second hit upon the shadow that tore into it for a moment. Dropping the letter from Strahd and the hand crossbow, as well as the other incidentals, the shadow retreated into the darkened corners of the room. Following it with her eyes, Rovana could still make out where the shadow was, even as it was trying to blend in with the natural darkness. However, it had dropped all of the pirates belongings, which she could now scoop up if she wanted and fall into the orange flame.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(like this just a bit paler and.. posesseder..
Captain Rovana
Ravenloft, brazier room

Rovana spun her blade around in a dextrous arch, annoyed that the copy could keep up.. but relieved that at least against her own shadow she could slowly get the upper hand, when the shadow retreated.. interestingly, just like Rovana would, the pirate scooped her things up.. crossbow first. "There be only one punishment for Mutiny." She coldly said, as she aimed with deadly precision and sent a silver bolt flying..

Sucessful or not, afterwards she reached out, collecting her assets, and letting herself fall into the flame, and perhaps finally, finally she could allow her posessing spirit and her dead body some rest and relinquish her mortal frame, until the revival called her back...

Move action to scoop up the crossbow..

To hit Roll(1d20)+6:
10,+6
Total:16

Damage: Roll(1d6)+4:
3,+4
Total:7

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Castle Ravenloft

The silver bolt zips through the air and skewers the shadow, dissolving it immediately without a sound. There's a shudder that Rovana feels as the dark tendrils flail a bit around the pirate's body before fusing back with her dead skin.

Grabbing up all of her affects, she tosses herself into the flame, and with a whoosh, she teleports. In the following moment, she is lying on her back at the top of the highest tower in Ravenloft. From this point, she can see far into the valleys both west and east - though of course, the night sky and copious fog limits the details. To the southwest looms the shadow of Mount Ghakis. To the north and northwest, Mount Balinok rises in eerie, misty majesty. Nearer, she can make out the vapors of the rushing water tumbling over Tser Falls.

Two ravens perch on the ledge of the tower, and with a startled caw, they both turn into more humanoid forms upon seeing the pirate. They look like the same type of creature that had aided Rovana - unbidden - at the bridge with the ogre zombie. After a quick moment one of the raven-human hybrids shifts into the form of an attractive, naked woman.

"We were told there'd be a body, but not that it'd be moving. Well, if you promise not to struggle too much, we'll be going. This is Gyolu, my brother, and I am Marlena. I've seen you since you entered Barovia two days ago. Seems you got yourself into about as much trouble as a girl can find. Together, I think the two of us will be able to just about carry you over the walls. We'll fly down the mountain as quick as we can, and try to set you down near the Tser Pool. Questions later, okay?"

Marlena waited to see what Rovana's reaction to this would be. The only exit from the tower was down a staircase back into the castle.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(like this just a bit paler and.. posesseder..
Captain Rovana
Ravenloft, brazier room

Rovana shuddered.. but grinned, as she looked up. It was some wicked, icky shadowstuff, but it was her wicked icky shadowstuff! Then, she looked at the bird-people curiously. "Well love, there most definitly is a body, it got a little messed up, heres an advice, if you want to steal some beauties from a vampires harem, have something for bloodloss on the way.. Say, are you with the seer or the Banshee? You know what, either works, just get me close to Tser pool, much obliged, Oh! Important question... do I have a shadow? Well, I'll not be struggling, note to myself for the forseeable future: Put out some bird-seeds, so far all the avians have been great assets to me. What do you think, Joe? What kind of seeds are best?" She inquired, and stepped to extend her arms, as if to lean on the two bird-people. If she could, she would get a breast-grope in, innocently. .. even if she wouldn't feel much from it.

Apart from that she only made sure to stow her belongings as securely as she could for the flight, her crossbow in her belt, code and letter in her vest, lemons in the sames pokets.. she was out of daggers to stow, sadly, but all in all, she made it out of the castle.. she looked down, touching the necklace and grinning.. could have been worse.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Marlena and Gyolu
Spires of Ravenloft
Tag: Rovana's Walking, Talking Corpse

"Rawwrk! Pass the rum! Wee Woo!" Joe chirped in response to what birds desired. Rovana guessed that Joe might be speaking more for his own tastes.

Marlena glanced up and down Rovana and then smirked cryptically.

"We are neither with the seer or the banshee, but we associate with both. We are the Keepers of the Feather. And we like to help loosen Strahd's grip when we can. I'm afraid we won't have time to get very acquainted just yet, but if you ever travel to Vallaki, the Blue Water Inn is an ally to those in need. And we've a taste for wine, if you want to thank us... sadly, Strahd's minions have done their best to sour the once greate vintages produced here."

"It's dark, so I can't be sure, but it is said that Strahd can steal a person's shadow and turn it upon them." Gyolu spoke up, having turned into a tall, naked and handsome man with a few fluttering feathers still poking here and there out of his jet black hair.

Then there was a rumbling from the stairway down into the tower below, and a red glow lighting up the stairwell.

"Best we get you to where you need to be, dead one!" Marlena said, then simultaneously she and her brother shifted from their sexy, naked human forms (of which they both seemed completely unbothered to show off in front of Rovana or each other) and into their corvus hybrid form.

Gyolu plucked Rovana up by her feet while Marlena gripped the pirate by her wrists and together the two of them flew away from the spire, carrying Rovana's body out over the courtyard and straight toward the cliff, which dropped more than a thousand feet straight down, over looking the village of Barovia. The birds wheeled away in a circle, descending down the cliff, with Joe fluttering and gliding beside them. They soared along the Tser waters and after five minutes of effort and descent, they were gliding close to the southern banks of the Tser Pool, where Madame Eva's tent and Damia's family were still camped out. Along the edges of the water, Rovana could see the old crone waiting, leaning her arm upon Damia's supporting hands.

But just as they were coming in for a landing, Rovana had her first physical sensation since having lost her life... a prickling in the palm of her right hand. An inkling from the pirate tales speaking of ancient curses from the depths rang alarm bells in her mind, and she knew before she looked that the black mark was appearing on her palm.

