What's new

A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

DM
Vallaki
Tag: Rovana

"It's not so much that we mind them... 'course we don't like the stealing bit from honest folk," the female guard said. Then her male counterpart followed up.

"We just mind having to clean up after the Baron and the guard captain demand their execution. Blood's hard to clean off the cobbles, and the Baron keeps on having the executions in the same square where he wants his lovely clean festivals..."

Rovana couldn't help but feel that these guards were a bit glum about the people they served.

"Oh well, all in the name of protecting the community... it's better than facing the Devil's wolves outside the walls," the female guard sighed before letting Rovana and Damia carry on, making of her musings what they willed.

---

"Well we could always *acquire* some coin," Damia grinned and wiggled her fingers. "It's only a crime if you get caught, right? Maybe this rich lady we're about to meet could spare some silvers."

She bumped her hips up against Rovana's rear and then gave a surprise kiss to Joe's eyepatch, which produced a surprised squawk.

"Luck's got nothing to it. Between you and me, we could charm and hoodwink this whole lot~" Damia said confidently, seemingly out of the earshot of any visible guard.

No one stopped the pair as they walked up Lake Street and headed towards the large, looming mansion which seemed as though it were disgusted with itself. It had a slouching roof that hung heavy over furrowed gables, and moss-covered walls sagged and bulged under the weight of the vegetation. As Rovana gazed over its sullen countenance, she heard the edifice actually groan. If the walls could talk, it would be saying how it hated what it had become.

Rovana walked up to the front of the house and knocked on the door, which had a bolt lock and was heavy wood reinforced with bronze bands.

After a few sharp raps her keen ears detected the creak of approaching footsteps. The door itself is not opened, but a small, four inch sliding window cut int the door at eye-height is. A man's dark eyes peer out at you.

"Yes?" He inquired, dutifully, in the droning, sleightly suspicious monotone of a servant who was used to all of his master's guests being announced well in advance, and now was faced with an unexpected guest who had deliberately or ignorantly breached protocol.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Entrance of Vallaki

Rovana though it wise not to further comment on an execution happy Baron... interestingly, neither did the guards seem enthusiastic.. the lesser of two evils, came to mind.

"Oh, indeed, we plan to rob the noble we'll encounter, whatever you can grab, go right ahead.. but for now, we need to pretend we're on her side, primarly to snatch away the gem for my blade.. thats priority one." She nodded. "Beyond that.. take what you can, and give nothing back!" She nodded, enthusiastically.

"Oh I'm sure decieving most of this lot is no issue, though I'm cautious of nobility around here... but you are right, a pirate shouldn't worry on such things." She grinned.

She raised half a brow, looking at the old, decrepit building.. but she didn't mind it, a certain rotten look was common to some pirate ships. Plus she was still pondering on how to do this..

When faced with the somewhat dismissive guard, she decided to simply pull out the letter (re)sealed with Strahds emblem, making sure it was seen clearly, but not for long.
"I have things not best discussed on the open streets with lady Wachter, due to an important .. change of circumstances. I apologize for our breach of etiquette in this manner, but this situation requires we make haste to compensate certain .. eventualities that should not come to pass." She said with a cajoling subtone, quickly bagging the letter again, keeping a calm, almost boredly professional expression.

"But I can fully understand if your lady has more important duties at thand, if you wish to tell her you had to keep us waiting.." She said, trying to copy Strahds way of speaking, calm, mannered.. and with a clear, barely veiled threat in the end.

(again, just give me a holler or, if you feel it approrpriate, feel free to roll social stuff for her. ^^)

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unknown valet
Wachterhaus, Vallaki

The man's eyes on the other side of the door regarded the flashed letter, then moved back to Rovana.

"If there is a message for the lady of the house in that envelope, you may pass it through the door slit and I shall carry the message to her. The lady's time is quite assuredly busy and all of her business contacts are known or announced ahead of time. You can then either wait upon the lady's pleasure, should your message grant you entrance, or you may leave your intended whereabouts with me and if the lady requests your presence, a servant will be dispatched to alert you."

He watched Rovana's response to this with dull eyes, though if she moved to place the letter into the eye slot, he would back away and take the letter. If this was not the pirate's intended course of action, she would note that his eyes would harden in thinly veiled annoyance.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Entrance of Wachterhaus

"First of all, I'm not one to wait, or to be fetched. I was told to deliver this letter personally, by someone more intimidating than you, or your lady." She said, with calm insistance. She did consider herself more intimidating, after all!

"Thus, I will deliver it personally, you can delay me, but I will remember that you did.." She leaned a little closer, considering how she wanted to be percieved by this lady Wachter she could actually act a little nastier for a change: "And we'll both relive my memories vividly later."

She warned, looking over the area for potential other ways of entry. Well, there was more than one way to get into a mansion, and now she had a reason for her 'having' to break in.

Intimidate of 17
Investigating the area for other possible entryways aaand.. a nat 1, 2 total. :p

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Servant
Wachterhaus

The man's eyes looked around for a moment. Something about her voice gave him pause.

"No need to get cross, madam. I'm just doing my job. What you're asking me to do is highly irregular. I cannot simply invite anyone in. What if you were a vampire? They stalk our streets you know, but our houses are safe, so long as no invitation is granted. So you see, I must be certain of who you are before you are granted entry, both for my sake and especially for that of my lady. I simply don't know you. If my lady were to grant permission, I would let you by, but I have no names to give her. Perhaps if you were to announce yourself and wait but a minute, I could report you to the lady? I am happy to tell her it is a matter of... of urgency."

While the servant spoke, Rovana looked around the front of the house. The windows were shuttered and likely shut. She could possibly smash them to gain entry, but it would be loud and would be noticed. There might be other entrances if she were to look around the whole of the house, but that would need to wait until after the conversation, unless she simply wanted to walk away from the servant.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Entrance of Wachterhaus

"I'm here to do a job too, which right now, includes pointing out that a vampire would not be here, standing in the daylight with ease, could they?" She extended a hand to let the sun shine upon it. Well, considering the usual barovian weather, she let the grey clouds illuminate her hand slightly more than the night would. Still, even she had heard that much about vampires.((I'm assuming its afternoonish?)) "I'm here to assist your lady in a matter that requires.. a special touch. I do not wish to cause unecessary harm." Rovana said, briefly noting: Strahd is a lot better at this, but I bet I could learn a thing or two from him on how to threaten without actually threatening.. hmnn...

