When the Man Comes Around (Sponge)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When the Man Comes Around (Sponge)

Karin got a bit excited, in a happy way, as she was was hugged, but a bit of nerviousness crept in as she was pulled down. Gerran could feel her tense up. His voice calmed her down, though, despite the firm tone. She could tell he was tired.

In his grip, Karin slowly settled back against Gerran, even resting her head on Gerran a bit. She tilted her head back to look at him slightly, eyes making the cute puppy dog imitation. It almost seemed as if she was smiling, too. One last utterance escaped her mouth, a childlike sound, as she settled in.

(Didn't timeskip to morning in case you want to react to her somehow or something)

Comment

(Good thing too XD)

As he lied down, he noticed that she had tensed. It was a small thing, but to him it gave a lot of evidence that she really did feel emotion. Tensing either meant surprise, nervousness, or fear. None of those things a zombie would ever do. She had done other things, numerous things previously, but the more and more he was with her, he had to acknowledge she was... well... a person. But this now led to a moral dilemma for him. Now that he knew that she actually could feel, hell still be human, what kind of tests would they run on her to get a possible cure? Would she be like this for life? A constant test tube? Before he would of had no problem giving her away to some doctor in a lab coat. But now it seemed so much different.
      A pang of deep stabbing guilt shot down his spine as he glanced down at her, only to see her returning caring innocent eyes. Letting out a deep sigh, he rested her head on his shoulder, and attempted to drown out his foreboding thoughts in much needed sleep.

Comment

Karin was unsure at first, but slowly relaxed against Gerran. She seemed to like the feel of him, how he was soft, and rubbed against him a few times. With a very audible sigh, she stopped squirming and closed her eyes, soon breathing heavy as she passed out. She was quite still, so Gerran had little trouble going to sleep as well.

Gerran awoke to a small squeek coming from his side. It was just enough to wake him up, there was no sense of imminent danger. He felt well rested, like he'd been out for awhile, too. As his mind slowly came back, Gerran also became aware of some shuffling, follow by a small, quiet voice. It had to be Amy, trying to be quiet, but failing pretty bad.

Comment

Finally getting some sleep, the night went on.....

A squeak. At least that's what it sounded like. Raising his head, he rubs his eyes and looks about the room. First thing he notices, Amy didn't seem to be around here.

"Hey, what's going on? Did something happen while we were sleeping? Amy? Where did you go?"
          Last edited by Sponge; 11th May 2011, 22:39.

Comment

(Oops, should have checked sooner. Amy isn't in the room with you, hence why everything sounds muffled

I'll come back later tonight if you've fixed it to do the update even if I'm done with the one's I'm doing now)

Comment

Karin was awake, looking intently at Gerran. Her eyes were wide and bright, with the goofy smile across her face that she seemed to be taking a liking to. She was very quiet now, though, and didn't move, but was clearly happy the man was awake.

The noises continued from the kitched, someone walking around and moving things, only a little bit louder. It didn't seem like whoever was out there was in any great distress, just trying to be secretive.

Comment

He groggily woke up, checking his gun and holstering. Karin was here, so where the hell was the other girl? Glancing over, he saw a rather goofy smile on Karin, it sorta threw him off. But what threw him off more was if anybody was missing, he'd expect it to be Karin, since she was more likely to explore out of curiosity again. But here she sat, watching and sitting obediently.

"Karin, if that other girl gets us killed, I'm sorry." Standing up, motioned for her to stay here, and began to head out toward the noise. And if she's going to run away, she could at least leave me behind my crowbar.

Comment

Karin reluctantly stayed on the ground. Her smile faded into a frown, but she didn't protest beyond clinging on a little longer then she should have.

Amy was out in the kitchen area, gathering supplies into a strapped bag. She didn't notice Gerran come up behind her, but seemed a bit frantic nonetheless, despite trying to be quiet. Most of what she was getting were food items, technically. With all the best stuff picked over, she was choosing spices and the like to fill her bag.