Then she felt the arms of the abyss forming dark tendrils out of her body, stretching down to the waters of the Tser Pool below. And out of those waters, a great churning began, and massive tentacles of inky blackness - a darkness more foul and chilling than any normal shadow - rose towards her corpse.

On, on the shapeshifters flew, heedless of the outstretched lashes of a pure evil given form, which now hungered and lanced towards their carried prize.

Without the ability to scream, the tendrils wrapped about Rovana's body and pierced her flesh, wrapping about her heart and squeezing. A terrible, unliving scream caught in her throat and terror gripped her mind. Then there was only darkness.

~~~

With a rasping, horrid inhale of breath, Rovana awoke, alive again. Her body was wet, as if she had been dunked in water, and she spluttered, as if emptying her lungs of water.

Around her, Marlena and Gyolu, covered in quilts draped over her body, looked down on her from one side of the cot she was lying on. On the other side of her, a tired looking Madame Eva, and Damia beside her, were regarding her. Damia had a concerned expression that was now mingling with relief.

"You're alive! Madame Eva, the magic worked!" Damia exclaimed.

"Yes, yes... of course it worked. Mother Night was given her prize, as were the Dark Powers, I feel certain," Madame Eva muttered with a bitter smile. "Welcome back to the living, Captain Rovana. I suggest that you not make a habit of meeting Death. In all her forms, she is a possessive one, and the price to come back from her shores only gets steeper."

Damia leaned down and hugged Rovana, then put the pirate's hat on her head as she helped the woman to stand up.

If she looked at her palm, Rovana would not see any mark, yet the tingling feeling remained there, beneath the surface of her skin.

Her gear was set beside her, including her cutlass and the amber medallion with the insignia of a ship etched upon it, inlaid with gold and silver.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(like this just a bit paler, deader and.. posesseder..
Captain Rovana
Up in the sky! -> Vistani camp

"Aye, ye definitly keep lots of feathers on you. Birds that like to be drinking, I think I can sail with that.. and tell me about it, all the good rum is gone, damn vampire. Well, help me out and I'll take every opportunity to mess with the Count.. without getting meself killed again, fool me twice and all that." Rovana nodded.

"Yeah, bastard did that with my shadow. Troublesomely it had my combat capabilities, but I took it out.. I hope."

Rovana mieeped slightly when picked up like this, but tried not to show her distress. If the dark hadn't already prevented her from enjoying the view, the height most certainly had. Not that Rovana was bad with heights, but anything beyond the crows nest on a ship was beyond her comfort zone.

Rovana would have waved when noticing Damia and Madame Eva, but she was kind of.. tugged up.

Then, she noticed dark tendrils from the water.. apparently the only one to too!Guys, can you fly a bit higher, I think something be happening at the lake Davy Johnes curse theres.. Hey? Hello? Can anyone hear me? Bloody birds hoist the main sails! Guaaaaah!

"Ack.. ackh.. achoo.. caaah.. achoo.. haaah.. Kiss the harpoons daughter, bloody acho. ack..." Rovana coughed excessively. "Everything hurts.. wait? Yay! ach.. ack..."

"Haah.. haah.. kinda alive.. Oh hello Damia, Madame Eva.. Trust, me not doing any of that again. Ow.. hugging hurts." She smiled grateful at the hat being put back on, slightly shakey as she put back together all her assets.

"Then again. Hah! It worked, with a skull as bonus." She smirked, picking up the amulet, slowly spinning it. "A captain, with a ship. As it ought to be."

She grinned, slamming her hands together and rubbing them. "Alright then! First of all, thanks Eva and I forgive you.. You awaited my return and I can't believe someone with your talents didn't forsee what'd happen to me at Strahds castle. .. yet.. I found out so many things. I'm a changed woman now, you see.

I decided NOT to change."
She grinned.

"Keelhaul those Dark Powers if they get in my way. I've always told everyone I was a cursed pirate captain, now its TRUE. HAH!" Rovana grinned, more genuinly this time, but not without taking a brief peek at her right hands itching. "But not to dawdle. It seems Dagon is slowly waking up and I'd prefer dealing with that lobster when he's morning sick. Damia, that message for Strahd, the Black spot, if you haven't delivered it, give it back to me, it might be dangerous on another person at this point." She nodded.

"So.. the plan be simple. go to Vallaki to gather me unusual crew.. Anyway! Lady Eva, before I depart I be having a triplet of questions and all I can offer you in thanks is fulfilling your granddaughters wish.." She looked over to Damia.

"I don't need for you to fight, but if Strahd finds out what I've done after he killed me and if he learns of my revival, which I don't doubt he will, .. well, your grandmother I think is protected, but you.. by what I've seen he'd love to cause her misery through you. Am I wrong, Madame Eva? I don't think ye save here. Plus now I have a ship.. a safer place than any you know from Strahd. If he can't enter buildings made by others, he certainly can't my ship.. it still be lacking in crew to set sail yet, but, if ye wish ta join.." Rovana nodded, then adjusting her gear a final time and smirking, she pulled out the necklace, and Strahds letter to her from earlier, questioning the Seer:

"I have three questions, requests if you so may..." She hesitated, raising two fingers. "No, hold on, four. Do you have any rum around here? The necklace you sent me to find would you know how to actually use this one? I belabored simply holding it out and shouting 'ship ho!' or thinking of it, but I would prefer not to be squished when the vessel is to appear in an enclosed space.. it is around my neck at all times after all.

The second question be, do ye have a charm, or know of a way to soothe lost spirits? I don't mean those undead wandering and trying to remove my face from where it belongs but.."
She exhaled. "Being a lost soul be a cruel fate, I now have learned. If ye had a charm or knew a teaching to ease such fate momentarily I'd be grateful."

"Finally,.. do ye believe in reincarnation? Souls being reborn into this place? Obviously I couldn't be, I mean.. I don't come from here and even if I were one reborn I'd have rememberd such after I died and was a ghost for a while, no? 'tis just well.. a certain someone said I kept reminding them of one they fancied someone a lot like me, long ago and, well.." she scratched the back of her head. "Not that I mind any beautiful frame." She made sure to smile over to Damia who had been kind to her.. Damia was pretty.. not undead, not trapped in a tomb with a heavy skull to take from a mountain and deliver to a mausoleum surrounded by propably disagreeable undead,.. but there was something about Ludmilla, a desire.. to want to free that strong soul from Strahds influence, to be taken by her.. The captain reached out, touching her neck, absent mindedly, remembering the time in the coach.. she wouldn't mind having fun with Damia and other crewmembers, but only Ludmilla made her feel so.. so helpless, yet so good..

"But I never had this feeling where I'd willingly forgo all the treasures before mine eyes just to have this one person..

I .. I mean, I guess, if those treasures contained a barrel of rum that never runs out or something it'd be a tougher choice."
She corrected herself, tipping her chin, sincerely considering for a moment.

