Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both sides of the Adventure (Concept + Interest check)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both sides of the Adventure (Concept + Interest check)

A new rehash of an old idea recently came to me.

This concept would involve two sets of players, the Adventurers and the Villains. Each one would make their own backstories and reason for participating in the RP that develops out of this, but there will be a only a few GMs overseeing the situation and offering a guiding hand, instead of directly playing out the scenario for each other player.

"Adventurer" concept:
    Spoiler

"Villain" concept:
    Spoiler

Starting the game, from the Villain's Side:
    Spoiler

Starting the game, from the Adventurer's Side:
    Spoiler

How Actual Gameplay Works:
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Kathy; 15th January 2010, 22:16.

Re: Both sides of the Adventure (Concept + Interest check)

I'm in!
    Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Comment

This seems like an excellent idea, and while I would love to play a 'Villain' it's too likely that I'll never get round to creating a dungeon >_>. Interest is, however, shown.
      sigpic

My little corner, with both art and short stories! <3

Comment

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I think I'd even be interested in playing as both an adventurer and villain (getting ideas for both sides already ).

Comment

Adventures-villains?
          Submissive-dominants?

I'd be in, but I had a question. The adventurer is supposed to write in how they are to the villain? One key you made was being an integral part of the villains plan. Wouldn't writing in that type of thing kinda turn against the villain, especially if they don't want to accept the character? Or am I misreading, which is a common mistake of my own.

Comment

It would be interesting to play a villain, but you'd probably need to come up with rules (Possibly sent to the villains only) for dungeon construction.
            Ex:
            • Trap statistics
            • Monster Statistics
            • How many of what things can be in the dungeon
            • What treasure amounts should be in the dungeon based on difficulty.
            • Villain Character Creation Guide.

Comment

Definitely in for this one...I've been having many... 'ideas' for torturing people of late, in various forms. *obvious villian is obvious*

Comment

Originally posted by ToxicShock View Post
                Adventures-villains?
                Submissive-dominants?

I'd be in, but I had a question. The adventurer is supposed to write in how they are to the villain? One key you made was being an integral part of the villains plan. Wouldn't writing in that type of thing kinda turn against the villain, especially if they don't want to accept the character? Or am I misreading, which is a common mistake of my own.
                The idea is that the heroine (Adventurer's character) can make an implied position based on the dungeon and evil plot.

For example, if the dungeon was presented as the Villain was trying to sacrifice the virginity of four descendants of the mage who banished her dark master, in order to revive him...

Then Adventurer/Heroine characters could be:
                1) One of the descendants, still a virgin, lured to the dungeon to have her flower plucked for the dark master.
                2) The guardian of one of the descendants, knowing her charge was recently kidnapped, making one last desperate bid to rescue the girl before she can be used in the evil plan.
                3) A complete mistake! Some princess from a far off land that only was made royalty because of her family lying about being descendants of the mages, demanded by her people to go put an end to this plot, and doomed to be horribly raped over and over, only to accidentally foil the plan anyhow since she's not the right girl!
                4) Make up something else!

The idea is that the villain creates the plot, and the adventurer should match the character's backstory to fit better and be a good lure for the two playing together.

Although Adventurers should have some kind of base-line backstory that fits them, the individual dungeons they can adapt to, making the story more exciting and merging ideas together.

Originally posted by Pheonix Alugere View Post
                It would be interesting to play a villain, but you'd probably need to come up with rules (Possibly sent to the villains only) for dungeon construction.
                Ex:
                • Trap statistics
                • Monster Statistics
                • How many of what things can be in the dungeon
                • What treasure amounts should be in the dungeon based on difficulty.
                • Villain Character Creation Guide.
                All of these ideas will be in the rules, including cost to construct traps, mana drain for controlling monsters, and much more. So you'll know exactly your limits when building a dungeon.

Bigger games, and especially higher base-level adventurers, will mean more money and mana to spend on creating the dungeon. While smaller games may have a much tinier limit, naturally.

Other specials will be relative to GM-Rewards and player creativity.

Trap and Monster statistics are going to be generic enough that you can make up your own monsters and use them, as are most stats. The idea is that the system is going to be easily balanced, and anyone can pick up and make a dungeon to be a short-term GM if they want to try

I'll post up some rules when I get a bit of free time, for now though, I hope I've inspired a few of you, and am looking forward to everything getting started soon.

Comment

I'd be in for both, though probably one at a time.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler

Moar Pics for characters and stuff

Comment

The idea is really cool but dose have high very bad odds of dieing out. Also would both sides be able to team up in order to make things harder/easier based on the side they are on?
                    "The faster you do one thing, the more time you have for the next thing." - Straight Cougar

Comment

already have a dungeon idea flowing so i am in
                      just how would want the villians to send their plans/ dungeon scheme.
                      CYOAS
                      Cullnis in progress of writing.Pokemon gotta take them all or just yours

Comment

Probably by pm once the rules are up. Also, if all heroines need a tie in to each dungeon, that's going to probably mean that very few heroines can be reused. Wouldn''t it be better to have more generic plot hooks than ones specifically tailored for a heroine?

Comment

like an evil force is harrassing a local village or country.
                          CYOAS
                          Cullnis in progress of writing.Pokemon gotta take them all or just yours

Comment

I'm in, I must protect the people from Keylo's wrath!.......Which I probably helped to create.......my bad.

Comment

You and your evil dice Archer.... YOU HAVE DOOM MOST OF US!!!! I'll be the last to try kelyo's dungeon there by making it easy save all of you.... if I feel like it. >.>;
                              "The faster you do one thing, the more time you have for the next thing." - Straight Cougar

Comment

Working...
                              X