What's new

Clover Grove OOC Discussion

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Clover Grove OOC Discussion

I haven't dropped out of this, due to lack of internets I haven't been able to get on here to post. I'm still playing, just need to get proper internets back before I can continue. And it sounds like I'm missing out on some epic stuff. Just hope this doesn't end before I get back lol

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Good timing on comming back, it seems my dice gen just crapped out, so I don't know if I'm gonna get any updates in today.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Well I didn't realize that I'd have far less time now cause it appears my friend is hogging me up again, and my work leaves me tired but I'll try to keep up.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey OAMP, why not use your album to save the picture and drop us a link instead of keeping is as an attachment?

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Or just use tags.
[spoiler][img]https://people.mozilla.com/~dolske/tmp/awesome.png[/spoiler]

Spoiler tagged, of course.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Hey OAMP, why not use your album to save the picture and drop us a link instead of keeping is as an attachment?
Yeah, I might do that. The other forums I go to use this exact same layout/software/whatever, but its always full size for some reason.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Hrmph. What do you want to bet that the women "kidnapped" by Colonel White were actually "rescued", and he isn't actually trying to set up a kingdom of his own?

After all, this doesn't make sense:
"Well, you see, while I do want a little personal revenge, and I will have it, I assure you, that's not the only reason you're here. You see, not all the military fled. Theres a good number of them in a building about two and a half kilometers from here. All men for the most part. They want to rebuild society, but need a way to repopulate the planet, see where I'm going with this?"
The CITY might be abandoned. The PLANET isn't. The COUNTRY isn't. Hell, the STATE probably isn't either.

From the descriptions of the barrier, people can walk in, people can walk out. Stuff can be pushed through. Electronics get fried going through it, which prevents radios and vehicles (in particular) from going through, but medicine, food, and basic ammunition can pass. There's indications that radio SIGNALS can pass (sunlight, anyone?), and even if that's not true, all you'd need to do is transfer the communiqué from radio to runner for the passage through the barrier.

Add to that the fact that it's been, oh, probably two days at the outside since the incident began and Plan Black was activated. I daresay that Colonel White is still trying to reconsolidate his troops and hasn't had a spare moment to consider the future, even if he was cut off from higher up.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Hrmph. What do you want to bet that the women "kidnapped" by Colonel White were actually "rescued", and he isn't actually trying to set up a kingdom of his own?

The CITY might be abandoned. The PLANET isn't. The COUNTRY isn't. Hell, the STATE probably isn't either.

From the descriptions of the barrier, people can walk in, people can walk out. Stuff can be pushed through. Electronics get fried going through it, which prevents radios and vehicles (in particular) from going through, but medicine, food, and basic ammunition can pass. There's indications that radio SIGNALS can pass (sunlight, anyone?), and even if that's not true, all you'd need to do is transfer the communiqué from radio to runner for the passage through the barrier.

Add to that the fact that it's been, oh, probably two days at the outside since the incident began and Plan Black was activated. I daresay that Colonel White is still trying to reconsolidate his troops and hasn't had a spare moment to consider the future, even if he was cut off from higher up.
I see that likely too, then again I direct you to how f'd up Suzy's squadmates are, and I can bet this entire town is all either messed in the head or wants in your hypothetical shorts, as half the time you have none.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Have you ever seen 28 Days Later? I'll admit, two days is a bit too soon, but people are batshit insane right now.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Few new rules I'm working on that'll probably be done next week. Critical hits, some regulations for gun use in melee, a bit of adjustment to the gun system in general, and perhaps a battle simulator to help me wade through these massive battles a bit faster.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

In addition to the new rules I'm going to be posting soon in the other thread, I'm going to be moving away from showing the rolls. I've gotten in the mindset they're really cluttering my posts, especially the massive rolls involved in gun combat. Posts look alot more clean when they aren't breaking it up.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Or if you insist on showing rolls, roll out everything at the start and spoilertag it.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

If people want me to show it for them on a case by case basis, I can do that. I'd hate for anyone to accuse me of cheating somehow.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As of right now the rolls are the only way we can determine enemy range, and that's very important for firearm combat as well as enemy and ally placement. If you're not going to show the rolls then I ask that we be given at least a small description to how far off a target is whether friendly or not.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I generally try and call out ranges in my descriptions already, unless its NPC on NPC, which is a bit tricky.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Got a bit of the writer's block. Post should come in tomorrow.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Eh no rush. I have plenty of distractions to amuse me. Plus a few big papers comming up that should sap my writing skills for awhile anyway.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Is it too late for me to continue on posting or can I jump back in now that I've got internet again?

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

You can always jump back in. The only time it would really ever cause a problem is if you're paired up in a group, and even then I could deal with it.

Anywho, no updates today, big paper due tonight (that I haven't started), so better not burn myself out.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I love this RP my favorite parts are the squid orgy of Gothics and guns and also the termite's spider (also the venom part XD). (+ rep for all)

I don't have a favorite in write style, all are amazing