"Ah! Errr, anyway, finally, I be having a request.. can you borrow me the forgery kit with different inks and all? Now spare me some quarter, I know you be having one of those around." She grinned, opening up the letter from Strahd to her. "Foolish nobles should be cautious tossing their handwriting and sigil around so easily. Next stop: Vallaki, with a glowing recommendation." She grinned.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Madame Eva, Damia
Madame Eva's Tent

The old Vistana cackled.

"I do not ask your forgiveness, child. My Gift foretells likelihoods and possibilities, but nothing is certain. Divination is like that - the more specific and certain you try to be, the less true the vision! So take that as a fair lesson learned, no prophecy is safe, and there are no guarantees in this life! But ah, I do see that you have fetched your pretty bauble. In a place much like where I said it would be, eh? So, the old woman wasn't completely useless. And now I've resurrected you as well. Though my feathered friends tell me you've been speaking to that Patrina woman. The banshee. She was a strange one, in life - it takes a strange sort to fall in love with a man like Strahd in the full grip of his curse."

Damia walked over to Rovana, plucking the message with the black spot from one of her hidden pockets and handed it tenderly over to the pirate.

"Here you are. You know... you do have the whiff of a proper curse about you now. For some reason, that just makes you more interesting to me." The gypsy girl grinned enticingly. When Rovana made her offer, the girl tensed in excitement and clasped the captain by the wrist, answering before Eva could speak.

"Yes! I'll join your crew! You won't regret it! And you say you won't need me to fight, but I can anyway! Maybe with me along, you won't go off and get yourself killed!" She smirked and put her hands on her shapely hips.

Madame Eva shuffled forward and gripped the amber medallion in her gnarled hands, drawing it close and thus dragging the pirate closer to her as well.

"Hmm... tis magical. Ye'll need to attune to it. If it resonates properly with you, and I THINK it shall - then after some time focusing on it, it should reveal its nature to you. And when it does, you'll have a ship - though without a sea to sail upon, your destinations here could be moderately limited - but I think it will still serve a purpose most vital. Mm, yes. Quite vital, provided you don't die again... Hrm. Charm to soothe a lost soul? Sorry, lovey dear. Not in Mother Night's purview. Death's not meant to be soothed. Best ye can hope for is reincarnation into a person who has a better life than the last. Heh heh, I do suppose that answers your third question as well. Not only do I believe in it, but I've lived long enough to have seen evidence of it. There's people around here who are the spitting image of their grandfather or great aunt or so on and so on. The soul reborn shapes the image of the new life. If someone says they've fancied a girl like you over a lifetime ago, it's entirely possible it could have been you. Heh heh. How do you know you've not been here before, eh?"

The old crone let go of the medallion and poked Rovana in the shoulder, teasingly, and cackled as though finding the revelatory thought exceedingly funny.

"Maybe we're just welcoming you home from distant shores, eh, Captain?"

She meandered off, leaving Rovana with Damia, who was looking a bit mixed after hearing about what the pirate had to say about fancying someone else.

"I, uhm, I've got some rum! The last of what we took from that tavern I first found you in. And I've got some inks and parchment you could use. It's in my wagon. If you'd, uh, care to join me?"

She took Rovana's hand and made to move out of the tent and across the camp to her colorful, wheeled abode. If the pirate went with her, she'd have acess to the equivalent of a forgery kit.

[Rovana can make a skill check with forgery kit (Dex, adding proficiency IF you are proficient with that tool kit)]

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Evas tent

"Oh, I'm grateful, its a weird feeling, trying to get over it currently. Frankly she seemed reasonable, ye know, for an apparition that tries to murder everything alive, if I got her right." The pirate grinned, leaving out the part of her falling in love with someone not too unlike Strahd as far as curses went.

She continued to grin, now at Damia. "Whiff eh? Bit 'o rum, on me, not you, and you wont notice it.. But aye, give me another week or two here and I wont need to make up any more stories 'bout myself because no one will believe half the real shite that happened. Need to lay off the dying habit though, yes." She coughed slightly when Damia brought up the killing. "Technically no one but myself and the sea managed to kill me so far, that be all piratey deaths and lets just say with Strahd around I chose the best alternative. Anywhooo, welcome to the crew, We be needing to teach you about the code, though I heard with the Vistani thats short words needed only, free the first mate, Navigator and... cabin girl.. from Strahds grasp, but one issue at a time." Rovana peered over at Eva and the medallion.

"Attune.. so basically you're saying I should wear it and hope for the best, perhaps spill some blood and other bodily liquids of mine over it on occasion, because I am -not- meditating or singing or hornswaggling about with it."

"Well, I know I've not been here before because ya say this place doesn't let people go easily so if one escaped.. they wouldn't- and I mean.. it'd take.. a .. special..
"
She cleared her throat..

"...I mean..." She scratched her neck. "Hush, no, hush." She pointed at the seer. "You're looking at me thinking 'If any one soul would manage to escape, then get themselves trapped in here again, it'd be her' Well, no, I have you know, your reading has been so so, overall, met a mage that helped me, but she was a girl, got a ship necklace, but died along the way. Who says the mists took me? Perhaps I subconciously came here to rob them. Hah! Technically there is no logistical difference between me being incarcerated and breaking in, after all." She nodded. "Perhaps this place didn't know who they were getting here in the first place. Captain Rovana, that is. And for my home, this place is alltogether too dry.. though right now, I don't feel it." She patted down her clothes, putting the necklace around her neck, and wandering with the letter in hand with Damia.

"Did you say rum? Great! I'm with you all the way.. Alright then, as true member of my crew, here is the plan, but first.. I don't need to worry Strahd will get this anymore." she grinned and handed the bracelet with her hair back.

"I will move to the gates of Vallaki to meet Strahds servant.. that I have a Vistani guide will only serve to increase my credibility. I'll introduce myself as assistant to her cause in catching Ireena, then, whenever the situation is right, steal the gem to empower my sword, while at it, if I can mess with hers or Strahds plans all the better. Once my gem is in the blade or however that ends up working, no disrespect to Madam Eva but at this rate I might end up needing to shove the gem up my butt to use the sword at full power,.. once we got that, its up the mountain, to seek knowledge, and, at its peek, a dragons skull. Bringing that to a mansion hopefully not far away will free my first mate from a certain amount of entombment. By the way, its Ludmilla, one of Strahds brides, no worries, shes hot, a wonderful kisser and not loyal to Strahd.. if we succeed. Next, we have to find.. how did the seer know I spoke to Patrina.. ugh.. old crone.. anyway! Patrinas brother is about somewhere at the lake. We'll help him break the Banshees curse, most definitly seduce her(I'd seduce her first then break the curse but we'd need a gag that works on ghosts) to get back at Strahd, recruit her as my navigator, plus she was knowledgable and magicable enough, and if we are lucky, an old friend of mine that has fallen into slight misfortune after a making out with Ireena as cabin girl. Then, .. well.. we could use a few more strong arms to hoist the sails, but maybe magical ships lead less of a crewing, still, 5 should be enough. Once all that is in place, we will sail against Dagon, deal with that. Then.. Frankly, I can't challenge Strahd in his fortress, but he can't challenge me upon my ship.. So we shall sail wherever our heart desires. Somewhere with more rum though, first and foremost. I'd also not mind eternal youth.. I've determined undeath is no alternative for me." She nodded, re-reading Strahds letter, trying to analyze the manner he spoke in. "Jovial, but with a hidden edge, as if theres a dagger in every other sentence.. an egomanial subtone, lets see.. and hope he doesn't consider his allies and his guests important enough to use different tones..."

