What's new

Onyx Oasis Court (OOC Chat)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Onyx Oasis Court (OOC Chat)

I never really found any of them attractive except for Buffy and Drusilla, though I did like Spike as a character slightly better than I did Angel. Strangely I'm not a big fan of Firefly though it could be because I only ever saw it on TV and their horrible run pretty much just left me confused. It could also be that sci-fi isn't really my bag, I did like the theme song though. Sherlock is pretty interesting too, though I've only seen a few episodes as I don't really watch TV anymore.

I must be a confused 1/4 German since I like redheads, or maybe that's the 1/4 Irish making itself dominant.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sherlock only has 6 episodes, three per season, though they're feature length episodes. I found myself enjoying them and I'm not usually a big mystery buff.

I only saw Firefly on the DVD, well after it had been cancelled. So yeah, seeing the episodes in order helps a lot. I'm not saying it was super fantastic great, but it was a really good attempt at doing something akin to a live version of cowboy bebop, and then the Fox network killed it by never having a permanent time slot for it or even showing its episodes in order. I think the literal sabotage the show went through by the powers that be added to its mystique.

At least the movie got made and Nathon Fillion, Summer Glau, and Adam Baldwin got enough face time to go do other fun things like Castle, Terminator, and Chuck.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I watched Firefly on netflix. It was pretty a pretty fun series, but a couple episodes were too dark for me. I think the best thing about the series was the characters. (I bought all of the firefly comics too...)

Many dreams were had when Inara took a female client.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well in that case I probably saw part of the first season, I remember the one episode was called "A Study in Pink" and the other was the blind something or other. I'm not a big mystery buff but I am a big Sherlock Holmes buff so I enjoyed the ones I've seen.

Yeah I should go back and try and watch Firefly on netflix one these days, it probably makes a lot more sense in order. I did kind of like the western feel it had even if I didn't understand what was going on.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ember was just in my dreams... O.O black dress and long red hair and everything exactly perfect just like her picture. I was in my bedroom then I just saw her walking past the window outside. I pressed my hand against the window, then she saw me, came up and put her hand on the window, looking at me. It even felt like her fingers were started to go through the glass and touch me... She seemed distracted though, and not much happened after that because things went weird and I woke up, but holy moley was that amazing... My heart was still racing for like 15 minutes after I woke up.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds like she was using mirror walk on your window. Tricksy Tremere...

Maybe tomorrow night you and Ember can attend an opera and the Daughters will put on a show for you. ;)

Or you could play paintball in the woods with team Gangrel vs team Ravnos. And the paintballs are filled with fae blood.

I don't know where I'm going with any of this.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I either need a better imagination or better description while I'm writing cause I never get cool dreams like that.

And I'm not sure where you're going either but it still sounds kind of entertaining. Just be careful with that fae blood I hear it messes you up pretty bad.

Also is it weird that I want my character to run into one of the daughters just so he can call them a banshee, after they use those crazy melpominee powers.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not sure if they'd be offended by the term banshee or not. Guess you could try it out.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess it might depend on the daughter in question, it just seems to be the first thing that would pop into his mind after he saw such powers.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ranger always has the best dreams

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It might depend on whether the daughter in question knows what that word means! (totally didn't just look it up in the dictionary just now... )

I don't get characters in my dreams too often, but I was laying around thinking of what to do next for that story and fell asleep - so maybe try that. ;)

Mirror walk sounds awesome... I'd not heard of that before. There's so many cool thaumaturgy rituals...

I would love to dream of Ember and the daughters (and for that matter Eliza!!! ...pretty please brain pretty please) but not so sure about gangrel paintball. That sounds scary. :p

And Sin, I guess I get lucky sometimes with my dreams. Maybe next time Ali and Remina will be there. Or maybe Rin and Arlenia. Or maybe you. ;)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well banshee's aren't necessarily bad in Irish folk lore, though the word can have a bad connotation in English. Technically they were fey who predicted the death of people in the family they protected by singing. Which would be more how he would be thinking if he said it.

I usually do my posts before bed so they are rather fresh in my mind for dreams but maybe I have to many in my head at a time since I usually do multiple posts in a much shorter time span.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, I spend ages on poasts and have never had a dream of an RP. I'm sure I've done one just before passing out for the night. ...A lot of the time, waking up comes in the form of me waking up with my face on my laptop, and a giant string of rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs or whatever from where my hand was sitting for the duration of my unconsciousness, so I fall asleep mid-post a lot of the time, too. <_>

...Then again, a lot of my poasts involve my wording strategizing about how a character would react or whatever... and my RPing is secondary to my vidyagaem nerdery, so.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey guys and gals! It's great to have our little subforum back. I went through each of the threads today and made backup files for all of them, so if anything goes wrong again, we'll have something to fall back on. You all make so many great posts, and I would be so sad to lose them. So, this way we won't. Hopefully, I can remember to keep updating my files as we post, but at least we have everything that's been posted so far...

I'll probably try to get things moving again pretty quickly too.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Progress is good!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This is only sorta tangientally related to Marisa, but oh god.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds great Rangie.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol. That game was actually kinda fun Blarg. Especially since I got to play as a lesbian wrestler. Darn cliffhangers!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah. Surprisingly more interesting than I thought it was going to be. <_>

**EDIT**

So hey! That game is totally worth three bux. 10/10, would spear Killbane again.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Thinks about cacophony in the appropriate OOC thread*

:D