What's new

Onyx Oasis Court (OOC Chat)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Onyx Oasis Court (OOC Chat)

No, I haven't but that's cause I can't figure out where I hid it. Most likely it's right in plain sight. I still know who most of the characters are and such though, how else would I know about the Ankaran sarcophagus to mention it in my game.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

It actually didn't work for me at first, but at the time, all source games were broken for me. I think a windows patch changed some obscure rule about .dll and .bin files, because copying them all the main directory has fixed the problem every time I've helped someone with it. It pissed me off more so because HL2 was broken than Bloodlines, but the fix worked with all of em.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I always assumed it didn't work for me yet worked for others for the same reason Troika's other game, Temple of Elemental Evil, worked for me without any problems yet no one else could get it to work. The companys games are just temperamental.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Do what you can to get bloodlines working. It's worth it to play through at least twice - once as a non-Malk, and then again as a Malk. (Great Malkavian dialogue... "Yes! Then we'll be able to focus on our true enemy... the SUN!")

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nox Arcana is cool. ;)

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wagh, spent hours searching for pics only to have not much luck. Does anyone know of a good place to search for pics of vampire men? I do fine with women but whenever I try for men I have to sift through thousands of pics of Robert Pattinson and other various panzy-looking stuff.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pic of what seems like a male toreador:

Honestly, it is harder. But maybe searching for other key words... like a drawing of a street gang leader for a brujah, or maybe searching for aristocrats for toreador/ventrue. As long as their mouths are closed, whose to say they don't have fangs. Besides... those suckers are retractable. Concentrate on finding "the look" you want.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Like, Blue said if your looking specifically for vampire pics you probably won't find much. It's far easier to just go for a certain look rather than specifically looking for vampires. For example when I tried to do this for an older game this is what I came up with:

Most of my choices were actors or singers so that I could find multiple pics of them if necessary. Some characters were actually based on the picture rather than basing the picture on the character. It won't always be perfect either

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the advice guys. I dunno why I was stuck in the rut of looking for vampires since I don't actually do that with female chars. I've already found some good men!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There's always looking at some of the good vampire movies out there. Gary Oldman as Dracula, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire. The guy from Van Hellsing.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes! Then we'll be able to focus on our true enemy... the SUN!
I am now picturing FROZEN POST-APOCALYPSE WOD wherein Malkavian Scientists (mad by definition) have blown up the sun.

I should probably play Lost Planet before I compare it to that but yeah.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure Wolverine is the original Gangrel.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, vampire movies work well too. The Lost Boys is where the original look of the Brujah came from, even if they're technically Ravnos Antribu. Any of the Anne Rice vampire movies are what the Toreador are based on. Underworld works well for both Toreador and Ventrue, and the lupines make great Gangrel even if they're technically werewolves. 30 Days of Night or Near Dark are great examples for Sabbat pack members. And so on.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't worry guys and girls. I'm only gonna post in Rena's thread after I get your's up to date. I just thought it'd be fun to be able to play myself too. :)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tis quite alright imo.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I always thought the book was called the Celery Stalks at Midnight, not just Bunnicula. Then again it has been 25 years since I read it give or take.

It's fine with me, too. I usually include my own characters as NPC's in my games which is almost the same thing.