"But obviously, I wish not to cause you any trouble. I cannot give you my name..." As soon as I do, Strahd is gonna know in a few hours, I bet. "But you can tell your lady that someone who doesn't mind waiting, but also had a long travel from Barovia to here requests an audience in a matter somewhat urgent. They and their Vistani guide prefer to stay unnamed but have been, directed to her by Lady Ludmilla Vilisevic." The Captain Smirked a little. Apparently Lady Wachter made sure to keep her ties and support of Strahd.. subtle, that could actually help Rovana get unnanounced access and given how Ludmilla knew her, there was a good chance Lady Wachter knew who the bride was.. but hadn't heard the rather recent news of her falling into Strahds bad graces. He was not one to gossip.

"Oh and.." She added before the Servant disappeared, trying to channel the way Strahd had spoken to her, just a little. How did he do it.. ah yes, compliment someone but make that compliment itself sound as if there was more to it...

"My thanks for your dilligent services to your lady,."

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Servant at the door
Wachterhaus

"Oh. You must be an outsider," the man says with a mixture of pity and exasperation. "It must be nice, to have seen the sun. But its light does not pierce the clouds of Barovia. Not enough to stop the vampire. They prefer the darkest night, but they have been known to stalk in the day."

He listened to the details of her visit, such as she was willing to say, and sighed.

"Very well. I will take what you have said to the Lady Wachter. But this is incredibly unusual. Do not be surprised if she demands more." He then slid the window shut and his footsteps faded.

"I don't like the feel of this house," Damia said. "It's too old... too stationary. I like sleeping in things that move... like a wagon. Or maybe a ship."

She winked and then patted her short blade, nervously as the minutes ticked by. A shutter to their left moved slightly, but it was hard to see beyond the window inside of the building. Another thirty seconds later and the window slot moved to the side again in the door.

"Your weapons must be collected and left at the door. The Lady Wachter will see you, but expects that this will be a civil house call."

A movement to their right saw that a man in normal peasant's garb with a short sword at his hip and a hunters' bow slung over his shoulder, walked up to them from the other side of the house. He had a dark bushy beard, balding hair, and was smoking a pipe.

"My name ist Ernst Larnak. I am to be keeping your veopans." He spoke with a thick accent. "So you be having nice, peaceful conversation with Lady Wachter, ya? Don't you vorry. I'll take good care of zem. You get back when done speaking."

IF Rovana was willing to be temporarily relieved of her obvious weapons, Ernst would take them and place them to one side on the porch. He would then gesture for them to spread their arms and legs.

"Must search for daggers. Naughty Vistani always have a few, ya? I know I vould. Don't mind it so much. You get inside, Lady Wachter probably give you nice meal. She is good lady. Very generous."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Entrance of Wachterhaus

"Well, but what are the chances I'm an outsider and a vampire." Interesting, she noted briefly, she had thought it an exeptionally cloudy day when she met Ludmilla. "Hmnn" She looked at Damia. "I understand you, but bear with it for a while, correct me if wrong, but just because you are Vistana needn't mean those wagons we saw outside will be friendly to us in the long run."

In a lowered voice she added: "Its not like we have to stay long." She glanced to the noise at the window, feeling watched. Then, she was let in, one hurdle taken. Out of habit she immediatly looked around the place for potential exits.

"Alright.. of course, always civil.. an advice, for your own good, don't draw this blade. Infact, avoid touching it much at all." She instructed, handing over blade and crossbow. This was a bit of a nuisance.. she'd have to earn lady Wachters trust, unless there was a sparkly gem that slowly rolled towards her somewhere in the house, she figured she'd need her weapon to actually find the gem she needed..

Nonetheless she presented her blade to Ernst. "Don't worry, I wish no trouble." Trouble made it harder to steal things.

She sighed, but.. the promise of a meal pacified her, and she did as the man instructed. A glance towards Damia said: 'I know you have at least one or two daggers he wouldn't find anyway.

"A meal sounds lovely..." She put down her backpack. "I haven't eaten proper since.. well, it feels like a lifetime." Technically, it -was-.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Wachterhaus

Ernst seemed pleased that the girls were accommodating enough to giving their weapons over and being frisked. He was efficient and patted them down without lingering -too- much in any one point. Damia smirked and returned Rovana's glance as Ernst removed three daggers from her person.

"All right Haliq. They are fine. Open up." Ernst said.

The sound of a mechanical lock unlatching and a bolt being moved out of place with a snap led Rovana to believe that the Lady took security more seriously than the old house suggested. The door opened to reveal a brown skinned young man in a well-to-do servant's uniform standing before them. His hair was meticulously combed back in a stylish manner. He was handsome without being overly intimidating in his stature.

"If you will please follow me," Haliq said, inclining his head and then turning.

The front door led into a narrow vestabule with three stained glass doors in wooden frames leading off from it. Two appeared to be closets for guests' cloaks and boots and other assorted items. Rovana's and Damia's weapons and packs were placed here by Ernst and then locked with a key that he had on a loop around his neck. He then followed them from behind.

Through the remaining door straight ahead, they entered a narrow room that was a the bottom of a stairway going straight up to the second floor, with a door to the left and right leading to other places on the first floor.

Haliq led them through the door on the left which revealed an open planned room that housed the dining table area next to the southern window, and just north of that was a parlour with three comfy looking couches, a knee high table for tea and drinks, and a lit fireplace that seemed warm and cozy.

Upon the far couch sat a handsome woman in a noble's dress, drinking from a tea cup. She smiled at Damia and Rovana and gestured to the couch next to her.