Rovana carefully erased most of the message, then wrote over it with ink of the same color, copying Strahd writing style.

My friend,

Know that I have sent you the one bearing this letter as assistance in your task of securing the path of my future bride, Ireena Kolyana. I have judged this missives holder extravagant but most useful. I bid you use your resources to come upon this goal swiftly so that I may be most grateful for your efforts. I shall enjoy hearing of the sucess of the fellowship of yours.

Your Lord,
Strahd von Zarovich

"Ugh.. who can write or speak like this willingly, its like torturing me hand." Rovana complained and flexed her wrist after finishing. Finally a quick flick of a heated up nail or similiar small metal object to fakely reunite the broken seal.. the letter would not look to be in 100% condition, but she could simply blame that on the weather, she nodded, putting the letter aside.

"But still, there we go.. Don't break into a window if you can get invited through the front door, but if you are invited make sure to leave the bathroom window open.. errr. That said, I can't lie to crewmembers without a rather good reason, one of the codes rules. I.. understated things earlier I fancy another, feel drawn to her.. too. Fair sharing among crewmembers.

Except maybe Joe err.. mostly because that'd get weird. Unless one of the Ravenfolks want to join."
She waved her hand. "I mean to say... you're a beautiful woman, I am glad you wish to come along.. but pirates don't ask for permission."[/COLOR She grinned, a confident glow entering her eyes, her tone calm, commanding, a rock to hold onto ont he high seas.. "Pack up what you need and provisions for a day for us Damia, you've done your duty many years, your life as daughter is nearing an end, your life as pirate-quartermaster is soon to begin(And I'm not only saying that because you have rum and I nothing to eat) as it dawns we'll make way to Vallaki and because I have a name to keep I'll make it look as if you've been taken, that'll help motivate us, we'll move like the devil is after us for because of my blade.. and once Strahd realizes what I've done and how not dead I am.. he may well be.

But first things first, we need to make this look as if some form of wild struggle has taken place here, now, have you any idea how we be doing that, matey?"
She leaned forward as soon as Damia came upon an answer, not letting her speak up, pressing a kiss on Damias lips, grinning slightly.

Forgery:
Dayum! She's forging that one so hard Strahd himself needs a double take: Roll(1d20)+4:
19,+4
Total:23

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Tser Pool Encampment

Madame Eva harumphed and continued to shuffle away, waving her hand dismissively.

"Cursed pirate indeed," she puttered about her tent, brushing past knick knacks and barking the occasional laugh at some odd thought she found amusing. "Who are you trying to convince? Me, or yourself? Ah ha hah hah... But no, attuning is a common practice for objects imbued by the arcane or the divine. Some objects will only attune to certain souls, and some require a more developed mind to unlock their secrets, but I've a feeling that particular medallion was meant for you. Aye, just sleep on it. That is if you intend on getting any sleep at all. Take Damia here along with you if it suits you. She's fond of you of course, but she's more fond of adventure. Heh heh... what girl? You think you're somehow immune to the Night Mother's eye? Now go, get on with you both. In the morning, your path will be more evident to you. Go find the gem and later the scrolls. You'd better hurry as well. The dark vestige is on the rise, it hungers for renewed life, and its call has already sent echoes throughout the valley. Earlier this night, in fact. Hmm... now, I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Shoo. Shoo."

She ushers Rovana out of the tent. Damia smiles and tugs the pirate along with her, leading her back to the wagon where her new captain unveiled her plans, over a half bottle of the dwindling rum supply and the forgery of an altered note in Strahd's handwriting and her best approximation of his written voice.

"You seem to have a lot of plans. Madame Eva would say not to get ahead of yourself. Fate has a way of surprising us." The gypsy girl giggled. There was something about her that was very similar to Eva's presence, as though she were the seer as she might have been as a very young woman.

"So I'm not quite good enough to be your first mate? But as far as women in Barovia go - I was your first mate in one sense, and nothing this fancy of yours could ever do would take that victory away from me.~ Still, I'm not the jealous type. If you care for her, if she's stolen your heart away, then chase her with all your passion. Just bring me along for the journey and let me play with you both.~"

Damia did as suggested by Rovana and gathered provisions for the following day. Joe fluttered into the corner of the wagon and remained mostly still. If offered rum, he'd lap at it a little. The Vistana returned with the food and sat down on her small bed space, eyeing the pirate until she was done with her forging.

"Don't you dare mess my wag--" Damia started, objecting the stated desire to make a mess. She didn't seem all that bothered however when she was drawn into the kiss, and the more Rovana toyed with the young woman's body, the more easy Damia would be to manipulate and goad into creating a little chaos within the wagon...

The Vistana began to undress the pirate, and shifted out of her own garments at the same time. She was comfortable taking her time with this, lounging about in a half dressed state, with her breasts hanging out and her legs and upper thighs exposed while she poured rum into her mouth and poured into Rovana's with a kiss. After an extended period of foreplay, she opened a small hidden chest beneath her cot with a small iron key and pulled out what could only be described as an extra large, double ended dildo with each end shaped like what a rather perverted and imaginative person might imagine to be the outline of a dragon's penis. On the middle bit, where the double dildos connected, there was a small ring of words that read: "Is no fun? Is no Blinsky!"

"I picked this up from a toy maker in Vallaki. His main hobby is to make toys for children, but no one buys them because they're freakish and scary. He stays in business though with his side line of "adult" toys. This was something he called the 'Argynthrust'" Damia giggled and waggled it in front of Rovana's eyes.

"I've been wanting to try it out with you ever since that first night."

She ran her tongue up along the double shaft and brought the toy closer to Rovana...

