What's new

Revival of an Elegant Game(Interest Check)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Revival of an Elegant Game(Interest Check)

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't really come up with anyone who can slip into that character's shoes effectively. Perhaps it may be best to separate the twins, and have you meet up with a new companion?

And to satisfy my morbid curiosity, did he say anything about this to you at all, or is this just as sudden to you as well? He was on nearly 24/7 and has put up with bullshit here before, I have no idea what would cause such an apparent ragequit...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yep, definitely didn't know that, I really do need to read the announcement thread at least once a week. As for the speaking ill of you, I've made all of two or three mentions of you since the time we had it out in the shoutbox. My post above said nothing bad about you in there, and even had a bit of mild praise to your restraint. As for the last bit I put in there, it was to all appearances to me a ragequit, since I hadn't read the announcement, and could find no mention of anything on your profile or the recent shoutbox, or the first two pages of you last posts. I'm sorry I missed that, I really am, a lot of us seem to have lost loved ones this week.

Pale

Reputation score

Hey, I laugh both to face and behind back.

But no, I knew nothing of this. And frankly, though motive may exist, it doesn't change the fact that it was indeed a ragequit.

Moving on from people who are no longer with us.. Keylo, any ideas?

P

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is THAT what happened? I thought it was that you were sick or something.

Either one, I'm sorry for your misfortune, and I hope you'll be alright.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The only think I know about Incubus in the shoutbox was that he said he didn't want to let his bad stuff ruin our collective mood (in the shoutbox) and then bitbot, who doesn't like him anyway, made a snide comment and Incubus took off.

Over reaction? Yes.

Does he get a pass because his dad died? I don't know. It's a bad thing to have a parent die, but going out and expecting a pity party on a forum like this and then getting angry because it doesn't happen, that's not cool either.

Anyways, I'm happy to have a replacement for that character, if indeed Incubus makes his absence permanent.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

More definite answer to come when I'm fully coherent, but if the absence is indeed permanent and that an emotional spur of the moment due to distress...(perhaps I'm simply to desensitized to things nowadays to understand why meaningless words from anonymous individuals over electronic communication really matter...regardless of how dire circumstances may be), perhaps a replacement will have to do. That or I'd have to have the character kidnapped/whisked away/fiated out somehow. Hence, full decision to come in a bit. Though there are options that can be taken.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I think that may be for the best. Whisk them away, have their end be mysterious, so if he comes back he can jump back in at some appropriate time. Perhaps have the Lady even explain the new character as a replacement, because having to play the game alone this early just isn't 'fair', or something of the sort.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Regardless though, slight delay on posts and the like due to me moving and the likes. Will try to get back into the swing of things after I get settled in.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

No worries, moving is rather important. Good luck!

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Resuming this after next week, when my schedule is finalized. Recruitment is also open again for those that are interested (not that it was ever closed really.)

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

It's been a week.
Ya back yet?
I want to join, but I also kinda want to see if anything's changed from the last time.