"Welcome, strangers, to my home. I am Fiona Wachter, head of my family house. Haliq, would you be so kind as to hand me this letter that was to be delivered personally? I don't intend to be rude, but given the supposed urgency, let us not delay by standing too much on ceremony. Afterward perhaps, we can attend to the pleasantries."

The Lady Wachter set down her cup and placed her hands in her lap, her striking gaze sizing up the two other women as Haliq approached Rovana and held out his hand expectantly.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Entrance of Wachterhaus

Rovana had a faint grin on her lips as she entered.. indubitably most servants assumed the added security measures were a bit of paranoia, but she knew better.

She followed the servant, looking around curiously, noting the key around Ernst neck in particular. .. why did everyone assume locks needed -keys- as only means of opening them, she mused.

Rovana was just a little hesitant, remembering how the last time she dined with nobles went, but she did take place on the couch, reasoning she might as well be -comfortable- and hesitant while at it.

"Alright then, I guess this qualifies as fulfilling my task that far." She presented the mostly forged letter, deep down hoping she did a good job of recreating the Counts way of arranging words, while adding: "I know little more than that I was sent here to assist you, at your command, but under my own terms. I have a way of achieving results others may normally struggle with.." She cast a sideglance to the ladys servant, pretending to not be sure how much she could reveal at this point in time.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Wachter
Wachterhaus

Haliq took the envelope and brought it over to Fiona, who had a letter opener ready in her hand now. She examined the seal, and her brow arched.

"The seal of Ravenloft?" she asked.

Haliq bowed his head and moved away, out of sight, but perhaps not out of hearing. Ernst however stayed, leaning against the wall, smoking his pipe and watching Damia and Rovana.

"The Count has a message for me?" There was a hint of wonder and maybe even excitement in Fiona's voice as she opened the seal and took out the letter. Her eyes scanned it with intensity. Almost immediately, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Ireena Kolyana? Who is this woman? Kolyana... Kolyana..." She mused, tapping her fingers.

Ernst cleared his throat. "I know the name, Lady Wachter. Is daughter of Kolyan Indirovich, burgomaster of Barovia village."

"Ahh... is that so? Well then. I suppose we shall need to keep an eye out for her. Now... this letter mentions someone to help me in my efforts. Not two someones. I think now is the time for you to name yourselves, my darlings. And explain to me why, all of a sudden, without having ever done so before, the Count von Zarovich has sent a letter to me? Not that I am not honored by it... it's just, well... not his style."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Wachterhaus

(Random fact, Wachter most likely comes from the german Wächter, basically meaning guard, and its weird for me to see it without the Umlaut. ^^)

"Ah, Ireena.." Rovana tipped her chin. "So thats why.. " She hesitated, making sure to keep her deception subtle. Lady Wachter could be lured by her interest in Strahd but this Ernst fellow was too calm for her tastes.

"First things first, there is a good chance Lady Ireena either has recently, or will soon enter Vallaki. The Count wishes her delivered before him and that no harm befall her along the dangerous journey. I've been given this letter and been told to find you, I do not know, nor dare claim to understand his motives, so I cannnot offer you more explanation for the sudden letter, my apologies." All of that was pretty much true, if misleading. She had been given the letter by Strahd, and told to find Lady Wachter by Eva and indirectly Ludmilla. "If I were to gander a guess, based on the security measures at your door, M'lady, you are a cautious woman and our Lord sees this not as a matter allowing of the delay of caution." She nodded, then extended her hand towards Damia

"The woman with me is a Vistana and my guide, generously granted as I am an outsider and wished not to get lost.. As for our names.. It is not that I wish to hide myself from you.." but Strahd "But I propose you call me Lady Nobody and my companion Lady No-one." She didn't even have to act to put a slightly evil, winning smirk on her lips.

"Because if anyone were to question you who you spoke to about.. certain matters, you could truly say you spoke to no one, and you'd ask nobody to prove their loyalty to Count Strahd over the ruler of Vallakki." Rovana gave an innocent, slightly conspiratory smile to Lady Wachter. "But yes, if you wish to test me or my loyalty I fear no challenge."

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Fiona Wachter
Wachterhaus

The Lady Wachter regarded Rovana with appraising interest.

"Do not mistake common sense caution for an inability to act. The two are not mutually exclusive."

She sighed when Rovana refused to give her name.

"I'm afraid that simply won't do. I do not work with people I don't know. There are other agencies in this world that would like nothing more than to see my house fall. I must know details. How did you become acquainted with the Count and enter his services? How did you know to find me? What is your true background?

"I make no secret of my preference for the Count over the imbecilic puppetry of the Baron Vallakovich's insanity - but this town is still undecided. They fear Strahd, but he is an inconsistent presence. The Baron is here all the time. I have been working to undermine his powerbase, but it is still teetering upon the knife's edge.

"If I am to be able to have the authority to seize this Ireena woman without interference from the Baron, then I must have some sort of hold over him. Something that he won't be able to outright act upon and send his henchmen to stir up trouble. If you are to aid me, then you must tell me your names, your story, enough to satisfy my interest. Then, I would have you do a task for me, to prove that you and this letter are true. You must infiltrate the Baron's home and convince his airheaded wife to join my bookclub."

She smiled malevolently.

"Of course, my bookclub is something more than just light reading. My most fervent supporters are among it. If we could have her attend a meeting, I'm sure we could make an ally out of the Baron's beloved, and be able to manipulate events to better capture Ireena - and prepare for my eventual ascension to Baroness of Vallaki."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Wachterhaus

"Lady Wachter, it'd take quite a while to tell you my backround. If I tell you all of it, you might be in grave danger before I finish, because your servant saw fit to seperate me from my weapon, and some weapons have a mind of their own, lets leave it at that." She raised a hand.. "A necessary precaution, I know, but if you insist.. Knowledge is power, but power can destroy those that wield it too. For example, .." She winked at Ernst, requesting: "Stop me if I'm lying to your lady." Then she turned back to Lady Wachter

"My backstory.. so be it. Make no mistake, Ludmilla told me she'd rather see you in charge than the current inept Baron, but if she hadn't told me of you, I'd have more important things to do than chit chat. Truthfully, I first met the Count miscolored by local lies when he tried to claim Ireena as is, but my parrot helped stop his magic, and I simply put my sword on the enchanted Ireenas throat, tired of these antics. He did display an impressive power that got me intrigued, so later on I met with Lady Ludmilla and was invited into the castle.. I believe her.. kiss put me under a spell, but I care not. The Count dined with me to discuss the matter currently at hand and I saw him for what he truly was." A mad monster of a man. "The letter you hold is for me and from the Count himself." With slight improvements.