~~~​

Much later, as the two lay sprawled along each other's bodies, undressed. Rovana would find her mind being drawn to the medallion. Madam Eva seemed to be on to something once again with this attunement idea. She felt a connection growing between herself and the amber medallion, as she held it against her skin.

Instinctively she knew that if she were to wade into a body of water big enough for a ship to sail upon, and she were to dip the medallion in water while holding it, she could summon one of eight legendary ships of the Earth and Sea.

Once she summoned a ship for the first time, she would be bound to it as its captain, so long as she stayed attuned to the medallion. She would never again be able to summon any of the other ships, barring her own.

The eight ships had personalities of their own... tied to the soul of an ancient being that had been bound into the ship. She would learn, as the medallion attuned further, about the initial names of the ships...

The Devouring Maw, forged from the soul of an ancient demon.

The Howling Wind, forged from the offspring of the Queen of Chaos

The Heartless One, forged from a fallen angel's soul tortured in the Pit of Flame.

The Dark Kingdom, forged from the soul of a Yugoloth lieutenant of Gehenna

The Opus Infinitum, forged from the quintessence of Primus, in Mechanus.

The Majesty of Celestia, forged from the martyred soul of a planetar.

The Sun Lion, forged from the willing soul of a guardinal.

The Red Dawn, forged from the dying wish of an immortal hero.

Each of these ships would have the ability to travel to other bodies of water, by means both magical and mundane.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Damias tent

"I'm still trying to figure out if your Grandmother was taking a jab at me with the 'more developed mind' thing.. but nay, thats just the goals, how we get there, we'll see and adapt." Rovana tilted her head at Damias words.

Joe got only a beakful of Rum.. one had to ration it, plus he was undead, after all!

"Oh, pfew, so its really the chance at freedom and ideal you fancy the moist, not necessarily myself, I was worried there for a little. And I, chase I will." Rovana nodded, then chuckled. Then, she observed the toys reveal with big eyes. "We should pack that, my first mate has a thing for dragons you see.. Also, I wonder if thats realistic.. wait Argynthrust.. thats a funny coincidence, yeah, we should pack it, maybe it'll come in handy." She smirked, momentarily distracted and fantasizing as she watched the lewd toys shape..

The dragon floats before Rovana..'I am the spirit of Argynvost, so grateful am I for my freeing and carrying of my very heavy skull that I shall grant you, the great captain a wish.... empower Lady Ludmilla? Why of course!'

But a moment later, a freed Ludmilla approaches, and, because this is Rovanas fantasy, in a dark, lowcut evening cown, emphatizing rather than hiding a bulging.. 'Oh my, Love, the dragon has freed my mind and blessed my body.. would you like to see?'

'Oh yeah.. I guess I really .. trust in Argynvost Harr harrr..'..
Rovana chuckled at her own fantasy as she imagined Ludmilla lifting her dress and.. oh she must have been zoning out for a moment, why was Damia approaching?

"Wait, you've planned this? Mieeeep!" Rovana mieeped as Damia advanced upon her....

Rovana grinned, slightly exhausted, naked but for the medallion and her hat, the latter one only tangentially attached too. She could feel the medallion whispering to her. It was that or she had severly underestimated Damias sexual skills. Devouring sounded a bit dangerous. Howling winds? Now that was more her thing. The heartless one was a bit.. dark. As was dark Kingdom, plus the pirate had no idea what a Yugoloth or a Gehenna was, so she thought it wise to keep her distance. Opus Infinitum was too pretentious. Now Majesty sounded better, but it also sounded like something were she'd have to wear a polished armor to fit in. Sun lion? Considering her vampire love interest the sun wouldn't do her good, meanwhile, she wasn't a big fan of lions. She was pretty sure those might end up eating her. Red Dawn? Now that had more of a ring to it. Wait, how could someone immortal die? She'd figure it out later...

"Well then, I hope you have made your peace, we might not return here any time soon.. or who knows, perhaps we will..." Rovana grumbled, dressing herself. "Unrelatedly, when traveling the wide world beyond Barovia, what would you rather see, Howling Winds or a Red Dawn?" She tipped her chin.