Comment

She's in an awful hurry. Trying to run away? Well, I suppose I should be casual about this, make it more comfortable for her. Or would that make her more uncomfortable? Whatever.
                    He gave a loud cough to clear his throat, making sure his presence would be known to her. Leaning back against the wall, he stood there with a wide smile.
                    "So, your heading out all by yourself alone? Well I can't force you to stay, I honestly think it would be better if we traveled together as it's always best to be in groups during a disaster. But if you insist, just be careful ok?"

Comment

Amy jumped and turned around with a scowl. Her mouth opened and closed several times, as if trying to think of what to say, before finally settling on something. "I can't trust you to look after me in the way I want you to. I may not make it far, but at least I'll be heading in the right direction." She quickly stormed off, not even bother to look through the cabinets any more or shut them, leaving Gerran alone in the kitchen and Karen in the bedroom closet. Her footsteps echoed loudly down the stairs.

Comment

Before he could react, she was already on her way out.
                        Shit!

Quickly he ran upstairs, gathering his things and grabbing Karin roughly by the hand, pulling her with him. "Karin we gotta go!" He shouted, quickly he pursued after the woman.

Chasing after her down the stairs, he called out. "Amy!? Amy!! Don't be stupid! Where are you going?! Your going to die if you go out by yourself!" The right direction? What did she mean?
                        "Amy! Where are you going? The right direction!? To where?! Is there a safe house or military camp?! Amy!!"

(Search for the girl.)

Comment

The street look much as it had when Gerran had taken shelter yesterday. Unfortunately, there were no signs of the girl, both because one lone person didn't leave much of a trail, and because there was enough of a mess on the street to provide visual distraction.

Gerran's ruckus attracted something else, though. His cries were echoed louder by rattling moans coming from down a nearby alley. It sounded much like the thing he'd found with Karin, though both voices in the in the mix were angry, unlike before. They were getting closer, and would round the corner soon. Karin tensed up and moved to hide behind Gerran.

Comment

Moaning. His ears picked up the sounds of moaning. Survival instincts now switched on, he could instantly tell how much of a idiot he had been.

Damnit! This is the kinda thing that happened to people in the movies! Yelling out loud, you fucking moron! She's most likely long gone, and you only exposed yourself!
                            The moans grew louder, he upholstered his pistol and flicked the safety as he readied from the encounter.
                            Well you've exposed yourself dumbass, but the least you can do is keep the attention on you and just hope she gets away... wherever she is.

It irritated him, he had been a good person and had been doing his best to provide for this random person, and she took off on him taking his close combat weapon and tool.

"Well sorry I couldn't protect you! Oh wait, I could if you had not TAKEN MY CROW BAR!" He emphasized that last bit in annoyance to nobody in particular, just himself.
                            If I find her later, she'd better be grateful as all hell.

(Glance about for a melee weapon, but ready for combat. Seriously though why did she take his crowbar?! T_T)

Comment

(Because she needed a weapon too...)

There wasn't much in the way of obvious weaponry on the street. A few loose bits of a car, specifically a hub cap, was probably Gerran's best bet. A whole inadequate weapon if there ever was one, though with how badly the car was damaged, he may be able to pry a sharp piece of metal free if he really tried and used some other bits for leverage.

Karen continued to cower behind Gerran as the noise got closer. He had his weapon ready for when his attackers would round the corner, at least his reflexes were sharp.

Comment

He'd given his position away plenty, so it didn't matter if he used his gun. The gunfire would probably be heard from ways away, but these zombies were luckily slow so it shouldn't be too much of a prob. He didn't have time to make a weapon, he'd need to use what he's got. Wasting ammo wasn't his favorite thing, but it seemed necessary this time. But he was going to use the car.

Grabbing Karin, he pulled her down behind the car with him. He harshly whispered under his breath.
                                "Stay here, don't make any noise unless you get in trouble."

The monsters still hadn't rounded the corner, so he might as well get a jump on them. He did his best to hide behind the wreckage, waiting for whatever it was to turn the corner to open fire upon.

Comment

Working...
                                X