"But as far as my name goes.. I am Captain Rovana, The Reaver, this is Damia, my vistana guide, and member of my crew, not a fan of mortal danger, dying is a bad habit and I'm trying to quit. Now, rewards, cold hard coin, jewelry, gems and baubles, that interests me more. I can't help but note that in aiding you I will come closer to my goal, but you will also come closer to one of yours. I know of Ireena, as well as the allies she has with her, which are not without danger, I could have an easy time sneaking up on her and taking her for myself, but I'm sure the count would be most pleased with either of us reporting of our sucessful,.. cooperation." She grinned. Now that she had given the woman what she wanted, time to go fishing for what Rovana wanted.

"I wont lie to you, The Count has interesting offers for those delivering Ireena, but.. I'm a simple soul. I'm sure I can get the Barons wife to join your bookclub, just as easily as I could walk past the city guards with a Vistana in tow, but with a glittering incentive or two I'm sure I could perform my task much smoother, easier and with greater enjoyment.

Oh, I'd also require to know more of your bookclub, and if you had a reading material or two that could aid in getting someones interest..."
Rovana suggested. "Finally, a description of the baroness and her habits, as much as you, or an assistant of yours can provide me with.."

(Feel like this one demands a persuasion roll.. not that Rovana is after gold.)
Aaand lucky she isn't, just a 2, for a total of 7. No matter, its more important to look greedy than be greedy.. right now. :p

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Wachter and Ernst
Wachterhaus

The pipe-smoking Ernst simply shrugged his heavyset shoulders and blew a smoke ring in response to Rovana challenging him to see through her truth and falsehoods. The Lady Wachter lounged back in her couch and listened with a cool regard for what the pirate had to say. When Rovana mentioned that the letter the Lady Wachter had was not meant for her but instead for the pirate, the noble woman frowned ever so slightly, and put the parchment aside.

"So the Count did not send you here to me specifically. You have heard of my support for the Von Zarovich claim to be recognised openly as our rightful feudal lord -- which he IS most certainly, even if he is negligent at times. But as I said, you have heard of my position and have come to my doorstep trying to get me to help you with your requested task. You are new here, so I wonder how vested you would be in my own success, if at all?"

She paused and leaned forward.

"If you do truly serve at Strahd's behest, then I wish you well. My family has for long generations served the Von Zarovich line, well back into the days of King Barov and Queen Ravonia. We have not forgotten our duty to their memory, as the corrupt and insane Baron Vallakovich has. If you walk around and listen to the people of this town, you will learn quickly just what a nightmare that man is, and all in the name of trying to vanquish his rightful lord by using... happiness!" The lady practically spat out the word.

"This town is not suffering because of the Count. It suffers because it struggles against him at the behest of a spiteful lunatic. When I am in charge of this town, we will pay our rightful tax, with those with loyal hearts reaping their rewards, and foolish put in their rightful place. There will at last be a firm, but fair-minded leader of the people. So. I propose that since we both serve the same lord and both wish to benefit equally under him, that we do each other a favor. I will have my associates throughout the town be on the lookout for this Ireena, and in the meantime, you will convince Lydia Petrovna, the current Baroness, to come alone outside of her house, and be brought without the Baron's knowledge to my house. If you do this, I have methods by which to... make her more docile to my point of view. I don't care how you do it... so long as you can get her here without raising an alarm."

She tapped her fingers at hearing the last requests that Rovana had before continuing.

"She's a tall woman, taller than her imbecile husband. She's thin, with silvery hair that is typical for her family line. She's completely bought in to her maniac husband's mantra of "All will be Well!" and now spends most of her time tempting the poor folk with warm food in exchange for them helping her put together the next idiotic festival's decorations. I'm sure that if the two of you decided to pose as Vallakian wives, you could ask to do some sewing with her or some nonsense. She rarely leaves her house, except when at her husband's side, hence my need for you to be clever and get her to go out by herself.

"Ah, as for my bookclub, it's simply based on some philosophical works that I have studied, pertaining to the nature of humanity, our land and the rewards to be reaped either in the here and now or beyond the veil. It doubtless will be beyond the Baroness' simpleton mind, but essentially it boils down to this. True happiness does not come from false hope. Hope is a lie, and it is an idea for the pathetic and the inept. Happiness or satisfaction as I prefer to term it, comes from having the will to seize it for yourself. My bookclub reads materials that pertain to tales and treatises that discuss this will to power at length. It is refreshing and intellectual reading for many in this community that have come to hear it. And it teaches us why we should respect, not resent our Lord Strahd."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Wachterhaus

"Lets be honest over .. political, I don't know you, you know little of me, how could I be invested in your sucess. You've been asking all the questions." Frankly, I'm invested in you not succeeding, but lets keep that hushed. Rovana mused. Well, that wasn't quite right, she was mostly indifferent to Lady Wachter, but Strahd.. Strahd had to pay for .. thinking about it why did she dislike Strahd so much, he was wicked, sure, but all he had done he had done to others.. specifically, Ludmilla and little enough of that she had seen, still, the puppeteering show of Ludmilla and the others he had given her alone had gotten the pirate furious in a way..

Either way, just when Rovana rebutted that, Wachter explained her case, and the pirate captain listened, trying to listen for something that swayed her. Old noble blood was most certainly not it, and.. what was the problem with happiness? Still, she nodded as an attentive listener would.