With that, she'd travel the same road to Vallaki as before... this time, without derailing to the castle, hopefully.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damia
Old Svalich Road

After a fun tumble in the sheets with Damia and her toy, all the while dreaming of a freed and lewdly endowed Ludmilla, Rovana took some time for a well earned rest. During her sleep, the medallion attuned to her naturally, and she knew that she would be able to summon a ship to her once she reached a body of water and summoned one to her.

Damia filled up a backpack of her things and shared a pack with Rovana so that they each were carrying some rations. They then set off along the now somewhat familiar road to the west. By the time they left, it was dawn - another grey one, sadly.

"Made my peace? Hah. I'm a Vistana. I go where I will! And as for my family... they've had me for long enough. I'll see where you can take me."

She cocked her head and gave Rovana an odd look to her question.

"I feel like you're trying to get me to help you decide something," she said, slowly at first, tapping a pouch on her belt where she kept her own copy of a tarokka fortune telling deck. "Something that maybe only you can answer."

"Rawwrk! Fly the colours! Wee Woo!" Joe squawked.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
On the old Svalich road again!

"Oh, aye, that be the spirit, go where we want." She looked around. "Frankly, taking you to a more cheerful place ain't much of a challenge, but first we have a few things to deal with." The captain nodded.

"Oh don't go all seer-e on me, half of that was just cryptic for the fun of it." The captain insisted, adjusting her backpack. "I mean, I'd propably milk it too if I was a seer, but anyhow! I've pretty much decided already, aye." Rovana said, but kept her decision for herself. Neither did she chat Damia up about the code, instead, she decided to admit:

"This place is intimidating, even sticking to the road. Ahead, past the forest there was a bridge that was pretty much a death trap, though, knowing this place, perhaps it still is. I be grateful for the company one way or the other, I wont lie, well, I will lie, a lot, but not towards crewmembers traveling with me, unless it is to their own benefit.. err.. my point is, despite all showing of bravado this place almost managed to scare me, once when I almost died, another when I died.. and thought things lost for me and Ludmilla. actually, second thought, everything mysteriously worked out, so I've decided on giving up on trusting in my bad luck or good luck, its always an up and down as with the tides with that anyway.." Rovana tipped her chin. "My point is, I'm through over, or underestimating this place, I'll just be me, which is overestimating myself and fleeing from any potential danger, unless theres a clear line of fire on it. I have a set of goals and I will achieve them, yes, but on top of all those goals is surviving." She nodded. "Also, I can't get your Argynthrust out of my head.. no, not that way, but you know we might along the way encounter a bunch of undead paladins guarding his grave. That thing could get us both killed, or end up being a secret key to success and I'm not liking our odds of it being -both-." She nodded, but grinned ever so slightly as well, as they continued along the road.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damia
Old Svalich Road

"How else is an aspiring Vistani seer supposed to have her fun if she can't be cryptic?" Damia asked, smiling.

"And undead knights? What sort've knight, undead or no, would go through a ladies' recreational toys? Besides... maybe they'll just force us to use it on each other for their amusement? You know, the man who makes those toys is in Vallaki. Maybe we could buy even more?"

The gypsy sidled up to Rovana and traced her finger in circles upon the captain's shoulder.

~~~

The pair traveled through the morning, up the forested roads until they reached the bridge overlooking the falls. It appeared deserted. Damia took out her crossbow and had it loaded. Joe stayed silent but prepared to fly from Rovana's shoulder on her command.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
On the old Svalich road again!

"I errr.." Rovana cleared her throat. ".. maybe, though we'll have to do some pirating for money first, I lost all my honestly earned coin the way I aquired it, stealing." She nodded.

"Then again, thats just the big circle of life. They steal things, we steal them back, currently I got no gold though." She nodded though Damia would, to her amusement notice how sensitive and receptive to simple teasings the proclaimed pirate captain was.

Rovana showed the bridge a rude gesture as she strut down along its length, hand covered in her vest, but also upon her blade. "I don't trust this bridge.." She commented, as she made her way down and along it..

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tser Falls Bridge
Tag: Rovana, Damia, Joe

The bridge seemed eerie and it brought back memories of horrid zombies closing in whilst a larger monster zombie had nearly killed the pirate by itself, just absorbing her wild slashes like the undead monster it was. However, now as they crossed, the feeling of being watched had faded slightly, and they managed to reach the other side of the bridge without incident. Damia hummed to herself, perhaps to calm her nerves as she stepped closer to Rovana, occassionally reaching out and tweaking the captain's shapely butt.

"Sorry, I get touchy when I'm nervous, captain. And your ass is just... so damned fun to touch... and bite. But you know that from last night anyway.~"

She flirted with a nervous twitter in her voice as she looked over her own shoulder, just to make sure they weren't followed.

"Feel free to grab me back anytime~" She added.

~~~

They traveled for another half hour and reached the fork in the roads and the western gates of Barovia, which stood open for them to pass into the descent down into the valley below. With no intention of heading towards the dark castle Ravenloft anytime soon, the women and bird went through the gates and followed the road for another hour or two, until they had left the denser forest behind and could look across the misty, hilly terrain to see that the road was forked once more.

This time, they could see the main road going northerly and into another patch of woods that seemed to skirt the edge of a great lake. This was Lake Zarovich, according to Damia. It was named after Strahd's family line. His father was apparently a King from a distant land, which technically made Strahd a prince, though he rarely went by that moniker, at least that was what Madame Eva said.

"You know, she's not technically my grandmother," Damia said as she was relating this information. "I mean, we might be related a little bit, but... she's much much older than my actual grandparents. That's what my dad always said. She's made a pact with Mother Night you see. She's probably old enough to be my grandmother's grandmother's grandmother... if you can believe what old Vistani say. She just smirks and laughs when asked about her age though. But she certainly can recall more lore about these lands than any of us, like she lived through most of the history in this place."

