What's new

The Question of Heresy OOC

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hi, this can be an OOC thread for the campaign.

Also, I am announcing that I will be running a Dark Heresy campaign that will exist in the same timeline as Shadow's. I've gotten the okay from him, and he'll presumably be creating a PC for my game.

The same books and restrictions are in use for character generation as there were for Shadow's campaign. You can list those characters in the same character sheets thread.

The campaigns may have a chance to overlap at a later time, but will start out separate.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Question of Heresy OOC

Started sending out PMs, but I think it'll be faster if I just announce it here.

You guys will be starting out on Scintilla, which means that with the exception of Caulder's character, you will be on a world not of your birth. This means that you should have an idea of what made your character of momentary interest to your Inquisitor. Even in Caulder's case though, he will be operating in a different hive city (like a different country) so he will have to have come to the notice of the Inquisition as well.

Speaking of your Inquisitor, you will be serving as acolytes to Inquisitor Astrid Skane of the Ordo Hereticus. Her homeworld and current base of operations is on Scintilla. Before she earned her position as part of the Calixian Conclave, she was an Arbiter, and she is known for her pursuit of rooting out corruption in the noble classes.

Please PM me to let me know your ideas for how you joined the inquisition, or if you can't think up any ideas, I'll suggest some for you. We just have to get you to Hive Sibellus on Scintilla, and working for the Inquisition.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Everyone has checked in, that's good to see. If no one ends up having further questions for Interrogator Sand, then I just need to know who ends up keeping hold of the data slate and the biosample kit. Also let me know how you intend to split up the money. (You can discuss this OOC in this thread if you'd like).

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Will just put this here:

As for my game, I'll try to get something going Sunday night, but I'm not going to promise on that. Work's kind of gotten a bit crazier here, so my mind is unfortunately on other matters. Proof of that is that I intended to make this post this morning, before I went to bed rather than one hour before I had to go into work.

Still, like I said, I'll try to get something up Sunday night.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Order of seating for the "tribunal": Judge, robed Inquisitor, uniformed Inquisitor, empty chair.

Also, for the medals on the uniformed guy: A Common Lore (Imperium) test *could* identify the most widely used of them. Common Lore (Imperial Guard) or Common Lore (War) could also work.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Well, beings I'm here, I'll do the test attempt for this shenanigan.

Seraph is using Common Lore (War) for identifying the third man's medals of honors.
Intelligence Check : 28 vs. 97

...Welp.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And it seems that Seraph's still distracted by thoughts of the flying, chubby cyber-baby.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I roll a 1d100 for this, correct? I'm still not entirely familiar with this system.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1d100, target is set by relevant stat. Aim for at or below.

In this case, Intelligence.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, should I use any specific dice rollers? I can't seem to find one that actually saves results, and I'd rather have proof just in case.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, normally, we'd been using Invisible Castle, but at last check, it was down.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Eh, should I use any specific dice rollers? I can't seem to find one that actually saves results, and I'd rather have proof just in case.
Behold! Use this for now, the role check one seems down currently

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

File blocked... I think I've found something on mythweavers, though. Gonna take screenshot of it as proof. Anyway, rolling for Common Lore (Imperium).

Int check: 31 vs 31

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Markus managed to identify one of the medals: The Macharian Cross, awarded for successful (and smart) use of the Tactica Imperialis in battle by an officer. Kind of an important one.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does Marcus have any of the Common Knowledge Skills (War, Imperial Guard, or Imperium?)

If he doesn't then he tests against half his intelligence. It may not be that big a deal with this particular test, but good to know going forward. Have the skill or roll against half your attribute.

As for Mallia's dice roll, she got a 90, so she failed versus half her Int (33/2, round up = 17). She doesn't recognize the medals.

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, knowledge skills are advanced ones, I believe. Though I do have Imperium so I can test against full intelligence on that one, and a couple others are treated as basic skills for me.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yep, you're right. I'd been thinking for a moment that Common Lores might be basic, but they're advanced. So no skill roll allowed.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As a little note, I'll be dropping hints here and there throughout this as to the full plot that will lead to the planned "final confrontation" of my planned story. And I will be keeping track of how many of those hints the group finds, since they'll determine what the cell has to do next.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How are we supposed to notify you that we've picked up on the hint? Just mention it in the characters' thoughts?

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, in character's thoughts is fine. Or make some comment about it in character. Of course, there could also be things that seem to be hints but aren't.

And I'm probably not going to tell which is which. Gotta keep some secrets.