"Docile hmnn?" It would be good to learn of Lady Wachters methods, though Rovana made sure to put an evil smirk on. She had to keep in mind that her goal was locating and robbing a jewel.. but for now she had to play her enemies hand to make this the easiest for her. She memorized the description.. "Sounds like she wont be hard to find... would you happen to have two spare simple dresses, perhaps for servants, our.. normal attire stands out too much." She could indubitably steal or buy clothes as well, but she wanted a look around Lady Wachters house more than anything.

"An interesting philosophy." Rovana mused, she could somewhat agree with it. "I could see first hand why opposing and not respecting Strahd is foolish."But I'd be rather a fool with hope. "Power to seize what you want, hmnnn..." She smirked slightly, looking at Lady Wachter.. You don't actually admire Strahd, but his power.. if you had a chance to seize it, you'd take it, wouldn't you? I know it and you know it, but what would I do..

I wouldn't want the power to simply turn others into willing toys for me. But perhaps I misunderstand Lady Wachter, Ludmilla did endorse her as the better leader.. but was that my dark lady, or Strahds poison speaking? I guess I'll find out soon..
Ludmillas endorsement did make her somewhat reconsider Lady Wachter, sure, she was evil, but what did a pirate care? The Baron sounded as if he wasn't normal either. Her hand subconsciously came to feel the sensitive skin on her neck, where she'd been bitten, twice, and also cut herself.. though, if through Evas magic or Ludmillas care, that hadn't left much of a scar.

I want recognition.. my name to be known by all as great pirate captain, but is that equivalent to power? Sure, people know Strahds name, but they respect him out of fear, is that what I want? Further... She hesitated, remembering the sweet feeling of helplessness after Ludmilla had drained her and licked her into a pleasurable sensation of contentment..

It felt good to give away power, no.. have it taken from me.. She had to admit, as she for a moment imagined Ludmilla there, all female.. not quite.. it didn't matter, as behind locked doors the vampiress was in charge, not in the way Damia followed Rovana to adventure, but.. truly in charge. She imagined the dark beauty handling these political discussions, her hands roaming Rovanas body, enticing her, finally forcing her to her knees before her, inviting the pirate in between her slowly spreading legs, Ludmilla putting Rovana in her place, used her to show just how powerful a vampiress she was to command such a great captain as hers, not through fear or despair, like Strahd, but just through her force of will and lust, as she guided Rovana forward, a pink tongue upon dark flesh..

Rovana realized she had moaned out softly, but audibly, perhaps even a little aroused. That was enough to.. shake her out of her fantasy, though she didn't notice it herself. Was this a memory from another life? It was so.. vivid, for a fantasy, the Captain was aware of her interests of neither minding to be in charge, or have others be in charge, it served her well, as the prefered way to seduce men in the past, but she never felt it so intense with Lady Ludmilla. Was it because of the vampires bite? Rovana had noticed how Ireena acted, but she was certain her attraction to the vampire-lady was more genuine. Still, she had to find out more about this. "Power can be .. fascinating, tempting, mesmerizing. No one speaks of a peasants daughter breaking a leg, but the princess wearing a new dress is the talk of the town. Sadly, I am too busy to join a book club, frankly, I find your endeavour fascinating, in a land where a good amount of the people wouldn't know to use a literary masterpiece as much more than support for a wobbly table.

Anyway, we all have a.. place in the grand scheme of things, as far as I understand your philosophy."
Might makes right that is, really not hard, and you believe you are the mightiest, so you are the rightiest.. heh.. screw it, lets see if I judged your book-club right..

"There are some destined to lead, there are some destined to be lead, there are some destined to be clever, here is where I come in." She exhaled, still feeling a little flushed after her fantasy, hearing about making someone more docile seemed to got her.. distracted. "I'll be frank with you, I opposed Strahd when first seeing him." Still do but that doesn't make it untrue..

"But I've been taught how .. good it can feel to follow those in power and the most powerful is.. haaaah..." Lady Ludmilla, of course. Her mind responded, even though she wanted to say something about Strahd there. "Hmnn I'll do my best to make sure the Baroness learns her proper place as well.. ooh.. that can bring such happiness.. to know your place..." Rovanas breathing had quickened, her hand wandering to feel.. not for her pussy, but the place where Ludmilla had sunk her wonderful teeth into the pirates flesh, moaning out softly again.. "Oooh .. will you drink from her t..." She blinked, shaking her head, exhaling, as if just realizing she had exposed a bit of her belly and the outlie of her mons, with just a hint of blonde pubic hair with her wandering hand, and had been writhing on the couch for a moment..

"I.. err.. " She blushed, in genuine emberassment, with her clothes still in disarray and a subtly submissive shift in her posture she mumbled.. "I uhm.. we've just met, indeed, but we are driven by a related cause and if you intend to not.. damage me and make good use of me, I will try my best to do your bidding in this matter, to the best of my ability. I am.. not a loyal person but.. I've been shown my place, I'll make sure the Baroness finds hers too.." She nodded, leaving out that her place was most certainly not with Strahd while trying to convince herself that this sudden outburst had all been a well ahead planned act to.. make lady Wachter think she was truly loyal to Strahd, yes.. thats what this was, that was why, even with one of her hands waving distractingly along with her speech, the other was still hovering over her pussy, not even feeling much of its wet warmth, instead holding to the place were Ludmilla had placed her bite, even if all in the room were looking at her right now. Oh Lady Ludmilla, soon I'll find the gem here, and I'm certain that my empowered blade can help transport the skull to free you...

(Rollz!)
Not sure what to roll here, so I just did a charisma, add +2 for persuasion or +4 for deception: Roll(1d20)+3:
9,+3
Total:12

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Wachter
Wachterhaus

The lady smiled and rang a small bell on the small table near the end of the couch. A shapely maid answered the call. She had a fine hour glass figure and wore a black choker and thin black gloves. She looked pleasantly upon the Lady Wachter.

"You rang, my Lady?"

"Yes Amalthia. Will you please prepare a selection of my daughter's dresses to be brought to the den? Our guests will need to choose some appropriate attire later on."

