What's new

Onyx Oasis Court (OOC Chat)

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Onyx Oasis Court (OOC Chat)

Just realized I didn't add the botch mechanics in the rules thread. Basically each time you roll, if you roll a 1, it's considered a botch.

A botch cancels out 1 successful roll. So if you rolled 1 success and 1 botch, it's a fail. If you roll 2 successes, and a botch, it's a success though.

If you roll a botch with no successful rolls, then general bad stuff happens. =P

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Prepares to botch all of the things!*

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*has already botched*

I AM A SINGULARITY OF BAD DICE ROLLS

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Omg that was a lot more work than I thought it would be. Anyways, much more infos in the clans thread, including disciplines and weaknesses! I'll fill out the rest of the unique disciplines some other time.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It can get pretty intense sometimes, writing out dem mechanical bits.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah it was pretty intense, especially understanding stuff and writing it out in a way that makes sense...

Anyway, you guys and gals will be constrained mostly to the level 1 and level 2 powers, but I think it's still fun to see what the possibilities are.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You could encourage us to all go find the core book pdf online somewhere. The mechanics would be prewritten for you.

For my part, I'm less interested in the mechanics, but I know how VtM works already. You don't even need to show me the rolls in my thread (unless you want to.)

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm actually using the book as my basis but rewriting the names and descriptions for fun. The descriptions I'm putting up aren't really about mechanics - it's more just to give everyone an idea of what all the clans can do.

But yeah, I'm not really planning to roll dice all the time. Dice are icky! :) Sometimes it feels like the right thing to do though. I won't put the rolls in your thread if you don't want me to.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sounds good.

If I turn out to be a Malk, I'll be tempted to break the fourth wall if you do.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

i don't really need to see the rolls either. Since I know how annoying they can be to make. Plus if I see them it will make me want to update my threads for stuff all over again.

The physical disciplines are the worst ones to try and rewrite in your own words so that they make sense. Some of the others are annoying but at least they have some meat to them to work with.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Potence:

Level 1: Undead Strength
Level 2: Stronger Undead Strength
Level 3: Really Strong Undead Strength
Level 4: Extremely Amazing Punchy Undead Strength
Level 5: Whatcha gonna do, brother? When the 26-inch pythons of Undead Hulkamania run wild, all over you?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I like that actually, though I think it's mostly the Hulkamania reference. That wrestling stuff just won't go away will it.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With my Auspex Level 1, I CAN smell what the Rock is cooking.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does anyone know what book I should get for more info on Daughters of Cacophony?

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vampire Storyteller's Companion and Vampire Player's Guide Second Edition will tell you more about the Daughters.

The official canon never answers what they exactly are, but they give plausible explanations and hints at one of the following being true:

That in the Victorian Era, they were an experiment by a Sabbat Malkavian on a captured Toreador who happened to be an excellent singer - the result of this experiment so fundamentally changed the Toreador that she became the progenitor of a new bloodline.

OR

The infernalist (sold souls to demons) clan called the Baali spawned this bloodline for the purpose of sowing madness and discord throughout the ranks of the damned. The Daughters sing for both the Sabbat and the Camarilla, and with their songs can derange both sects, weakening them for the approaching darkness of Gehenna.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

What Blue said is really about all that is known about them, V20 only has about 2 pages on them plus the pages that tell about melpominee. They never really got developed much like so many of the other bloodlines.

I unfortunately have neither of those books on PDF but I can always answer any questions you have. They should be easy to work with since they're kind of a blank slate.

Oddly enough before I decided on making Kelly I thought about trying to make a character who would make a great Son of Discord, male version of the Daughter's of Cacaphony. Wasn't sure if you would allow them though since they technically don't exist according to canon.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Supposedly there is one canonical Son of Discord: Harlan Graves... he sired Celeste, who was born a man but changed genders (I'm not sure whether it was before or after embrace that this gender change occurred). Harlan's personality and fate are not defined, but it's likely presumed he's been culled just like all other Sons of Discord. There's one passage where they basically say that all Sons of Discord are dead and don't recommend playing one.

That being said. This is RP's sandbox version. Who's to say they don't actually exist?

Last edited:
OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, sometimes it is fun to just be creative. Like in the Melpominee descriptions, all that stuff I wrote about "the muse Cacophony" I totally pulled out of my butt. But like I like to say, my butt is beautiful so maybe the outcome is too. lol >.>

Anyway, if you have aspirations for your characters, you should totally let me know, especially when they involve the smaller clans/bloodlines. I wasn't really planning to push the sons of discord aspect, but if people are interested, I can work that in. We're all about having fun here. :)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

So there's a transsexual Daughter of Cacaphony/Son of Discord/whatever possibly running around. You ever wonder why they put silly recommendations out like not making male DoC's when they make such a big fuss about their golden rule.

I always have a couple ideas before actually making a character, the SoD was just one of them. So no need to really worry about them I suppose.

Anyways I did remember seeing something on the WW forums after I got off last night. Might be helpful, might not I've never downloaded this specific book though a few of the others are pretty well-done. Scroll down to the list of VtM books and there is a link to the blood-line book for the Daughters.

OP
Ranger Princess

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heh, I was just thinking to myself. What's with this Sons of Discord business. If I incorporate them in my game they'd probably be "Sons of Cacophony." Communing with a different muse is heresy! No wonder they were culled :p :p :p