The smaller road veered for a short ways to the left, more directly west and led up to the top of a hill, where an old windmill teetered and tilted slightly to one side, with its tarps on the actual wind catchers ripped and the wooden foundations rotting under a lack of care and renovation. This seemed to be the mill that Madame Eva had warned Rovana against on their first meeting.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Happy funtime bridge-> Slightly ominous crossroads

"Pfew.. eeep!" Rovana had her blade more than half drawn with the sudden bumgroping, raising a chiding finger at her companion, blushing only ever so slightly.. "Well, I've taken to fingering me blade in stressful situations, so one of us needs to depart their habits or it may end badly.. plus..." She adjusted her hat for a moment, focusing.

"There be nothing to fear matey, ye be here with Captain Rovana." She gave a determined, courageous smirk "I'll remember the grabbing offer though."

Rovana continued her way on, regarding the misty hills with suspicion. Sure, seeing threats coming was good, but now they too could be seen from further away. She also pondered at the forking of the road.

"Kings, queens, princesses, its all names we ascribe to ourselfs and use our power to make others call us, sometimes without any input on our end, often times with, just as with my name. Perhaps he calls himself Count because he feels that more deserved, perhaps he feels theres something missing before he can claim his crown. I named myself Captain and Reaver because I wanted to earn it, though this place makes ye work for it proper." She mused about Strahds claim to royalty. "Huh, see, I already had thought she was looking a tad old and just figured you shortened away the great-grandmother but.." Rovana shrugged slightly.

"If she knows that much, without condemning Strahd for the monster he truly is, instead deluding herself its the curse of vampirism or a dark fate, or whatever, it's either love or family." Rovana tipped her chin.
"Who knows, perhaps she's the real Tatyana, but anyway, she's mistaken. I can tell you one thing, theres no redeeming Strahd. I like to tell half-true stories 'bout myself, but this one isn't one.. I'm a good judge of character.. is vital on the sea, if you look at someone you sail with you need to know if they'll take yer gold and gut your throat, or only take your gold, given the chance. I like evil people more than good though, because they are easier to manipulate, theres always something they want of you. Respect, fear, gold, sex, even the devil wants your soul, the way to a selfish mans heart are their selfish desires. But something about speaking directly to the Count, even compared to other vampires, Ludmilla, Escher, the brides, they can be cruel and selfish, sure, but all humans can be but.. whatever his past is, something.. human is missing there, replaced by swallowing void and I'll do my darnest to avoid someone I can't cajole, tempt or intimidate, without Ireena there." Rovana nodded. "So frankly, all the stories your grandmother could tell, I'd rather deal with Dagon, enough work that might be, rob the Count, and set sails away. Well, or perhaps I'm wrong and all true vampires can be this cruel to the ones they aren't interested in.. " She rubbed the palm of her hand absent mindedly, pondering for a moment.. before dismissing the conundrum. She didn't like this line of thinking, for one she couldn't answer it without better understanding who Strahd was before, for two, considering what he'd done, she didn't want to understand him and for three she didn't want to think less of Ludmilla.

Rovana cast a glance up to the mill. "See, part of me wants to peek inside the dark depths, see what treasures might be hidden there but I already died too much for one life time." She shrugged, continuing firmly on on the larger road to Vallaki.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damia, Town Militia
The Barony of Vallaki

"Huh, love or family? To Strahd? How could anyone ever love him? And... how could anyone be related to him? I always figured his mother and father died of shame... or maybe he murdered them? Oh well, you're right about one thing at least - I'd rather face anything other than Strahd. So Dagon, here we come!"