"Of course, my Lady." The pretty maid curtsied and with perfect posture walked away to the door that led to the stairs to the second level.

"Now, yes, of course, it is a proper philosophy. In a realm like Barovia, one has to face certain realities. We can either sit here and mope and despair, or we can carve out a niche for ourselves. And there ARE ways to do this. There are sources of power that the docile will fear, but the wise will embrace. You tell me that you once opposed Strahd, but upon meeting him, you embraced the wisdom of his rule and saw the benefit of cooperation and the power it could bring. That is the nature of my philosophy. There are those meant to rule, and to hold the leash, and there are a majority who are meant to be upon collars and serve. There is no shame in this natural order. My servants here are only too happy to be in their place. And a proper mistress will reward her servants' proper behaviour. Would not this town be better served by this philosophy, rather than being run by a literal madman? Of course it would."

Lady Wachter rose her chin slightly, a swelling of pride evident in her bearing. Then her eyes regarded Rovana curiously. Watching the pirate as the reaver's inner thoughts brought her back to the blissful surrender to her dark queen, Ludmilla.

"I see... you had quite the experience with this didn't you?" Fiona leaned forward.

"There's no shame in submission to the powerful. It doesn't make you the lowest of the low... not at all. You simply recognise the power of your rightful master. You give in... as I have given in to my master, and as my servants give in to me. You have had others at your mercy before have you not? But now you have discovered what it is like to be at the mercy of another. A powerful lord..."

Fiona smirked as Rovana realized that she had been putting her hand inbetween her own thighs, giving away her desire. However, it was likely that the lady was thinking that Strahd was the one who had fed from her and imparted the lewd feelings.

Lady Wachter stood and crossed the small space towards Rovana and Damia.

"Maybe the two of you would like to stay for my 'book club' when you bring the Baroness? I think you two would very much... enjoy it. It will be only as 'damaging' as you like and quite educational. And we all do get to wear much more... mmm, fun attire.~"

Offering her hand to each of them, she would, if they took her fingers in theirs, lead them towards a door just around the corner from the fireplace, where Ernst had been leaning, and walked them into a cozy, yet dark room that was decorated with mounted stag heads, a large bear pelt rug, and a trapezoidal window that overlooked the Lady's personal gardens. In the room, two pretty maids, one with light hair (Amalthia) and one with dark braided hair whom the lady quickly addressed as Madalena, were holding onto a long coat hanger, with a selection of 10 or so dresses of various drab hues that matched the fashion of the middle-upper class of the Barovian style.

"You may take your pick. My daughter, Stella, has not been in her right mind ever since the Baron's demented son cast a curse upon her as his own insane way of rejecting her courtship. Therefore she has no need of them. Just one more reason why I want to teach the Baron a lesson by altering one of his own family..."

~~~~

In her visions of Ludmilla, Rovana's emotions had been so very real. She felt an actual tugging - a longing to be at Ludmilla's feet. Waiting on her dark queen to order her to undress and expose herself, so that the vampiress could feed once again from her most vulnerable and intimate spots. In her vision, Rovana could see many, many overlapping bite marks from where she had been fed from before. She was petted by Ludmilla afterward and complimented on being a lovely, obedient blood doll.

Then she would be ordered to turn and bend over, and await her 'reward.'

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Wachterhaus

Neat. Rovana thought, watching the maid. Obviously servants wheren't her style, she didn't like having things done for her, usually.

"Theres a lot of moping going around, its almost infectious." The pirate nodded, secretly smiling.. She hadn't told Lady Wachter all of this, as she'd been lying, she merely let the noble come to her own conclusions.. which was still lying, but as she did it to herself, Rovana was entirely innocent in the matter. A very piratey thing to do!.. that she didn't entirely disagree helped as well, of course.

Rovana blushed slightly at the Ladys explanation, adding: "I haven't met this baron but sometimes it takes just a few words like 'Mandatory festival' to question someones habits." Briefly she did wonder if she could befriend Lady Wachter and oppose Strahd, clearly Wachters support of the Count was philosophical rather than emotional, .. thinking about it, Rovana struggled to come up with anyone that supported Strahd because they actually wanted to. Most definitly the power I want, to be the focus of interest by women like her who'd betray me if they find me without me blade and crew. Fear and power alone are hollow if you find yourself without your power.

Rovana cleared her throat and reached to adjust her outfit, finally realizing the certain.. disarray she was left in. She was pretty sure this was either a sign of rum withdrawal or the effects of the vampires bite.. She really had to read up on the powers a vampire had over their victim, from some sort of source that wouldn't cackle and speak in riddles and was somewhat trustworthy.

"I errr.. Hmnn. Well, indeed, I did.. I -do- command others, not used to anyone taking that way from me, its not that I want to stop what I am now, rather, I've... found an additional.. calling in.. err... how to put it... " Rovana bit her lips, not playacting her light addiction to the pleasurable feeling of being made to submit.. just not to Strahd. She struggled to describe her feelings still.

"Enough of the philosophy, I'd like to get on with my task for this very reason... Stay for your book club.. well, I shall, consider the offer, whilest dealing with the baroness... " Then again, whats the harm? Actually, I do have to stay anyway.. ".. But if your offer wouldn't interfere with my.. duties, I am most honored." She reached out, taking Lady Wachters hand, adding. "Coincidentially, I figure you have a lot of literature on you, would you happen to have a reliably piece of reading material on the powers of the vampire?.. out of.. personal curiosity." She cleared her throat, following along and looking about in the room where she briefly mused, a prankful necromancer could have a great set up in waiting, before examining the dresses..

"All not.. colorful enough for my tastes but.." She stepped to pick the somewhat most flamboyant one, whilest listening on. "Altering hmnn? I am curious about your book club.." If only it didn't feel like the kind of curiosity you had when trying a bottle of liquid labeled only with a skull, an experience that Rovana had made in the past and as a matter of fact, not regretted the impressive booze she had gotten out of it. "So, Damia, what do you think, any particular routine you want to work on the baroness? Just improvise it all as it comes?" The captain grinned, seeming rather reluctant to leave her piratey getup behind. "Joe, can you guard my blade? That'd be.. uncomfortable to hide on me and I can't risk it spotted.." She added, less happy at that actually.

It seemed the Maids would assist them in dressing.. Rovana had a feeling lady Watcher wouldn't mind sneaking a peek either. Well, Rovana was no exhibitionist, but not execptionally hard to emberass by this, if they expected lacy underwear they were mistaken. Still undressing infront of several others, even if women was.. was..

Rovanas gaze fell upon the dark hair of the maid, distractedly. She reached out to brush over it for a thoughtful moment, uncaring that Damia, Lady Wachter and.. Amalthia was her name? Were still watching, as she looked at the long dark hair Ludmilla and Strahd just so happened to share.

"Of course.. yes.. thanks for your praise.." She smiled, and undressed, though she craved more to kneel, and have her hands caress over her mistress powerful body.

When stripping naked Rovana would reveal her tatoo, the skull and crossbones, though none in Barovia would recognize the Jolly roger for what it was. There were two or three older, faded scars upon her only slightly tanned body, hinting at an experience in combat, but either an evasive fighter, or a well armored one, her slender, not too muscular build clearly indicating the former.
A watchful eye could also see the fresher, but, through clerical magic swiftly and almost seamlessly healed cut on her neck, and the two small, but in these lands, telltale sign upon her neck, two as a matter of fact and right above her sex.

Of course, as Rovana glanced down upon her she saw many more marks, making it clear who she belonged to. Oh my lady, please quench your thirst on me.. You've hungered after me, haven't you? She thought and cooed softly, seductively looking at the maid.. who in her vision became larger and more muscular in frame, her skin darkening, the submissive smile of the maid shifting into a gentle but far more dominant, even slightly predatory expression, as the pirate blushed, not resisting the vampires advances, infact, tempting more than anything.. she could feel herself yearning for this, to carry another mark of her mistress, the praising words of being a blood doll both tempting and distressing her in a way..

She turned around and presented herself to be dressed by the maid with little resistance, a short, blissful smile upon her lips as the vision continued and she didn't stop with simply turning around, submitting to the vampiress in her vision and dropping to all fours, .. like an animal, her subconcious whispered. She is going to dominate you, like an animal, make you all hers... and they are going to watch. What did Damia, the maid and Lady Wachter do in this vision? They weren't important, satisfying her mistress was, right now. What would Ludmilla do to her? The pirates peripheral vision wandered over the stuffed animal heads and other trophies, imagining a bestial snarl coming from her dark mistress, as she felt strong, bestial claws on her shoulders, the fur on her back.. was it a bear? A dear? No.. no of course not, it was something much better, so strong.. yet making sure to take care with her, after all her blood had a higher purpose than to be spilled neglectfully. No, behind her was a dark, primal hunger, a hunger for her, normally contained by a human shape of love and romance, but now unleashed, yet Rovanas only regret was that she couldn't service her mistress with her mouth or hands in this position as she, fearless as ever, yielded to her dark mistress, feeling looming above her not a gentle maid, but a primal, powerful presence, which Rovana considered resisting only to feel it put her in her place, show her she was helpless to resist that which she secretly wanted, as she felt a clearly inhuman shaft prod at her heated pussy and a gentle kiss upon her neck...

Rovana closed her eyes briefly. This was all her imagination. Even though a certain.. yearning was real, this was but a wet day-dream. Were those a thing? She stood there, clearing her head of the devolving vision of primal desire inspired by this room and born by her withdrawal induced yearning for the vampiress that had fed from here a little more than a day ago now. If this is how Ireena felt I may have actually misjudged her.. spirit. Then again, I don't think I'm doing good work fighting Ludmillas influence, its more like I'm inviting it. And I kind of wonder if this place and its philosophy is the worst kinda place to be feeling like this.. then again, oh my love, even though you are locked away, in a way you are still with me and not in the boring, bardic tales kind of way... She thought to herself, torn between a lustful enjoyment at the idea of attending the 'book club' meeting and an uncertain worry.

While Rovana stood there, eyes only half open in a pleasurable vision, the maid would have an easy time dressing her and noticing Rovanas calm, pliable posture, legs slightly spread and leaning forward a little, making no attempts to hide her intimate parts until covered up.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Wachter and her maids
Wachterhaus

Fiona rolled her eyes at the mention of 'Mandatory Festival.'

"You mean Mandatory Festivals. Plural. As in one every tenday! A new rediculous plan to be happy! And to anyone caught not attending, imprisonment, punishment and even execution for not doing their part to 'keep Strahd at bay.'"

The Lady Wachter scoffed with extreme derision. "Last week it was the Wolf Head Jamboree... this week it will be the Festival of the Blazing Sun, or somesuch nonsensical drivel. The Baron truly believes that happiness is anathema to the Count. That if everyone were just happy, then the rightful Lord would not send his wolves to threaten us...

"Of course the fool doesn't realize that if we simply acknowledged Strahd as our lord, things would go far easier. That is why this town needs a regime change. The Vallakovich time is past. I will see to that, once I have the Baroness on my side."

The maids began to help Rovana undress, with the lady paying mild attention to both the pirate and the Vistana as each girl got undressed. By her eyes, it appeared that Fiona Wachter was pleased with their figures.

"I'm afraid I do not have any such literature on hand, nor is it particularly useful. All we need know is that Strahd is our lord, and provide appropriate tribute. Then the day to day business can be left to... well... me of course. And my close circle of friends, naturally. Of which, you could be invited into, if you play your cards correctly my alluring new friends."

Damia pursed her lips and chose a plain purple dress with a tight, form fitting corset and a high neck collar. The fair haired maid began to fuss with Damia's hair and mentioned that it would likely need excessive coming in order to be fashioned properly. The dark haired maid nodded and expressed the same, humbly, to Rovana.

"I think we see what the situation calls for and adjust from there, Rovana," Damia said. "Gain the Baroness' trust, separate her from her husband. And seize our opportunity when it presents itself."

The dark-haired maid, Madelena, started to blush as her hair was fondled, and Rovana's body showed obvious signs of arousal in her presence. This was noticed as well by the other women in the room. Madelena gave a worried look over to the Lady Wacther, but Fiona just smiled.

"Continue servicing our guest, Madelena," the lady commanded with a smile.

Nodding and murmuring her acceptance of the order, Madelena began to dress Rovana up in appropriate undergarments, the lacy sort would be quite pleasant to look upon after the disrobing of a tricky to disrobe dress. Some hosiery was hoisted up the length of Rovana's legs, and the maid's soft hands lingered a bit on her thighs, and then rested momentarily on Rovana's ass. The maid cooing softly, as though she were used to situations of exhibition and trying to make Rovana more at ease.

All this was starting to have a subtle effect on Damia too, as her nipples were hardening and her thighs pressed together while Amalthia attended to her.

"I can see you have experienced much within our Lord Strahd's domain," Fiona said pleasantly. "Now I think I will insist on you coming to our Book Club. It will be just the place for you to enjoy yourselves, the both of you."

The maids would dress Rovana into a muted magenta dress in a similar style to Damia's selection. Once they were laced and buttoned up, each maid would sit the women down and begin to style their hair. At this point, Haliq returned with some light sandwiches and a selection of cheeses. And the women dined and continued to chat, until at last Rovana and Damia were made out to be proper Vallakian upper class socialites.

Joe squawked and sent an emotional message to Rovana, one that said his orders to stay and keep watch on their gear was understood.

"Well then, I would suggest that you go to the Baron's estate and say that you are here to help the Baroness with getting ready for the next Festival. The morons will be only too happy to bring you into their home. If you require any of your equipment, just make sure that what you bring is not going to be easily uncovered. The captain of the guard is fanatically loyal to the Baron and is probably his most competent asset."

Fiona grumbles about the guard captain, as though it were only due to his interference that she could not usurp the place of the Baron through force.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Wachterhaus

Rovana had to admit, by what she had heard so far, she had to agree with Ludmillas assesment that Lady Wachter sounded far more reasonable than this cities Baron, well, she had only heard her side, but she sincerely doubted giggles kept Strahd at bay, unless 'Giggles' was the name of a mercenary army that was as well armed as it had an odd naming sense.

"Right.. I can see impaling wolves helping with the wolf issue but making a festival out of it I'm not sure if I should call macabre or insane." Rovana nodded. Just because a man was the enemy of her enemy didn't mean he couldn't still stab her in the back and vice versa in Lady Wachters case.

Rovana chuckled slightly at the ladys temptations. "Every day politics are a curse not a boon, I'd be glad to have others take care of it. Not to say that I'd mind friends with certain influences. Of course, I'm exeptionally harmless.." She smiled innocently, nodding to Damia. "Its her you have to watch out for when playing cards right, she even brought her own deck!"

"Whats the problem with my hair? I'll let you know I've been complimented for it in Tortuga!" Of course, those compliments hadn't been phrased like they would have been in circles of nobility. "Yarrr I'd be loving to set anchor with yer sweet lass." "Dream on, an anchor such as yours would break rigging first, savy?" "Don't be so my gold haired beauty, I be lively after two casks of ale, I be lively after two rounds with yer!" Then she had threatened him with her cutlass, he had drawn his crossbow...She smirked slightly at the good memories. He hadn't been the worst of lovers, though his claims were overblown and he didn't compare to the pleasure of being fed on and pleasured, then fucked by a vampiress, by any margin.

"Experienced much... oh,.. oh yes, errr." Rovana cleared her throat. "The only thing I request is that you keep silent about just whom exactly I'm loyal to, we need not secretive whispers and I need not be treated specially.. well, much." She quickly added, nodding. And thus, you plant a lie with the rich and powerful, let them lie to themselves, then tell their truth to others for you.. that, and just in case, Rovana didn't want to accidentially become more loyal to the despicable Strahd if this bookclub was as.. convincing as Lady Wachter claimed.

"Owieowieowieeee" Joe was the only one in the room to note that Rovana complained more having her hair brushed and adjusted than being cut in battle. "This lacy stuff is kinda ..." she complained and shifted, but .. it didn't feel too bad, so she kept hushed, for a moment imagining a noble that Ludmilla came to visit secretly at night in her castle and.. no! Enough of that for now. She had gotten.. distracted enough.

"Understood." She nodded to Lady Wachter while munching her sandwich. Of course, my most dangerous weapon, neither his guards nor you could find. She smirked, licking her lips.

"We shall do such. One last thing, what family name should we give him if he wants to know which family we come from? I suspect someone competent enough knows them all and 'Wachter' wouldn't do now, would it?" She chuckled, getting up, instinctively reaching up and trying to tug her hair a bit to feel more comfortable.

"Ugh, I swear, after this I shall need to do something extra-piratey.. either way!" After listening to Lady Wachters answer, Rovana would head out.

The Barons mansion couldn't be hard to find and if it proved to be, a single question to a guard preparing for the next festival would certainly lead the way. Along the same, Rovana would keep her eyes open.. just to note how differently a noble to a raggedy looking actor and Vistana were treated. That'd allow her to maybe judge the baron better.

There was, still, an alternative way of course. She could explain Lady Wachters plans to the Baron.. but that was at this point, more risky, if the Baron loved his wife, he wouldn't risk her just to gain evidence, even if there was a way to protect her mind. Furthermore, explaining all of this to the Baron without getting thrown in jail would be of even more trouble, after all, she had no evidence, and it sounded as if only the captain of the guard would be smart enough to quickly understood Rovana wanted to help.

That, and she couldn't risk any of her equipment, or Lady Wachters gem confiscated by annoying guards snooping around.

That, and and a part of her had become naughtily curious about the Bookclub of Lady Wachters, even if she was loyal to Strahd..
Insight: 14 total.