The gypsy girl practically began to skip as she hummed to herself and occasionally twirled about. winking at Rovana from time to time and wiggling her butt provocatively.

~~~

Continuing on, the pair and their undead parrot stuck to the main road, which went north a ways, entered the thick woods yet again, and turned west for another mile and a half until it opened up into a large open space where Rovana saw for the first time in these misty lands something resembling proper civilization. It was a walled town, with proper gates, and the sounds of hustle and bustle behind its stone pallisade. To the north of the town, a dirt trail lead up a hill in the distance with hovels ringing the mound halfway up, and at the top, the familiar colored wagons of Vistani folk. Even farther north, past the hill, the clearing continued and showed the misty waters of a very large lake. In this land, it was probably the only shore she'd find. The lake was more than a mile wide and much longer in length, it seemed.

The gates to the town, Vallaki she assumed, were open, and cheerless guards with pikes and padded armor with red livery and steel caps stood watch, one man and one woman. There was no traffic coming from the road they were on besides themselves, so Rovana and Damia were likely spotted well before they realized it.

"Ho there! Who're you two?" The guardswoman called. "What's your business in Vallaki?"

She eyed Damia, a clear Vistani, with some suspicion, and Rovana's roguish appearance didn't seem to set the guards at ease either.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Slightly ominous crossroads

"Well, surely, even he must have had a mother, a grandmother, I don't know, children.. nobels like having illegitimate children all about I heard. As for someone loving him, I actually met one, she's a banshee.. no, I mean that quite literally. Errr.. I'll tell you the story along the way. You see, according to this one and she had no reason to lie, I was literally dead, even Strahd was better, a long time ago.." And thus she did tell of Damia what lead up to her death and happened afterwards. Perhaps leaving out a few personal details. "Yes, I had to cut me throat, it was a gamble, but I realized that the vampire wasn't one to easily let go what he got into his claws at that point and.. it kind of worked out."

Rovana did enjoy the show Damia provided whilest wandering with her, grinning and, after finishing her story beginning to softly humn to another pirate songs tune.
"Well this place is wonderful for a lover of forests." She remarked on the side. This was the fourth or fifth forest she had seen since entering the land of mists, if she wasn't mistaken..

She looked up to the iron city, ah.. civilization and its depravities. She glanced on to the tents, with a brief look at Damia,.. she wondered if other Vistani were allies.. likely, they were like different pirate crews. They'd support one anothers rules and traditions, but nowhere in those traditions was it written you had to be friends.

Whence Rovana looked on to the lake she grinned briefly, two fingers caressing along her necklace.

Then, they faced their first obstacle. Guards. And if she remembered right, this city was not as fond of Strahd as the others she had seen. Now how to approach this? Heroes never had to deal with such issues, she bet. The poor sods missed out all the fun.. she gave Damia a wink, then took a step forward. "Good day! We're traveling performers, I'm Rose of Anastacia and this lovely Vistana is lady Maria Dragonthrust, oh-, and this is Captain Flint, the pirate-parrot, the children love him, don't they Flint? We've been invited to sing for a celebration to be held by Lady Wakter, incidentially, could you tell us the way to her domicile?" Rovana could perhaps be forgiven for mispronouncing the name she heard only once.

Random performance oratory for humming piratey things: .. 11

dang, only 14 deception, could have gone better, propably not all believable. ^^ ^^

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Town Militia
Vallaki

The pair of guards took in the information and gave each other a look. Then the female guard shifted her pike and stepped forward.

"Outlander, eh? Hmm, you're certain you're not Vistani? You look like Vistani. We don't want that kind in here."

Damia shook her head, and when she spoke, it was with an accent that sounded startlingly sophisticated, as if she were a thespian or a true noble.

"My dear, I shall take that as a compliment, for I am to play the part of a roguish and utterly unscrupulous Vistana girl in my upcoming role. I endeavor to act and dress the part, but fear not, I am a law abiding citizen and shall respect the lord of this town's wishes and laws."

This seemed to satisfy the guards. The woman took a step back again and then turned to one side to let them pass.

"Well, that being the case, welcome to Vallaki. No doubt the Baron will be pleased to have more performers in town for the next festival."

Rovana noticed that the male guard rolled his eyes at the mention of the festival. The female guard continued.

"Just be certain you do keep the peace. Baron Vargas Vallakovich is very serious about citizens keeping order in our town. Also, if you intend to stay through the week, you'll want to attend the festival. Mandatory, you see."

The other guard grunts. Neither of them seem very enthused about the festival.

"Any breaking of the law will be punished severely. Consider this your one and only warning. If you are here to visit Lady Wachter, the Wachterhaus is on the main road heading to the Zarovich Gate - that is, the norther gate that leads to the lake. Just head along the central road until there's a major three way split. The mansion will be on your right. You can't miss it. Aside from the Baron's mansion, it's the largest household in Vallaki."

With that, Rovana and Damia and Joe were free to enter the town.

It was not the busiest town, but it was a proper one, and people were moving in and out of houses and setting up stalls along the roadside and businesses seemed to be busy with production.

All the hallmarks of a town's commerce were there: blacksmiths, general stores, tanners, carpenters, a couple wagon makers shops, a stockyard with warehouses, a furniture makers, a quaint booksellers, a seamstress and clothing makers shop, the occasional food stalls, a place that specialized in jarred preserved vegetables, a man who was kept busy making coffins, a trio of poor looking minstrels and sub par entertainers, and the many many residences each of which seemed to have its own small holding or garden behind it where depressing looking plant-life seemed to be fighting losing battles to produce very meager produce.

At the centre of town, Rovana would easily see the road to the north that the guard had referenced. She also noticed a couple competing taverns and inns, with one, the Blue Water Inn, catching her eye, as it was the name of the place the Were Raven, Marlena Martikov had told her about.

Damia tapped Rovana on the shoulder and pointed down a side road to the south that had a few more specialty shops, one of which read "Blinksy's Toys."

"That's where I got my 'Thrust' from. Hehe."

Also down this road was an open area that seemed to be used for a town gathering spot. Likely where the festival was to be held. Several rows of pikes with wolves' heads have been set up in an artistic pattern in the gathering area, and posters are being nailed up to announcement boards by bored looking guards.

To the north, among the more 'well-to-do' houses was one that stood out in particular, slightly removed and elevated from the others. It was likely to be the Wachterhaus.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Entrance of Vallaki

"I don't ... " I don't look Vistani, Vistani look pirate, was what Rovana had almost said. "Think I looked Vistani, but I assure you I'm not, big sailors promise. You see, I'm playing a dreadful pirate captain that has returned from the dead!.. I need to still tinker meself an eye-patch, me hearty." That much she could genuinly say and it was always good to mix truth and lies. She also made sure to stop supressing her dialect at the end, to pretend slip into a role. "Also, please don't insult us as some of these .. vagabundos." She made sure to add a slight foreign accent into words. "I can understand why you'd not want them in town, nothing but trouble, but method-acting as one of them is quite helpful if you wish to travle the wildernis unhindered, you see, the commonfolk don't bother you, and even .. other things tend to walk a circle around you." She nodded, adding to Damias explanation.

"Oh mandatory festivals are the best, you never lack in attendance." She said, for a little non-saying smalltalk, making a note not to stay the entire week. If a festival was that bad people had to be forced to participate in it, the pirate-captain would rather not stick close.

"Thanks for the advice, we'll make sure to follow it." Rovana bowed slightly and briefly considered, but decided against picking one of the guards pokets as bow-fee.

"We shall then be on our way, shan't we?" She smiled to Damia.

Rovana walked past the shops, idly remarking: "Those would make for great shopping.. if I -had- any money.." She made sure to cast a suspicious glance at the downthrodden entertainers, just being the type of method actor to keep an act up until she didn't have to anymore. She also coughed slightly.. well, now if she needed a sextoy in her quest of dealing with wicked kraken-grandfathers, she'd know where to head..

"I take it this places baron ain't that much better than Strahd.. and not a fan of puppies.. We got a little lucky there was a festival coming, not my best lie of all times, but the one letting us in with the least questions, good backup work there, Lady Maria." She mused in lowered voice, briefly wondering if her knowledge of Emils escape would be worth a potential reward if the baron hunted wolves and werewolf alike.. or rather, if the risk and effort associated with talking with officials. She decided against it. Her first goal was Lady Wachter. Well, her first goal was a sexy dark vampiress, but one thing after the other.

Rovana confidently walked up to the very same, until anyone stopped her. If nothing did, she'd knock on the door with piratey confidence, unashamed to invite herself in, if the door allowed it. If anyone stopped her she let a moment pass.. just for dramatic effect, while she prepared her next act and let them speak first.

Last edited: